Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
Quite the opposite, game actively encourages you to avoid doing sexy things because your Dates are finite resource that is best used to grind stats on the main character and slaves.
to be fair, once you successfully proposed intimacy during dates, you can spend all subsequent dates for stat training and can still hit the threshold for sexy times. I'd say the bottleneck is the multiple intimate talks needed to unlock customizing their fetishes (which in itself is an incredibly odd mechanic, but that's besides the point).

but otherwise, your post is spot-on and hits a lot of nails. it honestly feels like Conquest is built as a battle/resource/industry management game from the get-go, as evident by prostitution's subpar scaling as a money-earning tool compared to any other possible job. Though since it seems that some mechanics from Power are being introduced piecemeal back into Conquest, there's hope for a more balanced final build.

Reactions: jeffrey1667

cd13

Mar 5, 2019
So I was bored and decided to do some math for fun on the economic/resource gathering part of the game and it indeed bonkers:

Wiki guides are entirely correct (surprisingly) - Fishing is the best method of gaining money. mostly because it requires the least amount of the investment and accessible from the start. Cutting Rough Wood, hunting for Meat, Leather or Ancient Bone technically are equal but require more Mansion upgrades or setting up and managing work parties in other villages.

All other resources are noticeably worse from the efficiency standpoint, so you should basically never mine more Mythril or cut more Iron Wood or grow more Silk (Silk btw is especially bad, it requires two times more work time to get the same amount of gold equivalent as Fishing and it is buyable from markets. You basically should never farm silk with slaves) than you intend to use for crafting purposes.

Crafting is even worse. There are three products that give you a bigger profit margin in comparison to selling raw resources. Meat soup, Magic Cloth and Steel. All three provide whole one extra gold piece per unit of work invested. Fishing will give you 15 gold per unit of work. Forging steel gives you 16 gold and require 3 different slaves to work three different jobs. So if you factor in food costs and housing upgrades expenses, it will probably be worse than fishing. Not by a lot, but worse.

What I found especially hilarious is that most obvious trade good for sale - alcohol - is literally the worst possible commodity to craft (outside of advanced materials like Adamantite, Ancient Wood or Ethereal Cloth which all sell for less than their components) with Whiskey gaining you ~7 gold per work and Beer ~4 gold, so two times and four times less than Fishing. You should basically never farm anything in this game.

P.S. Thinking about it some more: Farming probably that bad because it have unique profession to boost it over other resource gathering classes. So Dryad Worker-Farmer-Foreman on Cloth farming will maybe get you more than Scylla Worker-Foreman on Fishing, but how often you can get worker slaves with 3 classes? It is quite a bit of an investment.

Last edited:

Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
ay boss can you upload that spreadsheet for the rest of us lazy folks

Personally I always gravitate towards cloth instead of doubling down on fishing because each upgrades adds 2 worker slots instead of 1, and it trains physical, which almost every other resource gathering is benefitted by. Farming efficiency is appreciated but that can be augmented by a good sickle, where as fishing rods are, imo, more annoying to craft (not counting good store RNG).

Not rebuking the usefulness of fishing, of course, since the majority of the game's recruitable unique characters are mages, which benefits from wits.

cd13

Mar 5, 2019
ay boss can you upload that spreadsheet for the rest of us lazy folks

Personally I always gravitate towards cloth instead of doubling down on fishing because each upgrades adds 2 worker slots instead of 1, and it trains physical, which almost every other resource gathering is benefitted by. Farming efficiency is appreciated but that can be augmented by a good sickle, where as fishing rods are, imo, more annoying to craft (not counting good store RNG).

Not rebuking the usefulness of fishing, of course, since the majority of the game's recruitable unique characters are mages, which benefits from wits.
I do my math old-fashioned way - on a piece of paper.
But yeah, Cloth is almost as good as Fishing number-wise and I also did not really count Mansion upgrade efficiency in the account.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Fuscen

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
still way less content than the first game right?
Yes and no, you have about the same amount of sex and there is not as many VIP NPC's yet but in this game you can get married already.

Just remember this is still in alpha and a lot more is coming.

Reactions: twoEyedCyclops

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
I am playing this for the first time and I have trouble regenerating mana, is there something I am missing?
Mana does regen slowly over time. A couple options to restore mana are the blue gems(energy). You can purchase these in the store, create them with alchemy, or get some for making the correct offering at a stone shrine in dungeons. Use them on the appropriate character while in the inventory panel for an instant restoration of some mana. Another option is use the lust of the target to increase their health and mana with a social power(can't remember its name offhand.. icon is a heart). That will restore a pretty big chunk of mana based on how much lust is converted.

Volxie

Sep 7, 2019
It's embarrassing to admit, but it took me so many runs/tries to beat the loan-shark prologue stuff (pretty terrible at management games) but finally got pretty good RNG with the quests so I was not only able to make the 1K & 3K pretty easily and get the needed rank up with 3 of 4 factions, but way before the 10K deadline was even an issue.

Riviar

Mar 20, 2018
How playable is this rn?
Unless you want to progress the story one little step each half a year, I would recommend to wait. The system is better than the first game, but it still gets boring and aimless very quickly and there is only so much actual story in the game right now.

I would really have liked it for the author to expand core repeatable mechanics so they can be entertaining enough to justify doing a little sandbox while waiting for the next story update, but for now it is simply better to wait until it's finished.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
There is a new test version strive-conquest-win64-experimental.zip if anyone wants to try it out, just remember they maybe bugs and if you find one please post it there in the comments section or discord.

Its the one at the bottom.

Reactions: chien180

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
maverik — Yesterday at 4:39 PM
Strive Conquest 0.6.3 release

Changelog
Added text to Heleviel optional scene
Added racial icons
Revamped Obedience and Loyalty systems
Now obedience is reduced every turn, maxed with any social skill and once hit Zero will make character escape.
Obedience Drain is now a more distinct value which is modified by unlocked trainings, gear and Timid Factor
Loyalty is now used to unlock character training and is obtained every turn.
Most of disabling traits have been changed to cause penalty
Guild slaves will no longer spawn with traits which would make their guild's position inadequate (e.g. weak combat in fighters)
1fbV4x.jpg

Haamster

Jul 11, 2020
maverik — Yesterday at 4:39 PM
Strive Conquest 0.6.3 release

Changelog
Added text to Heleviel optional scene
Added racial icons
Revamped Obedience and Loyalty systems
Now obedience is reduced every turn, maxed with any social skill and once hit Zero will make character escape.
Obedience Drain is now a more distinct value which is modified by unlocked trainings, gear and Timid Factor
Loyalty is now used to unlock character training and is obtained every turn.
Most of disabling traits have been changed to cause penalty
Guild slaves will no longer spawn with traits which would make their guild's position inadequate (e.g. weak combat in fighters)
View attachment 1949395
just to be clear, there is no additional story in this update?

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes