Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Ehhh, somehow I can't the new v0.5.25, but v0.5.2.2, v0.5.17b and v0.5.22b run just fine. A cmd window pops up, then the game window with the loading screen. After a few seconds, both close without leaving a error message.

I've "cleaned" out the strive folder in app data, only (re-)using bodies and portraits folder. During another test run, the game made a empty mods folder, "progress" file and settings.ini. The game folder only got the files of v0.5.25 and the opengl3d.dll. All png, wav and ogg files are only available as .import atm (for example "files/images/brothelhost.png.import"). The game can't seem to manage to... decompile them?

After a few failed attempts, I've opened the game through cmd, which allowed me to keep the log that pops up in cmd during the start of the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I've "cleaned" out the strive folder in app data, only (re-)using bodies and portraits folder. During another test run, the game made a empty mods folder, "progress" file and settings.ini. The game folder only got the files of v0.5.25 and the opengl3d.dll. All png, wav and ogg files are only available as .import atm (for example "files/images/brothelhost.png.import"). The game can't seem to manage to... decompile them?
What is the size of the game folder? Have you extracted the .import folder too? All the resources should be inside it, but the game doesn't find them.

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
scrumbles
Ehhh, the .import folder was kind of part of the deal, so yeah. It's full of .stex files (like 0.png-2601b4f68acbf745b4d24db2c672712d.stex for example).

Edit:
I've got a import folder, .import wouldn't work due to missing file name (you can make files without file extentions, but can't start folders with a dot. A folder named import.zip/.rar/.7zip/.whatever does work, though, just don't start the foldername with a dot. @_@")

Last edited:

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Ehhh, the .import folder was kind of part of the deal, so yeah. It's full of .stex files (like 0.png-2601b4f68acbf745b4d24db2c672712d.stex for example).
Are the .import and files folder at the same location? Like, you didn't accidentally put .import inside files? Actually, could you give a screenshot of your game folder?

Reactions: Suryujin

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
This is correct: those files are the images and sounds of the game, compressed and encrypted by the engine. Like Duke Greene says, doublecheck the relative position of the directory. The folder tree hasn't changed since v0.5.22b.

The only new thing is that, starting from v0.5.24, the game is built on top of Godot engine 3.1: but I never heard of graphic card / driver issues.

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Duke Greene scrumbles
My old v0.5.22b folder (put in storage, just like the other two), still has .png/.wav/.ogg files. The game DID work once upon a time after all. It's just the "new" v0.5.25 that doesn't want to uncompress/decrypt the files.

The v0.5.22b also has .import files and a import folder with stex files or at least mine does... maybe I've slapped the update of v0.5.22b ontop once? Don't think so and game still shows v0.5.22b as well.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I've got a import folder, .import wouldn't work due to missing file name
The .import folder MUST start with a dot.

If you can't rename /extract the folder correctly, copy and past the .import folder from any previous release, then overwrite the old files with the new ones.

My old v0.5.22b folder (put in storage, just like the other two), still has .png/.wav/.ogg files.
You have most likely overwritten some old version. Resources are encrypted since when the game was ported to Godot 3 (many months ago).

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
scrumbles
Windows didn't allow me to rename it, Bulk Rename Utility got it on first try.

Seems like I did, still works as v0.5.22b though.

Also, cmd now only shows "OpenGL ES 2.0 Renderer: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2" during start, no errors. They only appear when I exit the game (though are gone a second or two later with the cmd window).

Reactions: scrumbles

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Seems like I did, still works as v0.5.22b though.

Also, cmd now only shows "OpenGL ES 2.0 Renderer: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2" during start, no errors. They only appear when I exit the game (though are gone a second or two later with the cmd window).
Versions older than 0.5.24 should display OpenGL ES 3.0 and not 2.0 because support for 2.0 was only re-added by Godot 3.1. You may have a mod overwriting the main menu (and therefore the version number) but system-wise you're likely on 0.5.25.

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Duke Greene
What I meant was, that that is what the cmd window shows, when I start the v0.5.25. I actually don't have any mods atm (yet, still looking), other than the bodies/portraits from the OP.

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
My Mini Guide: Beginner Level

Just wanted to do a quick guide from a beginner to other beginners lol. I can't say it will prove useful, but I had to reload several times back or start over quite a few times before I managed to get a steady progress going. Remember, this guide is for those who picked the "recommended" beginner set up.

Main issue is your too weak from the start with only 10hp and it doesn't matter how much endurance you give yourself from the start, you still have 10. It also seems difficult to earn coins. Here is my solution.

1 - Pick Dark elf to have +1 in agility from the start. This way you can add 1 agility to use a long sword and 1 on endurance for more Hp. I went with 7/7/2/2 in character creation and +1 on agility and endurance in game.

2 - Give your servant pretty voice trait to earn more money from performances. Avoid any prostitution work and don't get pregnant early game (check all your girls statistics each turn cause you won't be notified). No Creampies (note if you do anal creampies often, it will become a trait and they will prefer it).

3 - At the start, grab all the quests you can and grab Emily from the brothel.

4 - Upgrade your first girl instantly to commoner (200 gold). This will take 3 turns. In that time, work on improving Emilys obedience and loyalty. Also, may not be a good idea to have sex every day. Some tips:
Alcohol lowers stress and lewd, praise and pat head may lower stress as well. Move your location to garden/city and don't hesitate to kiss a girl you just met, it works often and by a lot (especially if they don't like you). Hugs are also effective. Careful of the french kisses, they may not like that. Never abuse (unless they have masochist trait).

5 - Once your training is done for your first girl (to become a commoner), work on her next. When it shows all green on the text on what they think about you, work on training stats (set her to go to the library and teach during interaction which will raise stress so careful). Make sure she's often dancing often for cash. Description tells you what stats you need to improve your dancing effectiveness (such as charm). Emily has high wit so she can increase her stats with training much faster then the others but she's not suited for combat. I would go magic for her. In general, to know what a girl is good at, just look at the numbers.

6 - Most important, make sure your scouting every day (leave town). At the start, you can't win so don't bother. If bandits find you and your forced to fight, game over. Mostly you want to travel to ancient forest and the elven area to find hidden treasure chests. If you can, make it to other citys and buy some lock picks and torches. Your main goal is to find armor. Carry supplies for long journeys (you can make way points but you need like 500 gold when u first visit a new city). Once you get everyone armor + 1 endurance during game, +2 agility, some strength, you'll be golden.

Again, this is just what I did. There are different ways to start and this is the only way I know how to for now. From there, your own your own. buy some ropes, capture slaves, improve or sell them (note fairies sell for high), advance to prostitution, etc. If you want a baby, you need 2000 gold for a nursing home and lots of upgrade points. Otherwise the baby will be given away which I assume raises stress.

Sorry for asking. Following your advice to go out of the city from the first day on to explore ouitside the city resulted on me getting killed andkilled again. No very amusing.What did you actually man?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Please tell me how to extract pictures from the game
Read page 100, there is a guide to decrypt the images (and also an .exe, if you aren't comfortable with HEX editors).
Sorry for asking. Following your advice to go out of the city from the first day on to explore ouitside the city resulted on me getting killed andkilled again. No very amusing.What did you actually man?
Not him, but to travel safely your agility must be high (2+ in Wimborn outskirts, I think; 3+ in the prairies; even more in dangerous areas): otherwise you cannot avoid the enemies.
Also, in the early stages you should not fight solo: you must assemble a combat group, have some protection and focus on the weakest enemies (lone travelers, wolves, thugs).

ray3dave

May 12, 2017
I am a bit annoyed as the game seems to be super complicated at the start. If I go outside of town I get into battles, my girls get injured, so I have to buy bandages, I just don't get anywhere, or at least it takes so much time and repeated actions. I really need a more detailed guide.

And I am running into stuf I can't seem to figure out at all. Now I need to find a "hair growing elixier" to proceed. Where to find that again?
How do I get the prison cells working?

Basically it is a fun game, but I really don't get it.

Is there any detailed guide around here? I did not find it.

Last edited:

Sir Phoenix

Jun 13, 2018
And I am running into stuf I can't seem to figure out at all. Now I need to find a "hair growing elixier" to proceed. Where to find that again?
You need to make it. One of the house upgrades includes a science lab.
How do I get the prison cells working?
If you've bought the upgrade to have them, simply capture people that you encounter on the road and beat. It helps if you take slaves with you after gearing them (and yourself) up.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Anyone got the tech demo for the sequel? I played the first one, but a new one came out recently, but it's patreon only.

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes