sp1ker

Apr 29, 2017
does anyone know what the cheats for this game are and also how do you download the extra art packs into the game
The cheat code for Patreon supporters is directly in the OP. It unlocks a panel that you can use to change many variables.

If you're on Windows, see this previous post for art packs:
Not sure why it isn't in the OP, but probably the most common question here.
1) For answers to most questions, all the mods, and all the portrait packs, check out the main website/forum at Itch.io -
2) copied from a post there:
  • "Where i need to place them?" - "C:\Users\userName\AppData\Roaming\Strive" or %appdata%\Strive - press win+r keys and paste it or just type in address bar. There's a "portraits" and "bodies" folder in that "Strive" folder.
  • Alternatively, within the game you can click on Portraits or "Full Body Image", then click the right side button that says "Open System Folder" - it will open the actual folder that you can then drag the portraits and body images into

Glad

Oct 10, 2017
I just saw that this game is completed but I thought that it’s still being made?
"Completed", in this case, means that the dev is pretty much done with it and is working on a sequel. So all the half-baked stuff like combat, interaction system etc., stay the way they are now.

It's completely bizarre to me that this game gets more money and attention than something like Portals of Pheroeon.

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
It's completely bizarre to me that this game gets more money and attention than something like Portals of Pheroeon.
Portals of Pheroeon's refusal to let you make a male protagonist certainly has something to do with it.

Reactions: Reij

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I am not into pregnancy and I like classic fantasy races: why should I play a game that is about breeding monstergirls?
Also PoP is in Unity and it is not easy to mod, while hacking Strive is a piece of cake.

Speaking of image packs, a brief description or even better some previews would be useful.

sp1ker

Apr 29, 2017
What is the best image pack to use
Speaking of image packs, a brief description or even better some previews would be useful.
Check out the portrait packs here:
There are descriptions and often samples.
If you have a playstyle that favors a heavy rotation of slaves with buying and selling all the time, you probably want just a big, varied pack. If you get invested in a few, then you might want a pack with more full-size-pictures that requires a bit more careful choosing of the pictures. My pack is all real photos, and the others are all anime-style.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Check out the portrait packs here:
There are descriptions and often samples.
Yes, actually I meant in the OP. Together with your instructions. Or those of a1fox3.
Not for me, I don't use image packs. But the question is legit.
Is Art pack needed and which one should be downloaded? What do they do?
Totally optional. Only a dozen of characters have a portrait and a body. Sorry, as I said I can't answer your second question.

On a side note, Tia and Ivran (Ivrette) are still faceless.

joe316

Dec 3, 2016
Not surprised to see others complain about the horrible save system and combat in this game.

Stupid idea to only allow saves in the mansion.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Funny that this game was created by one of those moral faggots and you have to have consentual sex with your slaves.

Doubt that Thomas Jefferson got consent from his slaves before he raped them.
That's an interesting opinion about a game where rape is the default for sexual interactions, or maybe you expected them to just let you rape them and you couldn't figure out how to overpower them.

Not surprised to see others complain about the horrible save system and combat in this game.

Stupid idea to only allow saves in the mansion.
Indeed the save and combat systems are lackluster. It was Maverick's first game and he didn't even know how to program when he started. Now he knows better, but he's tired of dealing with all the layers of problems in Strive's code, so he decided to move on make Displaced and a sequel to Strive. I've been patching problems with Strive, but it takes a lot of work and precise feedback from other users.

For those interested, I've got a bugfix patch for v0.5.25 on the Strive Discord(channel: #mods) for many old and new issues, mostly related to the GUI.
The Discord or the official forums are generally better places to get problems fixed.
Edit: fixed grammar

Last edited:

roland

Jul 1, 2017
heyho
i wanna change the Acid Spit to a multi target spell and the single Heal to a Group heal, with more mana costs oc.......but it ended up with the Spit hitting my own Group and the Heal is a Selfheal only ^^

guess i missed something at the edit, but i cant see it

any help, pls :)

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Lol. Post your scripts, I'm sure other players can figure out what went wrong.

it ended up with the Spit hitting my own Group
Unironically this should happen randomly to characters with the "Clumsy" trait. Or another brand new trait.
Another trait I'd like to implement is the SpellSlut. The more spells she casts, the more her lust goes up (© Davie Zwei).

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 48 Votes