Red469

May 18, 2018
Hi guys, does anyone know what that error code is? And is there a work around?

The other box that comes up is GoDots Engine has stopped working.
I can get in the game ok But when I try to load the game once I am playing it, this is what happens
2018_2390 Sep. 05 07.57.jpg

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
I have a quick question. Some weeks ago, soon after I first started playing this game, I was able to change the interactions counter from 20 to a different number (40 is what I changed it to), from reading about a way to modify a file. Since I've downloaded the newest version the counter has gone back to 20. I cannot remember what I changed and have been unable to find the post with that information. Would anyone happen to know how to change that?
For version 5.18 and later, you can edit "variables.gd" in the "files\scripts" folder. Don't have to mess with cheat engine or save edit every new game.

D

Deleted member 227835

For version 5.18 and later, you can edit "variables.gd" in the "files\scripts" folder. Don't have to mess with cheat engine or save edit every new game.
Thank you so much!

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
In the original post I see portrait downloads beneath the games download links. I'm assuming these are custom portraits that people decided to share and they apply for most of the main characters?

And what does bodies do?

redle

Apr 12, 2017
In the original post I see portrait downloads beneath the games download links. I'm assuming these are custom portraits that people decided to share and they apply for most of the main characters?

And what does bodies do?
Actually, portraits do not apply to any of the special characters. Those have their own images built into the game. All of the generic characters have no built-in images. It is for these generic characters that the various download packs are for.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: nad destroyer

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
Actually, portraits do not apply to any of the special characters. Those have their own images built into the game. All of the generic characters have no built-in images. It is for these generic characters that the various download packs are for.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Whoa redle that answered my questions completely. Thanks a bunch.

Wait there is a question lol. When I download these where do I put them? I'm assuming in the import file right?

Ignore the underlined question. So I've been searching through this topic on where to download these portraits and body files. One guy says when you start a game the game creates a folder for both in the game folder. I couldn't find that anywhere.

And another guy gave a list of instructions in a really random file location that I couldn't follow or couldn't find it. Just really confused right now...

C: > Users > "Your name" > Appdata > Roaming > Strive > Portraits & Bodies.
Couldn't find Appdata at all. I'm using windows 8.1. I give up for now. Been trying to figure this out.

D

Deleted member 227835

Whoa redle that answered my questions completely. Thanks a bunch.

Wait there is a question lol. When I download these where do I put them? I'm assuming in the import file right?

Ignore the underlined question. So I've been searching through this topic on where to download these portraits and body files. One guy says when you start a game the game creates a folder for both in the game folder. I couldn't find that anywhere.

And another guy gave a list of instructions in a really random file location that I couldn't follow or couldn't find it. Just really confused right now...

Couldn't find Appdata at all. I'm using windows 8.1. I give up for now. Been trying to figure this out.
Try typing AppData in your programs and files search bar. There may be multiple folders named AppData, so look for the one that follows Windows C: / Users / "your name" / AppData.

If you can find it, you should see a folder named Roaming. The Strive folder is in that.

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
Try typing AppData in your programs and files search bar. There may be multiple folders named AppData, so look for the one that follows Windows C: / Users / "your name" / AppData.

If you can find it, you should see a folder named Roaming. The Strive folder is in that.
Searched my whole windows C: folder found a few things that had appdata in the name but no folders.

stuntcock

Jul 5, 2018
Searched my whole windows C: folder found a few things that had appdata in the name but no folders.
Try to save a game (not Load from the main menu because that's slightly different; try to Save a game which is already in progress).

In the bottom-right corner of the Save dialog there are buttons to Delete or Cancel. Directly above these is a special button: "Open Folder". Click that. It will open the necessary APPDATA folder.

Couldn't find Appdata at all.
It's presumably hidden from you because you haven't fully customized your Windows settings. By default, Windows will (even from an administrator) to reduce the likelihood that someone will inadvertently delete important files.

Regardless of that, the "Open Folder" button should still work. Once you're looking at the savegame files, you can jump up into the parent folder. The "portraits" subfolder is just above "saves" (assuming alphabetical sorting).

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Try to save a game (not Load from the main menu because that's slightly different; try to Save a game which is already in progress).

In the bottom-right corner of the Save dialog there are buttons to Delete or Cancel. Directly above these is a special button: "Open Folder". Click that. It will open the necessary APPDATA folder.

It's presumably hidden from you because you haven't fully customized your Windows settings. By default, Windows will (even from an administrator) to reduce the likelihood that someone will inadvertently delete important files.

Regardless of that, the "Open Folder" button should still work. Once you're looking at the savegame files, you can jump up into the parent folder. The "portraits" subfolder is just above "saves" (assuming alphabetical sorting).
THIS exactly.

Once the folder with portraits and bodies it's opened, make a shortcut, and place it somewhere it's easily accesible (I've put the shortcut on the Strive folder, so everything is reachable there fast, without having to open the game and the saves)

A side note, and somewhat unrelated:
once you're into the pics folder, you can go back (up to appdata if you want), you'll also find those damned saves from other games you didn't knew where the heck they were :p (again, it's pretty useful to make a shortcut. As above poster explained, the appdata folder is usually "hidden")

nad destroyer

Jul 27, 2017
Thanks you two. I'll give it a try when I have the time. I didn't want to think I was ignoring you. Couldn't find out how to spoil your quotes either lol. oh never mind it did it automatically.

THIS exactly.

Once the folder with portraits and bodies it's opened, make a shortcut, and place it somewhere it's easily accesible (I've put the shortcut on the Strive folder, so everything is reachable there fast, without having to open the game and the saves)

A side note, and somewhat unrelated:
once you're into the pics folder, you can go back (up to appdata if you want), you'll also find those damned saves from other games you didn't knew where the heck they were :p (again, it's pretty useful to make a shortcut. As above poster explained, the appdata folder is usually "hidden")

Feb 17, 2017
@brynhildr For the love of gods' freaking nuggets! Please, update OP with basic image pack install instructions!

1.Press Win+r
2.Type there: %APPDATA%\Strive
3.Press OK
4.Download image pack from somewhere.
5.Put portrait images from that pack in "Portraits" folder, put body images from that pack in "Bodies" folder.
6.Cry that bodies does not work.
7.Read at least the last 30 pages of this thread. And maybe some of itch.io ones.
8.Fix your problem.
9.profit.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
@brynhildr For the love of gods' freaking nuggets! Please, update OP with basic image pack install instructions!

1.Press Win+r
2.Type there: %APPDATA%\Strive
3.Press OK
4.Download image pack from somewhere.
5.Put portrait images from that pack in "Portraits" folder, put body images from that pack in "Bodies" folder.
6.Cry that bodies does not work.
7.Read at least the last 30 pages of this thread. And maybe some of itch.io ones.
8.Fix your problem.
9.profit.
Or, use the search function? Put the words "Bodies" and/or "Portraits" and look for yourself? I said so many times (and not just me, but everyone here) that I'm starting to get sick of it, and I certainly won't help those who don't even bother doing this simple task. Nice try.

Feb 17, 2017
@brynhildr Yes it's easy to just ignore retards. It's not like you sitting on a cure or something.
But sometimes people just, you know, put a sign in front. like "Minefield" or "No trade agents allowed"
So there be less shit flying around when retards explode. It still would but, just, probably less.
ah whatever.

4.20 star(s) 48 Votes