khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Physical Warriors are better suited to deal with certain types of enemies... for example the undead, as they either possess AoE fire or single target holy attack.
For example my Frontline consist of 2 Dragonkin with the Dragonknight Class and Paladin, and a Seraph with Knight and Valkyirie Class.... all three have AoE Fire Attacks and the dragonkin a single hit Holy attack and the seraph a AoE holy attack.
The Mages in the back barely get into action as the warriors rip everything apart .
My main issue is that hybrid builds are good at the beginning or a certain type of enemy, but they get underwhelming in the later part of the game, focused chars tend to be weaker at the start but VERY fast grow over powering in mid and late game.
I'll have to try to recruit myself another Fairy from one of the groves to try her out in combat, but I don't have much hopes for her
Yeah I suspect it'll matter more in the hard dungeons. I haven't played the previous versions so I've only seen medium. As Fuyuki mentioned, the real reasons to focus on the bandit forts are, they're close by so travel time is minimal, they get you lots of xp, lots of loot, they have useful resources for base building, they give you free slaves, and you can clear them out without taking any damage. I think Fuyuki risks clearing them earlier than I do for the faster start. I prefer to wait til I can guarantee they die without being able to act since you're out of commission for 3 days if you get taken down.

I suspect in the mid to late game I would want 3 big beefy tank types like dragonkin/orc/seraph or something soaking up damage in the front row and 2 or 3 fairies or drow in the back row raining down AOE death. I like to put Daisy in there as a bard as well. That yellow song gives speed, evasion, and attack if I remember right so whatever death machines you bring with you get to go first, more often, and get hit less often.

For the medium dungeons though, 2 ice AOEs will kill almost everything before they can even take 1 action. The necro AOE is even stronger but I think more things are resistant to it.

You can literally clear out an entire bandit fort without any of the enemies getting even a single action. The troll takes me 2 rounds to kill but he's slow so he's dead before he gets to do anything and anyone he's with dies in the first round before they can do anything as well. The undead are surprisingly weak. The physical builds are better suited for those but you can still wipe out all of the undead with a couple of those ice AOEs they're resistant to. I think the Druids vine AOE might work better on them, can't remember.

May 4, 2019
In previous versions not only there were harder dungeons present, the mob stats were increasing the deeper you went. So hard dungeons not only consisted of stronger unit types, but these units were much more potent because hard dungeons had many stages.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Thought this was interesting in the game I started today, just kind of playing around to see how fast I can go. I figured I'd just sell some of the initial stuff I got from the goblin cave and the bandit den and just buy the wood I needed for the mansion rooms upgrade outright on day 1. So I cleared the goblin den, the wolves, and the bandit den x2 on day 1 and then upgraded my mansion rooms from day 1 into day 2. Then I cleared the bandit den twice more and a bandit fort once. I should have picked archer to start instead of rogue. Hiding doesn't help much when only 1 of my guys can do it. The hit boost from archer would have helped more.

Not bad for day 2 I'd say. The bandit fort is actually not worth it this early I think (I got lucky). My main character goes before the assassins but Melodee doesn't. My main can almost 1 shot the assassin with his aoe but not quite, which means normally an assassin would probably take out either me or Melodee before I could finish him off. In this case I only saw 1 and he missed. The balista and golems I can 1 shot so those are not a problem. I would have the same number of slaves if I had done the den instead, just not as much xp. I guess I could be ready for the fort if I had gotten speed upgrades for Melodee first instead of thief and engineer but then I wouldn't be able to open chests so there'd be a lot less loot. I supposed I could have also just burned through some more dens or goblin caves and forget location without collecting resources to level up a bit more first.

1600830351082.png

Last edited:
May 4, 2019
Slaves aren't exactly needed. You can buy resources from shops. I personally buy out all materials and food available each day - you can always sell it back for the exact same price if you have to. The only unavoidable things you need them for are chopping magic wood, upgrading mansion and crafting stuff. But to start working on good labor, you actually need great/excellent growth characters preferably with decent wit and phys factors as well. The only mediocre character I spend effort on is Daisy because... well she stays no matter what, might as well make her samewhat useful. To get good characters you have to grind forts. These also tend to give high end resources and exceptionally good gear which you normally can access only after creating tier 3 craft facilities, and that takes much more time than current demo story lasts.

Last edited:

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Slaves aren't exactly needed. You can buy resources from shops. I personally buy out all materials and food available each day - you can always sell it back for the exact same price if you have to. The only unavoidable things you need them for are chopping magic wood, upgrading mansion and crafting stuff. But to start working on good labor, you actually need great/excellent growth characters preferably with decent wit and phys factors as well. The only mediocre character I spend effort on is Daisy because... well she stays no matter what, might as well make her samewhat useful. To get good characters you have to grind forts. These also tend to give high end resources and exceptionally good gear which you normally can access only after creating tier 3 craft facilities, and that takes much more time than current demo story lasts.
Yeah my plan was to replace the early slaves with better ones later. Initially I figure I want them to have sadism to boost authority for me and then start giving them gathering upgrades like worker/farmer/whatever to speed up resource gathering. Later on either higher quality slaves from the upgraded slave market or a lucky find in the bandit fort, or upgrade the stats of the main character and a compatible slave and you get kids with basically perfect stats based on their parents perfect stats. You would still have to look elsewhere for slaves of specific races though.

Based on some of Daisy's events I assume she's a bit of a special case so I was going to keep my first 2 slaves anyway. First kid can sometimes get lucky and have good stats but other times inherits the worst from both parents. When I start off usually main character has 2 terrible and first slave has 4 terrible. Gotta bump all of those up to at least good before you're guaranteed kids with really good stats.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Playing with the Less Anime Pack. When assigning bodies and portraits to human male slaves that I buy/capture there are only 2 choices available. Lots more choices for human females. Is there a pack that has more human males?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Playing with the Less Anime Pack. When assigning bodies and portraits to human male slaves that I buy/capture there are only 2 choices available. Lots more choices for human females. Is there a pack that has more human males?
The ones from the previous game.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I don't have any from the previous game that have additional human males. If you know of a specific pack (it's name), please clue me in.
Either LeLurker or FruitSmoothie, I forgot which and deleted them as I didn't really care for them, The Butler specifically says girls only.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Fruit has no human males, and Lurk has just one (awful) pic. But thanks anyway.

Reactions: alex2011

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
I recently found out itch.io had a bunch.
No idea what they're worth, since I'm plenty satisfied with the ones found/shared here.

• Red Heart
Reactions: AWolfe

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Alas, every pack I was able to grab (of those that still had valid links) had no male humans.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Alas, every pack I was able to grab (of those that still had valid links) had no male humans.
Have you tried the most common picture shareing sites, creating your own Original character pack... or searching for a certain character and turning him into a slave?
I mean you only need 1 picture for the body and can edit it to create a Portrait from that... it's not like all those slave trainer games where you need 60-100 pictures to make the character workable

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Most of the packs I found didn't have any males. There was 1 or two that had some but you're probably going to find a LOT more females than males (which is probably what most people want anyway). I was just annoyed by having nothing for the portrait or the background pic in the character menus so I wanted some of each.

Even merging a few different packs together though there are some races that just don't seem to get any love. For instance I have zero pics for either male or female for kobolds and a few other races. So a lot of times I mix and match pics from other races. Kobolds get an orc pic/portrait, male fairies get an elf or something. That sort of thing.

Some of the packs use different art styles that don't appeal to me as well. One of these days I need to go through and just delete the ones I don't like much and just leave my favorites. Hopefully someone will do more art packs for some of the less popular races eventually as well.

I had a hard time getting into the previous game. I found the interface very confusing. This one I really like so far.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Even merging a few different packs together though there are some races that just don't seem to get any love. For instance I have zero pics for either male or female for kobolds and a few other races. So a lot of times I mix and match pics from other races. Kobolds get an orc pic/portrait, male fairies get an elf or something. That sort of thing.
Kobolds are lizzard men or women.. there should be atleast a few pictures on your avarage picture side though
for example

I am no fan of the limited selection of the art packs and searched for around 160 pictures on websites and edited them to get Portraits... they might not have a transparent background but I like my selection at minimum

Last edited:

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
no male humans.
I don't like saying "give it up", but... I'm also one of those people who don't go out of their way to look for images of males.
A simple google search yields some nice results though.
Any png 1x2-1x3 (x-y) goes for bodies, and a square 200x200 px is good enough for portraits. It's a chore, but a simple task to create them even with Paint.

Another (100% female) small but good pack: (very nice work editing, but no tags)

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Weird bug. Can't screenshot it because screenshots are fucky. I'm pressing PrtScn on the menu I want to show, but somehow getting pictures of the title screen, or a completely different menu.

Regardless. I press Craft in the bottom left corner. most of the time it opens the proper craft menu where I get to select what food I want to cook, ect.

Sometimes it opens some other menuy that covers the bottom portion of the screen and only has 'Confirm/Cancle' as options,but confirm does nothing.

There are icons for every type of crafting across the top of this menu, but none of them are slectable.

This menu appearing lead to another bug where someone who was coming back from a traveling thing somehow ended up 'cooking' while still four hours out, which stopped the timer from decreasing, and basically lost that cahacter forever.
had to reload.

Moving on from bugs onto balance, We need a nice selection of early quests. (week one)

I need a bunch of rep with these guilds to back my shot at being mayor, which I need to do within 14 days, but they're asking me to subjegate a dungeon (which seems to be 10+ zones of continuous combat) or bring them specific slaves (something I could never do reliably in the prequel, because you can't guarantee you'll happen to come across an appropriate slave within the time-limit) or craft things that I obviously have no way to craft, like iron or bone tools.

It's going to take me nearly ten days just to get my forge set up, to say nothing of my food supply. I'm not making you a fucking iron axe.

The only reasonable quest I saw early on was to make whisky, and to hand in a bunch of fish.
All doable using the resources you start with.

Unfortunately, each of those only appeared once, and now they're all asking for magic herbs that I can't find and weapons I have no means to produce.

Basically, in the early-game, you're more-or-less not capable of anything, because most things require either mansion upgrades for crafting, or for you to have a fully armed combat party to deal with dungeons.

I started my game by immediately buying the cheapest slave I could, then bullying her for two days to max out her obedience as much as I could, then setting her to whore so me and my starter-girl could go cut trees (with no tools) and break rocks to get the materials to build the things we'll need to became actually self-sufficient.

There's not time or resources to complete quests unless they're actually trivial in difficulty, like cooking basic resources into food or fighting maybe two wolves.
Even beating a wolf-zone is a 'medium' tier threat, because you need at least three or four party-members, because everyone is unarmed and unarmoured and probably doesn't have combat skills, so you need numbers to win.

Maybe allow Wood/stone/bone tool crafting without a forge? So you can throw together a stone pickaxe with which we can gather the stone and ore needed to create the forge to make real tools?
Allow us to make a basic hammer so we don't have to build the forge with our bare hands?

My initial slave started as a hunter but I couldn't get my hands on a bow until after day 14, so I was stuck using my hunter/archer skills with my fists (you still get a bleed and a double-attack tho, so it's not all bad, even if it makes no sense without a bow or arrows)

Oh, and I'm not sure what to do with all of this exp. You can pick up a new class, but there doesn't seem to be any way to level up in that class, so all you can do is buy more-and-more classes?
Is there not a way to spend exp to raise your stats like Phys or Wits?

I don't really want to multi-class all of my fighters into ranger-thief-prostitute-wizards, because they still only get one action per turn so it doesn't matter how many skills they know.
Also, there's apparently a hard-cap on how many classes they can get, so I don't want to stack a bunch of random shit, when I could be building towards a specific character-type, like archwizard or assassin.

I need higher stats for that, which means day after day spent training.
In the meantime, however, I've got like 300+ exp sitting around and no way to make use of it.

Also, lots of classes give the same active skill, which makes it feel like it's pointless to pick up multiple classes in the same 'tree'

Learning two complimentary classes should provide you with stacking benefits somehow, instead you get nothing because Pet/Harlot/Dancer all learn distract.

Having two classes that both know distract should buff your distraction somehow. Raise the numbers on it or make it last longer.

The passive bonuses to charm/sex-skills/prostitution-payment synergies pretty well, but your active-skills are a disappointment.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I need a bunch of rep with these guilds to back my shot at being mayor, which I need to do within 14 days, but they're asking me to subjegate a dungeon (which seems to be 10+ zones of continuous combat) or bring them specific slaves (something I could never do reliably in the prequel, because you can't guarantee you'll happen to come across an appropriate slave within the time-limit) or craft things that I obviously have no way to craft, like iron or bone tools.
There is no timelimit for doing these Quests.... only your ability to pay your depts within the first times (1000 at day 14, 4000 at day 25 [I think], etc.)
Unfortunately, each of those only appeared once, and now they're all asking for magic herbs that I can't find and weapons I have no means to produce.
The shop in Alirion is your best shot here, each day the offers change and in general you get more Gold for completing these Quests than the items cost... slaves sadly are a different story... best save at 23:00 and keep reloading if you are short on time or Gold
There's not time or resources to complete quests unless they're actually trivial in difficulty, like cooking basic resources into food or fighting maybe two wolves.
Even beating a wolf-zone is a 'medium' tier threat, because you need at least three or four party-members, because everyone is unarmed and unarmoured and probably doesn't have combat skills, so you need numbers to win.
depends on your 2 starter characters setup, if you have a chosen atleast one race with HP Bonus this is actually manageable, you can't do more than one thread a day though, also make sure both start with a combat class like apprentice
Oh, and I'm not sure what to do with all of this exp. You can pick up a new class, but there doesn't seem to be any way to level up in that class, so all you can do is buy more-and-more classes?
Is there not a way to spend exp to raise your stats like Phys or Wits?
Classes improve a slaves main stat, like HP, Mana or P.Atk,M.Atk,P.Def,M.Def, etc. witch makes the slave stronger over time.
Stats raise by usage, i.e. Strengh by useing physical attacks or doing certain jobs in the mansion, Wit by useing Magic attacks and doing Jobs in the Masion, Charm by useing skills to raise Loyality and submission and Sexual by obviously haveing Sex

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
There is no timelimit for doing these Quests.... only your ability to pay your depts within the first times (1000 at day 14, 4000 at day 25 [I think], etc.)
I thought you had to pay back the whole thing within 14 days, which is why on day 8 you have the leader of the servant's guild call you out and explicitly say that it's impossible, which is why you need to become the Mayor instead, so you can default on your debt without losing your mansion?

Maybe I misread how much has to be paid back in 14 days, but unless I have multiple slaves prostituting the whole time, i'm probably going to struggle to make 1000 anyway, since i'm doing it without quests.

depends on your 2 starter characters setup, if you have a chosen atleast one race with HP Bonus this is actually manageable, you can't do more than one thread a day though, also make sure both start with a combat class like apprentice
Demon (hp bonus) apprentice and an elf (hitbonus) hunter.
Except the only weapon I have is the axe you start with, and without any weapon-crafting until I get the forge set up, I can't even make my hunter a bow.

Hunter only has one skill (Hunter's eye) which doesn't seem worth using (minor damage boost, but it takes up a turn where you could be attacking, and it doesn't last long enough to make itself worthwhile)
I got gatherer's clothes too, instead of leather armour, which might not have been the best.

I did beat a wolf-threat, but I had four characters by that point. Me, my hunter, daisy (pet) and some random slavegirl.
None of us had any weapons or armour beyond my starter-gear, but my hunter became an archer (without a bow) and I was able to use their double-hit attack to whittle enemies down.

The pay for this mission was crap though.
Still, with three people it's doable, if I can get my hands on a weapon.
I guess I gotta whore everyone (including myself?) and see if I can buy a knife or something within the first couple of days. Then try to max out someone's loyalty so I can send them off unsupervised to cut wood and mine stone undefinately so I can build a forge.

... Is there any penalty from setting someone working for too long?
In the previous game it would drain energy and then hp, but here it only seems to lower obedience, which can be set to infinity fairly easily, so...

If not, I could have someone farming or gathering resources long-term, while my main character remains home and works on training the other girls.

The shop in Alirion is your best shot here, each day the offers change and in general you get more Gold for completing these Quests than the items cost... slaves sadly are a different story... best save at 23:00 and keep reloading if you are short on time or Gold

Classes improve a slaves main stat, like HP, Mana or P.Atk,M.Atk,P.Def,M.Def, etc. witch makes the slave stronger over time.
Stats raise by usage, i.e. Strengh by useing physical attacks or doing certain jobs in the mansion, Wit by useing Magic attacks and doing Jobs in the Masion, Charm by useing skills to raise Loyality and submission and Sexual by obviously haveing Sex
So does having Fighter make your physical go up faster? I saw that harlot earns you more money whoring, but I didn't see if it said it'd raise your sexual skills faster.

Also, buying ingredits for quests is a crapshoot. Alirion didn't have any. One of the other towns might have, but it takes all day to travel there, so I don't want to do it willy-nilly.

Edit: Does Hunters eye only last 2 turns? Doubting my own memories now.
If so, I'd bump that up to five or so, otherwise it doesn't seem worth it. Even an unarmed punch is more useful than a minor damage boost for 2 turns.

Distract feels similarly underpowered. Maybe if the debuff affected a whole row?

3.20 star(s) 45 Votes