Yogi DaHuggy

Jun 16, 2023
You know....ngl, that was not the movie sex scene I expected the MC to have with Anabelle. Had this whole story scene going on here then bam! Sex! A couple of frames later..."huh? We just fuck?" what in the hangover sex is this? We set up for so long for this.....man.....

Probably I play too much Eternum cause their scenes and set up are so good. But I expected to be like this grand opening with Anabelle. Idk it's good but.....
Ikr right dude. It's so fucking underwhelming. Like why drunk sex dude. Not with alcohol but lust? I get it but yeahh...so underwhelming for a main girl to be treated like a side girl

Reactions: Mr_Sel

Deejeey

Sep 11, 2020
performance gets worse the more videos in sequence there are because they are all still playing in the background!
in the scene with potion extraction the videos are smaller than the screen and you can see that previous animations are still animating under it.
by the end of that scene with all the animations stacked over each other the game could be measured in seconds per frame.

Flynn974 please report to renpy to fix.
inform other authors too because more and more games have this issue.
it ruins animations :(

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
performance gets worse the more videos in sequence there are because they are all still playing in the background!
in the scene with potion extraction the videos are smaller than the screen and you can see that previous animations are still animating under it.
by the end of that scene with all the animations stacked over each other the game could be measured in seconds per frame.

Flynn974 please report to renpy to fix.
inform other authors too because more and more games have this issue.
it ruins animations :(
I've never had any issues with animations in any game that has them. Includin this one.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I've never had any issues with animations in any game that has them. Includin this one.
Depends on your pc specs, the video size and how demanding the video encoding is. It's about the coding, there's one command that will clear the playback but it's not immediately apparent to newer devs and coders that they can or should do that.
No idea what the command is, python might as well be Swahili to me.

Deejeey

Sep 11, 2020
that is because you have cpu power to spare or the engine can use your gpu.

for me a single animation playing uses 30% cpu, 60% with 2 (with image from below), 4 from the potion scene reach 95%, 5th makes the whole system barely usable and scene has more than 5. it was a very bad experience going past that.

try the potions scene with Gabriella and Venus, reach when mc finishes and roll back and play through animations while looking at cpu and gpu usage and you will see unusual high usage.

the videos being shorter help seeing that it plays 2 animations at the same time
1708754578342.png
both the top and the bottom are animations and both are actively animating.
this also ran bad but not as bad as the next animations because they all are playing at once until it shows a static image. once they finished extracting pc was back to being fine at 3% cpu usage for a static image. all animations stopped playing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Depends on your pc specs, the video size and how demanding the video encoding is. It's about the coding, there's one command that will clear the playback but it's not immediately apparent to newer devs and coders that they can or should do that.
No idea what the command is, python might as well be Swahili to me.
that is because you have cpu power to spare or the engine can use your gpu.

for me a single animation playing uses 30% cpu, 60% with 2 (with image from below), 4 from the potion scene reach 95%, 5th makes the whole system barely usable and scene has more than 5. it was a very bad experience going past that.

try the potions scene with Gabriella and Venus, reach when mc finishes and roll back and play through animations while looking at cpu and gpu usage and you will see unusual high usage.

the videos being shorter help seeing that it plays 2 animations at the same time
View attachment 3381083
both the top and the bottom are animations and both are actively animating.
this also ran bad but not as bad as the next animations because they all are playing at once until it shows a static image. once they finished extracting pc was back to being fine at 3% cpu usage for a static image. all animations stopped playing.
I'm not sayin people aren't havin issues. I'm just not experiencin them. As for my pc, cpu is a Ryzen 7950x, gpu is a 7900xtx and 32gigs of 6400(2x16gig). I'm sure that's the reason.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I definitely had animation issues this update that I didn't really have before, especially in that Gabrielle and Venus scene.
Have had issues with a lot of Renpy games lately on my laptop, and its an i7 2022 model, not the p series but h series (dont remember the exact model)

Don't have the issue with my much older desktop, so I'm assume its an issue with either Windows 11 or Intel Graphics, or its a Renpy 8 issue.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I'm not sayin people aren't havin issues. I'm just not experiencin them. As for my pc, cpu is a Ryzen 7950x, gpu is a 7900xtx and 32gigs of 6400(2x16gig). I'm sure that's the reason.
Yea if you're PC was having issues, I would definitely be concerned :KEK: you should be able to play Renpy games rendered at 8k and still be running them fine lol

• Haha

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Yea if you're PC was having issues, I would definitely be concerned :KEK: you should be able to play Renpy games rendered at 8k and still be running them fine lol
Agreed. I basically only use it to play Ren'py games, BG3, Palworld and just started Pacific Drive and Nightingale. Nightingale is a bitch due to bein online only even for solo play and my net sucks ass.

Reactions: Phase_01

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
Agreed. I basically only use it to play Ren'py games, BG3, Palworld and just started Pacific Drive and Nightingale. Nightingale is a bitch due to bein online only even for solo play and my net sucks ass.
my old i7 had 33% usage for some single animations, my new i9 you don't even see a dent in the usage for the same scene.

But like he said some devs don't clear what happens in the background and just plastering the next scene over the old one, depending on the encoding and confounded by not using proper garbage collection older machines get in serious troubles.

Also most devs wont catch those slip ups because their rigs are built for rendering so playing a few clips at the same time does absolutely nothing.

Reactions: B2B2 and Deejeey

BakaHu

May 8, 2022
Android version?
It works on
it has a lot of animation
tapping too much can cause lag issues that can lead to crashing
And auto save isn't frequent a crash can set you back a bit if you don't manually save

Oct 9, 2021
I don't think I am the one who is not liking these abrupt sex scenes. Both stephanie and annabelle scenes were sudden with no build-up. Kinda ruined what were supposed to be their first sex scenes
Yes thank you. I noticed that this update too. It's a fun quirk for minor characters but we've been building up to both of them for 12 chapters now. To just abruptly cut to the sex scenes... I feel robbed to be honest.
As a writer, I'm suspecting that the Dev may have another project in mind and now wants to rush towards endgame. I could be mistaken but that's my impression. There was a lot of sex and impregnation in this chapter. Makes me think that the end is coming soon. Most of the "Firsts" are gone, now Dev is just gonna wrap up the story

Oct 9, 2021
Yeah I didn’t like the straight cuts and am I the only one that feels like the story was rushed in chapter 12. It felt like a speedrun. Sex sex sex mini boss fight sex cliffhanger reveal
Yeah I really think dev is trying to wrap this story up. Also there's a lot of girls and we're on chapter 12. It gets tiring trying to come up with new ways to have sex with each. But yeah the cutting to mid sex was a cop out, I think we were robbed of the buildup that we've spent 11 chapters building

Oct 9, 2021
This last update feel rushed, as if Flynn974 wanted to end chapter 1 fast before starting chapter 2. There is interesting side of the story on this chapter, it start to build up then ends as if nothing happend, letting us clueless.

One of them beeing the Auge letter on the door, seems Anabelle understood the letter we have no idea of it's contents and meaning to her. Just a he is alive, it cut abrutly like if she not really wanted to find Sirius.

Also the end of the combat, they avoid the spell, end up into a street then can have the luxury to fuck and sleep peacefully like if nothing happend. btw this sex scene is the only one that in some way make sense it happend abrutly, she repressed her felling and needs to the MC then after what happend she somehow lose control and jump on the MC.

I guess now we just have to wait for chapter 2 with the hope that's not the trend for this chapter.
Yeah I was confused by that. The inn was swarming with non friendlies, then they dodge the attack and suddenly they can have an uninterrupted night in the same inn they just got jumped in? Doesn't make sense

Landrol

Nov 22, 2023
Damn this game is AMAZING!!! God I HATE that it leaves on such a cliff hanger! Following the thread for future updates!!! Damn good job!

Pgabriel23

May 7, 2019
so i guess this game is good cuz has many "options" also good story cuz lets mix different cultures and make a mess=good narrative! played till chapter 6 what a snooze fest stop rating everything 5 star morons

4.70 star(s) 132 Votes