a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Thank you for all your answers!

(With art packs) Is there a way to make the computer pick a random, race-specific full body image for a new girl? Or do I have to do it myself every time?
This works for me.

Reactions: scrumbles

socaljenny

Oct 26, 2018
I searched the forum but could not find an answer, after a baby is born it says there is a option to send it to another dimension for 500 gold to instant raise the kid but i dont see a button for that?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
i have the mansion upgrade, and can raise kids but in the option to give the baby away or raise it there is no button to instant raise the baby for 500 gold
I think that only happens if you don't have the Nursery upgrade.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
i have the mansion upgrade, and can raise kids but in the option to give the baby away or raise it there is no button to instant raise the baby for 500 gold
Maybe your rank is too low: only mages with rank 2+ can keep the babies.

Either you fulfill Melissa's requests and progress in the main quest, or you cheat: open files\scripts\Mansion.gd with Notepad++; find something like globals.state.rank < 2 and replace the string with false; save your progress; restart Strive for Power and reload your save. Now you should be able to raise the baby.

gesag63299

Mar 13, 2020
How do you install portraits/bodies on mac? All the things I can find online are from >1 year ago and despite following the instructions I can't find the .strive2 file

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
How do you install portraits/bodies on mac? All the things I can find online are from >1 year ago and despite following the instructions I can't find the .strive2 file

"" Find the folder '.strive2', there is another post somewhere here on how to find it, or just google 'how to find hidden files mac'. (because it's hidden)"""

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019

there is a section for explaining image folders

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Yes, this gives me a random portrait when I click on the new button. Does it give random full body images, too? (or even ones that fit the portrait?)
As long as the body matches the portrait it will.
Only 1 or 2 packs have matching portrait/body so make sure you get the ones that do.

gesag63299

Mar 13, 2020
Right but where is .strive2? I literally can't find the location at all. The "application support" route seems to be working though.

sp1ker

Apr 29, 2017
Right but where is .strive2? I literally can't find the location at all. The "application support" route seems to be working though.
Hit the Windows key or click in Cortana's box, then type %appdata% - it will take you directly to your appdata/roaming folder. Scroll down to find Strive.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Try /Users/<your username>/Library. There should be a folder with a name like that: it starts with a dot, so I guess it's hidden.

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Many of these people(including myself) have Windows and are offering guidance based on their experience with Windows. Their advise is well intentioned, but misguided.

The game has changed a lot in the last couple years and many of the guides will be for older versions of the game. The guide I provided is the most up to date guide(v0.5.25) provided by a MacOS user who spent a lot of time troubleshooting his guide. Thus, the previous version of his guide was included in the help section of the mod system for the bugfix patch. He makes no mention of ".strive2", so I am strongly inclined to believe that it does not exist by that name anymore.

Reactions: sp1ker

gesag63299

Mar 13, 2020
Many of these people(including myself) have Windows and are offering guidance based on their experience with Windows. Their advise is well intentioned, but misguided.

The game has changed a lot in the last couple years and many of the guides will be for older versions of the game. The guide I provided is the most up to date guide(v0.5.25) provided by a MacOS user who spent a lot of time troubleshooting his guide. Thus, the previous version of his guide was included in the help section of the mod system for the bugfix patch. He makes no mention of ".strive2", so I am strongly inclined to believe that it does not exist by that name anymore.
Thanks, yeah, I don't think strive2 exists on mac anymore. With the application support it works but the image selected is random and I have to manually input a body. Is there anyway of making it so that that happens automatically?

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Thanks, yeah, I don't think strive2 exists on mac anymore. With the application support it works but the image selected is random and I have to manually input a body. Is there anyway of making it so that that happens automatically?
Not in vanilla at the moment, the next bugfix patch will have it. The best option at the moment is to follow that guide to get mods working and use this mod: https://f95zone.to/threads/strive-for-power-v0-5-25-maverik.1136/page-178#post-3637301

4.20 star(s) 48 Votes