Scorpi7

Jun 1, 2018
hi guys , i wanna play this game but idk how to setup this game bec i saw the link for the game and other links for art pack .
what should i do ? should i download all the links and put them together so i can have the game with all pic's ? i wanna play the game with all CGs

Red469

May 18, 2018
How do you get snails for the farm?
Hi Fara
Thats easy:
1. Build the farm FIRST
2. Not sure which one but thinking its likely to be one of em: Marsh or far eerie keep exploring till you come across one
3. From there you should note that you will need a nice stash of food as it takes 200 food to tame em

Enjoy

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Red469

May 18, 2018
hi guys , i wanna play this game but idk how to setup this game bec i saw the link for the game and other links for art pack .
what should i do ? should i download all the links and put them together so i can have the game with all pic's ? i wanna play the game with all CGs
ya pretty much

Heres a few things to note:
pay attention to the instructions of where they supposed to go, and if you run into trouble just ask

Reactions: Scorpi7

Red469

May 18, 2018
Hi guys

Anyone know how to alter trait inheritance chance ?
Ya I know its variables.gd BUT I got an older version of the game and Mine does not have it in there, soo, wondering if I need to stick it in there OR

Is there somewhere else that it is located... the version I got is 0.5.7d

Thank you in advance for the help :)

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Hi guys

Ya I know its variables.gd BUT I got an older version of the game and Mine does not have it in there, soo, wondering if I need to stick it in there OR

Odd. I am looking at version 0.5.22 here, which is even older, and it's already located in variables.gd (traitinheritchance under Pregnancies).

Reactions: Red469

Red469

May 18, 2018
Odd. I am looking at version 0.5.22 here, which is even older, and it's already located in variables.gd (traitinheritchance under Pregnancies).
Would you be so kind as to Post that bit of code and where to enter it?
What I have so far is the ability to alter it within the constants menu BUT I want it to stay set to what I want it at... either a pic or if u could just post what your lookin at here that would be fantastic

Or if you want to just post the file here that works too, what ever is easier for you

O by the way... not sure HOW I did this BUT I managed to get one of the latest version upgrades without all the falderall, my game has children in it now...

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Would you be so kind as to Post that bit of code and where to enter it?
Open your variables.gd file with a text editor. It's located in the game folder/files/scripts. Somewhere near line 25 or so you should see something like this:
Code:
#Pregnancies
var pregduration = 31.0
var growuptimechild = 15.0
var growuptimeteen = 20.0
var growuptimeadult = 25.0
var traitinheritchance = 80.0
var babynewtraitchance = 20.0
By default it would appear to be 80% chance to inherit a trait. But keep in mind this a file for 0.5.22 so it may be slightly different now.

Red469

May 18, 2018
Open your variables.gd file with a text editor. It's located in the game folder/files/scripts. Somewhere near line 25 or so you should see something like this:
Code:
#Pregnancies
var pregduration = 31.0
var growuptimechild = 15.0
var growuptimeteen = 20.0
var growuptimeadult = 25.0
var traitinheritchance = 80.0
var babynewtraitchance = 20.0
By default it would appear to be 80% chance to inherit a trait. But keep in mind this a file for 0.5.22 so it may be slightly different now.
Thank you VERY Much for that I will give this a shot and see what happens
Well so far has not worked, I will keep trying.

Last edited:

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Hi guys

I don't think you can. If the changelog in the OP is right, trait inheritance has been introduced with v0.5.16:
Children now inherit parents' traits with 80% chance and also might get a new trait with 20% chance (adjustable in variables.gd)
What you can do is modding the impregnation function (in 0.5.7d it should still be in files\globals.gd) and add a few lines borrowed from the current release:
Code:
	baby.cleartraits()
	var traitpool = father.traits + mother.traits
	for i in traitpool:
		if rand_range(0,100) <= variables.traitinheritchance:
			baby.add_trait(i)

if rand_range(0,100) <= variables.babynewtraitchance:
		baby.add_trait(globals.origins.traits('any').name)
just before the line:
Code:
	connectrelatives(mother, baby, 'mother')
variables.traitinheritchance and variables.babynewtraitchance are not defined, replace them with some numbers (put 80 and 20 respectively, to be consistent with the current game).

Red469

May 18, 2018
I don't think you can. If the changelog in the OP is right, trait inheritance has been introduced with v0.5.16:

What you can do is modding the impregnation function (in 0.5.7d it should still be in files\globals.gd) and add a few lines borrowed from the current release:
Code:
    baby.cleartraits()
    var traitpool = father.traits + mother.traits
    for i in traitpool:
        if rand_range(0,100) <= variables.traitinheritchance:
            baby.add_trait(i)

if rand_range(0,100) <= variables.babynewtraitchance:
        baby.add_trait(globals.origins.traits('any').name)
just before the line:
Code:
    connectrelatives(mother, baby, 'mother')
variables.traitinheritchance and variables.babynewtraitchance are not defined, replace them with some numbers (put 80 and 20 respectively, to be consistent with the current game).
I will give this a shot later tomorrow when I have a few to mess with this...

Thank you again, for all your help.

I know this is likely to not be around but is there any links to the older versions of this game before the new system?

Edit :files\globals.gd not found
I did check scripts and appdata Nowhere to be found unless its under a different name.

Last edited:

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I know this is likely to not be around but is there any links to the older versions of this game before the new system?
Afaik the itch.io app should allow you to download older releases (there should be an icon with a gear). I never installed it though.
Edit :files\globals.gd not found
I did check scripts and appdata Nowhere to be found unless its under a different name.
Unfortunately the oldest release I have is 0.5.14d (and I only saved the .gd scripts). I don't remember how the files were organized before then. I don't even know if my solution actually works, probably it must be slightly adjusted.
CTRL-F "func impreg" in the folder, you should be able to find where the function is defined.

Psilocide

Sep 6, 2017
I keep getting stuck on Amber Road - anyone else have this issue?
Anytime I go out there, there is no way back out. I can go deeper in, and from there I can come back to the central area, but those are my only two options - it never lets me go through, and never lets me return to Amberguard.
Anyone who's seen this know how I would get back?

4.20 star(s) 48 Votes