Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
Not recruitable, but you can access her store to buy potion. Ask her about the ointment to recruit Yris. That are the two most important things I'm trying to explain here. Anyway, I'm back to 5.17b.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Just took a look at the "modding" system. No idea how much the dev has done to implement it, but it's pretty pointless as it stands now. Basically the current system is, if you open up the files that make up the game and change them, then the game will work according to your changes.

It sounds like he has bigger plans for modding in the future, and hopefully it will eventually become something useful and slick. As it stands now it equates to "permission to mod" more so than any actual "system for modding."
Mmmh, I'll take a more detailed look (I did just a quick overall look, and seems like mods are mostly to change small things, which can be easily done editing the saves, so I didn't pay much attention)

We used to talk a lot back when he just started (and man, the game system was nothing like now, it was a lot more awkward and kind of counter-intuitive). He agreed on setting aside from JoNT (which I found utterly boring) with quests, but didn't seemed interested on more personal relations between PC-NPCs.

He's pretty cool and actually listened about implementing the "custom" portraits and descriptions (I offered my help for free with NPC portraits -there was zero artwork- but he preferred the standard manga style -mine were slightly more realistic and a thought on a darker theme-), but never managed to convince him about having traits that work as events or affect the relations between characters (example, the Dominant trait having a NPC demanding or starting sex. Later developed into NPCs "remembering" the sex options they used most).

I think he's more interested in how the numbers work rather than a more RPGing playing, but I'll see if I can come up with something small and he likes it. Might be worth the effort, at least to have some variation between sandbox and story modes...

LEET

May 29, 2017
How do you fully customize the servants or the female MC? I want to get her to be above just cute, but I used up all my options. I would also like to prevent random mutations which happens every day.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
easiest way is probably to edit the save file... the parameters are clearly defined, but since all servants are in a line it gets confuseing the more servfants you have (snd if they are related)

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Mmmh, I'll take a more detailed look (I did just a quick overall look, and seems like mods are mostly to change small things, which can be easily done editing the saves, so I didn't pay much attention)

We used to talk a lot back when he just started (and man, the game system was nothing like now, it was a lot more awkward and kind of counter-intuitive). He agreed on setting aside from JoNT (which I found utterly boring) with quests, but didn't seemed interested on more personal relations between PC-NPCs.

He's pretty cool and actually listened about implementing the "custom" portraits and descriptions (I offered my help for free with NPC portraits -there was zero artwork- but he preferred the standard manga style -mine were slightly more realistic and a thought on a darker theme-), but never managed to convince him about having traits that work as events or affect the relations between characters (example, the Dominant trait having a NPC demanding or starting sex. Later developed into NPCs "remembering" the sex options they used most).

I think he's more interested in how the numbers work rather than a more RPGing playing, but I'll see if I can come up with something small and he likes it. Might be worth the effort, at least to have some variation between sandbox and story modes...
To summarize the modding system, I guess there are 4 options:
1. Take a full copy of one of the game's script files (the *.gd files); edit it to what you want; drop it in place; and basically destroy the original version.
2. Duplicate only the name of an existing file and inside rewrite entire functions or global variables; drop in place; and the game will replace only those variable and functions you include and leave the rest in original form.
3. Specify a file, function, and line number within the function and the mod system will then insert whatever code you supply into that location and leave the rest of the original file intact.
4. Specify a file, function, and line number range and the mod system will delete those lines and leave the rest of the game intact.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@LEET I believe the changelog on v0.5.18d mentioned new beauty controls/settings for PC and first slave during player development (not played this version to verify). Won't help you with an existing game, but going forward...

For an existing game you can always open up your save file in any text editor and change the numeric value of any of the statistics, beauty of individual people included.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
To summarize the modding system *snip*

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Gotcha, thanks.

I'll definitely take a look.
I want to add stuff, not replace.
Basically, I want to make events happen depending on the slaves traits. I think that might be useful to use the quests events as templates, and have them in a separated file, so it doesn't collides with anything else.
Since most quest events are triggered by time or specific settings, I guess I can change those for specific stats or traits to happen on a different/cloned file...

Reactions: Fire Fall

Red469

May 18, 2018
Gotcha, thanks.

I'll definitely take a look.
I want to add stuff, not replace.
Basically, I want to make events happen depending on the slaves traits. I think that might be useful to use the quests events as templates, and have them in a separated file, so it doesn't collides with anything else.
Since most quest events are triggered by time or specific settings, I guess I can change those for specific stats or traits to happen on a different/cloned file...
HEY bud
speaking of adding things were you playing when the Constants menu was still open ? I tried the latest version and well... its not exactly friendly to having an actual Mansion... for those that think I am nuts please feel free to educate me... theres just something Sexy to public punishment to where all slaves see what I do... latest version does NOT allow this... again if I am wrong, Please correct me... yes I did try to find the public punishment but, and found NONE.

Honestly Who the hell would want to put up with 2 points per level when with the constants you can set the per level points to what ever the hell you want... I usually have it to 6 per lvl... Fun play is what I call it. V0.5.7 is what I play then I alter my mansion to be a mansion rather then a small house...

Please feel free to comment... I welcome the input
(I acknowledge that theres alot of content I will not get... True... However, theres also a fukton of BS i wont get either... ur call)

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
HEY bud
speaking of adding things were you playing when the Constants menu was still open ? I tried the latest version and well... its not exactly friendly to having an actual Mansion... for those that think I am nuts please feel free to educate me... theres just something Sexy to public punishment to where all slaves see what I do... latest version does NOT allow this... again if I am wrong, Please correct me... yes I did try to find the public punishment but, and found NONE.

Honestly Who the hell would want to put up with 2 points per level when with the constants you can set the per level points to what ever the hell you want... I usually have it to 6 per lvl... Fun play is what I call it. V0.5.7 is what I play then I alter my mansion to be a mansion rather then a small house...
There are a lot of changes. Some for good, some for bad.
Personally, I find the "interactions" limit irritating, frustrating and pointless.
Previously, you could have as much sex you wanted with NPCs, as long you had energy. Now, the limit, doesn't makes sense.
Have you tried an orgy? You can have half a dozen slaves, plus 3 horses and 3 dogs, ALL fucking you in turns if you want, or everyone fucking each other... but I don't have energy to fuck for a second time with a single slave, tho I can fuck half a dozen OTHER slaves? No sense.
And second... who's limiting me? I'm the frigging master, why I can't fuck as much as I want with someone? Not sure why he went this route, but it's annoying.

Anyways, about public punishment, previously there was a straight-up option.
Now it's among the "sex" options (among "abuse" options I think).

Cheating is perfectly fine if you find it fun. That simple.
Personally, I don't play games that don't have the option to cheat. Even if I finally don't use them, I like to know they're there just in case the game gets frustrating.
The main point of a game it's PRECISELY to be entertaining and fun, for as much possible players.
When a dev gets stubborn about having players follow or get stuck with a rule-set just because they want it... well, it's time to re-think.

For example, take Tales of Androgyny.
The game is for a specific niche of players, true.
But Maj seems obssessed with having the players suffer for food (which lets you run the game up and down). Strive suffers from something similar, Mav WANTS the players grind like hell for stats and numbers. I know it's a sandbox game, but damn, just let the players have their way if the like it.

It's like... let's say, I like Oranges, and you like fruits. You come home, there's a big bowl of fruit you'll enjoy, but I won't let you eat any if you don't eat the friggin oranges first, just because I want it. You like oranges because it's fruit, but you don't want to eat JUST orange, or a dozen of them. :p

Reactions: Red469

EvilPenguin

Apr 6, 2018
HEY bud
1. Interaction/Meet/Select Slave
-> If slave is in the house (LOCATION/move to dungeon!)
-> when slave is in the dungeon: DISCIPLINE/INVITE OTHERS and now punish so ALL slaves will see.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Personally, I find the "interactions" limit irritating, frustrating and pointless...
I do always find it funny that a person needs to really build up their endurance to be able to have 1 more conversation in a day. Talking to that girl in the garden while sitting on a bench just exhausted me. I had better go fight and level up so I can speak to 2 people in the same day. But it's a game. Choices get made. As you say, some better than others.

Only thing I can really say here is it doesn't take much to have a positive flow of food. So long as food is growing it's easy enough to just hit End Turn any time you run out of interactions and get a whole new set ready and waiting.

...And second... who's limiting me?...
I understand that it is supposedly a single day, and there's only so much time, but really the game ignores time passage for all practical purposes (other than to say each slave has only a single sex action point and the PC has a slightly higher pool of sex action points depending on endurance... a person can only have so much sex in a day before it becomes the next day whether they can keep going or not). The fact that players can induce sex as their final action in the talk interaction and then it does not use a sex action point (and thus double their sex action points if they really want) is another point that makes me laugh. Why not just double the talk interactions and get rid of the sex option altogether (meaning rather than saying you can talk with 2 people (and possibly continue it into sex) and have sex with 2 more people, you can interact with 4 people and how you spend that interaction is up to you. I suppose orgies don't currently work through the talk first route, which would need to change.

But really it doesn't tend to take me long in a game before the interactions become a bit too repetitive for me anyway. I still do them, but skip a lot of my allotment. Playing as a "collector" ends up being my general play style (along with completing storyline quests). I'd rather see loneliness or high attraction to the player increasing desire to talk over time and can't speak with them until a threshold is met (which is drained in the act of speaking and must refill). Same with sex, lust must reach a high enough level before sex is an option. With either of them, sex or speaking, an interaction may or may not lower them below the threshold (which determines if it can be done with them again in the same day). Sure, you can also force a conversation early and get some of the abuse stats to go up, but the friendly choices won't be very useful. Same with sex, options and reactions change when it's a "required" task.

@Red469 Not played 5.18d yet, but as was mentioned, when disciplining people there is an "invite others". Can't imagine that's been removed in the latest branch. Personally, I don't tend to play as the universally cruel taskmaster, so I'm not sure how the gameplay changes with that style. I seem to get to "mansion" size household without performing a bunch of public display actions. So I'm not sure which part of the game is limiting you from growing.

Red469

May 18, 2018
@Red469 Not played 5.18d yet, but as was mentioned, when disciplining people there is an "invite others". Can't imagine that's been removed in the latest branch. Personally, I don't tend to play as the universally cruel taskmaster, so I'm not sure how the gameplay changes with that style. I seem to get to "mansion" size household without performing a bunch of public display actions. So I'm not sure which part of the game is limiting you from growing.
To answer your question,
1 The stress bar seems to go up as soon as you sneeze, Way overdone in comparison to what it used to be
2. No Constants Menu and there by being forced to play as 'intended'
3. Most importantly 2 points per level when the older versions had 3 AND the ability to change how many ur given per lvl
4. Lastly, the inability to call everyone to have a look as you have a 'chat' with a missbehaving staff member. even though you say theres a invite others I havent seen it. Perhaps I need to look closer that could be my bad if it is then np. However, it just seems that theres some changes made to the combat system that dont allow you to see who ur fighting... that wasnt such a good change. I think the older version seems to have far more freedom to play the way you want to rather then being forced to play as 'intended'

Dont get me wrong I love this game, I just think the older version has alot more going for it then the last updated version 5.18d

Red469

May 18, 2018
How do you fully customize the servants or the female MC? I want to get her to be above just cute, but I used up all my options. I would also like to prevent random mutations which happens every day.
Open the save file then search for beautybase look for the number that your mc currently has then change that Plus the current beauty and there u go, I would have two saves before you get started just in case you mess up

Red469

May 18, 2018
There are a lot of changes. Some for good, some for bad.
Personally, I find the "interactions" limit irritating, frustrating and pointless.
Previously, you could have as much sex you wanted with NPCs, as long you had energy. Now, the limit, doesn't makes sense.

Have you tried an orgy? You can have half a dozen slaves, plus 3 horses and 3 dogs, ALL fucking you in turns if you want, or everyone fucking each other... but I don't have energy to fuck for a second time with a single slave, tho I can fuck half a dozen OTHER slaves? No sense.
And second... who's limiting me? I'm the frigging master, why I can't fuck as much as I want with someone? Not sure why he went this route, but it's annoying.

Anyways, about public punishment, previously there was a straight-up option.
Now it's among the "sex" options (among "abuse" options I think).

For example, take Tales of Androgyny.
The game is for a specific niche of players, true.
But Maj seems obssessed with having the players suffer for food (which lets you run the game up and down). Strive suffers from something similar, Mav WANTS the players grind like hell for stats and numbers. I know it's a sandbox game, but damn, just let the players have their way if the like it.

Interactions limit is something I couldnt agree more with you on this. Sextremely annoying

Since we are on this topic maybe the answer lays in the Bit of command that defines how many interactions are possible per day.... Excellent suggestion, now I will have to find it. I wonder if its possible to set that to 500 per day...

Since we are on this topic maybe the answer lays in the Bit of command that defines how many interactions are possible per day.... Excellent suggestion, now I will have to find it.

Very well put, I dont see why anything should be such a struggle, additionally I dont see how the 'mansion' living quarters could actally be called a mansion rather then just a large home.

I mean really? 10 personal rooms??? thats what a slightly bigger house could have.
if it is a mansion there should be no limit to how many u could have on YOUR land... I get around the limit by using cheat engine cuz I havent bothered to find the save game line and its just alot faster.

Red469

May 18, 2018
1. Interaction/Meet/Select Slave
-> If slave is in the house (LOCATION/move to dungeon!)
-> when slave is in the dungeon: DISCIPLINE/INVITE OTHERS and now punish so ALL slaves will see.
Thank you for pointing this out... However:
* Since I still have the new version I booted it up just to see how it would play out and heres what I found:
* This means I now am limited to say 2 actions like this? (When I could do this all day and the only limitation is energy and can be regained with invigorate)
* I have to say this will ensure the long survival of the earlier versions of the game...

If you have a version that you DO Like, you best hold on to it and not think that, an upgraded version will be better... Keep the original backed up cuz likely those are not up for dl here... I gues what I dont get is why fix something when its what makes the game fun in the first place, unless its make something meant for pleasure to become another JOB.

madmax20

Jan 22, 2018
i really wanted to play this game, but my old laptop doesn't support OpenGL 3.3/OpenGL ES 3.0

bummer

Red469

May 18, 2018
i really wanted to play this game, but my old laptop doesn't support OpenGL 3.3/OpenGL ES 3.0

bummer
I am unsure of this maybe someone else knows better then me but maybe one of the older versions Might work on ur pc

Red469

May 18, 2018
Hi guys does anyone know if theres any dl links availible for dl of version 0.5.17 of this game? a link would be appreciated, Thank you.

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Interactions limit is something I couldnt agree more with you on this. Sextremely annoying

I mean really? 10 personal rooms??? thats what a slightly bigger house could have.
if it is a mansion there should be no limit to how many u could have on YOUR land... I get around the limit by using cheat engine cuz I havent bothered to find the save game line and its just alot faster.
Note, the amount of rooms is to prevent lag, hence why he has the option to remove the limit on the cheats if your machine can handle it ;)

* This means I now am limited to say 2 actions like this? (When I could do this all day and the only limitation is energy and can be regained with invigorate)
You're limited indeed.
Tho there isn't much point on using it more than once, since the idea of public punishment is to inspire fear on the other slaves, I think it only works once per day.

The problem is, to be repetitive, interactions.

There's no actual way for the player to have sex beyond the limited times.
It doesn't makes sense. Being teh master of the house should mean you can do wathever the heck you want. Moreover, you're also a mage, so your presence means something.
There's no option to fuck or get fucked at the brothel for example, it's a pointless location (since your slaves get assigned to work on it from your house). If you're into bestiality, the Kennels are pointless too, you can't go or do something there. Same for the farm. Or pretty much any of the other NPCs (unless you enslave them... and you're limited anyways).

Overall, there's zero attachment with anything, the same problem I found on JoNT.
Sure, Cali gets all sentimental, but once she declares, it's the same having sex with her, with the dogs, with a dildo or selling her or anything else.
Regarding your character, it's the same if you're an apprentice mage, or the top dog that beats anyone.
Back when I suggested reputation, he liked the idea, but what I meant was to have a PLAYER reputation. So, if you raise your power (the very meaning of "strive for power"), you started to be seen differently, for good or bad. If you're dominant, you raise in power, slaves respect you more, you get certain paths. If you're meek, the path differs. That's RPGing. Instead he implemented a generic city rep, which does nothing really, except blocking/allowing to advance.

Traits are the same: useless.
And don't make much sense. For example, "masochist" it's poointless if there's also "like it rough", since the later could work both for masochist orr sadist (depending the role).

Back when he started, he changed the system like 4-5 times in a couple months.
I feel he got stuck on not being satisfied with the sandbox system, and completely forgone the RPG element.

Personally, I find the current system to be fine (except some things, like the sex limit).
But the lack of real interaction between everything prevents it from being the best sandbox game.
He's got everything that Slavemaker or JoNT lacks, but it's missing the only aspect that makes Free Cities great.

D

Deleted member 227835

I have a quick question. Some weeks ago, soon after I first started playing this game, I was able to change the interactions counter from 20 to a different number (40 is what I changed it to), from reading about a way to modify a file. Since I've downloaded the newest version the counter has gone back to 20. I cannot remember what I changed and have been unable to find the post with that information. Would anyone happen to know how to change that?

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes