zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
Peeks make me hopeful that some more training is happening. One of my worries is that the MC is getting really powerful way too fast and leaving all these girls in the dust. He's pretty much the chosen one. Last of his kind, heroic attitude, has incredible judgement skills under pressure and his super saiyajin mode too. Torr, Candy and co. need some type of hyperbolic time chamber training to not become irrelevant.

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Peeks make me hopeful that some more training is happening. One of my worries is that the MC is getting really powerful way too fast and leaving all these girls in the dust. He's pretty much the chosen one. Last of his kind, heroic attitude, has incredible judgement skills under pressure and his super saiyajin mode too. Torr, Candy and co. need some type of hyperbolic time chamber training to not become irrelevant.
Naturally, I agree with you. I would've loved to make it so that the MC gets more powerful way slower than he is right now... But I'm also looking at 2+ months of development time for each chapter, not to mention that single arcs (like the butcher's) are getting split into even more that one chapter, taking 4+ months to finish, when I initially would've thought it'd take only 2 or so.
I want to finish the story some time in the next 2-3 years and with the pace I had in mind initially, that just aint happening in the next 7 years... XD. So, I have to rush things ever so slightly. It's kinda bad planning on my part, but I really had no idea what I was getting myself into at the start of this whole thing XD.
Of course, more training IS going to be in the game, but also more missions like those

zeph19

Jul 6, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I get that it's tough, lol. Even if you plan well there're always things you're missing or things you're adding that change everything, so don't be too harsh with yourself.

I think that if the MC is getting powerful fast, it's totally fine, especially when you explain that he has to get to a certain point at a certain speed unless you want to spend you whole life on this game. With the missions becoming more dangerous, Torr and Candy just need some reason to be able to accompany him on those. Good thing for you is that you created a world in which basically anything can happen, so I'm not all THAT worried. Torr has her dryad/nature mode, Yumi is Anabelle's sister so she might help and Candy.. well, she might find an item, gain a god's blessing or.. who knows? Maybe she's just super smart.

I'm just looking forward to finding it all out!

• Love
Reactions: Flynn974

Kramsz

Aug 30, 2018
I think the story completely justifies the MC getting strong fast. He's been pretty strong with a good battle sense since the beginning, he himself just didn't fully realize it because he had no one except Seira to compare to. Given his potential pedigree, the fact that he trained with Seira, his powers and the ninja training that helps him learn to use it all it would make less sense if he was progressing slowly imo.
I don't think it's necessarily required that Candy and Torr grow at the same rate. We've already seen multiple missions with mixed ranks and different ninjas assigned support or combat roles. Sure they need to get stronger so they don't die but I think there will always be a place for them in the story regardless. I'm sure Torr will get a power jump at some point with her abilities and Candy seems like she's capable of steady progression. Can't let Torr get too strong though or else we won't be able to laugh at her smugness ;). On that note I look forward to giving her a proper "instant loss" moment once the relationship has progressed that far.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Naturally, I agree with you. I would've loved to make it so that the MC gets more powerful way slower than he is right now... But I'm also looking at 2+ months of development time for each chapter, not to mention that single arcs (like the butcher's) are getting split into even more that one chapter, taking 4+ months to finish, when I initially would've thought it'd take only 2 or so.
I want to finish the story some time in the next 2-3 years and with the pace I had in mind initially, that just aint happening in the next 7 years... XD. So, I have to rush things ever so slightly. It's kinda bad planning on my part, but I really had no idea what I was getting myself into at the start of this whole thing XD.
Of course, more training IS going to be in the game, but also more missions like those
7+ years?o_O:oops: You migh as well just move to Japan, apply to be a mangaka and pitch this game/story to Shonen Jump:D ( not in that specific order ). Practically most successful mangas run for very long extended period of over 5 years, even decades. Not sure Shone does hentai though:unsure:, but even without the lewds, the story itself is already great. Shonen already owns Naruto so they should be fine with all the ninja bits in Stray Incubus. The biggest problem is language barrier I think:unsure:.

On a more serious note, there are at most 2 episode left before Stray Incubus first anniversary, for a total of 10 episodes/chapters for the first year. Taking the maximum development cycles of 2 months and maximum run of 3 years, theoritically there will be a total of 22 episode/chapters;) ( if all is well according to plan ). So, clearly there is a need for time skips so that the Zycris and the gang becomes stronger off-screen, otherwise at current pace Zycris can only reach 2 belts above Purple;). Well, actually it doesn't even matter what his belt color is, how much mastery he has over the hidden powers/abilities within him. I think stuffs like creating and maintaining multiple clones without fatigue, floating meditation, and magic focus training among other things, can be done off-screen. These capabiities that were shown by other higher level ninjas ( Stephanie, Anabelle, Hailey, Venus ). Although players will miss out the relationship building and interactions during the training sessions, adding elaborated, full training scenes will further stretch and delay the main story IMO. But yeah, it's a catch 22, the training scenes will be great for some bonding time but at a cost.

Regarding Torr and Candy, yeah it does not make sense to make them as strong as Zycris or even progress at the same rate. It is better that everyone grow at their own healthy pace IMO and Zycris will just do it faster. It is fine for him because he will join other high ranking ninjas for more dangerous missions. It will not always be the same trio ( Zycris Torr Candy ) for every missions, hence IMO why Torr and Candy arc is very early and quite elaborated because there is possibility that they will be less prominent but not completely background characters in many future missions especially.

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
7+ years?o_O:oops: You migh as well just move to Japan, apply to be a mangaka and pitch this game/story to Shonen Jump:D ( not in that specific order ). Practically most successful mangas run for very long extended period of over 5 years, even decades. Not sure Shone does hentai though:unsure:, but even without the lewds, the story itself is already great. Shonen already owns Naruto so they should be fine with all the ninja bits in Stray Incubus. The biggest problem is language barrier I think:unsure:.

On a more serious note, there are at most 2 episode left before Stray Incubus first anniversary, for a total of 10 episodes/chapters for the first year. Taking the maximum development cycles of 2 months and maximum run of 3 years, theoritically there will be a total of 22 episode/chapters;) ( if all is well according to plan ). So, clearly there is a need for time skips so that the Zycris and the gang becomes stronger off-screen, otherwise at current pace Zycris can only reach 2 belts above Purple;). Well, actually it doesn't even matter what his belt color is, how much mastery he has over the hidden powers/abilities within him. I think stuffs like creating and maintaining multiple clones without fatigue, floating meditation, and magic focus training among other things, can be done off-screen. These capabiities that were shown by other higher level ninjas ( Stephanie, Anabelle, Hailey, Venus ). Although players will miss out the relationship building and interactions during the training sessions, adding elaborated, full training scenes will further stretch and delay the main story IMO. But yeah, it's a catch 22, the training scenes will be great for some bonding time but at a cost.

Regarding Torr and Candy, yeah it does not make sense to make them as strong as Zycris or even progress at the same rate. It is better that everyone grow at their own healthy pace IMO and Zycris will just do it faster. It is fine for him because he will join other high ranking ninjas for more dangerous missions. It will not always be the same trio ( Zycris Torr Candy ) for every missions, hence IMO why Torr and Candy arc is very early and quite elaborated because there is possibility that they will be less prominent but not completely background characters in many future missions especially.
Well, Torr and Candy will never actually be bg characters. They're important for the plot ofc. Now I'm thinking the whole things is gonna be 2-2.5 seasons long (3 at most). Season 1 is looking like it's gonna be around 12 chapters. So a total of 22 as you calculated isn't far off, maybe it'd be closer to 25-30 tho. Of course, the second I move out, which should be sometime in the next 4-7 months, I have no idea how my daily schedule will look like, so whether I'll get slower or faster is really hard to say rn...

Dwarin

Jul 3, 2018
I could see Torr keeping pace, if she ever trained and played to her canon strengths of being great at fire magic and the tree stuff - which we only see that once but it saved the MC when she did it so she seems to have potential.

Not sure what Candy is good at, but if they both had niches that didn't overlap with the MC (not being trained since youth in swordsmanship, so finding something else that they could use to move up the belts) it'd make more sense.

Also be interesting if later on we see more young recruits follow them as new white belts aside from the two girls the MC can bring back so far.

That said, hadn't played this game at all until this most recent update, somehow I never noticed it before, but I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to future updates now.

The one suggestion I have, and maybe its in the game and I just somehow missed it while bingeing the entire thing this weekend, is some sort of stats page for the main character. We have one for the girls but a page with a short summary of the story so far and his decisions at the key points - so we can look at it and remember what we chose on that play through - as well as maybe stats on his conquests - how many girls did he creampie, give facials to, etc.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Flynn974

PhantomRem

May 18, 2023
Love your game Flynn,already caught up to latest chapter,the mc and the girls are great,love his personality.hell when i started i thought it would just be another boring harem story with decent scenes,but it blew my mind,definately in my top 20 favourite VN games, could go up into my top 10 list in the future if it gets even better.
EDIT:Nevermind for whatever reason the site wouldnt let me download the latest walkthrough guide,It works now tho,Anyways have a good day!

Last edited:

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Love your game Flynn,already caught up to latest chapter,the mc and the girls are great,love his personality.hell when i started i thought it would just be another boring harem story with decent scenes,but it blew my mind,definately in my top 20 favourite VN games, could go up into my top 10 list in the future if it gets even better.
EDIT:Nevermind for whatever reason the site wouldnt let me download the latest walkthrough guide,It works now tho,Anyways have a good day!
Thank you! :love:

Sting Snake

Aug 17, 2020
Good evening Flynn.
In part 8, the word 'monitour' was encountered. And I did not understand the general expression when there was a scene with Tresha and Seira. Could you explain this. The fact is that I translate the game into another language.

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Good evening Flynn.
In part 8, the word 'monitour' was encountered. And I did not understand the general expression when there was a scene with Tresha and Seira. Could you explain this. The fact is that I translate the game into another language.
Hi!
Ohhh my bad, that's a typo...
I meant a minotaur...
1684778400129.png
Those things...

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Thank you! :love:
Since you are planning on pregnancy in the near future,will there be pregancy for all the girls? or just a select few because from my playthrough there are already hints at a few girls saying they might get pregnant but none of them are in the main love cast.
Good chance, yes. Not 100% sure, tho, since writing the whole thing isn't finished.

2.Will the main character Zycris ever reach Black Belt in the story,it took around 7 chapters just for him to reach purple so im wondering will the story finish before he reaches that point?
Well, I can't tell you, can I? That's a spoiler XD

4.70 star(s) 132 Votes