3.60 star(s) 22 Votes

Rayter

Mar 1, 2019
Sugestions:

1 - It would be nice to have a opition (or setting in the files) to choose the kind of clothes the emploees can use in each job in our club

2 - also, would be great to have a setting in the files to control the chance of NPCs being related to eachother (like family).

lhucio

Jan 7, 2021
is it normal that someone tells you they are in the gym at night when the gym is closed.
Maybe they are the owners :LOL:

seriously speaking, another strange thing that happens to me is that my girlfriends, who are now sex workers in my club, come and offer me sex for money.

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
I don't think it's the owner because it happened with multiple people. also from both genders so I'm assuming they also aren't in a date with the gym owner (who is straight by the way, unless he's still in the closet).

seriously speaking, another strange thing that happens to me is that my girlfriends, who are now sex workers in my club, come and offer me sex for money.
yes I seen that. I do some programming myself, and I feel this requires some effort to fix. although if this was in real life, it could be some form of foreplay.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
One of the main problems with this game (and most games with a set of predefined images) is the mismatch between the characteristics of the characters in the images and in the data.
For example you will have a very fat and ugly girl who will end up with data corresponding to a stripper or conversely a very short and anorexic girl who will have a strength of 80 and a health of 70... Examples are multiple.

To resolve this problem there are several solutions:

1/ Add for each set of images a text file containing the basic physical characteristics of the potential profiles. For example, great strength and endurance will allow a handler or guard profile... This is for example the path used in Whoremaster and other games.

2/ Allow the manipulation of the physical characteristics of the characters, either by realistic methods (training, surgery, etc.) or by supernatural methods (potions, implants, etc.). This is for example the solution used by Lab Rats 2 and many other games.

Obviously the two solutions can be mixed but the ideal is for this problem to be taken into account in the preliminary analysis for development, when there is one.

Note that solution 1 requires more work from the graphic designers (creation of a text file corresponding to the images) and less from the developer (reading the file).

Solution 2 is the most efficient and open for the player (choice of a set of images and manipulation of data to correspond to a profession) but much more work for the developer (UI and methods).

My 2 Euros :p

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
One of the main problems with this game (and most games with a set of predefined images) is the mismatch between the characteristics of the characters in the images and in the data.
For example you will have a very fat and ugly girl who will end up with data corresponding to a stripper or conversely a very short and anorexic girl who will have a strength of 80 and a health of 70... Examples are multiple.

1/ Add for each set of images a text file containing the basic physical characteristics of the potential profiles. For example, great strength and endurance will allow a handler or guard profile... This is for example the path used in Whoremaster and other games.

2/ Allow the manipulation of the physical characteristics of the characters, either by realistic methods (training, surgery, etc.) or by supernatural methods (potions, implants, etc.). This is for example the solution used by Lab Rats 2 and many other games.

Obviously the two solutions can be mixed but the ideal is for this problem to be taken into account in the preliminary analysis for development, when there is one.

Note that solution 1 requires more work from the graphic designers (creation of a text file corresponding to the images) and less from the developer (reading the file).

Solution 2 is the most efficient and open for the player (choice of a set of images and manipulation of data to correspond to a profession) but much more work for the developer (UI and methods).

There is a third solution: Reduce the optical part to the Face only, use a monochrome, SVG based crop of a body, change form of that crop according to the values of a given person. Add a tad imagination. Problem solved.

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
Re image packs. I'm using only the Mega pack. Do I need the others? I haven't seen those names appear in-game, so it's puzzling. Are they created by the same artist?

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
There is a third solution: Reduce the optical part to the Face only, use a monochrome, SVG based crop of a body, change form of that crop according to the values of a given person. Add a tad imagination. Problem solved.
Was only speaking of solutions concerning games with image packs :)

Else there are a lot more solutions with the best to be the images calculated in real time but these are other games.

TotalFluke

Game Developer
Aug 24, 2021
if I can suggest a substantial improvement for the UI, it would be to have the character names in a different color, instead of that yellow sea of letters.
View attachment 4082055
Lily kissed you, Lily groped Ophelia. You groped Lily. Your arousal is 55, and energy is 97 while Lily's arousal is 69, and energy is 41 and Ophelia's arousal is 66, and energy is 63.

It would also be great, if when you enter a room, the special actions you can do there, were highlighted in some way. I think I went 1 year without realizing that in parties I could mingle.

I think it's a great game and I have a lot of ideas to share, but i'll be happy if the UI is improved a little bit.
The colored names is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. But Unity text management is horrible. If this was RenPy, it would be trivial to do (as every RenPy game does it), but the way it works in Unity would be a pain to do. It's obviously doable but time consuming so it has never been a high priority.

In my first game, a second sister showed up after a while. I've never seen that happen again in more than ten new games. Has anyone else seen that happen?

Before you ask, I have started many games, yet never completed one. Trying to work out the best route.
The second sister shows up around August, 7 months after the start of the game regardless of other events. She is going to college and that's when the college year starts.

is it normal that someone tells you they are in the gym at night when the gym is closed.
This is a known bug that's very hard to find. Sometimes characters stick around in places after that place closed or not for them. It's most common to see it when someone comes to see you in your office, you finish the interaction and they don't leave. (The logic to figure out where a person should be at any time is very complex and I'm sure that there are some cases falling thru the cracks).

Sugestions:

1 - It would be nice to have a opition (or setting in the files) to choose the kind of clothes the emploees can use in each job in our club

2 - also, would be great to have a setting in the files to control the chance of NPCs being related to eachother (like family).
The clothes that go with each job are defined in the Unity code so it's not accessible for changing. I will add this as something to consider putting in a text file so it can be modified.

The second one is much more problematic. There's a few ways we create characters that are related to each other, but making it a global settings would cause all kinds of issues (as we need to make sure they have the same ethnicity at least).

This is on purpose. If they are working, you don't get it for free. You also have to pay for lap dances.

To be clear, this is not meant to happen. The relationship between images and character stats is not random, they are closely linked. There's meta data in the images file names to indicate the physical characteristics of the image and those will match the character. It's not perfect, as the images refer to characters in fairly wide ranges (for example, the body shape descriptor has values of slim, medium, curvy and fit). This is all described in the PDF file in the game main directory.

That said, there are some images that are probably mislabeled. That's bound to happen with too many images.

Second, there are secondary factors that are defined directly from the images, but from the image characteristics. So the image may say someone is slim, which in general will result in them having lower strength values, but it's not always exact. And in real life there are some slim people that are very strong and some heavy people that are very fast. But in general, the slim person will make a worse bouncer than a fit one.

Ugliness on the other hand is subjective and it's not in any way represented in the game. There's an internal concept of "traditional attractiveness" that makes certain traits preferable to some degree but understanding that not everyone has the same concept of "beauty". And while this attractiveness will be a factor on how good a stripper is at her job, it's not the only factor, their ability to dance and their lewdness are two other very important factors. On top of that, many of these skills can be trained and improved which may create a bigger disconnect between the attributes and the image. This is part of the reason why weight lifting in the gym has such a small effect. If the effect was larger, the images could become very wrong. (It's also a reason why there's no pregnancy and other events like breast augmentations, etc.). Honestly this issue is very frustrating cause there's all kinds of things I would like to do but I don't have a way to create on the fly images that look good enough.

The bottom line is that all you suggest is taken into account. If you have specific examples of images that do appear to be very wrong, please point them out.

Re image packs. I'm using only the Mega pack. Do I need the others? I haven't seen those names appear in-game, so it's puzzling. Are they created by the same artist?
I'm not sure what you mean by the Mega pack. Mega is one of the mirrors where the packs are uploaded (there's 6 of them with names like Amber, Bethany, Crystal, Daphne, etc.). You only need one, although the more you have the longer you can play in the game before the game runs out of images. There are also a lot of user-generated images uploaded in this thread. My images are all AI-generated while most of the user-generated ones are images of real girls, but some are AI as well.

And not sure if this is what you mean by "not seeing those names", but the character names are generated randomly and are different in every game. If you see a character in another game with a specific name that doesn't mean that character will appear in your game with the same name or image.

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
I'm not sure what you mean by the Mega pack. Mega is one of the mirrors where the packs are uploaded (there's 6 of them with names like Amber, Bethany, Crystal, Daphne, etc.). You only need one, although the more you have the longer you can play in the game before the game runs out of images. There are also a lot of user-generated images uploaded in this thread. My images are all AI-generated while most of the user-generated ones are images of real girls, but some are AI as well.

And not sure if this is what you mean by "not seeing those names", but the character names are generated randomly and are different in every game. If you see a character in another game with a specific name that doesn't mean that character will appear in your game with the same name or image.
You answered my question clearly. The Mega Pack obviously contains all the others, so that is easy to understand. I was just puzzled that the six separate files have personal names that never appear in the game, so it's a tad confusing.

I love this game, I gotta tell you. I haven't played anything else for days. And days.

Reactions: TotalFluke

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Ugliness on the other hand is subjective and it's not in any way represented in the game. There's an internal concept of "traditional attractiveness" that makes certain traits preferable to some degree but understanding that not everyone has the same concept of "beauty". And while this attractiveness will be a factor on how good a stripper is at her job, it's not the only factor, their ability to dance and their lewdness are two other very important factors. On top of that, many of these skills can be trained and improved which may create a bigger disconnect between the attributes and the image. This is part of the reason why weight lifting in the gym has such a small effect. If the effect was larger, the images could become very wrong. (It's also a reason why there's no pregnancy and other events like breast augmentations, etc.). Honestly this issue is very frustrating cause there's all kinds of things I would like to do but I don't have a way to create on the fly images that look good enough.
Concerning "Ugliness" I do agree with concerning the subjectivity of the concept and I was wrong using the word "ugly" as I just wanted to speak of "weight" concerning some activities like dancer or other physical activity. I can't imagine anybody weighting 120kg being a good dancer of somebody with 50kg beeing a bouncer, but it's just a personal opinion.

Concerning the training that could disconnect images and attributes you could just limit the variance with initial value as a medium point. The more you go far from this initial value the less the change is big. For example "change = nnn / abs(initial value - current value)" with for example nnn=100. Just inform the player when he reach the point where change will have no effect (change results in a value of less than 1.0)

Generally AI tools generating images now manage well the pregnancy but it's right that it would add some files to image sets and could cause problems mainly with clothes.

Anyway this is not the only problems you'll have in developpement, the main two others will be to obtain a good UI and the second will be the llimits due to menu-driven gameplay. Your game have a very good potential and you may consider a switch to a dev toolkit permitting a better UI conception and a events driven gameplay (buttons) like for example goDot.

LordUnborn

Jun 12, 2018
OK so can anyone please tell what it takes to get the town to vote on ANYTHING. Every session they are undecided on a law so here I sit with the drinking age at 20 and a club full of singers. I am unsure how to get anyfurther with them. I can't wack em so I have just watch them waste month after month. It is late Nov and they have passed two laws. I'm not sure i can repeat the same wash and repeat cycle for 10 more years to get them to vote on allowing an actual strip club to go to war with. If it is just RNG then this is a compelte waste of time and assets. Really want to like this game but the grind so far has been obnoxious.

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
I'm at 80% on the Security Office upgrade. No other construction going on, though my entrance and parking lot could each take an upgrade. At 55/55 employees. Yet I am open for 1 bartender, 3 cooks, 1 singer and 2 drivers. I can't advertise for any workers.
So is this part of a "wait for it" scenario?

Edit: Now I see that it's necessary to reassign people to these open jobs.

Last edited:

lhucio

Jan 7, 2021
OK so can anyone please tell what it takes to get the town to vote on ANYTHING. Every session they are undecided on a law so here I sit with the drinking age at 20 and a club full of singers. I am unsure how to get anyfurther with them. I can't wack em so I have just watch them waste month after month. It is late Nov and they have passed two laws. I'm not sure i can repeat the same wash and repeat cycle for 10 more years to get them to vote on allowing an actual strip club to go to war with. If it is just RNG then this is a compelte waste of time and assets. Really want to like this game but the grind so far has been obnoxious.
go to the city hall, speak with comissioners and convince them to propose a law that you want

lhucio

Jan 7, 2021
The second sister shows up around August, 7 months after the start of the game regardless of other events. She is going to college and that's when the college year starts.
I've been in the game for 2 years I think I've spent those 7 months quite a while and no extra sister has appeared.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
I've been in the game for 2 years I think I've spent those 7 months quite a while and no extra sister has appeared.
I think she's triggered by the Security Room, or something like that. I cheat the money, so I've got all that built by Aug 2024. She showed up, and she's staying over at my place (borrowed from Used Cars).

Artiour

Sep 24, 2017
is there a way to make incest an opinion, but a very hard one to change. instead of being a switch on and off.
because of how easy it is, it doesn't feel much like a taboo.

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
is there a way to make incest an opinion, but a very hard one to change. instead of being a switch on and off.
Even if you switch it on, you have to convince people to change their opinion about incest to be accepted.
And it doesn't work on everyone.

LordUnborn

Jun 12, 2018
Edit the user config file. There is a post in here about editing the user config. Don't edit the config file just copy the settings you want into it. There is one for allowed taboos. And as said above you will need to convince them to love it. I have so far done it for two and be carefull how many girlfriends you convince to love threesomes because you will get bombarded and they will ask all the time but since you cannot see the calendar when they ask you get double booked.

leequiring

Dec 12, 2018
I've got one complaint about the game that should be easy to fix. I ask someone to accompany me, and while in transit there's a popup message about someone else's issue. After dealing with that, the person I invited disappears. Apparently because time has been thrust forward.

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 22 Votes