Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
So I'm not totally through the current version but there are some stuff that has been bugging me in regards to how the main character approaches situations and bits of the story in general. I will be talking about story stuff so I will be keeping it in spoiler tabs for those interested also so that it won't spoil things for other people. I do plan on to keep playing it but I feel like I need to talk about this. It's a bit of a rant and a massive amount of text so feel free to skip. (edit: don't consider any of my rant as discouragement, it partly just me venting and bringing up some possible talking points, just keep doing what you do.)

This will be discussing spoilers
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Very good analysis of the plot. Don't get me wrong, I wanna improve my writing here, so criticism like this is always welcome.
Most of these are very good points, like this one for example:
But:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Jus a minor question to ask as the premise could be interesting (acouple mangas in the past I have read where a demon/monster child was spared and raised). Is this game about an Incubus thats been tamed by hunans, and he'll just be a good little boy doing what hes told? Or an incubus thats been raised with good intentions, but his demon instincts as a Incubus are still very much prevalent in wanting to fuck, corrupt and make girls his?. So in a way he'd tun out at worse Chaotic good (if hes intended to follow a good path)

Im just asking, as I dont want to be given a demon MC, and find that hes just a watered down good little boy now lossing all his demonic instincts. It has happened before so I want to be cautious :/. Thats just not my thing for demon characters.

ngl, Stray incubus building his own harem sounds like it would be fun.
Yeah. I get what you mean.
The MC does have a demonic side, but it's mostly shown during fights. He's not an evil bastard in real life though. Him being an incubus only makes him sexually desirable by the girls around him, and draws them to ultimately join his harem.
Like Tanurak said, the corruption stuff is really light, and it simply means the girls being more and more drawn the the MC.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Thank you! As John mention, it's Nixie (the succubus). Her scene in chapter 2 is femdom and avoidable. I guess you avoided it unintentionally. Anyway, there's gonna be other chances to meet her in the future. And like almost every other scene in the game, you'll be able to see or avoid any scenes with her in the future too.
I have intentionally avoided it the second time, and I would have preferred a warning to avoid arriving on the scene the first time. I would have preferred a warning to avoid arriving on the scene. Actually, the scene has only made me basically hate Nixie and not particularly like Irena. Restarting the game to avoid the scene has only made me feel good about not seeing it, but it hasn't really changed my impression of those two LIs.

In any case, right now, for me, Irena is an LI with nuances (I'm giving her points, but I'm going to skip doing her sex scenes, I still resent with the Nixie scene even though it didn't happen in this game), while I can't find really reasons to consider Nixie an LI. And, yes, surely it's something absurd and irrational.

Reactions: Flynn974

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Sup!
First of all, let me say that I'm so happy I got to make 6 chapters of this. I wasn't expecting to get this far, tbh.
Huge thanks to everyone who played the game and left a nice comment, sent me a massage, or wrote a good review. <3
To tell you the truth, I wasn't particularly excited about making chapter 6, because I felt like it should've been in chapter 5 and that the whole thing was taking too long... But I tried not to rush it, because I didn't want some half-assed bullshit in the middle of my game. I hope it came out okay...
Now that that's out of the way, let's talk about what's ahead!
I've had the plot of chapter 7 (Mirror) in my head for a while now, so I'm actually really excited about making it (It'll probably be hard AF though...). I really think this'll be my favourite chapter this far!
The new plot is already split into two chapters. But it's fine. "It's all part of the plan." (imitating Heath Ledger's joker).
Some might've noticed that this weekly status update is one day early (I usually post on Wednesday or Thursday). The thing is; I'm going on a small vacation this week, so I'm not gonna be doing any work on the game for the next few days. That's probably for the best, because chapter 6 was particularly tiresome...
ch7 announcement.png

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah. I get what you mean.
The MC does have a demonic side, but it's mostly shown during fights. He's not an evil bastard in real life though. Him being an incubus only makes him sexually desirable by the girls around him, and draws them to ultimately join his harem.
Like Tanurak said, the corruption stuff is really light, and it simply means the girls being more and more drawn the the MC.
Nobles Okay, I am not the developer (obviously;)) and I am not involved in any way with the writing or development, also Flynn974 (the developer) had actually explained, but I will add a few points:
  • Although MC is an Incubus, he was led to believe that he is an elf and raised as a human by Seira, so he basically live by human codes and values. He even dislike the rat meat (at the Ninja Village) because of his upbringing. Nurture over nature.
  • However, you can't say that he is a total saint either because he (at least in my playthrough) had sex with a married woman:p
  • A special feature provided by his nature (Incubus) is the 'third leg', his incredibly large long dick:p (which is also magical that it shrinks and almost non-existent when wearing pants:LOL:).

Lastly, have a nice vacation, Flynn974. Enjoy:cool:!

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
i wish the game have a walkthrough or with mod (maybe), i want to collect all gallery
Here if you just want to unlock the Gallery. That was for v0.5c which I hope can still work for v0.6a (except that the last 3 scenes in the Gallery are still locked).

The game has simple routes and most choices are self-explanatory (except certain scenes in Chapter 4), so it doesn't really need a WT or mod, but if anyone wants to make it, then feel free to do so.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
So I'm not totally through the current version but there are some stuff that has been bugging me in regards to how the main character approaches situations and bits of the story in general. I will be talking about story stuff so I will be keeping it in spoiler tabs for those interested also so that it won't spoil things for other people. I do plan on to keep playing it but I feel like I need to talk about this. It's a bit of a rant and a massive amount of text so feel free to skip. (edit: don't consider any of my rant as discouragement, it partly just me venting and bringing up some possible talking points, just keep doing what you do.)

This will be discussing spoilers

"The Town of the Faceless God" was discussed earlier, you can read the earlier posts if you want to know about it. "The Butcher of Esyl" part 1 was not discussed thoroughly because still waiting for the conclusion in part 2 (just released a few days ago). Although you have shared a lengthy writing on both chapters, what I can say is that you are focusing too much on the side stories but missed out on their significance. Also, I have a very different comprehensions and views about both chapters, compared to what you wrote. I feel like most of your points come from projecting yourself into the characters (especially the MC) and expecting they behave like what you would do if you are in their place:unsure:.

As a summary (based on my POV), chapters 4, 5 and 6 (and future chapters) main focused are (always) on the character development/growth of the MC and relationship building with the LIs, while at the same time advancing the main plotline forward. So far the storytelling has (always) been stellar, limited only by the tools used by Flynn974. There are some (minor) missed opportunities on Chapter 6 which would have made it much bigger than it is:p (which will be explained in my Chapter 6 feedback post later).

• Red Heart

SomeFrog

Dec 7, 2017
Thanks for the reply Flynn, and yea those are fair counter points for the parts that you mentioned from my rant. Also would like to mention I did enjoy how the rest of the butcher stuff played out.

As for JohnF95zone, after thinking about it with a more clear head, you're totally on point about me projecting what I would do on the characters as well as the other criticisms about that write up. I'll also try again to look for the posts discussing the Town stuff.

Tanurak

Apr 26, 2021
Got myself thinking, and while it's obvious the MC is not going to be a villain/tyrant given his companions, but depending on what he has to face in the future, he'll likely develop into a young , while not as socially skilled, is younger and starts in a better position.

icollectsouls

Jul 15, 2018
Well, this turned out to be a pleasant little surprise. I like the fact that the girls all have fairly unique faces and aren't all same-faced like you see in some other Honey Select 2 works, particularly Gabbie who's got this wonderfully-realistic (without being uncanny valley) "other girls with this face wouldn't be as hot but she makes it really hot" kind of face. Body variety could be a little better (gimme the chub, I wanna see some thick thighs and squishy tummy) but you also can't go wrong with a buff MILF like Seira.

Story is interesting, nothing particularly exceptional but I also never mashed through text so it's good enough for me. The combination of Greek gods, more Christian/Gothic-style demons, and... ninjas, seemingly the Naruto definition of them (where they're less "assassins" and more "vaguely-stealthy all-rounder hero-types"), is a little odd but at least it's original and not just a bad attempt at a Tolkien-esque fantasy.
Personally I was hoping the Town of the Faceless God segment was going to go in a different direction, where instead of it just being some attempt at a "punishment" by a goddess and Zycris's decision of fighting to break it or just leaving, it could've been more "the dead girl's grudge/regrets are causing the curse and Zycris is able to lift the curse by getting her to move on."
The segment with the Butcher was different and a little tense, and I enjoyed the fact I was able to predict his true identity, but what particularly stood out to me was his backstory and motives for killing having this "warped tragedy" thing going on. Still an irredeemable shitstain murderer but at least he wasn't just murdering people for funsies.

Admittedly I got baited into playing this because of the lesbian tag since I've been pleasantly-surprised by good girl/girl content in male protag games before, and was a little disappointed when there was just the one scene of Serena and Daiana, but it's not really an issue. Hopefully we get more girl/girl stuff in the future though, even if it's minimal, but a scene of peeping on Candy and Torr together just seems like an obvious winner.
I'm also hoping for more femdom content, the slight mommy-dom feel to the scene with Serena in the bath was fantastic and something like that with Seira would be great as well. (If Misty got a femdom scene I'd probably ascend to heaven...)

• Sad
  • Red Heart
Reactions: EJW and Flynn974

zh

Oct 17, 2017
Hi!
Just a short comment to say that... I tried this game and I love it :love:
The plot, the women... everything is perfect (although I'm not into spider-girls AT ALL as I have arachnophobia but... maybe this game will heal that :ROFLMAO: )

4.70 star(s) 133 Votes