Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
Have you ever played disciples/homm-like games enough that you are just willing to pay some efficiency for skipping boring fights?
No, but I have played RPGM games. My experience with these games is why I hate auto combat games.

agriasoaks

Oct 11, 2019
Question about crafting :

(1) How do you create a sword grip or weapon handle at all for weapons I check the crafting recipe and there are none for that ?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Question about crafting :

(1) How do you create a sword grip or weapon handle at all for weapons I check the crafting recipe and there are none for that ?
There is 2 sections when crafting top and bottom and you just put what you want in both and then make it.

Someone need to be put in the job as a smith.
Put the items you want to use in the top and bottom and choose how many you want to make.
Then start the time running again.
Strive for Power 2 2020-04-28 06-16-55-38.jpg Strive for Power 2 2020-04-28 06-17-01-50.jpg

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018
If I have one suggestion for this game, apologies if it has already been made, it's that I feel virgins should be rare and valuable. People buying slaves would pay top dollar for "fresh" ones so it seems odd that almost every slave is a virgin in either hole. I think playing the first game I only ever found a few that weren't and otherwise pretty much only a few bandits ever had a loose vagina.
In the variables file there is the option to set virgin chance to something else. Deflowering is a huge turn on for me so set mine up to 100

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
If everyone wants a virgin why would slave traders sell mostly non-virgins? That doesn't make much sense
Because not everyone would be rich enough? A virgin should be a high class item, claiming a virginity is something people pay big money for even in real life.
Virgins being everywhere in a land full of bandits and rapists just seems silly.

Sewyoba

Jul 22, 2018
Because not everyone would be rich enough? A virgin should be a high class item, claiming a virginity is something people pay big money for even in real life.
Virgins being everywhere in a land full of bandits and rapists just seems silly.
You don't get it. Why would traders SELL non-virgins? You should be able to find lots of them everywhere, here I agree, but BUYING from the market it should be mostly virgins because, you know, there's a demand for them.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
You don't get it. Why would traders SELL non-virgins? You should be able to find lots of them everywhere, here I agree, but BUYING from the market it should be mostly virgins because, you know, there's a demand for them.
So your saying only virgins are to be sold?

Sewyoba

Jul 22, 2018
So your saying only virgins are to be sold?
Imagine yourself being a slaver in a world where people buy virgins for higher price and non-virgins for much lower. Would you be more likely to hunt precisely virgins and don't bother with non-virgins? In games like that with players (given time and inventory limitations) would most certainly sell virgins to market - and NPC trade should emulate that to a certain degree.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Imagine yourself being a slaver in a world where people buy virgins for higher price and non-virgins for much lower. Would you be more likely to hunt precisely virgins and don't bother with non-virgins? In games like that with players (given time and inventory limitations) would most certainly sell virgins to market - and NPC trade should emulate that to a certain degree.
Yes but this is not really for that where everyone is equal virgin or not.
The other game had extra money for virgins and this one may get that to you just need to remember this is a very early build in the alpha style of games.
It just now got out of being a tech demo.

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018
I have it set so males are very rare as are futas, in a world of mostly women virginity is harder to lose ...

Reactions: a1fox3

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I have it set so males are very rare as are futas, in a world of mostly women virginity is harder to lose ...
I have mind set to 0 for both with only females so virginity is all around for MC to take.

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
Because supply should be varied and not all traders are equal?

It's like wondering why your local jeweller in a crappy little town doesn't only have $50,000 antiques to sell, of course they don't a poor town like Frostford that can barely manage to feed its citizens shouldn't have an abundance of high quality items like that, that's some odd world building.

Virgins and more exotic species should at least be part of their own category that you need reputation to buy instead of being a mere 200 gold or less.

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
I really don't get the whole wanting to buy virgins when it is so easy to breed daughters that are always virgins.

There is a bug i noticed too about breeding. You can go over the limit of 30 population like this example.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I really don't get the whole wanting to buy virgins when it is so easy to breed daughters that are always virgins.

There is a bug i noticed too about breeding. You can go over the limit of 30 population like this example.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The pop limit has been told to the dev and may get fixed in the next update.

Reactions: AdamJohn36

AdamJohn36

Feb 12, 2019
The pop limit has been told to the dev and may get fixed in the next update.
My fingers are crossed in future updates we can use all those collected resources to expand that population limit. Wouldn't mind continuing to breed more daughters. :D

Reactions: Saburo. M

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018
My fingers are crossed in future updates we can use all those collected resources to expand that population limit. Wouldn't mind continuing to breed more daughters. :D
In variables there is an option to modify many things like how long the girls are pregnant for and how many people are added per upgrade and the maximum number of people. I have mine set to 120 with 20 base and 20 per upgrade

Reactions: AdamJohn36

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018
Also anyone liking the game but having issues with things like stats can modify src/classes.gd and under statgains can add in the brackets physics_factor = 1 to add one physical level. Others all have the _facyor but start with magic, wits, charm, tame, timid. Just don't mess with the master, or the breeder... Have not figured out how to do growth yet.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017

Strive: Conquest - Future plans
Hello everyone. It's a good time to give some more insights and thoughts on our current activity, so here you go.
Currently we are reformatting file structure in preparation for future mod system. I'm a bit sad we still can't offer enough to work with besides the base code.
Besides that, we have a plans for massive UI overhaul which will be happening in next few months. The GUI should become easier to work with and better to look at. I'll be sure to post some screenshots and details as more things become clear.
As a side note, we are also adding a system to store and load your character preset to make things less tedious for those, who like to start often.
That said, I plan to make a big break until next update and discuss some details about the overall direction. My next goal would most likely be a combat system which needs a serious balancing and variety updates. Enemies will be getting more tactical options, passive effects and so on. Exploration will have more events as well.
On other hand, eventually I plan to switch back to more sandbox-ish mechanics. Namely, I want to make settlements more interactive and resources more spreaded, probably also adding task options at the settlements which would include triggering events and gathering said resources. Perhaps, maybe add some sort of upgrade system to those (and removing some of the resource upgrades from mansion). The main thing holding me back is the limited amount of locations/areas in the current game, but maybe after the combat update we will focus on it. Dungeons might serve not just exp farming options but allow gathering of rare limited resources on their completion. The biggest question is if there should be personal inventories, but so far I try to avoid it as much as possible.
As for the story and new sidequests it's hard to say how soon there will be something new, but I hope the prologue has left a positive impression on you.
I'm still looking for writers btw (see discord announcements for details)
This is about all I wanted to say at this time. The next report will be focused on Displaced as I can finally take time to work on it while structure and gui are being redone. Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments. Thank you for your support and see you next month!

Reactions: Reij and AdamJohn36

Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
I would recommend more vendors at the start. This means vendors selling items at different price ranges. I've started almost every occupation only to find items not for sale or too expensive to buy on Day One. The only other thing would be making the other classes available at the start. The No requirement ones.

Hadrik

Feb 13, 2019
Love the first, this game's development has been saved on my watch list. Hopefully vanilla events and the like are plenty

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes