Ravageroall

Jan 29, 2020
There is a bug that ends pregnancy for other slaves when a child finishes training.
With the new focus on breeding and no way to raise your main characters traits anymore (at the slave auction or with classes) the master soon becomes worthless for breeding (that's no fun). I don't know if the dev even reads this thread but a good game seems to be getting worse. hope they realize this and fix it. (someone pointed out theres an upgrade button for traits so please ignore the part about raising traits)

Last edited:

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Only get the ones you want to use, 1 for MC and 30 more for the 30 you can have in the game.
They have to go into the folder the game sees as such or they will never load.
Pretty sure you can edit the location of the image-pack. I'm personnaly using the same location as the Strive1 image-pack, to avoid having a duplicate for the same images for the 2 games.
In the settings.INI, there's 2 lines for "portrait_folder" and "body_folder", just change the directory for those 2 lines and you should be fine having the image-pack on a different drive.
It works! Incorrectly in my case a bit, cuz I used "\" instead of "/"... but works!
Also in (at least) Strive2 there is a button in character customisation menu: "Select folders"
[Facepalm] Didn't even try to look for it.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
So what's the current version like for non-Charisma runs? The changes to limit the number of interactions based on charisma felt like they were penalizing anyone who didn't want their player character to work as a prostitute. I found it surprisingly off-putting, I have to admit.
Uh I don't get that one but ok, I always want my player to have charisma hes the leader of the mansion and what not idea he has no charisma scares me. I almost always grind it up a little as well as being a decent fighter or mage depending how I want to go. I mean you can play as rough guy with about as much charisma as jar jar binx but you shouldn't expect it to be pleasant experience just saying... Now if I was solo yeah being rough and antisocial ain't bad to do for a few playthroughs, but as party leader, who aspires to have a giant harem/workforce just seems weird to neglect charisma...

Its like some one going "so they fix it so I can do good spell damage with no magic skills yet I feel forced to know magic to do magic." Its like yeah um in this game you run for mayor deal with factions and guild leaders, as well as manage groups that consist of slaves, employees and friends. The hell you are upset there is a bonus for being more of a people person dealing with all those things? Its like uh you don't got sell your damn body with charisma it effects way more then just that, your peons have no real use for it minus being a whore though lol.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
mean you can play as rough guy with about as much charisma as jar jar binx but you shouldn't expect it to be pleasant experience just saying
See, I have this odd idea that if I own slaves, and if I want to spend time with them, then they damn well have to do as I say. I don't mind if they don't learn so much, or if affection is slow to rise, but I don't expect to have to ask their permission before I train them.

Just saying.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
See, I have this odd idea that if I own slaves, and if I want to spend time with them, then they damn well have to do as I say. I don't mind if they don't learn so much, or if affection is slow to rise, but I don't expect to have to ask their permission before I train them.

Just saying.
Issue is not all them are slaves lol. You can recruit a lot who are not slaves. Just like you can been mean to them sure, but your not just a slaver, you end up a mayor, and deal with guild leaders and jobs from them. If you were just a slaver sure, but you end in poltics, and dealing directly with guild leaders. You can also hire people from the guild who are employers not slaves. You want to torture slaves have at it, but the big bonuses are from being charming from charisma. I mean complaining that you want the charming bonuses but not be charming is still silly lol.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
Issue is not all them are slaves lol.
Mine are. I don't mind exceptions for the occasional guest.

You can recruit a lot who are not slaves.
But I don't.

Just like you can been mean to them sure
I don't want to be mean. I just don't see why my charisma limits how often I can teach magic to my slave/mages.

but your not just a slaver, you end up a mayor, and deal with guild leaders and jobs from them.
And so what?

If you were just a slaver sure, but you end in poltics, and dealing directly with guild leaders.
Just to be entirely clear, I am not proposing to try and teach magic or charm to any of the guild leaders.

You can also hire people from the guild who are employers not slaves.
But I don't.

You want to torture slaves have at it
But I don't.

but the big bonuses are from being charming from charisma.
Which I can train up.

I mean complaining that you want the charming bonuses but not be charming is still silly lol.
I just don't see the point in having three basic archetypes for your character, and then making two of them largely useless until late game.

I mean I'm glad this recent change suits you and your playstyle, but playing as a mage is supposed to be a viable choice, and it gets a lot harder if you have to take charisma as your primary attribute.

Reactions: BakaG and Arcane666

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
It works! Incorrectly in my case a bit, cuz I used "\" instead of "/"... but works!
Also in (at least) Strive2 there is a button in character customisation menu: "Select folders"
[Facepalm] Didn't even try to look for it.
I have not played in a long time now so the button will really come in handy for those who want to place the packs on a different drive.
Thanks for the info, will go try it out and see how it goes.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I dropped this right after having to choose between 4 different guilds, with basically zero info.
Can't be bothered to do hours of research again, before being able to play.
Just choose one, you get a free NPC and gives you 4 different styles of play at the start.
Fighter = fighting.
Mage = magic.
And so on, just choose what type of game you want to play.

This is neither here nor there for you can choose the make up of you fighting party anyway so it really does not matter who you choose you still get an extra NPC at the start of the game in story mode.
Its been a while but if I remember right you can play solo at start.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I don't want to be mean. I just don't see why my charisma limits how often I can teach magic to my slave/mages.
Because...shocking fact... teachers need to be VERY charismatic to actually make children listen and learn from them... Adults tend to be even worse
Which I can train up.
You can train the Stat, for the Trait you can't really train... and there are more checks for the trait than the Stat
I mean I'm glad this recent change suits you and your playstyle, but playing as a mage is supposed to be a viable choice, and it gets a lot harder if you have to take charisma as your primary attribute.
Playing as a Mage is meant to make you tackle Dungens alone or with a little Group since MC packs a punch... if you try the same with a charm build you won't last long.
I dropped this right after having to choose between 4 different guilds, with basically zero info.
Can't be bothered to do hours of research again, before being able to play.
You can ask the Guild leaders Questions about their services and potential advantages bewfore choosing.
The dialogues on those are short and concrete

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
So what's the current version like for non-Charisma runs? The changes to limit the number of interactions based on charisma felt like they were penalizing anyone who didn't want their player character to work as a prostitute. I found it surprisingly off-putting, I have to admit.
Having high Cha doesn't necessarily require being a prostitute. Unless you only raise Cha and Sex I guess. But I've played mages with Cha (fishing or cooking) and currently have a Phys+Cha with warrior classes+trainer who hunts or does upgrades in downtime since I don't have many workers yet. About the only thing you can't really do is start off as a competent fighter-mage AND have Cha but otherwise it seems okay. (Unless I've misunderstood the issue, I'm half asleep today.)

no way to raise your main characters traits anymore (at the slave auction or with classes) the master soon becomes worthless for breeding (that's no fun). I don't know if the dev even reads this thread but a good game seems to be getting worse. hope they realize this and fix it.
I think you're looking for the Upgrade button on the class/skill unlock menu. There's nothing to fix, it's actually already much better now IMO since you don't have to farm rare mats or cheese classes to get it done anymore.

Last edited:

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
I need some help with making the loan payments in the early game. Somehow the 3000g between day 14 and 28 always leads to a game over for me before I can accumulate the respect to run for mayor.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Yeah, that doesn't tell me anything about the consequences though and what's the best pick for my preferred playstyle.
There are no consequences, you start with a higher favor for the guild of your choosing and you get some equipment useful for a corresponding class (for mages a staff and some heal crystal for example).
Even the Freeslave can be completly customized by you

Reactions: wiwem71072

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I need some help with making the loan payments in the early game. Somehow the 3000g between day 14 and 28 always leads to a game over for me before I can accumulate the respect to run for mayor.
You should easily be able to sell enough food that you have harvest to pay that 3k.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Was it that long for something that looks like no update?
There has been 2 updates in the last 2 weeks, and if you would have read the dev took a break from this game and was working on the other game.
Now dev is back working on this one.

Reactions: NajaNaga

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
That's good to know, but the game still tells players nothing about it so they have to do manual research.
Well it's for a) only an Alpha Version and b) only a VERY minor choice... the choices you make dureing Character Storylines have a far greater significance than which guild you initially side with.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Should I play the first one or should I just jump into this one?
There both separate games and plays differently.
You should play the first game first then the new one.
Just remember that they are two very different types of games but with some things similar but not exact.

Ravageroall

Jan 29, 2020
I think you're looking for the Upgrade button on the class/skill unlock menu. There's nothing to fix, it's actually already much better now IMO since you don't have to farm rare mats or cheese classes to get it done anymore.
[/QUOTE]
I missed that thank you for pointing that out.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes