Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
I think the game is broken for me - took me a couple days of playing to figure it out but after combat my game will never recognize if I have rope in my inventory no matter how much rope I have. This makes it so I cannot capture someone out in the field. Making where I am in the storyline impossible to get further. Has anyone else experienced this bug?
There is a mansion inventory and a backpack, make sure that you have the rope in the backpack, when you are outside you should see the icon for rope in the box on the right side of the screen. If this does not work, check for a second window that opens when you start the game and see if it lists any errors messages.
edit: spelling

Reactions: Hurdy and Chukah

Chukah

May 9, 2019
There is a mansion inventory and a backpack, make sure that you have the rope in the backpack, when you are outside you should see the icon for rope in the box on the right side of the screen. If this does not work, check for a second window that opens when you start the game and see if it lists any errors messages.
edit: spelling
You were right about rope having to be in the backpack. Feel like a fool. Thank you!

dormachate

Jan 17, 2020
Did someone know why this script error happen ?
I can't go to the lab and this error appears

SCRIPT ERROR: laboratory: Invalid call. Nonexistent function '_on_lab_pressed' in base 'Panel'.
At: res://files/scripts/Mansion.gd:437

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Did someone know why this script error happen ?
I can't go to the lab and this error appears

SCRIPT ERROR: laboratory: Invalid call. Nonexistent function '_on_lab_pressed' in base 'Panel'.
At: res://files/scripts/Mansion.gd:437
Seems similar to . I would need to know exactly which mods you are applying to know for certain, but mod error/incompatibility seems to be the source of the problem.

dormachate

Jan 17, 2020
Seems similar to . I would need to know exactly which mods you are applying to know for certain, but mod error/incompatibility seems to be the source of the problem.
Well I only have Elpresidentes tweaks and it is the first time taht this bug occur , I also tried to look at the code but i dont see anything that could make the game bug

Ankmairdor

May 1, 2019
Well I only have Elpresidentes tweaks and it is the first time taht this bug occur , I also tried to look at the code but i dont see anything that could make the game bug
When I apply his mod through the mod system I get a parse error because variable 'eyecolor' already exists in that file. This is the core error, the '_on_lab_pressed' error is a secondary error that results from the laboratory.gd file failing to parse. The problem is caused by faulty modding logic within the vanilla game, and while my bugfix patch corrects that logic I don't know that they are compatible.

To fix this, it seems that you can simply delete the entire 'eyecolor' variable duplicate at the very bottom of the file. Though I haven't thoroughly tested it, I'm off to vacation for a few days. After a quick look at the files, it appears that Elpresidentes tweaks are a patch rather than a mod, so they would be applied with manual file replacement, thus avoiding the mod system problems.

Reactions: dormachate

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
not sure if its been asked or not, but how do i get to Amberguard?
You must wait till you are given the quest for it then as you go to Chloe's house there is another way that you need to go.
See the in game map for better directions.

Reactions: socaljenny

PhoenixFireeye

Nov 2, 2017
Get on this screen by clicking on #1 View attachment 325677 then click either 2 or 3.

Now click on #4 View attachment 325678 and it will open it for you.

You need to make sure the 2 folders are there and just copy and paste the correct ones in. View attachment 325680

Or go to \AppData\Roaming\Strive
Once the art packs have been unzipped, some are subfoldered by race and some aren't. Does it matter, or should they all be subfoldered or not?

Greendasteel

May 28, 2018
Hello everyone.
Does anyone know how to change levelupreqs (more precisely in which file I can find how to change it).
every 3 servant requires increasing his rank for lvlup and this can happen 2-3 times in a row... its pise me off.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Hello everyone.
Does anyone know how to change levelupreqs (more precisely in which file I can find how to change it).
every 3 servant requires increasing his rank for lvlup and this can happen 2-3 times in a row... its pise me off.
Open files\scripts\jobs&specs.gd with Notepad++
leveluprequests = {... is the dictionary of all the possibles requests. Don't touch it.
Edit instead: var requestsbylevel = {... (I have removed both improvegrade and specialization).
As usual, save and restart the game. But I guess you must fulfill the open requests first, or you would leave the game in an inconsistent state.

Greendasteel

May 28, 2018
Open files\scripts\jobs&specs.gd with Notepad++
leveluprequests = {... is the dictionary of all the possibles requests. Don't touch it.
Edit instead: var requestsbylevel = {... (I have removed both improvegrade and specialization).
As usual, save and restart the game. But I guess you must fulfill the open requests first, or you would leave the game in an inconsistent state.
Thank you for help. I looked for these parameters in many other files. but it never crossed my mind to check it in the jobs...

Reactions: scrumbles
Mar 28, 2018
Hey, So I'm having a bit of trouble preventing Magical Toxicity on my slaves since they keep mutating. Does anyone know how to prevent this? If this is already mentioned in the game then I'm sorry

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Hey, So I'm having a bit of trouble preventing Magical Toxicity on my slaves since they keep mutating. Does anyone know how to prevent this? If this is already mentioned in the game then I'm sorry
A solution? Not actually.
Toxicity builds especially quickly from usage of magical mixtures and laboratory procedures.
Open files\scripts\items.gd in a text editor to see the toxicity of each potion.
Albeit dangerous if it builds up too much, toxicity slowly dissipates over time. Keep it low unless you want the individual to experience side-effects."
Each day the toxicity goes down naturally by 1-5 points. Even a light potion can have secondary effects for days.

If your slaves are really intoxicated, you can:
- just save before ending the day and pray they don't mutate
- cheat and edit your save (look for toxicity and set it to zero)
- learn "Mutation", cast it on your slaves and if you don't like the effect, reload. Mutation decreases the toxicity by 20-30 points

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Use the spell mind read to check on how much they have and only use 1 potion at a time on them and wait till there toxicity is below 10 before you give them another potion.

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes