NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
Progressed the story a bit last night, another thing I like about the new system is that as you get handed story characters with crappy stats you can just dump your placeholder RNG workers on them and then give them that job. I don't really care for most of the official characters, granted, but I'll keep them for the sake of any storylines they get and it's not like I care about "human/catboy bandit with max Phys #5" either lol.

I kind of hate Zephyra though, she has massive penalties to collection (and being Clumsy feels really random compared to how she's written anyway) and I really don't have a need for a second Service bot or want her in my battle party.

On another note, I love that Dominator class lets you just tell the whole obedience system to go to hell. That Soulbind thing in the loyalty menu is a real sanity-saver for those stubborn workers with low Tame who can't get infinity-symbol obedience without extra micromanaging like luxury rooms or steel collars or something. And they can still get loyalty from social skills to buy any more upgrades they need, I have Daisy throw out a dancer performance whenever it's off cooldown.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Progressed the story a bit last night, another thing I like about the new system is that as you get handed story characters with crappy stats you can just dump your placeholder RNG workers on them and then give them that job. I don't really care for most of the official characters, granted, but I'll keep them for the sake of any storylines they get and it's not like I care about "human/catboy bandit with max Phys #5" either lol.

I kind of hate Zephyra though, she has massive penalties to collection (and being Clumsy feels really random compared to how she's written anyway) and I really don't have a need for a second Service bot or want her in my battle party.

On another note, I love that Dominator class lets you just tell the whole obedience system to go to hell. That Soulbind thing in the loyalty menu is a real sanity-saver for those stubborn workers with low Tame who can't get infinity-symbol obedience without extra micromanaging like luxury rooms or steel collars or something. And they can still get loyalty from social skills to buy any more upgrades they need, I have Daisy throw out a dancer performance whenever it's off cooldown.
Soul stones will take care of the penalty traits, they drop in fire depths type dungeons.

Last edited:

Al Gore

Oct 24, 2019
Go to Equipment screen than choose the tatoo needle Icon in the lower right corner of the character portrait.
Now Select a Tatoo pattern from the inventory and click on the highighted body slot... repeat if you so desire
Do you have to do something to the tattoo ink to use it? I'm in the tattoo screen but nothing is showing up on the left on a character with body modification training and with a beauty parlor built. Clicking the slots does nothing. Is it a bug?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Do you have to do something to the tattoo ink to use it? I'm in the tattoo screen but nothing is showing up on the left on a character with body modification training and with a beauty parlor built. Clicking the slots does nothing. Is it a bug?
Tatoo Ink is an ingredient, the actual tatoos are crafted via Alchemy and only the finished tatoos can be equiped like that

Reactions: Al Gore

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The new loyalty upgrades took a bit of getting used to but it looks like there's a lot of new stuff added since the last time I played. Looking forward to messing around with it now that I'm off for the rest of the year.

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
Is there a way to recover from getting stuck on the road because you accidentally recruited one more slave than you have beds available? I've had to reload twice now.

Brontanius

Sep 27, 2017
Is there a way to recover from getting stuck on the road because you accidentally recruited one more slave than you have beds available? I've had to reload twice now.
You have to sell to the slave market or use them as upgrades. You cannot return to the mansion due to the excess but you don't have to to sell/use the slaves you have recruited.

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
You have to sell to the slave market or use them as upgrades. You cannot return to the mansion due to the excess but you don't have to to sell/use the slaves you have recruited.
Yeah, but I get stuck in the road, unable to go back or forward, and since I'm on the road, I can't access the mansion tab to sell anyone. Least, I didn't seem to be able to so.

The plan had been to take everyone back and use the excess as upgrades or to sell them, on the basis that a lack of accommodation shouldn't be an issue if I didn't have to hold them overnight. But it won't let me go home, and it won't let me sell them. Nor can I kill them or let them go.

Brontanius

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah, but I get stuck in the road, unable to go back or forward, and since I'm on the road, I can't access the mansion tab to sell anyone. Least, I didn't seem to be able to so.

The plan had been to take everyone back and use the excess as upgrades or to sell them, on the basis that a lack of accommodation shouldn't be an issue if I didn't have to hold them overnight. But it won't let me go home, and it won't let me sell them. Nor can I kill them or let them go.
I have in 5 minutes replicated the situation and will step by step tell you how to get past it.
To replicate your situation, i have activated cheats and spawned characters to my fresh 5/5 limit, then went to a dungeon, captured someone and now i am at 6/5 and cannot return to mansion. I cannot travel nor can i start travelling.

What i do:
At the top of the screen is Mansion/aliron/Dungeon(the blue cavern in my case)
Click Aliron - you are now in aliron, you are not travelling and nothing is blocking this.
Click slave market at the bottom left
Click sell - you should now see all of your recruited people both in the mansion and at the locked location.
Click the excess people and click show info
Click sell - now the excess people are sold.
Click the dungeon at the top of the screen.
Click return all to mansion.
Congratulations - you are now back at the mansion.

EDIT: Attempted issue 2: had people in the travelling state as described above. Can still sell them to slave market as before.

Last edited:

d4rkm00n

May 23, 2019
Mac archives are broken. At least I cannot start the app, it says that the app is broken and could not be opened.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Mac archives are broken. At least I cannot start the app, it says that the app is broken and could not be opened.
Try and download from the source and see it that fixes your problem.

d4rkm00n

May 23, 2019
Try and download from the source and see it that fixes your problem.
It is broken there too.

Code:
“Strive-Conquest.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Played the new version for a bit yesterday and overall I do like a lot of the new features, but I did see a few issues with it as well.

1. The slave market as well as the option to hire slaves from the guilds seems like it's fairly irrelevant with how many slaves are available for free by just clearing out the bandit fort. In my game I was easily able to convince 15 slaves to join me within the first few weeks for free from the bandit fort.

2. The new mechanic for upgrading both the main character and the slaves makes the process trivially easy. The old method required a bunch of resources as well as money. The new method only requires money and a throwaway slave with 1 high stat. So again, grab a slave from the bandit fort with excellent in something, immediately sacrifice her at the slave market to upgrade someone to excellent in that stat. So I was easily able to upgrade all of my people to excellent in everything except growth. For growth I didn't see a way to go higher than great.

3. Minor issue with the Centipeded seeming unreasonably strong for the area it's in. It's usually in the back row, there are frequently 2 of them, the other stuff they spawn with are relatively tough, and it can 1 shot most people. I didn't find any notable weakness for it either unlike most other units. Most units have at least 1 damage type that deals massive damage to it. Maybe I missed one but physical, earth, wind, fire, mind all did little to no damage to it. By contrast I was able to 1 shot the ogres at the end with mind attacks. I don't have anyone that does water/ice damage yet.

The strategy that seemed to work the best for me was to pick a main character and a first slave of a race that can get overgrowth (like fairy or elf). Start off clearing the goblin cave a few times to level up a bit, then switch to the bandit cave to level up a bit more and start getting some free slaves and slave upgrades, then when you get overgrowth start clearing the bandit fort to get rich. Overgrowth will 1 shot anything in the bandit fort except the boss, the golem, and the ballistas. Mind attack will 1 shot the golem. Fire attacks 1 shot the ballistas, and the boss doesn't do enough damage for it to matter if it takes a few rounds to kill him.

The dungeon that has the centipede didn't seem worth it to me since you can get most of the same resources from the grove without the hassle of the centipede, even though it does mean a lot of wasted trips where it has meat instead of something useful.

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Played the new version for a bit yesterday and overall I do like a lot of the new features, but I did see a few issues with it as well.

1. The slave market as well as the option to hire slaves from the guilds seems like it's fairly irrelevant with how many slaves are available for free by just clearing out the bandit fort. In my game I was easily able to convince 15 slaves to join me within the first few weeks for free from the bandit fort.

2. The new mechanic for upgrading both the main character and the slaves makes the process trivially easy. The old method required a bunch of resources as well as money. The new method only requires money and a throwaway slave with 1 high stat. So again, grab a slave from the bandit fort with excellent in something, immediately sacrifice her at the slave market to upgrade someone to excellent in that stat. So I was easily able to upgrade all of my people to excellent in everything except growth. For growth I didn't see a way to go higher than great.

3. Minor issue with the Centipeded seeming unreasonably strong for the area it's in. It's usually in the back row, there are frequently 2 of them, the other stuff they spawn with are relatively tough, and it can 1 shot most people. I didn't find any notable weakness for it either unlike most other units. Most units have at least 1 damage type that deals massive damage to it. Maybe I missed one but physical, earth, wind, fire, mind all did little to no damage to it. By contrast I was able to 1 shot the ogres at the end with mind attacks.

The strategy that seemed to work the best for me was to pick a main character and a first slave of a race that can get overgrowth (like fairy or elf). Start off clearing the goblin cave a few times to level up a bit, then switch to the bandit cave to level up a bit more and start getting some free slaves and slave upgrades, then when you get overgrowth start clearing the bandit fort to get rich.

The dungeon that has the centipede didn't seem worth it to me since you can get most of the same resources from the grove without the hassle of the centipede, even though it does mean a lot of wasted trips where it has meat instead of something useful.
Lightning strike and Lightning Orb work wonders against Centipede and Mystic leather is only harvestable in the Jungles

Reactions: GmFn1869 and khumak

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Lightning strike and Lightning Orb work wonders against Centipede and Mystic leather is only harvestable in the Jungles
Figured I must have missed a damage type. I haven't seen a class upgrade that gets lightning yet but it's only week 3 for me so I guess that dungeon is fine if you wait a bit longer for it. Early on you need a massive amount of regular wood, a good bit of iron wood, iron, and leather but not much else for your early base upgrades. Thick leather is the main bottleneck I ran into since I couldn't do the jungle without save scumming and the grove kept giving me meat.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
The slave market as well as the option to hire slaves from the guilds seems like it's fairly irrelevant with how many slaves are available for free by just clearing out the bandit fort. In my game I was easily able to convince 15 slaves to join me within the first few weeks for free from the bandit fort.
They're not AS useful, but I think they still have a niche. If you don't feel like doing dungeons for a bit (and personally by the time I've gotten enough upgrades to make these worth anything I'm usually ready for a break), they provide an alternate source of quest-board fodder and stat boosters for the week (especially if you're trying to farm for decent Growth which doesn't seem to show up in the wild as much as other stats, at least at low and medium tiers), and you may as well dump your surplus guild points on something. And if you like monsters more than humans, upgrading the exotics market is something you may as well do when you can, though it's thankfully not as necessary as it used to be since you can just grab the race you want with a decent name and then upgrade them yourself if you have to. It just takes a bit longer than grabbing someone who is good to begin with.

Basically I think the current setup allows for some flexibility in how you want to go about getting things done, which IMO is always nice.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes