sgb3

Dec 14, 2019
Haven't played this in a while, but what the hell did they do to the upgrade system? Now you have to sacrifice slaves to upgrade your other slaves, instead of just using XP? Excuse me what? Also you get like 5-6 free slaves every dungeon run now, without requiring any kind of special mechanic to do so. Often really good ones, better than you can buy in the shops. People rightly complained they missed being able to grab people in the wild, but this seems like excessive overcompensation.

Maybe I was mistaken to defend this, these are just weird choices.

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
New minor update:
Maverik on Discord said:
0.6.6d Conquest Release

Most scenes and events have been added to gallery
Added text to Mae's blowjob scene and illustrations to ritual
Added setting option to disable background animation (for those users who have it flickering)
Slightly nerfed basic stats for some of common races
Fixed scenes at the end of arc 2
Fixed Holy Sword's bonus damage and crit rate
Fixed Devour skill description
Fixed Lira's sprite
Pet and Natural Pet should be interchangeable for quests
Reduced settlement number and rebalanced their materials. Also added task to search for recruits at settlements

Reactions: NajaNaga

Sassazael

Jul 26, 2020
I started over for the billionth time and tried a max charisma, max sex start and I'll have to say that does work better than what I was doing before. It gives you more dates and more sex interactions that first week as well as more effective boosts to your slaves loyalty and consent during those interactions. So that means more skill training via dates and more xp via sex. I can still follow the same plan I normally do regarding a heavy combat focus early on, it just makes clearing the goblin cave on day 1 slightly harder since I have terrible physical and terrible wits so my combat skills are absolute crap.

What I did this time is start off with a Fairy MC and a Seraph 1st slave. MC has max cha and sex which means the only useful class I can pick is acolyte. 1st slave has max physical, max wits, max magic and takes apprentice and the mage staff purely so she can open locks in the goblin cave before anyone has thief.

So day 1 fish/cook meat soup for a couple of turns til I can make my slave datable, then date her and train charisma boosting her consent and giving her combatant, then it's off to the goblin cave where she mostly kills everything with mind blast and my MC is mostly just there for heals initially. Goblin cave gets me a scroll and a few random slaves to sell/sacrifice. I get unlucky on slaves and don't find any excellent stats so I sac a couple to boost MC's wits and magic to good so he can grab Apprentice when he levels up. 1st slave gets fighter so she can switch to physical attacks and start working towards Valkrie.

Day 2 I date my first slave again, fuck her, and clear out the bandit cave twice getting me a bunch more random slaves to boost my terrible stats to something useable and another few excellent. Also picked up one with good growth and one with great growth to use for boosting Daisy's growth. MC grabs thief to open locks and boost his wits faster, 1st slave gets acolyte to help out with healing. I buy a 2nd staff in the shop so I don't have to keep swapping the staff back and forth for heals.

Day 3 I pick up Daisy, boost her growth to great, give her combantant and a dagger, and go clear out the bandit den 2 more times.

Day 4 I get Druid on my MC and pick up fire arrow for everyone so now I can start clearing the bandit fort. MC picks up archer, 1st slave gets Valkrie, Daisy gets archer and apprentice. MC has to have max sex skill for the speed boost to do the fort this early unless you wait to pick up archer first because you have to be able to go before the assassins.

Day 5 I go get Cali and upgrade her growth to great with a couple of random good/great slaves from the bandit fort.

I hold out for excellent stats as much as possible but I will boost a stat from terrible to good if I need it for a class upgrade early on even though it means I'm wasting money upgrading the same stat twice.

By the end of week 1 MC, and my first slave have excellent in everything except growth and I've started working on Daisy and Cali and parked a random slave with ok physical in the mansion to work on the forge/mansion rooms upgrades.

Edit: Timeline above is slightly off, I forgot that I picked up archer on my 1st slave before Valkrie to speed up melee skill increases.

Here's where I ended up at the end of week 1 using the max cha/sex start:

View attachment 2238426 View attachment 2238427 View attachment 2238428 View attachment 2238429 View attachment 2238430
I've been wondering how the hell you managed to gain 35 loyalty on day one.
I can only manage to generate 30, which is 5 less than you need to get combatant before day 2.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I've been wondering how the hell you managed to gain 35 loyalty on day one.
I can only manage to generate 30, which is 5 less than you need to get combatant before day 2.
combatants should only require 25 unless you also unlocked dating and than haveing high charmfactor on MC should grant you quiet alot.
Haveing higher tame (avarage+) on the slave increases the effects of gracious actions aswell

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
combatants should only require 25 unless you also unlocked dating and than haveing high charmfactor on MC should grant you quiet alot.
Haveing higher tame (avarage+) on the slave increases the effects of gracious actions aswell
Right. You can also slightly improve on the timing if you get lucky with the shop and find a leather collar and/or the underwear that gives loyalty to buy for your first slave. They're not always available. CHA increasing items for MC can also slightly improve your results from the date, but again also not always available.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Right. You can also slightly improve on the timing if you get lucky with the shop and find a leather collar and/or the underwear that gives loyalty to buy for your first slave. They're not always available. CHA increasing items for MC can also slightly improve your results from the date, but again also not always available.
The Dates calculate their rewards based on the Factors, the stats factor into the skills calculation only in regards to master/slave interactions

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
Is there any way to raise a factor by more than 1 at a time? I could have sworn you could just to the sacrificial slave's factor in a single step, but in the current version you're only able to do one at a time. It'd be nice if you could spend extra money to boost it quicker.

The Dates calculate their rewards based on the Factors, the stats factor into the skills calculation only in regards to master/slave interactions
That's true, but he's not entirely wrong even if he got it backwards. Having higher charm should help with your day 1 social skill for a bit of extra boost. It doesn't help the date, but it still helps with the goal of boosting loyalty a bit further right away.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Is there any way to raise a factor by more than 1 at a time? I could have sworn you could just to the sacrificial slave's factor in a single step, but in the current version you're only able to do one at a time. It'd be nice if you could spend extra money to boost it quicker.

That's true, but he's not entirely wrong even if he got it backwards. Having higher charm should help with your day 1 social skill for a bit of extra boost. It doesn't help the date, but it still helps with the goal of boosting loyalty a bit further right away.
Yeah what I meant by that was that it seems like you can max out a girl's mood during the date faster if your cha is higher. At the beginning of the game without any cha items, you're more likely to have one of your mood boosting choices fail and actually make her mood worse instead of better.

I don't know if this is optimal but what I do is pick options that raise mood until her mood is maxed out and then pick the training option. That gives both MC and the girl some skill pts, raises her consent and loyalty, and if you have sex unlocked for her it also triggers a sex encounter right after the training which gives xp. Also buying a cha item pretty much guarantees the discount for Daisy on day 3. Sometimes I fail to get the discount without one.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Yeah what I meant by that was that it seems like you can max out a girl's mood during the date faster if your cha is higher. At the beginning of the game without any cha items, you're more likely to have one of your mood boosting choices fail and actually make her mood worse instead of better.

I don't know if this is optimal but what I do is pick options that raise mood until her mood is maxed out and then pick the training option. That gives both MC and the girl some skill pts, raises her consent and loyalty, and if you have sex unlocked for her it also triggers a sex encounter right after the training which gives xp. Also buying a cha item pretty much guarantees the discount for Daisy on day 3. Sometimes I fail to get the discount without one.
If your MC is of the beastkin (includeing halfkins) Daisy can be obtained for free... (starting as a Fox(half-)kin) is one of the best starts if you aim for a charm build master/mistress.

MingCR

Oct 18, 2019
Before I download this, can sb tell me please if this has better mod support than the prequel?
It was pretty much impossible to use more than two mods at once without something breaking in that.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Before I download this, can sb tell me please if this has better mod support than the prequel?
It was pretty much impossible to use more than two mods at once without something breaking in that.
This isn't really to a point where modding is very efficient. The game code changes frequently still as systems are still being refined. While I imagine it will be mod-friendly eventually.. This is still largely an alpha project.

zeltop

Jan 26, 2021
there are load methods for data (items, races whatever) and class extensions for scripts and ui, so its way better than s4p

kanuan69

Oct 30, 2020
Is the game better or worse in terms of the first one? love strive 1 but i am really not sure about strive 2

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Is the game better or worse in terms of the first one? love strive 1 but i am really not sure about strive 2
They are 2 different games and each have there own charm and ways to play.

This is not, I repeat not the same as SfP and should be played as a new game.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
In it's present state it's missing something the Strive 1 had. However, IF it finds that 'missing something' then it could be even better. I like the new feeling and detail of managing tasks, but it still doesn't feel as if these characters are anything more than mindless robots. There needs to be some system of interconnectivity between the girls. Random generated events that add some personality to them.

Reactions: Saburo. M

kanuan69

Oct 30, 2020
After playing it for atleast 6 hours (no mods) i can say the pros and cons in my opinion.

Pros:
-not finished (it can be better)
-better graphics
-better battle system
-better character costumization

Cons:
-poorly optimized (if i can run max settings red dead 2 at 60 fps but not this something is wrong)
-worse map system
-worse slaves
-worse shop
-worse equipment system
-worse stat system
-worse sex mechanics
-worse status system
-worse mansion

Other than that everything is in a grey area for me

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Several updates have come out and I will post them here.

0.6.6a
Fixed erebus stone enemy/hammerfall skill
Fixed certain events not working properly due to recent changes
Fixed skills missing names
0.6.6b
Fixed some mod issues
Fixed a certain lock out option during arc 1 questline
Fixed a certain case when Cali quest was unprogressable
Fixed Lilia's quest not consume money in one of the options
Fixed some parts of the quest texts not translating variables
Fixed a bug where you could purchase guild upgrades with no limit
Added additional quest step to Cali's questline to make it easier to figure
Added gameover when you run out of money on tax day
Added character description missing for different body types (e.g. centaur bottom parts)
Other minor tweaks and fixes

Christmas Release
0.6.6c
Added christmas event
Added small event with cali and zephyra
Added one new interaction to beastkin village
Added some missing event illustrations
Updated most event monochrome illustrations
Fixed market not being interactive if all characters have been purchased
Fixed multiple events
daisy_chrismas_promo.jpg

0.6.6d Conquest Release

Most scenes and events have been added to gallery
Added text to Mae's blowjob scene and illustrations to ritual
Added setting option to disable background animation (for those users who have it flickering)
Slightly nerfed basic stats for some of common races
Fixed scenes at the end of arc 2
Fixed Holy Sword's bonus damage and crit rate
Fixed Devour skill description
Fixed Lira's sprite
Pet and Natural Pet should be interchangeable for quests
Reduced settlement number and rebalanced their materials. Also added task to search for recruits at settlements

0.6.7 Release

Added new repeatable quest type
Adjusted initial resources for settlements
Corrected scene gallery unlocks
Fixed multiple quests and image errors
UPq2KJ.jpg

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
A whole lot of fixes for sure, but the inbalance of combat versus management is still not adressed.
I am quiet disappointed actually... anyone knows wether there are plans on that regard?
I think there are several possibilities without changeing that much of the main mechanics of the game, includeing getting some old mechanics from the first game back

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
A whole lot of fixes for sure, but the inbalance of combat versus management is still not adressed.
I am quiet disappointed actually... anyone knows wether there are plans on that regard?
I think there are several possibilities without changeing that much of the main mechanics of the game, includeing getting some old mechanics from the first game back
You can go on there Discord and talk to them every day, that is if you want to.
That way you can suggest and let them know what you think needs changing.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
You can go on there Discord and talk to them every day, that is if you want to.
That way you can suggest and let them know what you think needs changing.
I have made my experience with Discord before and won't return to that... even if I never was in that particular one.
If you want to take care of that I don't mind shareing my thoughts here though.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes