khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I actually didn't notice the new section where you can buy skills with skill points rather than just the usual class upgrade when you level up. Definitely a much more flexible and interesting leveling system now. You can really get some interesting combinations now and picking a specific race is not as much of an advantage or disadvantage as it used to be.

I do still wish the quests were set up so it gave you a few different choices and you could pick one instead of only having one choice. It's not uncommon for some of the choices to be impossible within the given time frame so you can wind up just doing zero quests for one of the guilds some of the time. My current game just gave me a quest to turn in 3 uncraftable items that I've hardly ever seen drop in a dungeon. The mage guild seems to be the worst about those. Would be nice if each guild had maybe a fighting quest, a crafting quest, and a slave quest and you could pick whichever one you wanted.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I actually didn't notice the new section where you can buy skills with skill points rather than just the usual class upgrade when you level up. Definitely a much more flexible and interesting leveling system now. You can really get some interesting combinations now and picking a specific race is not as much of an advantage or disadvantage as it used to be.

I do still wish the quests were set up so it gave you a few different choices and you could pick one instead of only having one choice. It's not uncommon for some of the choices to be impossible within the given time frame so you can wind up just doing zero quests for one of the guilds some of the time. My current game just gave me a quest to turn in 3 uncraftable items that I've hardly ever seen drop in a dungeon. The mage guild seems to be the worst about those. Would be nice if each guild had maybe a fighting quest, a crafting quest, and a slave quest and you could pick whichever one you wanted.
Normally the requestsed Items can be bought in the shop of Alirion, you should visit it each day in such a case... also save before advanceing to next day since that's when the game generate the offers in the store.
If time is short reloafd and advance again, the shop will have other items than

BodaciousBoar

Jun 13, 2019
Dunno if others have found this or not but you can glitch the game into giving you 4(solo run) or 5(default run) starting characters. Enter a sandbox run, return to main menu via the button at the bottem and then enter into a default or solo run.
It will glitch the screen after creating the first character and you need to go through the intro dialog about the debt but after that you can create the 3 characters from sandbox one after another to get a massive head start.
I tested this false start bug and it seems to work with Sandbox and Advanced starts backing out and then selecting Default or Solo, same as you I got the intro dialogue and then had to make 2-3 characters depending on the false start. I tried doing Default into Default and Solo but it didn't trigger this bug. Also wasn't able to get it to work with Survival to Advanced or Advanced to Survival. Weird!

Ducksssss

Feb 13, 2021
New dungeon recruiting mechanic seems bugged. You get them all the time but the recruit button does nothing so they can only be sold. Maybe I'll try it with a new save.

EDIT^2:My old save was only 2 versions old but apparently that's enough to break dungeon events of all things.

Last edited:

cathjenny

Aug 31, 2018
As a preg/incest fetishist I love this “Family Creating” game. Hope there will be a mod for customizing classes or races someday.

Reactions: GmFn1869

Adlai

Oct 24, 2019
3. Minor issue with the Centipeded seeming unreasonably strong for the area it's in. It's usually in the back row, there are frequently 2 of them, the other stuff they spawn with are relatively tough, and it can 1 shot most people. I didn't find any notable weakness for it either unlike most other units. Most units have at least 1 damage type that deals massive damage to it. Maybe I missed one but physical, earth, wind, fire, mind all did little to no damage to it. By contrast I was able to 1 shot the ogres at the end with mind attacks. I don't have anyone that does water/ice damage yet.
Centipede is, IIRC, weak to air (lightning) and light. as a result, Holy attack and Holy lance both work against them pretty well for melee characters.

Actually, in the ancient jungle dungeons, everything but the raptor is weak against light. In fact, light is such a common weakness throughout this game that I've basically been maining Valkyrie for ages.

If you have the resources, considering getting Armorpen on all your melee characters as well.

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Actually, in the ancient jungle dungeons, everything but the raptor is weak against light. In fact, light is such a common weakness throughout this game that I've basically been maining Valkyrie for ages.
I'd disagree with that... by observation the number of enemies being weak to light isn't that high, the majority seems to be weak to either earth or water, followed by fire, air, light and darkness.
Mind is rather rare as normally only golems (of any Element) are weak to it.
If you we take a look at NOT being resistant to one of those the order changes though

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I find that most enemies in this game take decent damage from earth so I've been giving almost everyone either overgrowth or earth shatter. That's my bread and butter AOE. Then I just need a few single target attacks of other damage types to deal with the things that are resistant to earth. I also like attacks with stuns and debuffs for those tough targets that can't be killed in 1 round.

Early on I devote most of my effort to filling my roster with slaves that have great growth and then using random slaves from the bandit fort to upgrade all of their other stats to excellent so they can level up and get some useful stats and abilities faster.

Adlai

Oct 24, 2019
I'd disagree with that... by observation the number of enemies being weak to light isn't that high, the majority seems to be weak to either earth or water, followed by fire, air, light and darkness.
Mind is rather rare as normally only golems (of any Element) are weak to it.
If you we take a look at NOT being resistant to one of those the order changes though
Pretty much everything higher than bandits has earth resistance.
And killing bandits is pretty unrewarding.

Everything in the crypts is weak to light. almost everything in the jungle and fire depths are also weak to light.

I can't remember the last time I fought a goblin, and couldn't name their weaknesses off the top of my head if I tried.

Edit: Spellcasting is strong in this game, but because magic classes never get speed buffs, most of my battles are over before they even get to move.

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Pretty much everything higher than bandits has earth resistance.
And killing bandits is pretty unrewarding.

Everything in the crypts is weak to light. almost everything in the jungle and fire depths are also weak to light.

I can't remember the last time I fought a goblin, and couldn't name their weaknesses off the top of my head if I tried.
Raptors are weak to Earth aswell, any Bandits and Goblins is aswell.
Gryphon, Bandit mage and Balista is weak to Fire.
Maneater plant and Centepede is weak against Air.
Trolls are weak against Mind and Air.
Bandits, any Fire enemies, aswell as Beetles are weak against Water.
the only ones being especially weak against Light are Assasins and Undeads.
I haven't checked all bosses in the Fire Dungeons, but as I recall atleast the 3 pillars are also weak against Air and Mind.
Raptors are strong against Light btw.

Adlai

Oct 24, 2019
Maneater plant, Centepede, Fire enemies, as well as Beetles
These are all weak to light. Not sure about the troll, I'd have to check.

Only things not weak to light in the fire depths are salamanders and cenotaphs.
Only thing not weak to light in the jungle is raptors.

And if you're fighting bandits- yes, I can see not using light. Use earth shatter instead.

Edit: maneaters are also straight immune to earth. As are most of the 'fire enemies', of which there are a couples types.

Edit: and salamanders aren't resistant to light, btw. just not weak to it.

Edit: apparently, gryphons are neither weak nor strong against light. Same with ogre mages- although the other two ogre types are. Still need to find a troll

edit: Found a troll. Weak to light.

Last edited:

Haamster

Jul 11, 2020
there should be some way to repeatably spend loyalty points after you've unlocked everything, my starting slave has nearly 500 loyalty and nothing left to buy.

maybe a skill that lets you spend 100 loyalty in a maxxed out slave to give 20 loyalty to every slave in the same zone?

BodaciousBoar

Jun 13, 2019
I have a question, if you main character dies while having a heir you gonna play has the heir?
Combat "death" just means they're out for the rest of that combat and need to rest for I believe 15 time-turns before they can fight again. Party wipe just game overs and you load a save. There is no permanent character loss from combat.

Reactions: Eve de Rothchild
Dec 15, 2019
Combat "death" just means they're out for the rest of that combat and need to rest for I believe 15 time-turns before they can fight again. Party wipe just game overs and you load a save. There is no permanent character loss from combat.
Thanks, but why the game have heirs now? Maverick plan putting death of characters?

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
These are all weak to light. Not sure about the troll, I'd have to check.

Only things not weak to light in the fire depths are salamanders and cenotaphs.
Only thing not weak to light in the jungle is raptors.

And if you're fighting bandits- yes, I can see not using light. Use earth shatter instead.

Edit: maneaters are also straight immune to earth. As are most of the 'fire enemies', of which there are a couples types.

Edit: and salamanders aren't resistant to light, btw. just not weak to it.

Edit: apparently, gryphons are neither weak nor strong against light. Same with ogre mages- although the other two ogre types are. Still need to find a troll

edit: Found a troll. Weak to light.
A significant consideration for me is how quickly you can unlock the AOE version of the different attack types. Most of the best AOEs require either advanced magic or advanced melee. Earth is a nice exception to that with Overgrowth only requiring Druid (for the races that qualify) and Earth Shatter being easily unlocked by Ranger for anyone who can't be a Druid (Druid is superior IMO). Most of the other good AOEs require a lot more work to get. So late game they might be nice, but early game you're probably getting either Overgrowth or Earth Shatter unless you plan on only doing the goblin cave and bandit cave for an extended period of time.

Overgrowth and Earth Shatter can reliably take out almost everything in the Goblin cave, the Bandit cave, the Bandit fort, the grove, and the crypt with the few resistant enemies all being easily taken out by either fire or mind attacks. The jungle is the first place that doesn't work because of the centipedes.

Also the bandit fort seems to be the most reliable way to acquire and upgrade high quality slaves. At the beginning of the game almost all of the slaves available in the slave market or the guilds have terrible growth. You can get slaves with great growth from the bandit fort, but it's random so unless you get lucky you'll have to clear it a lot to get a reasonable number of them, but the supply of slaves with excellent in 1 or more stats to use for upgrading is pretty reliable.

Haamster

Jul 11, 2020
A significant consideration for me is how quickly you can unlock the AOE version of the different attack types. Most of the best AOEs require either advanced magic or advanced melee. Earth is a nice exception to that with Overgrowth only requiring Druid (for the races that qualify) and Earth Shatter being easily unlocked by Ranger for anyone who can't be a Druid (Druid is superior IMO). Most of the other good AOEs require a lot more work to get. So late game they might be nice, but early game you're probably getting either Overgrowth or Earth Shatter unless you plan on only doing the goblin cave and bandit cave for an extended period of time.

Overgrowth and Earth Shatter can reliably take out almost everything in the Goblin cave, the Bandit cave, the Bandit fort, the grove, and the crypt with the few resistant enemies all being easily taken out by either fire or mind attacks. The jungle is the first place that doesn't work because of the centipedes.

Also the bandit fort seems to be the most reliable way to acquire and upgrade high quality slaves. At the beginning of the game almost all of the slaves available in the slave market or the guilds have terrible growth. You can get slaves with great growth from the bandit fort, but it's random so unless you get lucky you'll have to clear it a lot to get a reasonable number of them, but the supply of slaves with excellent in 1 or more stats to use for upgrading is pretty reliable.
Plus the bandit fort has wood and stone, the two materials required the most for early upgrading (even if buying them from the market is probably better)

Adlai

Oct 24, 2019

Either I wasn't very clear, or you didn't understand what I was trying to say.

You can get slaves from anywhere- and the ones from later dungeons have better odds of being higher quality. You can also get valuable materials that can't be easily gotten any other way.
That being said, You get a lot more "rolls" going after bandits, which is nice but once you have one slave max'd out, there really isn't a reason to run bandits any more.

Pretty much every light attack (for melee) can be unlocked through classes, negating the need for skill points. That being said, earth shatter is my first skillpoint purchase- because early game stuff is mostly weak to earth (Goblins are mostly weak to fire, but their HP is so low it hardly matters)

I do use casters but- simple truth is that, 95 out of 100 fights, my three melee characters will have killed the entire enemy party before the enemy, or my casters even get to move. A spear wielding Valkyrie (with no other classes) gets +15 speed. If you pick up phys boosting classes, your speed rating will only grow. There are no magic classes that buff speed, so unless you are picking up rogue or archer classes on the side (which is pretty inefficient, especially now with classes being limited) then your caster will be left in the dust by mid game.

Plus the bandit fort has wood and stone, the two materials required the most for early upgrading (even if buying them from the market is probably better)
If you bother to kit your slaves and use your skills, you can easily get hundreds+ units of stone per slave per day just from straight mining. There really isn't a reason to grind dungeons for it, travel time and cost alone make it less efficient for low tier materials.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 45 Votes