Adlai

Oct 24, 2019
The single target light attacks do good damage but they're all melee attacks I believe. So the AOE is probably best off on a race more suited to magic like a fairy and the single target damage on a more melee oriented race.
Only AoE light melee attack in the game is Holy lance- which, for whatever reason, is a Valkyrie exclusive. It also does 100% atk, which isn't bad for an AoE, even a limited one.

Yes, this is why I always run Seraph > Valk for my melee characters.

Most of the other racial battle skill (for melee) are meh- exception being Dragons might, which is definitely better if you aren't building around the idea that you can finish every battle in 1-2 turns. Hammerfall getting switched to earth is a bit of a nerf in the mid to late game.

Radiance probably has the lowest Matk rating of any AoE spell. Still, it has some uses. Holy light hits decently hard, but light is generally better on melee characters IMO. BTW, Templar also empowers light magic, and despite the icon for it's ability being a sword, Righteous fire does spell damage.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Only AoE light melee attack in the game is Holy lance- which, for whatever reason, is a Valkyrie exclusive. It also does 100% atk, which isn't bad for an AoE, even a limited one.
Last time I checked it was a pierce attack meaning it allowed to attack enemies in a row
AoE is either attacking enemies in a collumn or all enemies at once

Adlai

Oct 24, 2019
Last time I checked it was a pierce attack meaning it allowed to attack enemies in a row
AoE is either attacking enemies in a collumn or all enemies at once
Well, if you want to call it pierce, that's fine.

Maximum number of enemies on the screen is 6, If you have three valks, you can hit them all. Most of the time, that's enough to end a fight before anyone else even gets to move.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I generally go with two Dragon Knights and one Valk for my front line, and three mages for the back row. I usually skip the AoE skills since they got nerfed a couple of updates ago and just make sure that each character has as many different elemental skills as possible. That way I have a very good chance of nailing each enemy with one shot.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I agree with the Setup of 2 Dragonkin and one Seraph at the Front and 1-2 Fairies and 1-2 Dark Elves in the Back to wrack hawock among my enemies, this setup allows to deal with all enemies even before you unlock the advanced classes

Fuscen

Dec 21, 2020
I usually skip the AoE skills since they got nerfed a couple of updates ago and just make sure that each character has as many different elemental skills as possible.
I'm several updates behind but I second this. Ever since the nerf to AoE spells I've prioritized single-target spells' ability to guarantee a kill on priority targets (fast, ranged glass cannons like the bandit assassin).

Maybe if natural mana regen isn't so slow we could have an option to "infuse" AoE spells with mana so they actually do decent damage. I'll also settle for a second move bar. A long overdue quality of life improvement imo.

NajaNaga

Jan 28, 2021
The single target light attacks do good damage but they're all melee attacks I believe.
No, there's a single-target light spell IIRC. I don't have time to open the game rn but I think it's this "Holy Light" on the wiki, although the combat icon hasn't been uploaded for it. But "Divine Radiance" next to it says it's the AOE.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I'm several updates behind but I second this. Ever since the nerf to AoE spells I've prioritized single-target spells' ability to guarantee a kill on priority targets (fast, ranged glass cannons like the bandit assassin).

Maybe if natural mana regen isn't so slow we could have an option to "infuse" AoE spells with mana so they actually do decent damage. I'll also settle for a second move bar. A long overdue quality of life improvement imo.
I actually find the AOEs more powerful overall than the single target stuff still for everything but the bosses. 1 Overgrowth will kill everything in the bandit fort except the leader, the ballista, and the stone golem. 2 Radiance will kill everything in the jungle except the final boss. Most of the melee AOEs I've tried do a bit less damage than the magic ones but a lot of times they also have a nice debuff. 1 or 2 Radiance will kill pretty much everything in the crypt as well. Decay would be nice except a lot of things seem to be resistant to dark magic.

I haven't tried some of the classes locked behind the guild shop yet like the archmage, assassin, sniper, etc, but some of those look pretty strong as well.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
No, there's a single-target light spell IIRC. I don't have time to open the game rn but I think it's this "Holy Light" on the wiki, although the combat icon hasn't been uploaded for it. But "Divine Radiance" next to it says it's the AOE.
Holy light is indeed a single target Holy Element spell dealing 100% MATK
I actually find the AOEs more powerful overall than the single target stuff still for everything but the bosses. 1 Overgrowth will kill everything in the bandit fort except the leader, the ballista, and the stone golem. 2 Radiance will kill everything in the jungle except the final boss. Most of the melee AOEs I've tried do a bit less damage than the magic ones but a lot of times they also have a nice debuff. 1 or 2 Radiance will kill pretty much everything in the crypt as well. Decay would be nice except a lot of things seem to be resistant to dark magic.

I haven't tried some of the classes locked behind the guild shop yet like the archmage, assassin, sniper, etc, but some of those look pretty strong as well.
2 radiances kill anything except targets with around 1000 HP or those being resistand to Holy damage

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Holy light is indeed a single target Holy Element spell dealing 100% MATK

2 radiances kill anything except targets with around 1000 HP or those being resistand to Holy damage
Right. If there's a boss involved I'll drop a radiance to do some damage to everything and apply that magic debuff, then follow it up with another AOE that kills everything but the boss. Then single target damage to the boss. So basically 2 people clear everything except the boss and the other 4 can focus fire the boss down. So it's very rare to see a fight last longer than 1 round unless you're talking about a boss with a buff that gives him more than 2000 hp.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

TheHalfWit

Oct 8, 2022
If anyone else playing the new update (Win x64 version 42) runs into a softlock due to being unable to get the divine symbol, you can skip past it by editing your save.

Look for the "active_quests" in the save file. It should say something like this:

Change it from stage1 to stage 3.

Then search for the "blessed_divine_symbol" in the materials section and set it to one

Unlocking the church itself took more than 30s and I'm feeling lazy, so this is all you get. Sorry.

Edit:
Also, if the time based quests are not procing, like Daisy's quest, it might be broken. In that there's some flag called "broken" set that prevents it from playing. No idea.

Search your save file for Daisy. Start from the bottom and go up, it should be the second thing you find. It'll have a tag that says something like "broken: true", just delete this line. And then change the date to be one further out so it procs when you hit that date.

That's how you trigger the church event I was too easy to sort out earlier too.

It's still broken, stage4 will let you jump to the next step. I got stuck because duncan didn't seem to notice I had the divine symbol. So I had it set at stage3 and couldn't advance to stage4.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I prefer having max'd charm on my protag (to make social skills more efficient. You start with them no matter what, might as well get use out of em.) Which kind of closes off being a mage. First slave is always a mage, and yes I'll make a point to pick up thief on her.

Having to train two separate stats does slow down the early game a little bit, but I am usually able to cludge up enough gear and stats to clear out dungeons by mid-week 2.
I started over for the billionth time and tried a max charisma, max sex start and I'll have to say that does work better than what I was doing before. It gives you more dates and more sex interactions that first week as well as more effective boosts to your slaves loyalty and consent during those interactions. So that means more skill training via dates and more xp via sex. I can still follow the same plan I normally do regarding a heavy combat focus early on, it just makes clearing the goblin cave on day 1 slightly harder since I have terrible physical and terrible wits so my combat skills are absolute crap.

What I did this time is start off with a Fairy MC and a Seraph 1st slave. MC has max cha and sex which means the only useful class I can pick is acolyte. 1st slave has max physical, max wits, max magic and takes apprentice and the mage staff purely so she can open locks in the goblin cave before anyone has thief.

So day 1 fish/cook meat soup for a couple of turns til I can make my slave datable, then date her and train charisma boosting her consent and giving her combatant, then it's off to the goblin cave where she mostly kills everything with mind blast and my MC is mostly just there for heals initially. Goblin cave gets me a scroll and a few random slaves to sell/sacrifice. I get unlucky on slaves and don't find any excellent stats so I sac a couple to boost MC's wits and magic to good so he can grab Apprentice when he levels up. 1st slave gets fighter so she can switch to physical attacks and start working towards Valkrie.

Day 2 I date my first slave again, fuck her, and clear out the bandit cave twice getting me a bunch more random slaves to boost my terrible stats to something useable and another few excellent. Also picked up one with good growth and one with great growth to use for boosting Daisy's growth. MC grabs thief to open locks and boost his wits faster, 1st slave gets acolyte to help out with healing. I buy a 2nd staff in the shop so I don't have to keep swapping the staff back and forth for heals.

Day 3 I pick up Daisy, boost her growth to great, give her combantant and a dagger, and go clear out the bandit den 2 more times.

Day 4 I get Druid on my MC and pick up fire arrow for everyone so now I can start clearing the bandit fort. MC picks up archer, 1st slave gets Valkrie, Daisy gets archer and apprentice. MC has to have max sex skill for the speed boost to do the fort this early unless you wait to pick up archer first because you have to be able to go before the assassins.

Day 5 I go get Cali and upgrade her growth to great with a couple of random good/great slaves from the bandit fort.

I hold out for excellent stats as much as possible but I will boost a stat from terrible to good if I need it for a class upgrade early on even though it means I'm wasting money upgrading the same stat twice.

By the end of week 1 MC, and my first slave have excellent in everything except growth and I've started working on Daisy and Cali and parked a random slave with ok physical in the mansion to work on the forge/mansion rooms upgrades.

Edit: Timeline above is slightly off, I forgot that I picked up archer on my 1st slave before Valkrie to speed up melee skill increases.

Here's where I ended up at the end of week 1 using the max cha/sex start:

week1_mansion.jpg week1_mc.jpg week1_1st.jpg week1_daisy.jpg week1_cali.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Adlai

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
It's still broken, stage4 will let you jump to the next step. I got stuck because duncan didn't seem to notice I had the divine symbol. So I had it set at stage3 and couldn't advance to stage4.
I have a feeling there's going to be some broken quest that you'll need to fuck with the save file to fix. The entire quest system is kind of janky, and if anything ever goes wrong with it, the whole thing crashes and burns. And every patch has a couple new elements that add new ways to break it.

I should really write a proper save editor for this game that'll let you automate fixing this stuff. But I'm, honestly, just really lazy and overworked right now.

TheHalfWit

Oct 8, 2022
I have a feeling there's going to be some broken quest that you'll need to fuck with the save file to fix. The entire quest system is kind of janky, and if anything ever goes wrong with it, the whole thing crashes and burns. And every patch has a couple new elements that add new ways to break it.

I should really write a proper save editor for this game that'll let you automate fixing this stuff. But I'm, honestly, just really lazy and overworked right now.
The funny thing is that was the only main quest that didn't work properly for me. As I played up till what I'm 99% sure was the last playable quest, as my journal is empty. Looking at my save with a text editor shows one side quest as broken, but I'm pretty sure how I broke it. I think I forgot a quest dungeon instead of entering it...

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
The funny thing is that was the only main quest that didn't work properly for me. As I played up till what I'm 99% sure was the last playable quest, as my journal is empty. Looking at my save with a text editor shows one side quest as broken, but I'm pretty sure how I broke it. I think I forgot a quest dungeon instead of entering it...
I've done that lol

Sometimes it doesn't properly remove the forget button to prevent you from doing that.

You can completely remove Cali from the game and make it impossible to find her doing that.

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Quality of life changes I wish we get.

1. Way to release subdue.
Dunno if there is but when you subdue someone during sexual interaction there isn't a way to lift it.

2. Show Obedience Drain and Loyalty Gain on the Character's Status on Mansion Menu. They can just slap it below the Total Loyalty. i use this to track who to use Serve, Allure or Sedate on and it's a hassle to check on their character status window.
While where at that, why not also give said skill "buffs" different icons :HideThePain:

Btw, description says Serve reduces Obedience drain but it doesn't.

Also dunno if it's a bug but some of my characters have their sex traits automatically turn off. Sometimes they don't even gain the ones listed in the Sex Interaction results.

BTW, what class is the one needed for interactions like the first encounter with the Demoness in the Mines? Thought it was Soul Eater or Dominator but it isn't lel. Also what does Soul Devour even do?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

Dunno if there is but when you subdue someone during sexual interaction there isn't a way to lift it.

2. Show Obedience Drain and Loyalty Gain on the Character's Status on Mansion Menu. They can just slap it below the Total Loyalty. i use this to track who to use Serve, Allure or Sedate on and it's a hassle to check on their character status window.
While where at that, why not also give said skill "buffs" different icons :HideThePain:

Also dunno if it's a bug but some of my characters have their sex traits automatically turn off. Sometimes they don't even gain the ones listed in the Sex Interaction results.

BTW, what class is the one needed for interactions like the first encounter with the Demoness in the Mines? Thought it was Soul Eater or Dominator but it isn't lel. Also what does Soul Devour even do?
To get the dev to see this you need to jump on the discord linked either here in the OP or on the website and post there, this dev does not come here so will never see it.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020

You have to unlock all of the hidden sex traits with a character before you are allowed to select which ones are active for them.

chichong

May 7, 2020

Bottom right window. Active actions are underlined. Just click on them to become inactive.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes