chasen1213

Feb 26, 2020
View attachment 2495016

Overview:
In a conflict between the races, a group of brave warriors supported by the gods purge a dark race of demons from existence. But due to the mercy of one warrior, one demon child is spared as she decides not only to spare him, but also to take him with her and raise him. A few years later, the incubus grows into an adult and wishes to set off in an adventure.​

Thread Updated: 2023-04-22
Release Date: 2023-04-22
Developer: Flynn974
Censored: No
Version: 0.8a
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

FAQ:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - PIXELDRAIN - MEGA
Mac: - - PIXELDRAIN - MEGA
Others:
COMPRESSED* - ANDROID* - * (not official)

Extra: Walkthrough - Turkish Translation* - Spanish Translation* - Fan Sig - Fan Sig2 - Fan Sig3
* (not official)

*This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 2025377 View attachment 2025381 View attachment 2025387 View attachment 2076358 View attachment 2072503 View attachment 2072504 View attachment 2076346 View attachment 2076347 View attachment 2076356 View attachment 2119449 View attachment 2119470 View attachment 2214062 View attachment 2196162 View attachment 2196166 View attachment 2197169 View attachment 2197173 View attachment 2208550 View attachment 2310631 View attachment 2310634 View attachment 2310633 View attachment 2453464 View attachment 2453465 View attachment 2453466 View attachment 2453467 View attachment 2453468 View attachment 2564482 View attachment 2564483 View attachment 2564487 View attachment 2564485 View attachment 2564488
can't join the dicord for some reason.

Sting Snake

Aug 17, 2020
Greetings
Flynn974

I follow your game with great interest. Now I'm on chapter 3. I have a question. When the main character meets Seira in the village, I click on hug her, but the hug picture (v3229) does not appear on the screen. The same situation happened with the picture v3481. Can you tell me why it happens to me, the pictures are skipped. This is my mistake or a mistake in the game.

Flynn974

Developer of Stray Incubus
Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Greetings
Flynn974

I follow your game with great interest. Now I'm on chapter 3. I have a question. When the main character meets Seira in the village, I click on hug her, but the hug picture (v3229) does not appear on the screen. The same situation happened with the picture v3481. Can you tell me why it happens to me, the pictures are skipped. This is my mistake or a mistake in the game.
Hey!
I'll check it out. I edited the script at that bit recently, so maybe I messed it up somehow.

Zenovar

Mar 18, 2023
Enjoyed the story a lot, great stuff.

I'm sure there was more minor stuff, but the 4 things I'd say could be improved would be:
  1. The images between every scene change started to become a bother very early on. I have trouble recalling specifics atm. but I think that was toned down in the last chapter? Which was very welcome.

2. When there's a cutscene type thing where it's auto displaying images (i.e. without the player clicking) it really got in the way often for 2 reasons. The first reason would be if I want it to go a little faster. I can't click ahead, because it will skip all images in the sequence, not go to the next image. I know this can be changed, having taken that into account myself in some stuff I made. The second thing is not being able to look at some of the more interesting images because it moves on automatically. Rolling back and waiting for the image sequence several times in order to get a good look isn't great.

3. Last but not least, the detective-type stuff. It happened every time there was a mystery. I'd figure out the solution due to the hints, but the MC wouldn't. It's probably what bothered me the most. When you sit there with the solution, but the character you're playing as goes on for the next 30-60min. clueless when it comes to the solution. This can be avoided by keeping the hints to something where the player can't be certain of the correct answer, or having the MC realise it the moment the player would have all the pieces needed to solve the mystery.
    For example: I immediately noticed Venus was off. I didn't know exactly what was up, and that's perfect. If the MC then also would've noticed she's off, or at least acknowledged it and kept it in mind, that'd be even better. However, the moment "possession" was mentioned, it was obvious from how Venus had been acting weird. It was a long read after that to watch MC not realise foreeeever lol.

4. Why with the jumpscares, bro. I can really enjoy a creepy atmosphere—I enjoy that type of horror. But I despise jumpscares. After the first one nearly took out my heart, from then on every time there was anything remotely creepy, I couldn't enjoy the atmosphere because I was just sitting there waiting for the next jumpscare. I think that's unfortunate.
But all in all, I really enjoyed it. For once having a game where the plot actually did move forward was nice. Kudos on the SFX in the newest stuff, things like rain really helps with atmosphere.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Flynn974

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
When there's a cutscene type thing where it's auto displaying images (i.e. without the player clicking) it really got in the way often for 2 reasons. The first reason would be if I want it to go a little faster. I can't click ahead, because it will skip all images in the sequence, not go to the next image. I know this can be changed, having taken that into account myself in some stuff I made. The second thing is not being able to look at some of the more interesting images because it moves on automatically. Rolling back and waiting for the image sequence several times in order to get a good look isn't great.
Oh, I fixed this bit in the last two updates using hard pauses (which disallow the player to skip by clicking).
Why with the jumpscares, bro.
I like 'em.
3.png
Last but not least, the detective-type stuff. It happened every time there was a mystery. I'd figure out the solution due to the hints, but the MC wouldn't. It's probably what bothered me the most. When you sit there with the solution, but the character you're playing as goes on for the next 30-60min. clueless when it comes to the solution. This can be avoided by keeping the hints to something where the player can't be certain of the correct answer, or having the MC realise it the moment the player would have all the pieces needed to solve the mystery.
For example: I immediately noticed Venus was off. I didn't know exactly what was up, and that's perfect. If the MC then also would've noticed she's off, or at least acknowledged it and kept it in mind, that'd be even better. However, the moment "possession" was mentioned, it was obvious from how Venus had been acting weird. It was a long read after that to watch MC not realise foreeeever lol.
I'm pretty sure not everyone realised Venus was possessed. Some, like yourself probably have seen enough mystery movies/TV to be able to tell how these plots tend to go. I myself am able to tell what's about to happen in plots of movies/shows/games. Which only makes it more enjoyable for me when I'm proven right. Like I have to "I told you so" feeling. Even more so if someone is watching it with me and I tell predict it to show off in front of them XD. I imagine that's mostly not gonna be available in my game tho. But foreshadowing is critical no matter how you look at it. Or do you think I should make it less obvious? Or is it that you think the player should have a choice to figure it out early on?

• Hey there
Reactions: wiseold6996

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
I'm pretty sure not everyone realised Venus was possessed. Some, like yourself probably have seen enough mystery movies/TV to be able to tell how these plots tend to go. I myself am able to tell what's about to happen in plots of movies/shows/games. Which only makes it more enjoyable for me when I'm proven right. Like I have to "I told you so" feeling. Even more so if someone is watching it with me and I tell predict it to show off in front of them XD. I imagine that's mostly not gonna be available in my game tho. But foreshadowing is critical no matter how you look at it. Or do you think I should make it less obvious? Or is it that you think the player should have a choice to figure it out early on?
I think the pace was fine imo, it didn't take that long for MC to discover who it was, there are games/series that really drag it on.

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
I think the pace was fine imo, it didn't take that long for MC to discover who it was, there are games/series that really drag it on.
I honestly usually try to make the reveal more or less as soon as the player has enough clues to figure it out. The foreshadowing with the Butcher of Esyl was a bit less obvious and spottable. Many didn't spot a single clue aside from Erwin being at the brothel (there were actually others) and even thought it was Misty. Which was one of the reasons why I made Venus's more obvious.
It's not 100% confirmed yet, but I'm probably going for a slightly different approach in the next chapter which will let the player notice the stuff that's off very early on and have a different outcome accordingly. But it'll make making the chapter difficult af tho XD. But I think it's worth it.

Reactions: Overlord070

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
I honestly usually try to make the reveal more or less as soon as the player has enough clues to figure it out. The foreshadowing with the Butcher of Esyl was a bit less obvious and spottable. Many didn't spot a single clue aside from Erwin being at the brothel (there were actually others) and even thought it was Misty. Which was one of the reasons why I made Venus's more obvious.
It's not 100% confirmed yet, but I'm probably going for a slightly different approach in the next chapter which will let the player notice the stuff that's off very early on and have a different outcome accordingly. But it'll make making the chapter difficult af tho XD. But I think it's worth it.
I think the butcher one was a great "Aha! I knew it" moment but yeah none were dragged on imo.
Can't wait for the next update now that you've said that but don't burn yourself out if it's too difficult to do!

• Red Heart

Crimson Elite

Feb 20, 2022
Will characters such as Helena, Tresha and Clair etc be added to the Love interest list? (Gotta marry em all*pokemon*) Also not gonna lie I really dig the story aspect of this game. I see impregnation is planned but will marriage also be planned? Who wants to be a dead beat dad amiright?

• Red Heart

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
Will characters such as Helena, Tresha and Clair etc be added to the Love interest list? (Gotta marry em all*pokemon*) Also not gonna lie I really dig the story aspect of this game. I see impregnation is planned but will marriage also be planned? Who wants to be a dead beat dad amiright?
Secondary characters (not found in the two pages of the stats menu) will remain secondary. But you will see some of them often enough and have "fun" with them. Marriage will be brought up a few times (if things go according to plan). But I don't think the harem plan will focus much on it if at all.

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
is there good/bad decision with killing/sparing specter girl or it's just fluff for player's rp? i mean with a fury killing her was definitely a good decision all around, but here it's rather unclear and Axius reaction only adds confusion

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
is there good/bad decision with killing/sparing specter girl or it's just fluff for player's rp? i mean with a fury killing her was definitely a good decision all around, but here it's rather unclear and Axius reaction only adds confusion
Many argued that the choice with the fury was a bit too difficult to make and a dilemma if you will. So I tried to make this choice easier to make. Pick which you'd prefer to do. That's the way I wanted the game to be experienced. Each will lead to a somewhat different path, if things go according to plan. But I wouldn't call either really "bad" or "good".

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I gotta be honest, I killed the spirit girl (played both scenes and kept the killing one), but I felt the whole situation with her was kinda annoying and hypocritical. Like, knowing her backstory, it would have been incredibly easy for our roles to be reversed.

We're both monstrous races, both "naturally" inclined towards mass destruction. Both lost our parents. Had we grown up alone as apposed to being raised by our adoptive mom, we could have been the one terrorizing villages and having a ninja squad sent to deal with us.

I can't remember how many people the girl actually killed other than the healer, but I'd have liked the option to redeem her. Let us play host to her if need be, we can obviously fight her if needs be so it's not like we'd be at risk of becoming her puppet.

Flynn974

Game Developer
Jun 11, 2022
but I'd have liked the option to redeem her. Let us play host to her if need be, we can obviously fight her if needs be so it's not like we'd be at risk of becoming her puppet.
What made the specter dangerous wasn't her raw strength. If the MC could defeat her with little to no trouble, others like Seira would do it in a few seconds. But the issue was she was able to inflect a sickness and possess the weakened sick people. Seira was actually already sick, a fever-ridden Seira could've been possessed by her and then she'd be almost unstoppable. Even more so if the MC himself gets sick. Sick MC vs possessed Seira would never end well. Or she could simply possess the MC himself after he gets the sickness.

Reactions: hysepReC

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
What made the specter dangerous wasn't her raw strength. If the MC could defeat her with little to no trouble, others like Seira would do it in a few seconds. But the issue was she was able to inflect a sickness and possess the weakened sick people. Seira was actually already sick, a fever-ridden Seira could've been possessed by her and then she'd be almost unstoppable. Even more so if the MC himself gets sick. Sick MC vs possessed Seira would never end well. Or she could simply possess the MC himself after he gets the sickness.
Ok, but is that something she can control or is it something that happens whether she want's it to or not? Like our seduction magic?

Like, I get what you're saying, I do. And that risk of her doing what she did already is why I killed her, and it seemed the nicer choice than having her live in fear of us running into her again, especially when our job can take us anywhere and that means it's far more likely we see her again than the average person would.

Regardless, I don't like how she was irredeemable, especially when the two succubus girls are love interests in the harem tracker. So that obviously means that they can be redeemed and brought over to the good side eventually, that or we go full dark side and bring the rest of the harem with us, which I can't see happening.

4.70 star(s) 132 Votes