eyecourt

May 21, 2017
I think I must have missed something. I think I softlocked the game because the game is asking me to set up fighters I want to deal with Fred's kidnappers but there is no option to use the PC or their slaves, just remove, and no option to back out to rectify this.

erkper

May 16, 2018
I think I must have missed something. I think I softlocked the game because the game is asking me to set up fighters I want to deal with Fred's kidnappers but there is no option to use the PC or their slaves, just remove, and no option to back out to rectify this.
Did you try clicking on one of the empty positions in the formation? IIRC when you encounter this with no pool showing to add from, you can still add party members (anyone who travelled to that location) by clicking on the empty positions.

vadi9203

Aug 2, 2019
How can you get rid of the exhaustion of the slaves?. The character does not work, and the indicator drops every turn.
mittomen.png
If you are talking about this then it's not the exhaustion of the slaves but the obedience. (There is no exhaustion in this game)
mittomen2.png
Just unlock this in the training menu with the loyalty points you get for the slaves. If the obedience drop rate reach 0 then it will not go down anymore.

Cyrix98

Nov 13, 2018
so i downloaded this game and have no idea how to get the mods and portrait packs to work. i tried following everything step by step and still can't get it to work. does anyone have a download of all working mods and portrait packs in one that i can have?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
so i downloaded this game and have no idea how to get the mods and portrait packs to work. i tried following everything step by step and still can't get it to work. does anyone have a download of all working mods and portrait packs in one that i can have?
Its very easy and straight forward on how to get both working.
You need to go to the wiki and the discord site and they will help you get a working game going.

There is so many different body/portraits in the packs that the download is well over 4 Gb alone but you can only use 30 in the game, there is no way in hell anyone would make your game look like you want it too.

The portraits and body packs do not go in the game but in a separate place, for windows its in the Appdata area for the game.
I think for mods also so you will need to learn how to make them work on your computer anyway.

Cyrix98

Nov 13, 2018
Its very easy and straight forward on how to get both working.
You need to go to the wiki and the discord site and they will help you get a working game going.

There is so many different body/portraits in the packs that the download is well over 4 Gb alone but you can only use 30 in the game, there is no way in hell anyone would make your game look like you want it too.

The portraits and body packs do not go in the game but in a separate place, for windows its in the Appdata area for the game.
I think for mods also so you will need to learn how to make them work on your computer anyway.
thanks for the fast messege. i got the download for the unity pack to work so i'll just use that. is there a specific load order for the mods that is needed or is that a question for the discord?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
thanks for the fast messege. i got the download for the unity pack to work so i'll just use that. is there a specific load order for the mods that is needed or is that a question for the discord?
All mod related questions need to go to there discord for the best help out there.

Neterez

Jan 19, 2019
The quests The loan and First step are not completed and are simply in the journal, the requirements for them have been completed.

eyecourt

May 21, 2017
Did you try clicking on one of the empty positions in the formation? IIRC when you encounter this with no pool showing to add from, you can still add party members (anyone who travelled to that location) by clicking on the empty positions.
Strangely, when I pressed the empty slots, there was no options to add anyone to the roster against them, it would just be a blank window with close near the top.

BodaciousBoar

Jun 13, 2019
Strangely, when I pressed the empty slots, there was no options to add anyone to the roster against them, it would just be a blank window with close near the top.
If your characters aren't at the mansion you won't be able to pick them for the mission. I'm assuming you have your people elsewhere in a dungeon or harvesting? Send them back to the mansion then try the quest. If that's not it I'm as lost as you.

What do you mean you can only use 30? As in the game will only use 30 to pick for random portraits? I seem to have no problem accessing the lot when I custom apply. Little confused by what that is referring to in general.

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
If your characters aren't at the mansion you won't be able to pick them for the mission. I'm assuming you have your people elsewhere in a dungeon or harvesting? Send them back to the mansion then try the quest. If that's not it I'm as lost as you.

What do you mean you can only use 30? As in the game will only use 30 to pick for random portraits? I seem to have no problem accessing the lot when I custom apply. Little confused by what that is referring to in general.
You can only have a max of 30 NPC's in your mansion so you can only use 30 at a time of the body/portraits, yes you can see all of them but you still can only use 30 at a time.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
He just means that the household limit is 30 characters (unless you change the code), thus you could get by with 30 pictures. Though that would assume you keep the same ratio of races each times around. I try to shoot for 20 of each race maybe a few less for the rarer races.

Neterez

Jan 19, 2019
[ЦИТАТА="vadi9203, сообщение: 10231809, участник: 1560875"]
Thanks for the answer, but I figured it out a little before your answer. The problem is already different - the first two quests do not count.

Anduin

Mar 9, 2018
The quests The loan and First step are not completed and are simply in the journal, the requirements for them have been completed.
same, i rember encountering the very same bug at least a year ago, pretty sure I had to start over

Feb 24, 2020
game freezes up when i beat a dungeon level, log says this. how can i fix it?

SCRIPT ERROR: get_rolled_diff: Invalid get index 'diff' (on base: 'Dictionary').
At: <built-in>:1361
SCRIPT ERROR: generate_random_character_from_data: Invalid type in built-in function 'min'. Cannot convert argument 1 from Nil to float.
At: res://tmp/de_ch_stats.gd:750
SCRIPT ERROR: victory: Invalid call. Nonexistent function 'get_icon_small' in base 'Nil'.
At: res://gui_modules/Universal/Scripts/CombatV2Animated.gd:482

Reactions: raqraq and azmor

Shudokai

Dec 18, 2019
For some reason I can't assign my MC to the Combat group, this happened a bunch of times already, only fix for me was to start over completely :C

Also the Oblivion Potion even removes the Spouse Class, which is kind of silly since it cannot be obtained again for all I know :/

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Have only briefly tested the new version. The goblin cave and the bandit den are both still easy enough for just the main character plus your initial slave to clear out by themselves on day 1. Opening the lock for the chest at the end of the dungeon is a bit hit or miss since you won't have the thief class yet, but I was able to do it with a little save scumming some of the time. Seemed like it was about a 50% chance. My 1st slave started with apprentice so she used a wits attack to boost that stat during the first dungeon.

The goblin boss doesn't seem any harder than before to me. The bandit den boss does seem like he's got more health than he used to but was still pretty easy. I haven't tried the bandit fort yet but I suspect that may be significantly harder than before. Looking forward to trying it.

I still think initially no matter what your plan is for your eventual character development, it makes sense to initially focus on boosting wits first during combat so you can increase damage and healing capability which is very important to being able to clear out dungeons repeatedly early on. In my case I picked the acolyte class for my main character's starting class so I could heal and I gave my 1st slave apprentice for damage and the chance at opening locks.

For initial stats I still think max charisma and max sex skill makes the most sense for the main character even though it makes combat significantly harder initially. You can fix your other stats later, but doing so is now MUCH harder than it used to be since you have to upgrade every stat by 1 tier at a time. So you can't go directly from terrible to excellent for instance.

In my case I was able to upgrade my main character from terrible to average wits and magic on day 1 and my first slave from terrible physical to average on day 2. I'm playing on hard difficulty. That allowed me to pick up apprentice on my main, who is a fairy and fighter on my 1st slave who is a seraph. My stat choice on my 1st slave was a bit counterintuitive since I wanted to focus initially on wits. So even though she will eventually be focused on physical, I started her with terrible physical and excellent wits and magic.

They also seem to have given you a little bit of a boost on equipment starting out with your main starting with armor and you also start with 2 clubs in case there are no reasonable weapon options available in the shop that you can afford. So that's a nice touch for day 1.

Last edited:

HammerU89

Jan 13, 2019
Tried this new one but ran into the same problem with the previous one. After playing for a bit I get the black screen for about 5 to 10 seconds and then a AMD driver error pop-up. 5700XT so I cleaned my driver out with DDU and did a fresh install of the drivers but it happened again. Couldn't replicate it with any other games I play so no other choice but to send it packing.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes