AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
is enslaving defeated enemies implemented? Didn't saw any options to capture prisoners.
When you end a battle with a boss enemy that can be enslaved (such as a bandit) you get the option buttons to enslave or to execute. To enslave you have to have an open mansion slot. This game is very much different than the first Strive, where you could enslave most anyone. Gone are the random (annoying) encounters while traveling, which had the benefit at least of being a ready source of useful loot.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
When you end a battle with a boss enemy that can be enslaved (such as a bandit) you get the option buttons to enslave or to execute. To enslave you have to have an open mansion slot. This game is very much different than the first Strive, where you could enslave most anyone. Gone are the random (annoying) encounters while traveling, which had the benefit at least of being a ready source of useful loot.
Ah, ok.
Yes, I was exactly expecting the old system of "walk-fight".
Personally, it didn't bothered me since you could easily just walk away, but it was great to capture specific races.

Execution most likely will be tied to gaining reputation later. You capture a wanted bandit, and dispose of him, and with some classes having public displays (humiliation, execution), you might get reputation (or different types of reps). We talked about it a lot when he first started Strive, and hope he implements!

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Ah, ok.
Yes, I was exactly expecting the old system of "walk-fight".
Personally, it didn't bothered me since you could easily just walk away, but it was great to capture specific races.

Execution most likely will be tied to gaining reputation later. You capture a wanted bandit, and dispose of him, and with some classes having public displays (humiliation, execution), you might get reputation (or different types of reps). We talked about it a lot when he first started Strive, and hope he implements!
Well it's basically either to take the former leader in and train him/her/it takeing responsibility for it's action or kill it in order to prevent it from causing more trouble... all this happens on the lowest Level of a Dungeon without any spectators aside of your combat group... so I doubt it'll have any other influence... you can consider it a cancel option at this point.
Also take into consideration that you can ONLY recruit Bandit Bosses, Goblin Bosses will be killed in battle no matter what same as Trolls, Lichs and Ogres for that matter

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
To be honest, it slipped my mind to ask Maverik if he was planning to reinstitute random encounters during travel. I really should ask him that and stop assuming that just because it's not in the game now that he won't put in in later.

Oh, I did neglect to mention that one of the random things that can happen while in a dungeon is find a prisoner that you can choose to enslave (if you have room for them) or set free. Setting them free gives you a loot chest.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
They're not playable races, so it makes sense that enslavement isn't an option.
They are though
To be honest, it slipped my mind to ask Maverik if he was planning to reinstitute random encounters during travel. I really should ask him that and stop assuming that just because it's not in the game now that he won't put in in later.

Oh, I did neglect to mention that one of the random things that can happen while in a dungeon is find a prisoner that you can choose to enslave (if you have room for them) or set free. Setting them free gives you a loot chest.
You can also find a room in the Goblin hideout with a single Goblin, prompting for different choices... an attempt to enslave (Slave) or recruit (Peon) that Goblin girl. (seems to check for Pow and Cha)
Alternativly you can ask that Goblin to bring you straight to their boss for the final encounter.
In the Groove Dungeon you can also recruit Fairies that way... maybe Dryads aswell, but I haven't been that lucky yet

Reactions: khumak

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
They are though

You can also find a room in the Goblin hideout with a single Goblin, prompting for different choices... an attempt to enslave (Slave) or recruit (Peon) that Goblin girl. (seems to check for Pow and Cha)
Alternativly you can ask that Goblin to bring you straight to their boss for the final encounter.
In the Groove Dungeon you can also recruit Fairies that way... maybe Dryads aswell, but I haven't been that lucky yet
Well, damn, I didn't notice that goblins were a playable race. Trolls and ogres aren't. I've not run across that room with the single goblin. Nor have I run into any recruitable fairies, either. Vagaries of the RNG. Since goblins are playable, it sucks that you cannot enslave the goblin boss. I wonder why Maverik won't let us do so?

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I asked Maverik about the goblin boss and his answer is that the goblins in the cave aren't "civilized". So the boss is classed as a "monster" in the code rather than as a "character". You can only enslave enemies tagged with the "character" class.

As for random encounters, he may add this: "it wouldn't be combat encounters, more of rare events similar to daily events in strive1".

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I asked Maverik about the goblin boss and his answer is that the goblins in the cave aren't "civilized". So the boss is classed as a "monster" in the code rather than as a "character". You can only enslave enemies tagged with the "character" class.

As for random encounters, he may add this: "it wouldn't be combat encounters, more of rare events similar to daily events in strive1".
Well in the room meeting the text states that the MC is suprised that the Goblin girl is civilized
...hmm... that reminds me of the "uncivilized" trait from part 1 though... with a Trainer in your team you could tame and train them enough to become normal members of your household.... Arachnea was always a monster with that trait

erkper

May 16, 2018
The bunny girl has 2 minor Events that are supposed to unlock her intimate options (and whoring as a job)
There are 4 main story Quests (1 for each Guild Faction), 2 of those at minimum can contain a sex Event with a unique Character each if your Cha and/or Sex skill are high enough.
and at the end of the main story you are introduced to your first major enemy on the political field
2 of the guild quests have a sex event? I know the mage guild does (the guild mistress' sister when you go fetch the books) - what is the other? Guessing I've probably never played through it with a high-enough Cha to get the sex option to fire.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
They are though

Nice. I had given up on that option because I always failed the recruit option so it seemed like a waste to skip a big chunk of the dungeon, but if that's another recruit option that works with better stats that could be more interesting.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
2 of the guild quests have a sex event? I know the mage guild does (the guild mistress' sister when you go fetch the books) - what is the other? Guessing I've probably never played through it with a high-enough Cha to get the sex option to fire.
The fighter guild quest... if you interrupt the fight before the Elf girl dies and than negotiate for the Lich to let her go or defeat him in combat you can ask for a reward of her... not sure wether it's a Cha or Sex check... but you can get intimate with her
Nice. I had given up on that option because I always failed the recruit option so it seemed like a waste to skip a big chunk of the dungeon, but if that's another recruit option that works with better stats that could be more interesting.
Just to be sure... the "lead me to your Boss" option does not result in a recruiting.
For that you need to choose to enslave her or persuade her to join you

Reactions: erkper and khumak

erkper

May 16, 2018
The fighter guild quest... if you interrupt the fight before the Elf girl dies and than negotiate for the Lich to let her go or defeat him in combat you can ask for a reward of her... not sure wether it's a Cha or Sex check... but you can get intimate with her
Must be a Cha check, you get a high sex score pretty easily just by "training" your girls but I haven't really played with a high-Cha character. Maybe I'll try a gigolo playthrough and just let my minions fight all my battles...

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Must be a Cha check, you get a high sex score pretty easily just by "training" your girls but I haven't really played with a high-Cha character. Maybe I'll try a gigolo playthrough and just let my minions fight all my battles...
Rule of thumb of RPGs:
PC always should have high CHA.

In Strive I, it was a bit harder at first to stay alive, but in here, since it's still on development, it's much easier.
You can take the "Curious" sex skill at start, it gives regular extra XP per sex (aside of sex xp), easier to level up (and if you find a peon/slave with the "teacher" skill, then both will benefit by having sex)
You already start with some magic skills, so you can go for high CHA and phys, and take a slutty class (just leave MAG at 2, in case you want a magical class later)

Harlot has a "Distract" skill which is pretty useful (lowers hit and evade on an opponent), the "Pet" class has "reward" skills, meaning you can serve up to 3-4 peons/slaves aside of regular interactions, and get their loyalty/obedience to the roof, plus gain lots of xp.
You could keep going for slutty classes, but they all have similar skills, so you could take the "attendant" class, which gives a healing and a free use of an item.
All this lets you level up relatively fast, as well as keeping your guys/gals doing most of the work, witout having to rely on magic or combat yourself.

(besides, is pretty much impossible to die in a dungeon. Use the "turn" option instead of running time, and once you're dungeoning, after a difficult battle, just click mansion -do not return the party- and "end turn", basically rest for 1-2 hours, and get healed as much as you want. Then you can click back on the dungeon and keep going. Tricky but still not a cheat lol)

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Whoa, that's a lot of wrong info - the way I see it.
- MC's charisma doesn't matter. With "Great" growth a whore MC is a waste. Extra rewards from quests are negligible.
- Never set a stat to 2. Make it 1. Why? It's 200G to raise it to 2 in the slave market...
-> MC's charisma should always be 1 at creation IMO. Get it to 2 when it's close to 20, put on some cat ears and you can get (edit) 50 CHA, which is almost enough for recruiting Fairies - which should be the highest check in the current game (25-55 iirc). edit: this check is not necessarily the master, but the most charming character in your party.

- whore are dead weight in fights. 'Distract' not only is near-useless, it does not train CHA (or any stat). If you have harlots in your party, have them gain 10 PHY, and give them a worker outfit so they can become Dancers, and get a CHA-boosting social skill. Consider a Succubus - they can use MC's Lust, which is useless unless your MC is a pet (I don't judge), plus they have Charm for decent crowd control and training aid.

But yeah, a 0-combat playthrough is very much doable. I wrote about that before. Trainers in particular, build up incredible amounts of Lust with 10+ residents.
Also true, Attendant is a great post-combat healer, and bandages can be sold to a profit, so it's good to have one.

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Whoa, that's a lot of wrong info - the way I see it.
- MC's charisma doesn't matter. With "Great" growth a whore MC is a waste. Extra rewards from quests are negligible.
-> MC's charisma should always be 1 at creation IMO. Get it to 2 when it's close to 20, put on some cat ears and you can get 55 CHA, which is enough for recruiting Fairies - which should be the highest check in the current game (25-55 iirc)
But yeah, a 0-combat playthrough is very much doable. I wrote about that before. Trainers in particular, build up incredible amounts of Lust with 10+ residents.
Also true, Attendant is a great post-combat healer, and bandages can be sold to a profit, so it's good to have one.
Actually there is quiet some trueth to what he said.
Cha makes social skills more usefull, i.e. praise, punish and chaste at the beginning allowing you to make more slaves become loyal much faster.
Cha raises the rewards you get for completing side Quests.
With high Cha you can recruit Monsters (Goblins and fairies so far) in the Dungeon
With High Cha you can get several new interactions during Events... i.e. you can request a lowered price for Daisy and can Seduce those 2 Mission based encounters of unique Characters... for a Master a Cha class is actually more valuable than a combat class.
Starting class should be apprentice though
- Never set a stat to 2. Make it 1. Why? It's 200G to raise it to 2 in the slave market...
Wrong it's 10 Wood and 100 Gold... if you acuse someone of false information atleast check your own facts
- whore are dead weight in fights. 'Distract' not only is near-useless, it does not train CHA (or any stat). If you have harlots in your party, have them gain 10 PHY, and give them a worker outfit so they can become Dancers, and get a CHA-boosting social skill. Consider a Succubus - they can use MC's Lust, which is useless unless your MC is a pet (I don't judge), plus they have Charm for decent crowd control and training aid.
While I agree that mid to late game they are useless at the start they still serve a purpose
Pets can Serve a Character for an exp and loyality boost at the cost of users lust, Harlots can reward with sex, same move but requires targets lust both classes are required for Sex Toy... given the Talent increase of these 3 abilities you can get "Excelent"[6] in 4 Talents alone

Last edited:
Reactions: AWolfe

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Wrong it's 10 Wood and 100 Gold... if you accuse someone of false information at least check your own facts
It's kind of picking nits, but 10 wood is worth 100g, so his statement of 200g is sort of correct -- from the perspective of assuming that you have to buy the needed 10 wood in a shop. Still, his making accusations of "false information" was rude, as well as inaccurate.

He's also dismissing the increased value of side quest rewards from high CHA. Does anyone have any facts that they'd care to share about what the increase in the rewards are per point of CHA? I personally find that having high CHA on your master character is highly useful in the early game, and early game advantages are very important considerations when creating your two starting characters.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
It's kind of picking nits, but 10 wood is worth 100g, so his statement of 200g is sort of correct -- from the perspective of assuming that you have to buy the needed 10 wood in a shop. Still, his making accusations of "false information" was rude, as well as inaccurate.

He's also dismissing the increased value of side quest rewards from high CHA. Does anyone have any facts that they'd care to share about what the increase in the rewards are per point of CHA? I personally find that having high CHA on your master character is highly useful in the early game, and early game advantages are very important considerations when creating your two starting characters.
While you are right about the market prices for wood, just remember that the Upgrade lvl 2->3 cost 10 magic wood and 200 Gold... so people could get even more confused by this inaccuracy
Can't tell you the formula but it sums up to at minimum reduces the requires Quest to be completed by one or if high reward Quest two in order to get the 300 faction points.
Also far more useful than the rewards are the increased efficients by building authority, obedience, submission and loyality

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Also far more useful than the rewards are the increased efficients by building authority, obedience, submission and loyality
I agree with you 100%. There is a noticeable difference in managing your peons and slaves when the MC has high CHA.

When you're creating your MC you have enough points to raise your primary stat to 4-5 as well as CHA to 5. Where else could you put the points used for CHA that would do you as much good? Your MC does not need to be both a fighter and a mage, so there really isn't any better place to put the points than in CHA. Of course I'm predicating this on a fighter MC. Someone who prefers a wizard MC will need the points to have both high WIT and high MAG. However, the game gives you more stat points for creating your sidekick than it does for your MC, so it's more efficient to create the MC as a fighter and make the sidekick a mage (who needs the extra points) than the other way around. I've tried it both ways, so I'm speaking from experience.

3.30 star(s) 44 Votes