Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
It wasn't mentioned in Maverik's Patreon post, but he's also going to be nerfing pregnancy. Currently it's 5 days long and he's extending it to 30. 5 days allows you to churn out babies like crazy and you never need to hire anyone, so he's fixing that.
I'm perfectly okay with that. I actually hope it goes further. 30 days pregnant, maybe another 60 in a nursery before becoming a functioning adult all the while eating food. Pumping out potentially mega-characters should come with a significant investment when the game starts to take form. I understood the short pregnancy for the demo since the story is largely complete in a few weeks time.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Oh, cool. I was a genius all along :geek:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Ok, ok, I was also looking at wrong place at first, for some reason. But it's very clear, when you know where to look.
I'd also like to say: hands-on experience is the best teacher. Take your time playing this early demo.

We should get another version next week or so, btw.
So let's not get too used to the obedience system or free-to-pick classes. :cry:
No, dude. I've said this multiple times now. The entire right-hand panel wasn't there.

That means you can't select the blade, or the handle. All you can do is click on the sword which then tells you that it needs x-blade and y-handle, but you can't progress because even the confirm button is gone.

I wasn't "looking in the wrong place"
The UI was broken.

Edit: I actually opened the game back up to see if I could get a screnshot that I could edit to show what I mean, but it totally happened again, so I just got a clean shot of it not working.

PICTURE.png

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
No, dude. I've said this multiple times now. The entire right-hand panel wasn't there.
WTF sort of device are you trying to play the game on? Do you have trouble playing other Unity-based games?

caju

Oct 5, 2017

That means you can't select the blade, or the handle. All you can do is click on the sword which then tells you that it needs x-blade and y-handle, but you can't progress because even the confirm button is gone.

I wasn't "looking in the wrong place"
The UI was broken.

Edit: I actually opened the game back up to see if I could get a screnshot that I could edit to show what I mean, but it totally happened again, so I just got a clean shot of it not working.

View attachment 840625
That right side stays blank until you select what you want to craft on the left side

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
It wasn't mentioned in Maverik's Patreon post, but he's also going to be nerfing pregnancy. Currently it's 5 days long and he's extending it to 30. 5 days allows you to churn out babies like crazy and you never need to hire anyone, so he's fixing that.
I couldnt find a "wear contraceptive" option like there was in the first game. Is there no way to do that in Strive 2 yet?

That right side stays blank until you select what you want to craft on the left side
It looks like he has the Sword selected in the left side.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I couldnt find a "wear contraceptive" option like there was in the first game. Is there no way to do that in Strive 2 yet?

It looks like he has the Sword selected in the left side.
No option available yet
It would like that if he/she just howered over the sword though

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
You really haven't looked at the crafting UI much, have you? You do NOT forge handles and blades. You provide enough of the materials needed from what you have available that can be used on that item (each has different properties) and then press the confirm button.
*tears of joy*
Thanks, finally!
Man, that's confusing. I was looking at everything and couldn't find "how-to" for the damned pieces. I guess it needs something a bit more obvious (like a "handle: items to craft" sort of thing)

Have you tried selecting the specific tab? In your pic you have the "all" tab (the little coffer), try selecting the appropiate one (the equipment tab, little sword).

The UI is wonky as heck for now, and sometimes it doesn't responds well unless being very specific.

There are moments where there's actually no "X" button for example (and have to hit "esc"); on other options the "X" button closes everything; and some others hitting a "cancel" or "X" button actually opens some weird crazy stuff (for example, opening a character panel/sheet of a completely random character/race, but with YOUR equipment, and an the old/outdated UI. Most likely some leftover code content)

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
It would like that if he/she just howered over the sword though
...were exactly my thoughts. I considered "yea, and now you have to click with the left mouse button" as an answer. (edit: wrong quote)

However, I noticed slightly glitchy behaviours when you insist on the craft menu. Namely, the line below 'select characters' disappearing, and sometimes the whole 'select characters' option altogether. Exiting the menu and selecting other items fixes that; and it appears to be related to the use of full screen. Tinkering with resolution might help.

On that note, there an obscure exploit/bug: you can have a character not in the mansion smith, tailor, etc. when using that 'select character' menu (selecting unvalid character before exiting/reentering that menu). Tricky. I also could get different people crafting different swords at the same time, somehow.

30 days (20 with breeder?) are a lot. But I understand the measure from a balancing POV.

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
*tears of joy*
Thanks, finally!
Man, that's confusing. I was looking at everything and couldn't find "how-to" for the damned pieces. I guess it needs something a bit more obvious (like a "handle: items to craft" sort of thing)
You're very welcome! BTW, thank me by "liking" my post.

There are moments where there's actually no "X" button for example (and have to hit "esc"); on other options the "X" button closes everything; and some others hitting a "cancel" or "X" button actually opens some weird crazy stuff (for example, opening a character panel/sheet of a completely random character/race, but with YOUR equipment, and an the old/outdated UI. Most likely some leftover code content)
Also undocumented (of course) is that you can close panels by clicking with the right mouse button. Learned that directly from Maverik in the Discord.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
You're very welcome! BTW, thank me by "liking" my post.

Also undocumented (of course) is that you can close panels by clicking with the right mouse button. Learned that directly from Maverik in the Discord.
Yah, I know about right-clicking.
I assume it's temporary, since the most common thing is to right-click to see extra info, not closing what you're doing lol

In any case, glitchiness it's understandable since it's all under development.
And even at this half-done stage, Mav it's doing a much better sequel (he always talked about doing a re-work of Strive from the beginning, but people wanted more content instead of a new start. I guess now he's finally doing it, and it's going ways)

Speaking of current state, is there some consistent content?
I saw the day 2 mini-event with the bunny girl(I assume there's more coming), and the relatively easy dungeons (easy because I got lucky with two hirelings... absolutely OP), is there some story stuff, or character events?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I assume it's temporary, since the most common thing is to right-click to see extra info, not closing what you're doing lol

And even at this half-done stage, Mav it's doing a much better sequel (he always talked about doing a re-work of Strive from the beginning, but people wanted more content instead of a new start. I guess now he's finally doing it, and it's going ways)

I saw the day 2 mini-event with the bunny girl(I assume there's more coming), and the relatively easy dungeons (easy because I got lucky with two hirelings... absolutely OP), is there some story stuff, or character events?
right click is as often a cancel or call menu button though

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

The bunny girl has 2 minor Events that are supposed to unlock her intimate options (and whoring as a job)
There are 4 main story Quests (1 for each Guild Faction), 2 of those at minimum can contain a sex Event with a unique Character each if your Cha and/or Sex skill are high enough.
and at the end of the main story you are introduced to your first major enemy on the political field

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Daisy's rescue/hire event is the only character event so far (that I know of). Then there's the main quest, which ends (for now) when you get yourself elected mayor. Once you're mayor you get a message saying that you've reached the end of the current content and you're now in free-play (non-story) mode.

There are 4 pre-generated dungeons: bandit cave (easy), goblin cave (easy), grove (easy), deadly vault (medium). Then there are, of course, the randomly-generated dungeons you can pay to have created. There are many bugged areas, such as the elven city and some of the settlements (which should have a button to enter but don't).

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuzzcat

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Daisy's rescue/hire event is the only character event so far (that I know of). Then there's the main quest, which ends (for now) when you get yourself elected mayor. Once you're mayor you get a message saying that you've reached the end of the current content and you're now in free-play (non-story) mode.
...actually you don't get elected yet... the demo ends as you are supposed to debate for the common peoples support and rally them under your banner... that is until you get that rudely interrupted by that royal kid trying to be a responsible adult, by announcing the next rebellion to restore monarchy

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
right click is as often a cancel or call menu button though
True, but in this case... have in mind that right-clicking brings extra info on several things.
In this type of game, where you're managing lots of characters constantly, it can be annoying.
You need a sort of "mechanical" mindset, and having right-click doing the opposite effect depending the option might get tedious or confusing.
Easier and faster to have r-c to bring extra info or do nothing, and esc (or a X button) to close.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
...actually you don't get elected yet... the demo ends as you are supposed to debate for the common peoples support and rally them under your banner... that is until you get that rudely interrupted by that royal kid trying to be a responsible adult
That may or may not be true. The important thing is that both the loan and election major quests go away. Whether at this point you are actually mayor or not in a future release remains to be seen.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Easier and faster to have r-c to bring extra info or do nothing, and esc (or a X button) to close.
AFAIK the ESC key closes any panel. I've yet to encounter one in which it didn't. I've also not encountered a panel that the right mouse button wouldn't close, but I may have missed one.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017

There are 4 pre-generated dungeons: bandit cave (easy), goblin cave (easy), grove (easy), deadly vault (medium). Then there are, of course, the randomly-generated dungeons you can pay to have created. There are many bugged areas, such as the elven city and some of the settlements (which should have a button to enter but don't).
There you go, another like, kind sir.

I was asking precisely because the settlements don't seem to do much, aside of having the "shop" button and the Elven and mountain places nothing at all, so I was wondering if I needed to advance story or they weren't implemented yet.

Another question:
is enslaving defeated enemies implemented? Didn't saw any options to capture prisoners.
(but I did saw the freeing scroll, most excellent addition since I'm the type of do-gooder that actually hates enslaving unless it's the baddies)

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
True, but in this case... have in mind that right-clicking brings extra info on several things.
In this type of game, where you're managing lots of characters constantly, it can be annoying.
You need a sort of "mechanical" mindset, and having right-click doing the opposite effect depending the option might get tedious or confusing.
In this game however you get the additional Infos by howering over a skill, item, class or trait... and details on that by pressing shift.
In the End it's personal prefference is all I am saying
AFAIK the ESC key closes any panel. I've yet to encounter one in which it didn't. I've also not encountered a panel that the right mouse button wouldn't close, but I may have missed one.
Forr example the Quest Panel in the Guild Upgrade, the Upgrade screen itself (Guild) and the Slave Select Window if you try to complete a slave request Quest

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, ESC closes anything. Sometimes it even closes several opened options.

Right-click didn't worked on the weird glitch I've mentioned earlier. Nothing works there, though all options seem to highlight (as if they were selectable).
I can't remember exactly were it was, I'm pretty sure it was talking with the Dwarf, there was several options to pick (like 1, 2, 3 4, 5, cancel) and when I chose cancel, instead of closing dialog the game brought a character window, with an outdated/deprecated UI, a completely different character but with same gear. Couldn't do anything there until I tried ESC, and got back to dialog.
(might worth reporting to Mav)

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes