Daishi

Jan 7, 2018
...let's be nice and call that YOUR opinion...
You are contradicting yourself, by saying the crafting systems that can be scheduled is a sore, yet claim there is no way to schedule anything.
I'm talking about task management. As in the people you actually have working lose loyalty at an insane rate. I've seen no method of giving them shifts.

The game improved on micromanagement and your home base got several decrees of higher complexity, both for crafting, aswell as resource gathering.
Oxymoronic statement. One does not "improve micromanagement" by adding multiple additional layers of micromanagement.

You still can buy stuff in the shops
Nothing reliably and its largely random crap created by the RNG.

and there are still jobs that can help you... like farming and cooking to automate such tasks (you may need to order your servants on what to cook but that still can be scheduled for long time productions).
Considering the expense to get involved in farming? Doesn't count in my mind. And cooking exists. It's annoying and it exists.

It's all more micro-management.

Sure the stuff is now a bit more complex, but the way I see it this makes far more sence and is more entertaining as the first game.
Much more complex.

In Strive for Power you eventually spend all your time on the road encountering wild monsters in order to find some usefull servants or side quests... in this one you get a strong encouragement to spend time at your home base in order to craft stuff, complete side quests and craft even stronger equipment
So, what you're saying is it's gone from a game where you take your waifus on the road to explore the world to find new and better waifus to a household management sim.

• Red Heart
Reactions: LaCronx

Cauldraborn

Dec 1, 2019
Ey peeps got a question about certain materials. So I've been clearing dungeons quite a bit of all difficulties but I'm having trouble trying to locate where I can find eternal ice. I got a sword that has eternal ice in it and I like the stats and would like to find more but I have no clue what dungeons I should be farming. I will say games like these my RNG is always bad in some way or another and in this case I haven't had one drop. Similar to an earth crystal I found I unfortunately didn't pay attention to where I found it and would like more of those as well so any help would be appreciated.

As much as I'm enjoying the game I honestly hope some of the high end mats would get a bit of an increase in drop rates or like some other stuff we can get "nodes" at home to collect them a bit better. The grinding for mythical leather is a royal pain and I hate that I have a few slaves living outside permanently collecting leathers/bones...

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I'm talking about task management. As in the people you actually have working lose loyalty at an insane rate. I've seen no method of giving them shifts.

Oxymoronic statement. One does not "improve micromanagement" by adding multiple additional layers of micromanagement.

Considering the expense to get involved in farming? Doesn't count in my mind. And cooking exists. It's annoying and it exists.

It's all more micro-management.

Much more complex.

So, what you're saying is it's gone from a game where you take your waifus on the road to explore the world to find new and better waifus to a household management sim.
Just one little spell every 5 days will keep all at or above 70 every day. Strive for Power 2 2022-03-19 09-17-54-38.jpg

Buying stuff in the beginning of the game is normal then making things later in the game is normal.
It was the same for buying and selling in the first game as it is with this game but where this game is better you get to MAKE instead of trying to find better equipment.

You can set cooking to always cook and never touch it again or did you not know this?

And I will say it again you can not compare this game with the first game, there 2 different games and styles.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
...since when do they drop loyality?
I only wittness them loosing obedience.
...that indicates you consider the management Element of strive for Power to be micromanagement.
From my perspective it is not.
which isn't any different from the first game as far as I recall... so again what's your point?
You can visit villages and have the girls farm there from the beginning, upgradeing your base only means you have an easier access and can use social skills more efffectivly.
Much more complex.
Which is a good thing in my and many peoples opinion... it's not yours which makes me question your points to begin with.
I say the first game was meant as a management of your household, that got more complex by adding jobs and traits to each character and the second game goes even further by putting more emphasis on the micro management of your household and adding classes to improve the effectiveness of tasks.
Still the same game and still the same focus... just with more efforts put into the details and micromanagement.
... If you don't like those aspects this might just not be your game.
Ey peeps got a question about certain materials. So I've been clearing dungeons quite a bit of all difficulties but I'm having trouble trying to locate where I can find eternal ice. I got a sword that has eternal ice in it and I like the stats and would like to find more but I have no clue what dungeons I should be farming. I will say games like these my RNG is always bad in some way or another and in this case I haven't had one drop. Similar to an earth crystal I found I unfortunately didn't pay attention to where I found it and would like more of those as well so any help would be appreciated.

As much as I'm enjoying the game I honestly hope some of the high end mats would get a bit of an increase in drop rates or like some other stuff we can get "nodes" at home to collect them a bit better. The grinding for mythical leather is a royal pain and I hate that I have a few slaves living outside permanently collecting leathers/bones...
Elemental Crystals have a high drop chance in the Vulcano dungeon, and a guranteed drop if you fight the pillars as Boss.
Mystical Leather is a guaranteed drop in the Jungle dureing any Boss drop.
Highest yield is by Gryphons

erkper

May 16, 2018
can someone help me with the mission "forests and beasts" as i can't find "suitable helper" thx
If you're where I think you are, you are trying to get the young elven priestess out of the capital. I'd imagine you'd have to buy a dark elf/drow slave that matches the criteria (hair color etc) of the young priestess you're trying to sneak out. But the easier way is to ask for an alternative and she'll tell you to bring 10 whiskeys to bribe the guards so she can leave with you.

Reactions: Kingdomxz

betatesterFP

Apr 13, 2018
What I like more about this game:
- No road encounter, I didn't like the roads to be so deadly specially at the start of the game
- the dismantle tool at the workers guild: even bad items can be dismantled for materials (but even improved it's still random), buy->dismantle>craft
- You need a slave at the start of the game consider cleaning a bandit lair (even if you need a lot of reloads of the final battle to have a good slave)
- increase growth with money and other stats with XP (even if it's not perfect I like it more than with, wood, magic wood and so on)
- You can gain specific sex traits with specific sex actions
- specific towns have specific items(obsidian and alchemy flowers in elven capital, leather, hard leather, mythic leather at beast village (and less random race slaves too)
- a loose schedule for most quests, you can do them when you're ready
What I don't like
- Still too random, treasures and slaves can vary too much (maybe Bandit boss slave at the end the final treasures could be fixed and not crappy)
- if you allow futa they will not qualify as male or female for quests (and none require futa), hope for a fix
- Quests to kill X when all X dungeons have been cleared, hope for a fix
- no up to date wiki
- quite no use for servant guild points once all professions have been bought
- no way to do a peon to slave transition
- cooking is tricky ,, you can't make bread an automatic task, you have to manage cereals (same for other crafts)), I produce fish but buy bread, it's more effective
- some useless classes (geisha, head slave, director)

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
- no way to do a peon to slave transition
- cooking is tricky ,, you can't make bread an automatic task, you have to manage cereals (same for other crafts)), I produce fish but buy bread, it's more effective
Last time I checked you could still enslave Peons via the Slave trader
Have a Dryad slave with Dragonbone scithel and farmer class harvesting grain should net you more than enough to constantly "cook" bread

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
You can always buy a dungeon of the appropriate type in town. Or is there a limit to the number you can buy that I haven't encountered yet?
There is a limit to how many of the same type you can have open. Just "forget" them when you're done with 'em and you'll be okay.

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
No. I'm sorry, but no.

I don't see it as an upgrade. I don't see it as a different game. I see it as a game that has taken the worst direction on everything and is generally bad, especially when compared to the closest game wise which is the original strive.

First, the 4 actions day actions are idiotic especially without a built in scheduling system because they're also make them that much more twitchy.

Second, the job system has basically been ruined. The old jobs had some ease and simplicity along with jobs that permitted you to just generate income, as well as jobs designed to raise your ease of use. For example, the cleaning system for your mansion made sense and having a cook buy your food and supplies was a major QOL feature. Not any more, everything is ENTIRE geared around resource gathering and the crafting system...

And oh god the crafting system. The first game had one. It was alchemy and it worked. The second one, apparently they local people have never heard of a store because you have to craft literally fucking everything.

And to get those crafting materials you have to go out in the world and sweet baby ninja pirate zombie jesus did that get fucked up too. The old system for its flaws was interesting. You actually traveled and explored and it felt like it too. In this? Soulless button pushing waiting for the next empty encounter.

Now, the combat is better I'll give it that and yes, the crafting aspects would have been tolerable if it wasn't so utterly dependent on them and some of them were not so mindnumbingly stupid

This same isn't "A different experience", it actually authentically and legitimately kinda sucks. I don't see development fixing what are baked in fundamental problems that have persisted since the first alpha - which I did play.
Ah, I think I understand what's bothering you so much about Strive Conquest. It's featuring more micro-management compared to the previous one.

For instance, cook used to be a simple assignment. Now, you have to dedicate more time and effort into it, enabling variety at the cost of no longer automating the whole process.
Same with exploration, it's now more time-consuming. You have to prepare for the expedition, bringing healing items and/or mp recovery items, else you won't make it through to the end. Compared to before, where you could basically beeline towards your objective, that's a completely different take.

With this + the complaint about actions per day, I'd say the slower pace, the expeditions requiring preparing ahead, an overall more present micromanagement, all of those aren't things you appreciate much at least in this game.

To be honest, I too would have done some things differently but you can't please everyone. It's unfortunate the changes are turning you off, and that's all the more reason why it's become its own game. I'm fairly sure you'd have been even more annoyed if Strive for Power had become Strive for Conquest, leaving you no game to enjoy.

Reactions: AWolfe

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
You can always buy a dungeon of the appropriate type in town. Or is there a limit to the number you can buy that I haven't encountered yet?
As far as I recall the only limit is haveing 5 active dungeons at a time (+any Quest related Dungeon)

erkper

May 16, 2018
There is a limit to how many of the same type you can have open. Just "forget" them when you're done with 'em and you'll be okay.
I see. I always clean them out and forget them right away before moving on to something else so I never ran into that limit. For his purposes it should be fine. He only needs one open to kill x number of whatever.

Cauldraborn

Dec 1, 2019
Elemental Crystals have a high drop chance in the Vulcano dungeon, and a guranteed drop if you fight the pillars as Boss.
Mystical Leather is a guaranteed drop in the Jungle dureing any Boss drop.
Highest yield is by Gryphons
Ah sweet cheers! Just my bad RNG kicking in then... >.> I already knew how to get the mystical leather it's just that it's a chore with the amount I get from the dungeon over the time it takes to clear it.

Anyway thanks again for the response!

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
No road encounter, I didn't like the roads to be so deadly specially at the start of the game
I really wish it had some of that, it made traveling actually interesting and it makes higher tier resources too easy.

Quests to kill X when all X dungeons have been cleared, hope for a fix
Forget dungeons, buy new dungeons. The starting dungeons are basically what the game gives as freebies.
no way to do a peon to slave transition
You can enslave at the slave market.
cooking is tricky ,, you can't make bread an automatic task, you have to manage cereals (same for other crafts)), I produce fish but buy bread, it's more effective
You can upgrade resource collection to get cereals.
head slave, director)
They have certain skills.

Reactions: Venchi

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
r it's just that it's a chore with the amount I get from the dungeon over the time it takes to clear it.
For the Jungle Dungeon have your Party use Water and Lightining or Holy and Darkness attacks and the Dungeon will be a breeze.
There are areas where your Party can rest or search for treasure and Dark Elf encounters that vary from this tactic, but there are also enemies that CAN drop ice crystals.
For the Vulcano dungeon it was Water and Lightning attacks mainly as far as I reccall

Cauldraborn

Dec 1, 2019
You can buy mystical leather at a rate of 15 a day at beastmen village, keep someone there
Yeah I actually found that out after I progressed the story so it's better than grinding the dungeons. I'll note that for me it's pretty much every second day the leather shows up at the shop.
For the Jungle Dungeon have your Party use Water and Lightining or Holy and Darkness attacks and the Dungeon will be a breeze.
There are areas where your Party can rest or search for treasure and Dark Elf encounters that vary from this tactic, but there are also enemies that CAN drop ice crystals.
For the Vulcano dungeon it was Water and Lightning attacks mainly as far as I reccall
I have no difficulty getting through either dungeons, it's just how long it takes to reach the end of them and the lack of rewards or sorts. I've had a couple of decent drops from the volcano dungeon and a few times some adamantine but doesn't really feel great when it happens after a number of long runs through them. Same applies to the jungle dungeons when I was after the leather. sometimes the node will be at the end but didn't happen often. Eternal ice I still haven't had any drop but I have obtained like 2 weapons that had some when I disassembled them.

Pretty much getting to the end of the current stuff though at this point. Been fun and very curious as to how this game will progress in the future but in saying that there have been a fair few things I really hope would like to see improved.

Last edited:

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
Dumb question but can you turn off cheats? I turned on Skip Combat to get pass an annoying fight but now I can't turn it off and it's really bugging me -_-
especially since I can longer gain any EXP on any of my characters.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes