Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I agree with you 100%. There is a noticeable difference in managing your peons and slaves when the MC has high CHA.

When you're creating your MC you have enough points to raise your primary stat to 4-5 as well as CHA to 5. Where else could you put the points used for CHA that would do you as much good? Your MC does not need to be both a fighter and a mage, so there really isn't any better place to put the points than in CHA. Of course I'm predicating this on a fighter MC. Someone who prefers a wizard MC will need the points to have both high WIT and high MAG. However, the game gives you more stat points for creating your sidekick than it does for your MC, so it's more efficient to create the MC as a fighter and make the sidekick a mage (who needs the extra points) than the other way around. I've tried it both ways, so I'm speaking from experience.
Well I normally go for Magic and Wits on poor [2] at minimum so MC can pick apprentice, which also has loyality and submission building skills (based on Players Wit), also if you choose a non Succubus MC you can get the MC to Excellent [6] in both Sex and Cha at a base Value of Good [4] by learning all Sex Skills... as a side effect Tame and Timid will also max out.
The MC Starts with Growth, Tame and Timid rate on Great [5], while for your first Slave/Servant you also need to invest Points on those, which is why you can spend more points on her... well normally I only spend points on her growthrate though so it's still a gain.
For my first Servant I normally go for Great [5] Wits and Good [4] Magic, since the Mages skills allow for +1 Wit and +2 Mag
And once you have a stable base you can get all Chars to Great [5] in all Talents easily anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: AWolfe

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Uh-uh. I'll start ignoring people who don't or can't even read the very sentences they quote - and repeatedly proved so. Should've done so earlier, my bad. I've edited the only fact that was incorrect in my point - that you have failed to underline.
A reminder to the English challenged, "the way I see it" expresses an opinion, not a fact.

As of opinions, I do agree with Fuzzcat's "Rule of thumb of RPGs", but this one RPG, in its incomplete version is an exception in my eyes, and I've stated why. By the way, "I enjoy the game better like this" is the best counter-argument, if only for Maverick to read something good for their morale - not exactly Byelorus' best selling point these days.

Does anyone have any facts that they'd care to share about what the increase in the rewards are per point of CHA?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
That was very informative data in your spoiler. Thank you. You've confirmed my logic for having CHA 5 on the MC.

BTW, I never put my MC on prostitution, despite her having CHA 5. She's always busy using her PHY skill to craft or upgrade instead. Besides which prostitution will earn me gold, yes, but it's far more important to me to be using my PHYS skill to make useful things and to improve the skill I use in combat. Improving CHA and SEX skills doesn't help with that.

I put Daisy on prostitution. Along with any other high-CHA slaves I acquire. They provide a small, steady income. But the real money makers are the people I send out to kill stuff and harvest. Collecting wood or leather earns much more gold per hour than does prostitution.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
[howto make the best Domina 101] :LOL:
Solid strategy. And yes, max Charisma is indeed mandatory to make the best out of all the MC-exclusive perks. That's a fact.

You might be surprised how much high SEX helps, though. The high Lust pool, replenished twice a day, is far from negligible when multiple pets and/or a succubus comes into play. The point being, there's always a con to a pro in Strive. Except fishing maybe - the OP low-effort moneymaker.

I'm curious about how the next version will turn out; balance and mechanics will be overturned for sure - making most of our discussion and opinions obsolete, for the most part.

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Agree on fishing. It's the only collection task that you can do at the mansion right from the start, and it nets 3g per fish. So you can sell your excess and buy other foods you need. And as soon as you can "farm" cloth you can really rake in the money.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
As of opinions, I do agree with Fuzzcat's "Rule of thumb of RPGs", but this one RPG, in its incomplete version is an exception in my eyes, and I've stated why.
Yeah, I was being generic and simplistic... basically, just trying to say that a non-combattant MC run can be done (and only focusing on the MC as super-strong CHA character)

BTW, I never put my MC on prostitution, despite her having CHA 5. She's always busy using her PHY skill to craft or upgrade instead. Besides which prostitution will earn me gold, yes, but it's far more important to me to be using my PHYS skill to make useful things and to improve the skill I use in combat. Improving CHA and SEX skills doesn't help with that.
... and this is more or less the best route.
The MC is useful at first on a party, with few characters (you need everyone you can get), but later he's better used managing and doing things at home (which is probably what Mav is trying to achieve with the "send" and travel parties.)

Whores are indeed useless in a fight, and since most sex classes have similar skills, there isn't really much point.

But Distract is actually pretty useful when you start, and even more useful with the correct team. It doesn't has a cooldown, and while it doesn't raises CHA, I think it raises WIT, since it's a combat skill (or something like that. Again, I'm not the "metagamer" type lol).

For example, my current team (brand new, started fresh now that I get the system in full) has a scholar/bard (slave) and a goblin thief/rogue/assassin (starting peon from servants faction, little bitch levels up like crazy!).
Neither has armor and they go at the front, and my MC is a harlot/pet staying at the back.
Goblin is literally untouchable, Bard and MC evade more than half the attacks.
Basically, my MC just shakes her ass every turn, combined with the dodging song of the bard and the goblin's debuff attacks, the opponents have a hard time hitting anything, while the bard and thief (assassin) practically 1-shot enemies (and that's when the MC actually does some killing, finishing off)
And it's just a starting team of only 3 low level, badly equipped starting characters.

(I'm currently waiting for a hireling/slave to build an attendant/alchemist/foreman, but the RNG wasn't cool this time, and everyone -aside the Bard which I immediately bought- is completely useless)

((aside of the prisoner event, the friendly goblin and friendly fairy, there seems to be a exotic trader event.. anyone found it?))

erkper

May 16, 2018
((aside of the prisoner event, the friendly goblin and friendly fairy, there seems to be a exotic trader event.. anyone found it?))
The exotic trader is fairly useless. Shows up occasionally, but the slaves are WAY, WAY, WAY overpriced and other than being exotic races, no better than what you'd find in the regular slave market. I've been disappointed every time I browsed it. Nothing I'd want to buy even if I could afford it.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
The exotic trader is fairly useless. Shows up occasionally, but the slaves are WAY, WAY, WAY overpriced and other than being exotic races, no better than what you'd find in the regular slave market. I've been disappointed every time I browsed it. Nothing I'd want to buy even if I could afford it.
Can't agree with that in total....
The slaves cost 1500-2500 but you can get real gems here... last time I found a Dragonkin with Excellent Growth rate and Physical Talent.
You can often seem to find Dwarfes and Darkelves/Drows.
Nereids can also be rcruited from there, sometimes Seraphs, Demons, Centaurs and Tauruses.
It seems the Trader arrives in Alirion in a fixed schedule like 10-15 days (haven't bothered on noting it) around 06:00 in the morning until 23:00 in the Night.
If you save the day before at 23:00 you can reload and his stock will change... useing the autosave won't change the stock.

So in short VERY pricy but you get the chance to get some impossible rare slaves and their Skills are off the chart compared to the Slave market.
You might have to reload several times in order to find a species you like/need or even a slave with a certain Talent (like Excellent growth Rate)

Last edited:

erkper

May 16, 2018
Maybe your luck's been better than mine. I've never seen unusually good stats from the exotic slaves. Yes on the races obviously (that's the whole point, right?) but not the stats you mention.

In my current playthrough, I have a dwarf in the regular slave market right now (and bought a demon in the same weekly cycle.) The demon has pretty nice stats, so maybe my luck is just being pushed into different locations than yours.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I thought it was an exploring dungeon event.
In any case, I'm looking for some variety, not super characters. The current run is absolutely boring, as everyone is human, and the only "special" is a bunny girl with atrocious stats.

The slaves cost 1500-2500 but you can get real gems here... last time I found a Dragonkin with Excellent Growth rate and Physical Talent.
You can often seem to find Dwarfes and Darkelves/Drows.
Nereids can also be rcruited from there, sometimes Seraphs, Demons, Centaurs and Tauruses.
It seems the Trader arrives in Alirion in a fixed schedule like 10-15 days (haven't bothered on noting it) around 06:00 in the morning until 23:00 in the Night.
If you save the day before at 23:00 you can reload and his stock will change... useing the autosave won't change the stock.
Stock seems to be absolutely random (at least for now. Probably it'll get adjusted per zone, just like Strive I).
The very first run I did a couple days ago, was quite varied. A Dragonkin, a Demon, Tanuki... all kinds of races. I ended up buying a Halfkin Fox that had brutal stats, and 3 different magical classes, and an elf with alchemy/rogue/something else too, but I started anew because I completely messed up everyone's advance lol

My current run, as said above, is the opposite. Only a couple chars have classes (between hirleings and slaves), and even so, the stats are absolutely useless. Suffice to say, I'm levelling up Daisy to have a 4th char for dungeoning, and she's not really suited for anything more than whoring...

I saw the Trader's code, indeed one of the numbers was at 6 (time), but I can't remember the daily number (and couldn't find it now, it's really tedious to see the numbers)

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
How does this game compare to Strive 1 in terms of gameplay and content?
Does it have enough development to be somewhat playable or is it still a demo?
I am not expecting much, just a reason why I should play this instead of Stive 1?

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
How does this game compare to Strive 1 in terms of gameplay and content?
Does it have enough development to be somewhat playable or is it still a demo?
I am not expecting much, just a reason why I should play this instead of Stive 1?
Definitely playable.
It's mostly sandbox for now, though there's some story.
If you haven't played Strive 1, then go and do it first.
Strive 2 is a bit more complex in terms of system, so playing the first will start to give you an idea, though systems themselves are different in the details.

S2 is much more ambitious, and it's going the right path. There's some adjustments needed, but it's still absolutely playable, and different enough of S1 to give it a try.

I've played S1 right from the beginning (years ago... sheesh!) ti'll the last version, and I'm loving S2 even more. There's a ton lot more items, and they can be crafted with different materials, for different effects, races are the same but classes are a lot more varied, and they can be combined and mixed, and magic and skills have a lot of uses (of course, there's a lot more).

Reactions: Evangelion-01

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Since Strive 2 is still a "demo", it has little in the way of story and there are a limited number of places to visit, and the advanced levels of forge and tailor have not been implemented yet (new, cool, powerful items will be forthcoming). As a sandbox, though, it really kicks ass. Strive 2 is a much, much better gaming system than Strive 1. Well worth checking it out.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
As a game it's good. Just bear in mind that it's at an early stage so some of the stuff that's in the game do not work correctly or are not yet implemented:
  • Elven capital and some settlements are missing visitation buttons.
  • The level 2 advanced mansion upgrades (except the rooms upgrades) don't do anything yet.
The current game mechanics work just fine, but some aspects are going to be changing in the next update which will make a drastic difference in how you play the game.

Numen Introduction

Next update will be adding first batch of events tied to gods and religion. There's one small sidequest with some exposition and a couple of random dungeon events which will allow player to find an deity altar to offer an item or a character to a shrine for varying results. Offering correct item will usually net a reward. There's also an option to demolish the shrine for materials but this will come with a risk of a curse.

Reputation shops and class unlock

Some of the classes are now locked behind quests and purchases. Many of them will be purchasable from guilds for reputation points. Those reputations points can also be used for some rare consumables (like Writ of exemption and oblivion potion) and materials.

Obedience system revamp

We are planning some chances to correct existing system. Basically, the issue is that it's too simple and makes social classes unneeded quickly. To sum it up, the new system will only let a few characters obtain infinite obedience, while others will have to be checked once in a while. We will be rebalancing some social skills and will try to make it feeling not too tedious and natural.

Other notable things:

• Sex traits will be hidden and will have to be learned for new characters
  • Story dialogue seduction checks will now be based on master's sex factor instead of charm factor
  • A couple new illustrations at some points
  • Many little balance changes
Once we are done with this update I plan to move to story expansion. It will be featuring further main story progression, civil war and more sidequests, which will be the main focus in October.

DuniX

Dec 20, 2016
Is there a way to automatically use bodies and portraits or do they have to be set manually?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
As a game it's good. Just bear in mind that it's at an early stage so some of the stuff that's in the game do not work correctly or are not yet implemented:
  • Elven capital and some settlements are missing visitation buttons.
  • The level 2 advanced mansion upgrades (except the rooms upgrades) don't do anything yet.
The current game mechanics work just fine, but some aspects are going to be changing in the next update which will make a drastic difference in how you play the game.
Not quiet true... the Level 2 tailor unlocks enchanted fabric and Level 3 unlocks etheral cloth
But it certainly lacks some variations on higher levels
similiar to the smith Level 3 unlocks Adamntine for example
And Alchemist Level 3 will unlock the enchanted wood (or what ever the max Level wood is called)

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
For now, the advanced upgrades unlock new resources, true. What I should have said is that they do not (yet) unlock new usable items such as weapons, armor, or tools.

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
For now, the advanced upgrades unlock new resources, true. What I should have said is that they do not (yet) unlock new usable items such as weapons, armor, or tools.
Well those new resources can be used for creating even stronger weapons and armor so I would still say they have a major impact on the already existing designs... but maybe they could tie certain materials to tiers and than make crafting with them limited to the production facility Level.
Like wood/iron/stone/bone for tier 1 productions and magic wood/iron wood/steel/mythril/ancient bones for tier 2 and finally enchanted wood/Adamantine/dragon bone for tier 3

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes