scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Okay thanks, also a couple more questions if you don't mind, firstly any way to get rid of a sexual trait?
Sexual traits are mental traits: to clear them, give your slave an "Elixir of Clarity" (to brew it, your alchemy room must be fully upgraded). This very strong potion can be found in treasures too.
As @redle said, some traits can be erased by forcing the opposite behavior. For instance, through orgies, Monogamous slaves can become Fickle; having sex with people of the opposite gender can make gay -> bisex and bisex -> straight. To raise your chances, cast the Entrancement spell on your slaves.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Okay thanks. I'll have to see about editing the save then, tried using Notepad++ but didn't get a full thing, just a small blurb that wouldn't change anything.
If you want to use Notepad++, : this make your save easier to read.

Reactions: sp1ker

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Sexual traits are mental traits: to clear them, give your slave an "Elixir of Clarity" (to brew it, your alchemy room must be fully upgraded). This very strong potion can be found in treasures too.
As @redle said, some traits can be erased by forcing the opposite behavior. For instance, through orgies, Monogamous slaves can become Fickle; having sex with people of the opposite gender can make gay -> bisex and bisex -> straight. To raise your chances, cast the Entrancement spell on your slaves.
Think I checked everything but clarity. Oblivion and Regression both give a description that makes them sound like they should remove them.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Think I checked everything but clarity. Oblivion and Regression both give a description that makes them sound like they should remove them.
They are the ingredients needed to brew the Elixir of Clarity.
The Elixir can also clear a physical trait, but the slave must be send to the laboratory. Also, 100 gold and 50 mana are consumed; the slave is unavailable for three days.
Tried installing that, says it doesn't work with my current version of Notepad++
Sorry, a few months ago it worked (Notepad v7.5.8). Looking for a solution.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Tried installing that, says it doesn't work with my current version of Notepad++
Which version have you downloaded? Have you clicked "JSTool for Notepad++" on the top bar? The main page is about Visual Studio. Or try .

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Which version have you downloaded? Have you clicked "JSTool for Notepad++" on the top bar? The main page is about Visual Studio. Or try .
That's the one I downloaded. The one on the forums you linked previously didn't open

redle

Apr 12, 2017
They are the ingredients needed to brew the Elixir of Clarity.
The Elixir can also clear a physical trait, but the slave must be send to the laboratory. Also, 100 gold and 50 mana are consumed; the slave is unavailable for three days.
Yeah, I had tried the in-lab solution to remove the trait. I just did not try to use the potion directly. As for the other potions being ingredients for Clarity... yeah, but Regression says it reduces the mental state to that of a child. To me, while gay/straight (although obviously not in this game as it is very mutable) might be inborn, liking it rough, anal, or other categories are things that should not be inborn. And Oblivion's description is that it "clears fixations."

I was just pointing out that the descriptions sounded like they should accomplish the task, but they do not. The game does not ever list anything as a "fixation" or a "mental quality" nor say what "mental state of a child" might mean. So one can only guess what is meant by these different phrases. And using the potions can often result in no noticeable affect, so it is not really a try-and-see situation. When I play I mostly do not pay any attention to those traits anyway. Simply tried a few things real quick to see if they yielded an answer for emperor's question.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
@Emperor_Arcturus I didn't notice, I see you guys discussing which version of the plugin you are trying to use, but did you look to see which version of notepad++ you are using? Might need to update that first.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I have downloaded both the latest releases of Notepad++ and the plugin a few minutes ago, everything works as expected. In my case:
- npp.7.6.6.bin.zip
- JSToolNPP.1.1903.0.uni.32.zip
I have installed JSTool manually. Are you using the right version (32/64bit)?

notepad.png
I was just pointing out that the descriptions sounded like they should accomplish the task, but they do not.
Right, unfortunately some descriptions are outdated and some requirements are missing. For instance, when you remove a physical trait, those 50 mana are not mentioned, the code says:
Code:
Select physical trait  to remove from $name. Requires 1 [color=yellow]Clarity Potion[/color], 100 gold and 3 days.

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
I have downloaded both the latest releases of Notepad++ and the plugin a few minutes ago, everything works as expected. In my case:
- npp.7.6.6.bin.zip
- JSToolNPP.1.1903.0.uni.32.zip
I have installed JSTool manually. Are you using the right version (32/64bit)?

View attachment 279549

Right, unfortunately some descriptions are outdated and some requirements are missing. For instance, when you remove a physical trait, those 50 mana are not mentioned, the code says:
Code:
Select physical trait  to remove from $name. Requires 1 [color=yellow]Clarity Potion[/color], 100 gold and 3 days.
I downloaded the 32bit version and that fixed my problem

Aidevilehelli

Nov 1, 2017
i notice that you can get the slave to walk around naked. I've already brand my slave with advance branding and i get new rules to select. Where can i see them naked?

redle

Apr 12, 2017
i notice that you can get the slave to walk around naked. I've already brand my slave with advance branding and i get new rules to select. Where can i see them naked?
I imagine you've noticed that the game does not really do much with images at all. It is self-described as a text based game. I don't think the code cares at all that you apply a setting to act like a pet or wear less clothes or any other change. You set what image to show for a portrait and what to show for a body. Then those are the images you can see. If you expect the game to suddenly start showing different images of people based on what is happening in the game, you will be sadly disappointed.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
If you want a slave management game that uses pictures and changes what you see based on actions you take check out Brothel King and the girl packs for it. Strive for Power is a text based game first and foremost, the images are incidental.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Because it never gets old, for those of you nasty cheaters, use this link:

No download required, it works with pretty much anything.

Note:
if you use notepad, just pay a bit of attention.Each character has his own string of lines. It's relatively simple to catch were a string of X character ends, and another starts.
But it's simplier with the link above :p
Enjoy!

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Because it never gets old, for those of you nasty cheaters, use this link:

No download required, it works with pretty much anything.

Note:
if you use notepad, just pay a bit of attention.Each character has his own string of lines. It's relatively simple to catch were a string of X character ends, and another starts.
But it's simplier with the link above :p
Enjoy!
Except for the fact that recently.. most (or some) of the variables that you can change are locked behind "paywall". I tried to modify a save for another game but most of things that I wanted to change were mostly locked because I needed to be a patreon of him/her for modifying the saves. So sorry, but guess I'm gonna use Cheat Engine if anything, from now on.

Or Notepad or other save editors. Was just an example for other games and not this one in particular.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Strive for Power saves are JSON files: if you don't like to use text editors and prefer online tools, visit .

For RPG Maker MV / Twine games there is , lets you edit Flash saves and Ren'py has its own console.
I don't like at all saveeditonline, tried once and it didn't let me upload three or four saves in a row.

Note for Linux users: the equivalent of Cheat Engine is Game Conqueror, a GUI for Scanmem.

Reactions: Reij

Dinadass

Aug 14, 2017
Anyone have a copy of 5.22 laying around? Wanted to test out the Arics Expansion mod and the previous link in here to 5.22 doesn't seem to work anymore.

EDIT: never mind, found the public version on their itch

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes