Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Slightly off the direct topic, but I'm highly amused by the lady in screenshot #6 reading a book that's upside-down. I have no idea who she is, but I already take her much less seriously.
This is mistake of me being awake and working on this shit for 15 hours straight. :KEK:

Thank you for pointing it out though, I'll get it sorted.

Illuminati00

Oct 27, 2022
Finally played through it and I am really impressed. The renders were beautiful, the story was impressive and the characters were unique and well done. I'm looking forward to following the progress of this game for I really see a unique story taking place. The only thing I can think to complain about is the model of the main character. He looks small and skinny with almost gray hair together with a short mustache beard combination, it does not really feel like the mortal body of some ancient evil reborn. His design feels a bit lacking compared to the stunning and impressive models of his servants. Nothing I find worthy of complaining about much, just writing my initial thoughts after playing it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Finally played through it and I am really impressed. The renders were beautiful, the story was impressive and the characters were unique and well done. I'm looking forward to following the progress of this game for I really see a unique story taking place. The only thing I can think to complain about is the model of the main character. He looks small and skinny with almost gray hair together with a short mustache beard combination, it does not really feel like the mortal body of some ancient evil reborn. His design feels a bit lacking compared to the stunning and impressive models of his servants. Nothing I find worthy of complaining about much, just writing my initial thoughts after playing it.
Thank you! Glad you found it to your liking, and thank you for the feedback!

I see, truth be told I did work on him for quite a bit. But perhaps there is always room for improvements, I will see what I can do.

Though a very important note is that... he is not supposed to look "evil incarnate" -- but like an ordinary mortal man. Also a little spoiler as he is fully capable of shape-shifting, it is not much of an issue as you will not look at same form constantly.

That being said, I will go and see what I can do to improve him. I am already working on update as I write this so.. your comment arrived at good time.

Illuminati00

Oct 27, 2022
Thank you! Glad you found it to your liking, and thank you for the feedback!

I see, truth be told I did work on him for quite a bit. But perhaps there is always room for improvements, I will see what I can do.

Though a very important note is that... he is not supposed to look "evil incarnate" -- but like an ordinary mortal man. Also a little spoiler as he is fully capable of shape-shifting, it is not much of an issue as you will not look at same form constantly.

That being said, I will go and see what I can do to improve him. I am already working on update as I write this so.. your comment arrived at good time.
Thank you for bothering to reply so civilly, heavens know that many people are not capable of taking criticism, especially on something they have worked a lot on. What you said is very reassuring. I remember seeing the demon models of the servants and wondering what the lord would look like only for him to look like someone named Jason. The model is not a bad model, and it definitely suits his quite helpless situation, but to know that he will be able to change does help, I did have a hard time seeing that model sitting upon some demonic throne.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DrFree and Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Thank you for bothering to reply so civilly, heavens know that many people are not capable of taking criticism, especially on something they have worked a lot on. What you said is very reassuring. I remember seeing the demon models of the servants and wondering what the lord would look like only for him to look like someone named Jason. The model is not a bad model, and it definitely suits his quite helpless situation, but to know that he will be able to change does help, I did have a hard time seeing that model sitting upon some demonic throne.
Heh, I know what you mean. Don't worry about it, I never had anything against constructive and civil criticism. If there is something I can improve then I will do so if I am told, or at least try my best to do so.

And yes, honestly that is the whole point behind it as you've said so yourself. "Helpless situation" is all at the moment. But yes, once again (spoiler): he has 2-3 or 4 forms that I can count. And you're right that model wouldn't be looking proper to sit on demonic throne of some form, and it does not. It is more of a... very... menacing armored looking giant figure if anything else!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Illuminati00

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Mystic So, is it safe to say that this game here is a pure evil MC simulator or are there going to be (morally) good choices sprinkled around there?

I'm not too fond on playing as an evil dude nowadays (I'm getting too old)

• Thinking Face

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Mystic So, is it safe to say that this game here is a pure evil MC simulator or are there going to be (morally) good choices sprinkled around there?

I'm not too fond on playing as an evil dude nowadays (I'm getting too old)
Hmm... I'll put this into spoilers.

I would not deem this main character as PURE EVIL, that is very specific and firm term that I would not apply on him or brand him as such. Chaotic perhaps, yes. Evil? Yes... pure evil? No. With how his background functions, he wasn't always evil per se, rather he was corrupted into being as he is now. And whilst there are indeed plenty of opportunities for chaos and mayhem, death and destruction. You are not per se FORCED on this.

I will give the example from intro, when where you are faced with a choice and consequence of your deeds. It is still up to you will you murder them ( then face some more consequences later ), or will you just shove em out of your way and be on your way.

Yes, there are some evil actions that have to be performed for sake of plot. But I am doing my best to sprinkle some mercy in there, or rather I am giving YOU as a player opportunity to show some mercy.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Hmm... I'll put this into spoilers.

I would not deem this main character as PURE EVIL, that is very specific and firm term that I would not apply on him or brand him as such. Chaotic perhaps, yes. Evil? Yes... pure evil? No. With how his background functions, he wasn't always evil per se, rather he was corrupted into being as he is now. And whilst there are indeed plenty of opportunities for chaos and mayhem, death and destruction. You are not per se FORCED on this.

I will give the example from intro, when where you are faced with a choice and consequence of your deeds. It is still up to you will you murder them ( then face some more consequences later ), or will you just shove em out of your way and be on your way.

Yes, there are some evil actions that have to be performed for sake of plot. But I am doing my best to sprinkle some mercy in there, or rather I am giving YOU as a player opportunity to show some mercy.
Cool

I don't like being forced in to being an "asshole", I prefer to be given the option of being an "asshole"(and maybe take it)

• Red Heart

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Cool

I don't like being forced in to being an "asshole", I prefer to be given the option of being an "asshole"(and maybe take it)
Well you're at the right place then. Plenty of choices here that you can take to be a giant asshole for that matter. Even little things just to piss people off. Such as respones and dialogues towards others. Or you can just be nice, as nice as you can at least.

Reactions: TheFurs and DrFree

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
So based on the screenshots this appears to be a Witcher themed VN with the Ciri, Triss, and Yennefer lookalike models. I think they look good here and I'm curious to see if MC is maybe Geralt lookalike?

• Haha

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
So based on the screenshots this appears to be a Witcher themed VN with the Ciri, Triss, and Yennefer lookalike models. I think they look good here and I'm curious to see if MC is maybe Geralt lookalike?
No, afraid he's not. And no, I would say this story and that one are far too aparat to be deemed as witcher themed VN. :KEK:

Unless we're just going to say it for sake of saying, cause there are models present from those games. Though I'd say they're present cause we all fancy them :p

Call it fan service.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
No, afraid he's not. And no, I would say this story and that one are far too aparat to be deemed as witcher themed VN. :KEK:

Unless we're just going to say it for sake of saying, cause there are models present from those games. Though I'd say they're present cause we all fancy them :p

Call it fan service.
You even included Isabella from the Dragon Age series. And I like how we seem to have a choice for MC to be an entitled asshole, or reply and respond like a human. (The way I prefer to play...not as an asshole.)

screenshot0002.png

Also I noticed some of the images used on the main page, are not present in the story...at least at the point when I saw game version ending message. The message happened after MC finished talking to Rose on the ships deck at night. Are some of those images used for the future update, or is there more content to see with this released version (maybe missed something)?

And thanks for sharing your interesting project, ...I'm looking forward seeing more content.

Aug 31, 2019
I don't think I've ever read such an epic description of a game here before, it alone made me want to play this. What I am concerned about are the extremely vanilla tags. How can one play as some ancient evil, killing and dominating everyone he sees without even simple tags like male domination being included?

• Thinking Face

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Played to the ending of the Demo, will hold off on a review until there is more content, but I'm satisfied for now. I don't mind the slow burn, and you nailed the Chaotic alignment in my opinion, not sure if there will ever be any other content with the tavern keeper, but I hate to burn bridges if I don't have to.

I'll be watching this with great interest, and hoping for an exhibitionism tag for later.

• Love
Reactions: DrFree and Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
You even included Isabella from the Dragon Age series. And I like how we seem to have a choice for MC to be an entitled asshole, or reply and respond like a human. (The way I prefer to play...not as an asshole.)

View attachment 2466671

Also I noticed some of the images used on the main page, are not present in the story...at least at the point when I saw game version ending message. The message happened after MC finished talking to Rose on the ships deck at night. Are some of those images used for the future update, or is there more content to see with this released version (maybe missed something)?

And thanks for sharing your interesting project, ...I'm looking forward seeing more content.

Yep, gotta have that one if we got Morrigan. :D

Indeed, some of these were made to be used as wallpapers. And some are taken from things that are ahead of updates you see here, so it is not that they're not part of it.. just that you're not seeing these things yet. Pacing long story short.

And no, you won't miss anything. Keep going till you recieve an animated idle screen of Delmira that notifies you you're finished with current version.

And thank you for feedback! More on the way already.

P.S: He is an entitled asshole even if you control him to not be like that. He still remains one inside :KEK:

Played to the ending of the Demo, will hold off on a review until there is more content, but I'm satisfied for now. I don't mind the slow burn, and you nailed the Chaotic alignment in my opinion, not sure if there will ever be any other content with the tavern keeper, but I hate to burn bridges if I don't have to.

I'll be watching this with great interest, and hoping for an exhibitionism tag for later.

Glad you've enjoyed it so far. An interesting thing, I wonder what is the percentage of people who were "get out of my way!" and those who just went for "I'll damn straight murder you for this!"

As for content regarding the tavern keeper: if you murder her, yeah, you will get appropriate thing regarding this down the line, call it consequence if you will. If you do not... there is still a conesequence, lesser one perhaps however.As for anything beyond that... hard to say at this point.

And thanks, was trying my best to maintain some level of it.

And yeah, slow burns I would take any day over nonsensical scenes without any background or reasons to it.

4.50 star(s) 18 Votes