scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Nice, now we need a new thread. How does it work? Should someone post on Game Requests?
For those interested, I've got a bugfix patch for v0.5.25 on the Strive Discord(channel: #mods) for many old and new issues, mostly related to the GUI.
Can someone share it, please?

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Questions:
1) How do I raise Grade? Can't find the interface that lets me do it
2) Plus (+) next to name... what does that mean? Looked at wiki and nothing.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Questions:
1) How do I raise Grade? Can't find the interface that lets me do it
2) Plus (+) next to name... what does that mean? Looked at wiki and nothing.
It should be mentioned in the tutorial:
Servant's Grade reflects their current attitude, expectations and demands. Low grade severely limits mental stats, while high grade requires a Luxurious lifestyle or they will grow untrustworthy. Grade can be changed at Slavers Guild
Plus (+) => your slave is ready to level up. Ask her what she needs.

Reactions: ĐȺɍꝁnɇss

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Finally got to the point I can sustain things on Day 14. Pretty much doing no prostitution so far (had one girl work there for 1-2 days?), very combat/exploration focused

- Farming Combat in the Wimborn Outskirts on 2 bandit harassing one person/level 1 situations helps a ton; I capture one of the female bandits, let everyone live and the person usually is grateful and I ask for a material reward, Gold and/or Gear.
- I luckily got a lot of sundresses and maid outfits to slowly grow Obedience and reduce Stress. Talk I take them out to the Garden and a lot of Chat-Hold Hands-Hug-Touch-Intimiate Talk to build loyalty and trust.
- scrumbles answering my Question so fast helped take my ladies to the next level. Finally finished Step 2 and 3 of the main quest and got some of them Magic.

I Just wish I could get the portraits and bodies working right; females on male bodies and all that.

Code:
ERROR: load_source_code: Condition ' err ' is true. returned: err
   At: modules/gdscript/gdscript.cpp:813
ERROR: load: Condition ' err != OK ' is true. returned: RES()
   At: modules/gdscript/gdscript.cpp:2172
ERROR: Failed loading resource: user://mods/randomportraits/randomportraits.gd
   At: core/io/resource_loader.cpp:285
SCRIPT ERROR: randomportrait: Attempt to call function 'new' in base 'null instance' on a null instance.
          At: res://files/scripts/characters/constructor.gd:181
SCRIPT ERROR: randomportrait: Attempt to call function 'new' in base 'null instance' on a null instance.

Last edited:

Ardlan

Mar 29, 2018
Finally got to the point I can sustain things on Day 14. Pretty much doing no prostitution so far (had one girl work there for 1-2 days?), very combat/exploration focused

- Farming Combat in the Wimborn Outskirts on 2 bandit harassing one person/level 1 situations helps a ton; I capture one of the female bandits, let everyone live and the person usually is grateful and I ask for a material reward, Gold and/or Gear.
- I luckily got a lot of sundresses and maid outfits to slowly grow Obedience and reduce Stress. Talk I take them out to the Garden and a lot of Chat-Hold Hands-Hug-Touch-Intimiate Talk to build loyalty and trust.
- scrumbles answering my Question so fast helped take my ladies to the next level. Finally finished Step 2 and 3 of the main quest and got some of them Magic.

I Just wish I could get the portraits and bodies working right; females on male bodies and all that.

Code:
Well I would guess it's one of the following problems (most likely the first):
1.) The file "randomportraits.gd" is missing. Check %appdata%\Strive\mods\ if you play in windows. Dunno where mods are under Linux or Mac. For Linux you can use the "locate" command to find it.
2.) The file "randomportraits.gd" is damaged/corrupted.
3.) You don't have any Bodies/Portraits to load but that's the least likely reason. Check %appdata%\Strive\ if you aren't sure there you should have put a Bodies and a Portraits folder with pictures.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Well I would guess it's one of the following problems (most likely the first):
1.) The file "randomportraits.gd" is missing. Check %appdata%\Strive\mods\ if you play in windows. Dunno where mods are under Linux or Mac. For Linux you can use the "locate" command to find it.
Found it located at AppData\Roaming\Strive\mods\Random Portraits.

One other thing: The actual game is installed on my E:/ drive and the folder where the Bodies/Portraits are in the system drive (C:/). Could it be looking in the wrong drive?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
The path is right. Which mods have you already installed? Some of them may conflict with each other. Have you tried with a fresh install?

A few tips about the game:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
The path is right. Which mods have you already installed? Some of them may conflict with each other. Have you tried with a fresh install?
Just the two that are supposed to work with each other, All In One v2.9 + Random Portrait packs v1.0.

Ardlan

Mar 29, 2018
Found it located at AppData\Roaming\Strive\mods\Random Portraits.

One other thing: The actual game is installed on my E:/ drive and the folder where the Bodies/Portraits are in the system drive (C:/). Could it be looking in the wrong drive?
If there isn't a "randomportraits" folder in your "Random Portraits" rename the "Random Portraits" to "randomportraits" otherwise put the "randomportraits" folder into mods.

I just tried it on my side if I rename my folder to "Random Portraits" I get the same error as you, even if I change the Name in the FileOrder.ini. If I use "randomportraits" as name it works.

Reactions: TFM

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
If there isn't a "randomportraits" folder in your "Random Portraits" rename the "Random Portraits" to "randomportraits" otherwise put the "randomportraits" folder into mods.

I just tried it on my side if I rename my folder to "Random Portraits" I get the same error as you, even if I change the Name in the FileOrder.ini. If I use "randomportraits" as name it works.
Holy crap that's right. I tend to rename folders to caps to denote importance. Just changed it and everything works now. Any other portrait packs/mods you recommend?

Last edited:

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
I tend to rename folders to caps to denote importance. Just changed it and everything works now.
:eek: Today I learned that file folder names actually take caps into account. If you're wondering how I made it to 35 without ever realizing this- well, your guess is as good as mine. Hell, it's a miracle I haven't walked into a bus yet.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
:eek: Today I learned that file folder names actually take caps into account.
It depends on the , actually.
That's why Linux users (like me) must practice Voodoo rituals before playing an innocent game...

Reinyn

May 22, 2017
Hi, just wanted to let you know that i have been testing the demo for strive 2 a bit. From what i have seen already, if this is only a demo then it is going to be a great game when actually finished.

I found out something funny though, the portraits and body pictures work pretty much the same way as in strive 1. And the body and portrait packs at the beginning of this thread work for strive 2 as well. Only thing is, any race that is in strive 2 that was not in strive 1 won't have any pictures of their race.

I have a few ideas though, and i hope maverick reads them here.

1) Right now it is still a bit to much micro managing. You have to manually fill in schedules daily. Would it not be better if you fill in the schedule once and then have an option with repeat daily? I mean the schedule can always be adjusted later right?

2) The fear and obedience system. Maybe overtime after fear has decreased enough have daily obedience decrease less and less. Until it does not decrease anymore. ( Like the slave in question starts trusting her master overtime ).

With high regards,

Reinyn

Last edited:

faceface2

Jun 21, 2018
im pretty sure "strive for power 2" is just a copy of .5.4 some random dude put up on newgrounds. that being said this form should concider updating to the new public version of the game.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Strive for Power originally was an HTML game.
When Maverik ported the game to Godot Engine, he renamed it as Strive for Power 2 and it is still called like that on Newgrounds.

But nowadays the dev just call it Strive for Power, while Strive for Power 2 is a brand new game (techically, it's a sequel, but the mechanics are different and the saves are not compatible).

UserX

Feb 5, 2018
A question: how do I use free attribute points when the attributes are already at their max? I have a level 8 with 2 attribute points, and I have no idea how to use them.

4.20 star(s) 48 Votes