DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
Their are three expansion mods not linked on the F95 page. One of them is a massive expansion mod from the previous game that has been worked on for a long time and has been ported to the new game. One of them is the revamp mod, and the last is a massive art expansion that is, I think, made to work with the paper doll system. This is what it ads graphics for: 5 thousand body and portrait sets, 22 thousand images including clothed, exposed, and pregnant, male and female, every race, hair color, etc. They are I think compatible with each other.

This includes graphics for basically a vast array of things.

A port of this
Are these mods compatible with one another? It seems like they'd pretty drastically change up the game when put together.

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
Sfcrevamp is nice, the changes are mostly good. I wish people would develop good builds for all the different jobs in revamp.

O-

Hans Zuchter

Nov 21, 2021
I'll say again that the dating/training system needs to be separated into two different systems. I shouldn't have to go on a date with a girl to train her non-sex stats. That should be just a building or something that they can be assigned to like any other job. Like build a library and assign a girl there to train smarts, or a gym and have her train physical, a theater to train charisma, etc. Leave dating out of it entirely and just let it be about, well, dating and nothing else.

Oboe

Nov 17, 2019
I'll say again that the dating/training system needs to be separated into two different systems. I shouldn't have to go on a date with a girl to train her non-sex stats. That should be just a building or something that they can be assigned to like any other job. Like build a library and assign a girl there to train smarts, or a gym and have her train physical, a theater to train charisma, etc. Leave dating out of it entirely and just let it be about, well, dating and nothing else.
You can train directly and skip the date after. Up to you.

O-

Hans Zuchter

Nov 21, 2021
That still limits training to how many dates-per-day I have. I see no reason why six or seven girls can't all study in a library at the same time, and without the need for direct supervision.

Oct 31, 2017
Playing this for the first time in a long time and...damn, the "Trainings" system kind of sucks really, really bad.

Why do they need to be trained to be able to wear GLOVES? They need to have "Sex:Basics" unlocked using loyalty...even though when creating a slave the definition (seen in slave vs. peon selector) specifies they can be forced to have sex without training? They need to have "Pregnancy" training in order to keep the child? They're a SLAVE, how is that THEIR decision?

The only one that sort of makes sense is "Swear Loyalty", but there's no reason that couldn't just be a social class...

Any mods to remove this nonsensical and honestly horrendous system? This game feels like it's gotten worse.

Edit:
"Eilbella wishes to be humiliated"

Sorry Eilbella, you need a minimum of 30 consent to do that, yours is only 29 even though you're literally asking for it.

Love that my SLAVES need to CONSENT now.

Last edited:

aspar4gus

Mar 27, 2019
They need to have "Pregnancy" training in order to keep the child? They're a SLAVE, how is that THEIR decision?
As someone who played the first game and tried this one a long time ago (i don't know about recent changes in story/lore/mechanic), i did feel like the game is not targeted towards the players of the first game.. The shift of direction toward a somewhat renaissance-ish society with loose social mobility and where slavery is said to be declining felt jarring after spending a lot of enjoyable hours in strive for power

Reactions: LittleSisterLover
Oct 31, 2017
As someone who played the first game and tried this one a long time ago (i don't know about recent changes in story/lore/mechanic), i did feel like the game is not targeted towards the players of the first game.. The shift of direction toward a somewhat renaissance-ish society with loose social mobility and where slavery is said to be declining felt jarring after spending a lot of enjoyable hours in strive for power
I played it previously a couple years prior, and the big difference was that there were more management systems in place that required your attention along with the class system for stats and abilities, but I still felt it was very much a similar game, even with some improvements. There are some story themes that reinforce slavery very strongly, so I don't feel it's a decline in setting. I also feel the game was and still is very much a feudalistic, considering the emphasis and basis on landowning and the guild's power structures.

Playing it now, however, I feel like the game is actually just broken. I've found a lot of tooltips that reference things that are no longer true, some systems seem to not always function and numbers are all over the place...it's like the same systems have been reworked and extra crap thrown on top to such an extent that none of it can actually work right. A large part of me just wants them to revert to the version I played before and add more characters and story lmao. Sure some stuff was broken and unfinished, half-implemented, but at least it wasn't THIS.

I was a big fan of Strive for Power, and I had always wished they just kept updating that one with new content since its biggest point of failure was the minimal number of unique characters, events, and quests. But I still had hopes for this game with my previous experience of it. Now, though, after wrestling with it for the past couple hours, I think I'll just drop it and make a note to see where the game is at in another couple years.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

VespidV

Dec 11, 2016
I haven't played the game in a while so I don't remember but are there any downsides or things that can be missed by skipping the intro if you start a new game?

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
I played it previously a couple years prior, and the big difference was that there were more management systems in place that required your attention along with the class system for stats and abilities, but I still felt it was very much a similar game, even with some improvements. There are some story themes that reinforce slavery very strongly, so I don't feel it's a decline in setting. I also feel the game was and still is very much a feudalistic, considering the emphasis and basis on landowning and the guild's power structures.

Playing it now, however, I feel like the game is actually just broken. I've found a lot of tooltips that reference things that are no longer true, some systems seem to not always function and numbers are all over the place...it's like the same systems have been reworked and extra crap thrown on top to such an extent that none of it can actually work right. A large part of me just wants them to revert to the version I played before and add more characters and story lmao. Sure some stuff was broken and unfinished, half-implemented, but at least it wasn't THIS.

I was a big fan of Strive for Power, and I had always wished they just kept updating that one with new content since its biggest point of failure was the minimal number of unique characters, events, and quests. But I still had hopes for this game with my previous experience of it. Now, though, after wrestling with it for the past couple hours, I think I'll just drop it and make a note to see where the game is at in another couple years.
You wouldn't be the first to point out that Strive 1 seemed to be built on more stable vision that Conquest. A lot of folks have noted they had a more enjoyable experience with the predecessor...Conquest certainly looks better and hints at being a more refined game, but still feels like a step-down compared and not just because Conquest is younger or less developed.

Nov 15, 2021
You wouldn't be the first to point out that Strive 1 seemed to be built on more stable vision that Conquest. A lot of folks have noted they had a more enjoyable experience with the predecessor...Conquest certainly looks better and hints at being a more refined game, but still feels like a step-down compared and not just because Conquest is younger or less developed.
I actually agree with the reasoning myself, honestly. I mean... The game DOES seem more polished in some aspects, and I won't say it hasn't latent potential (certainly has more world-building that the previous game, for sure), but... There is so much jank and things that would not make sense normally, considering how strong of a foundation the first game has. Just some personal gripes:
  • Fast Travel being an absolute chore, with the first game having a way better exploration system. Wish they would have improved on that instead... I get what they were trying to go with, but, considering just how much it forces you to navigate through the interface and "wait" instead of actually having you play the game interactivingly, it just dulls the experience.
  • (Art being worse, but again, that is very subjective and has some saving graces: some named characters have decent portraits, some others less. Paperdolls definitely needs some heavy work tho.)
  • Dungeons and Combat as a whole, are somewhat of a mixed bag: Combat has some more "substance" in a way, but also feels somewhat worse to me, honestly. Dungeons have more option and a "roguelike" randomness when it comes to generation, but at the same time, they are linear (just battle, then battle, then battle, and little interaction or exploration), even more so than the previous title, and the random events in-bewteen tend to always be the same two or three (except in quests I guess). Also, slave acquisition and interaction in Dungeons, in Conquest, is weird: finding slaves at random while you beat monsters raises questions (I mean, sure, you might just have saved them from danger...), but what about options? You either hire them or enslave them. What appened to other interactions like the "Rape" option from the previous game? (Which, iirc, was supposed to be used for Mana/Essence, but... Y-Yeah, that sure was its primary function for me... haha...ha... *tugs collar*)
  • Training options are wierdly implemented: the training for combat skills and stuff, I can understand. Even some of the training for servitude, I can understand. But some others, like for example, training for wearing normal work clothes or for basic sex, really DO NOT make sense at all (or Exposure as a skill, I mean, I can literally just strip them naked? What Exhibitionism should do imo, is "teach" them to like it, therefore removing a malus on Loyalty/Obedience that comes with forcing them towards it, or something like that? Would make more sense?), that and other options that leave the slave with some agency of choice she really should not have in that setting - expecially when the game itself states that they're property, treated as such even if they escape. To be fair, those aren't even the worst offenders: letting aside the whole "I need a SKILL bought through Loyalty to get a legally-owned SLAVE to do what I want", why the HECK can't I, say, kiss more than ONCE during a date? Like... what?! Strive 1 allowed that!
  • "Consent" is a bit of a questionably dumb mechanic - not intrinsecally, but it is, considering the SETTING and IMPLEMENTATION of it (iirc, it was introduced in SfP1 as well through a mod, though I wasn't a fan). I do not mind it being a stat in the game, but it should provide potential bonuses and not maluses or roadblocks... While also being way less relevant for slaves and maybe more relevant for peons, logically speaking. And expecially, it shouldn't interfere with the core aspects of the game: a power-fantasy story that takes place in a medieval/reinassance setting, focused on the themes of slavery and domination. (And if anyone has doubt about the game still retains such themes, remind yourself: you can potentially force YOUR OWN WIFE to sell her body for money, on the day of YOUR WEDDING, to rich hedonistic noblemen...)
  • Equipment seems a bit more limited as well, though that's not necessarily too bad atm, but can be improved. I certainly prefer the class and levelling system of Conquest, compared to the predecessor though (getting a slave to max and then having to ask them what they wanted to level up was a chore). More options for Social Skills, customisation etc is always welcome. And while I do not like the interface too much, the few extra options in the equip + tattoo menus are nice, I guess.
  • Mansion feels... lacking? In both form and use, sometimes, and that makes it a downgrade imo. I guess I can make an example, then: the Dungeons. In Strive 1, you had Dungeons where you could store and interact with slaves, even appointing a Jailer, and that had effects. In Strive 2, you... do not have a Dungeon... Except, well... When you do, in cutscenes (Heleviel), when you can take a slave there during dates, and so on. But, you cannot interact with them there nor get there normally, and if you enslave forcefully someone during exploration, they just get added to your household, period. Same for some other minor functions, like deciding where a character gets to sleep (I am thankful we got rid of Luxury as a mechanic - they could have just toned it down to be less annoying but whatevs - but it's still a shame we lost that, amongst other spaces). While not gamebreaking, that's... weird, considering the setting and circumstance, while also being - again - a case of "less stuff than before".
  • Not a critic per se, but, it is fun to see how even the debug options are somewhat risible: some item options, like Whiskey, are not available in the "Add Material" Tab (which is funny, considering that you need a lot for two different quests, and kinda ruins the point of the function in a way). Yeah, yeah, I know you can get the needed materials through there and then craft it, but if the debug menu is supposed to give you access to ALL materials (even the unfinished ones), why some are specifically left out at random?
More or less all that came to mind atm, I guess. Sorry for the random text-wall out of nowhere, I just rarely check the thread and since I saw some of you talking about the game, I felt like joining in and ramble a while myself. Hope it wasn't a bother!

Last edited:

Crevanille

Oct 27, 2021
... I'm surprised this game doesn't have the 'harem' tag considering how much of a natural fit it is for this kinda game.
That said, it definitely has a lot more visual appeal than the first game on top of the overall improved experience. Still would prefer to write in the color details and have a wide range of body types for my girls like in the first game, but oh well.

erkper

May 16, 2018
... I'm surprised this game doesn't have the 'harem' tag considering how much of a natural fit it is for this kinda game.
That said, it definitely has a lot more visual appeal than the first game on top of the overall improved experience. Still would prefer to write in the color details and have a wide range of body types for my girls like in the first game, but oh well.
You can add portrait packs and make your girls look like anything you want them to look like.

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes