congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Wait, this is marked as finished? Since when? I do agree it doesn't feel fully complete. Not saying it's bad, mind you.

That said, IIRC the creator mentioned not knowing a lot of shit when they started, and SfP2 should be a much better refined product than this was, so I guess we can look forward to that, I guess?

Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
That said, IIRC the creator mentioned not knowing a lot of shit when they started, and SfP2 should be a much better refined product than this was, so I guess we can look forward to that, I guess?
There's a tech demo for Strive 2 on Maverik's Patreon already.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I don't get the point of paywalling a tech demo. I thought it was his interest to gather as more feedback as possible.

Reactions: rKnight

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
I've played the tech demo, honestly, I'm underwhelmed.
Instead of an "end turn" button there like a pause plaything and time ticks over in hourly increments. you put servants onto 'jobs' that contribute to a resource with each increment. each tick the servant's fatigue drops to make them rest you have to go through the menu again and tell them to rest.
To travel you select an area and click "send to area" and wait for the character to arrive over 14 ticks or so, which I don't particularly care for. I really loved the way travel worked in the first one it felt I don't know more like I was in control. (same with the end day button, it feels like I have more control)
To praise or punish you have to first click your character then click the "praise or punish" button down the bottom of the screen and then click the slave you wish to use said skill on in a pop-up menu.
To put it bluntly, it's clunky and unintuitive. but strive 1 remains one of my favourite fapping games so I'll give him a chance to work out the problems.

GiggitySmash090

Jul 4, 2017
I've played the tech demo, honestly, I'm underwhelmed.
Instead of an "end turn" button there like a pause plaything and time ticks over in hourly increments. you put servants onto 'jobs' that contribute to a resource with each increment. each tick the servant's fatigue drops to make them rest you have to go through the menu again and tell them to rest.
To travel you select an area and click "send to area" and wait for the character to arrive over 14 ticks or so, which I don't particularly care for. I really loved the way travel worked in the first one it felt I don't know more like I was in control. (same with the end day button, it feels like I have more control)
To praise or punish you have to first click your character then click the "praise or punish" button down the bottom of the screen and then click the slave you wish to use said skill on in a pop-up menu.
To put it bluntly, it's clunky and unintuitive. but strive 1 remains one of my favourite fapping games so I'll give him a chance to work out the problems.
I think you just worded the entirety of the other demo Displaced same mechanics very annoying and frustrating to deal with :p

Jan 14, 2018
I started a new game and currently on day 18, level 6 and tasked to build the alchemy room. However, there is no Cali in the market district and no Umbra stone. Is that a bug or has there been a change?

My mouse pointer is also blinking like insane during combat, but it did that in the previous playthrough too.

Oct 9, 2018
"Completed" is a lie... "Abandoned" feels more like it...
Ok Tanya. Tech demo of the sequel should be coming out soon (i have reliable sources). I also wouldn't consider this abandoned as there's still an active community and lots of modders, just check the itch.io page.

TFM

Mar 7, 2019
Is there an advisory walk-through besides and the ?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
If you search "walkthrough" or "guide" in this thread, you'll find a few tips.
But every player has his own style. Also, it depends on where you start from, your class (mage, alchemist...).
On top of that, sometimes the game mechanics change and old strategies become outdated.

4.20 star(s) 48 Votes