Mr_Sel

Mar 16, 2018
Any chance for the Steam release? The game is getting quite big and proper downloader might really help here.

Not to mention that it's awesome and I'm perfectly fine paying for it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Flynn974

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Any chance for the Steam release? The game is getting quite big and proper downloader might really help here.

Not to mention that it's awesome and I'm perfectly fine paying for it.
Thank you! :)
But yeah. Like bjhbjh1234 said, it's impossible...

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Thank you! :)
But yeah. Like bjhbjh1234 said, it's impossible...
It is impossible as of right now but it is NOT totally impossible, it is possible one fine day ( maybe a year or two down the road ). All you have to do is replace all the existings renders and animations with assets that you own the rights for, either by purchasing or making them from scratch using tools like Blender, Daz3D and/or others like it. The musics and sounds are already copyright free, so there are no issues with them. I don't believe there is a copyright issue with the plot or story-wise.

There is another approach, not the best, is that you just sold the right for this story or license it to a third party who then made a game that can be published on Steam. The downsides are, you lost all creative controls over the work of that said third party and you also need to hire an IP-based laywer to come up with a contract with the said third party ( among other things ).

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
It is impossible as of right now but it is NOT totally impossible, it is possible one fine day ( maybe a year or two down the road ). All you have to do is replace all the existings renders and animations with assets that you own the rights for, either by purchasing or making them from scratch using tools like Blender, Daz3D and/or others like it. The musics and sounds are already copyright free, so there are no issues with them. I don't believe there is a copyright issue with the plot or story-wise.

There is another approach, not the best, is that you just sold the right for this story or license it to a third party who then made a game that can be published on Steam. The downsides are, you lost all creative controls over the work of that said third party and you also need to hire an IP-based laywer to come up with a contract with the said third party ( among other things ).
Technically, you're right, of course. But both options aren't something I see myself doing to be honest with you.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Technically, you're right, of course. But both options aren't something I see myself doing to be honest with you.
Cool. Are you saying that you have no plan or intention to publish Stray Incubus on Steam then? There is nothing wrong about not wanting to publish on Steam or any other marketplace for that matter. I mean no disrespect but just want to be clear on the matter.

Your initial response can be understood that publishing on Steam could be on the table but it cannot be done due to legal hurdles. I mentioned 2 options but they are not the only options or even best options.

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Cool. Are you saying that you have no plan or intention to publish Stray Incubus on Steam then? There is nothing wrong about not wanting to publish on Steam or any other marketplace for that matter. I mean no disrespect but just want to be clear on the matter.

Your initial response can be understood that publishing on Steam could be on the table but it cannot be done due to legal hurdles. I mentioned 2 options but they are not the only options or even best options.
I mean... If I could release the game as is on steam, then great. But redoing the whole game in another studio is something that I'll probably find mundane and uninteresting. So, unless there was a huge catch and lots of free time on hand, it's very unlikely.

Raoddik

Oct 11, 2021
Hmm, can't wait till we totally tame Fransisca, guess bitchy redhead milfs that are secretly masochists is kind of my thing, that's why I liked so much blackmail route Monica from Photo Hunt I guess. :p (note to myself, need to find more games with that type of characters)

Also, I'm looking forward to the second part of the update, really curious if I understand what is happening correctly or I'm totally wrong. :)

• Red Heart

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I mean... If I could release the game as is on steam, then great. But redoing the whole game in another studio is something that I'll probably find mundane and uninteresting. So, unless there was a huge catch and lots of free time on hand, it's very unlikely.
Rarely any games can be publish on Steam or any other marketplace as it is ( without making adjustments ). Most of the times, it was planned ahead of time i.e. before or during initial development stage of the game. Considering Stray Incubus starts out as a hobby, then the best course of action IMO is to stay that way.

You can keep that in mind and perhaps plan ahead for future projects though. At the very least, figure out what are the allowable templates for a game to be publishable on a marketplace. Or just stay away from any marketplace altogether. What I am trying to say is that the 'plan' to publish on a marketplace IMO should not be an afterthought but rather active undertakings from the start.

I do agree with you that the returns of investment remaking Stray Incubus is not worth the effort.

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Rarely any games can be publish on Steam or any other marketplace as it is ( without making adjustments ). Most of the times, it was planned ahead of time i.e. before or during initial development stage of the game. Considering Stray Incubus starts out as a hobby, then the best course of action IMO is to stay that way.

You can keep that in mind and perhaps plan ahead for future projects though. At the very least, figure out what are the allowable templates for a game to be publishable on a marketplace. Or just stay away from any marketplace altogether. What I am trying to say is that the 'plan' to publish on a marketplace IMO should not be an afterthought but rather active undertakings from the start.

I do agree with you that the returns of investment remaking Stray Incubus is not worth the effort.
Hmmm... Let's see how it goes down the line. Maybe one day, the project will grow to be something I could do full time and invest in. I honestly have so many things going on right now. Master's, work, planning to do sth and perhaps move somewhere else in the next few months. Having lots to do isn't a bad thing, and I think this game keeps my creative and fun side alive during those times of having to take everything else super seriously. So, no matter how things turn out with this project, I'd say I got plenty out of it already.

ChaosGhost

Apr 22, 2019
i really hope this good game will not be abandoned like other good prospects would be a shame
some constructive critique - please add a scene replay/gallery maybe with hints for scenes not unlocked yet
as a harem game player i dont like it when i have to choose between girls/or the outcome of the scene when the motto is collect them all...
i really hope we get soon a ingame walktrough mod to have a pdf open all the time is a bit bäääh
i hope at some point pregnancy will a thema he have to repopulate his species
will there be lasting trouble for fighting athena and killing the fury who was a human girl (maybe a path when u obey athena where u can rescue the fury girl for the harem maybe)
dont konw if greek gods work good with ninjas ... but who cares as long the harem grows maybe add some of the godesses
i hope we can get jennifer befor she have to marry that clown,when we are at it hope we can get rid of him with the johan guy they seem to do shady stuff...

just my 50 cents so far

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
i really hope this good game will not be abandoned like other good prospects would be a shame
some constructive critique - please add a scene replay/gallery maybe with hints for scenes not unlocked yet
as a harem game player i dont like it when i have to choose between girls/or the outcome of the scene when the motto is collect them all...
i really hope we get soon a ingame walktrough mod to have a pdf open all the time is a bit bäääh
i hope at some point pregnancy will a thema he have to repopulate his species
will there be lasting trouble for fighting athena and killing the fury who was a human girl (maybe a path when u obey athena where u can rescue the fury girl for the harem maybe)
dont konw if greek gods work good with ninjas ... but who cares as long the harem grows maybe add some of the godesses
i hope we can get jennifer befor she have to marry that clown,when we are at it hope we can get rid of him with the johan guy they seem to do shady stuff...

just my 50 cents so far
The game already has a Replay Scenes Gallery, that player can access by clicking on the cell-looking icon top right of the screen, and then click the Gallery button top middle of the screen. For sure it can be improved but not a top priority at the moment.

You want to collect all the girls, which is good but there are other players who want to choose because they have their own preferences. There are players who wants to kill the girl also but that won't happen. It really is impossible for Flynn974 to make a game that can satisfy different, contradicting choices out-of-the-box. Instead, he chosed to make a game that does not forced the LIs, kinks and/or lewds on the players i.e. players choose what happen and what not.

There is really no need for a walkthrough to play this game especially if you want to collect all the girls. If someone wants to do it, then please go ahaed. The developer will not waste time adding an in-game walkthrough when there are other better and productive things to do.

More will be revealed as the story progress. Pregnancy is most likely end-game content. As far as we know, there are 16 LIs in total ( complete ).

4.70 star(s) 133 Votes