Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
View attachment 144288

anyone know what is this?
Looks like you're trying a mod?
Play the game first without them. Mods are buggy, and tend to have that sort of issues.
Also, none of the mods are really useful, everything they offer can be done with the cheats options, or you can simply edit the save files with a text editor.
Anything aside of that, not a clue.

About portraits:

In-game, open the save options.
There's a button like "open folder" to the right, basically it'll automatically open the folder were the saves go (I suggest making a shortcut to that folder on a easy access place, like Strive's main folder).
In that folder, you'll see 2 other folders: portraits y bodies.
On portraits, throw the small pics (just the little faces)
On bodies throw the full body images.
You can use one of the game options to have the game assign random pics,or manually assign the exact pics you want.
For manual, just inspect a slave, a look for the portrait button, it's pretty simple.

Note, the portraits and bodies folders are empty.
On this main post, there are several packs to choose.
(the last one that says "just bodies" is pretty cool. It's small, but has a good selection. It's only bodies, but you can easily crop the faces to make portraits too)

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
I have a quick question. Some weeks ago, soon after I first started playing this game, I was able to change the interactions counter from 20 to a different number (40 is what I changed it to), from reading about a way to modify a file. Since I've downloaded the newest version the counter has gone back to 20. I cannot remember what I changed and have been unable to find the post with that information. Would anyone happen to know how to change that?
I just use cheat-engine to change it to, like 100, or whatever I want.

ArcherC

Sep 1, 2017
Hi guys does anyone know if theres any dl links availible for dl of version 0.5.17 of this game? a link would be appreciated, Thank you.
Sure.

Also, regarding interaction limits, you can increase them by increasing your Endurance.

Fitzgerald

Oct 23, 2017
A wild update appeared!

Linux:
OSX:
32 Bit:
64 Bit:

Changelog:

• Starting slave now has a number of custom events and a scene
  • Random slave generation should respect age settings better now
  • Fixed some issues with text using 'you/your' instead of 'his/her' when addressing the player during quests
  • Fixed rescue reward always giving an item
  • Fixed sex/age change of player invisibly resetting max stats during creation
  • Fixed music playing after saving the game even if its disabled
  • Fixed some issues with mysterious book and wyvern/golem loot
  • Fixed frottage orgasm description
  • Fixed a bug with ayda quest after game reload
  • Fixed Alise not responding to hotkeys
  • Fixed hunter spec from providing ludicruous amounts of gold
  • Fixed main menu not showing all saves in load list
  • Fixed an issue causing sometimes orgasms not happening during sex
  • Fixed Alise showing up incorrectly on certian settings

reinartz42

Aug 6, 2018
This game is awesome, I can just see the potential with another year's worth of work!

I'm curious about a couple things though:

* Are there any missables besides the fairy during a playthrough? Can you edit your endgame save to get them?
* Besides the starting bonus, sandbox vs story, is sandbox the better one to play since you can do the story there?
* Any way to raise your max potential stats beyond 7?
* If you use your left over actions to abuse new slaves and just pleasure them with caresses, does that improve their loyalty/love, or is abuse always negative?
* When selecting new slaves at the market what do you look for? For me I only look for high beauty since in other slave games that's usually the most important and impossible to raise stat. But what's your main thing for selecting new slaves?
* Can you remove tattoos once you place them on? I wasn't able to, the button was tinted out.

Any other tips and tricks to enjoy the game further?

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
A wild update appeared!

Linux:
OSX:
32 Bit:
64 Bit:

Changelog:

• Starting slave now has a number of custom events and a scene
  • Random slave generation should respect age settings better now
  • Fixed some issues with text using 'you/your' instead of 'his/her' when addressing the player during quests
  • Fixed rescue reward always giving an item
  • Fixed sex/age change of player invisibly resetting max stats during creation
  • Fixed music playing after saving the game even if its disabled
  • Fixed some issues with mysterious book and wyvern/golem loot
  • Fixed frottage orgasm description
  • Fixed a bug with ayda quest after game reload
  • Fixed Alise not responding to hotkeys
  • Fixed hunter spec from providing ludicruous amounts of gold
  • Fixed main menu not showing all saves in load list
  • Fixed an issue causing sometimes orgasms not happening during sex
  • Fixed Alise showing up incorrectly on certian settings
Guess that we will have to wait for some bugfixes, am i rite?

Red469

May 18, 2018
I have a quick question. Some weeks ago, soon after I first started playing this game, I was able to change the interactions counter from 20 to a different number (40 is what I changed it to), from reading about a way to modify a file. Since I've downloaded the newest version the counter has gone back to 20. I cannot remember what I changed and have been unable to find the post with that information. Would anyone happen to know how to change that?
Thats Easy: Constants menu last version that I know of and still have IS V0.5.7d Still has this as part of the game and allowed alot of custom stats to be entered without the need for hacking. IF you still have you old version, thats the one you want to be playing, By the way if you like to have a decent personal room limit and can use cheat eng you can set those limits to what ever you like and the old versions will be very large mansion population Friendly.

The latest version is a downgrade for a number of reasons that being just one.

Red469

May 18, 2018
This game is awesome, I can just see the potential with another year's worth of work!

I'm curious about a couple things though:

* Are there any missables besides the fairy during a playthrough? Can you edit your endgame save to get them?
* Besides the starting bonus, sandbox vs story, is sandbox the better one to play since you can do the story there?
* If you use your left over actions to abuse new slaves and just pleasure them with caresses, does that improve their loyalty/love, or is abuse always negative?
* When selecting new slaves at the market what do you look for? For me I only look for high beauty since in other slave games that's usually the most important and impossible to raise stat. But what's your main thing for selecting new slaves?
* Can you remove tattoos once you place them on? I wasn't able to, the button was tinted out.

Yes... Open your savgame edit it with notpad and find the relevent entry for the person you wish to edit

Forced means Just that... it dont matter what u do to em thats nice if you had to force em to be there none of it will be positive.

Usually the race is what I look for almost everything else besides maybe mute or some other non easily changeable stat, However beauty can be edited easy enough... Place the slave up top open ur save and hit find then search for beauty, then change base and current and ur good to go.
It really depends on why u want this slave if you have something in mind eg tamer then the needed stats to send em for training is what I look for... Thing is, the latest version has alot missing to what was there in the older versions.

you could try to do so by editing your save game but not within.

Having a SB game with dragon kin is alot of fun when ur starting servant is a dragon kin as well.
Hacking the amount of rooms with cheat eng to turn it into a mansion is always fun too
Playing an older version of the game to where you can play it your way, well thats where the fun is.

Red469

May 18, 2018
Note, the amount of rooms is to prevent lag, hence why he has the option to remove the limit on the cheats if your machine can handle it ;)
What cheats are you refering to, and how to access those cheats please..

Tho there isn't much point on using it more than once, since the idea of public punishment is to inspire fear on the other slaves, I think it only works once per day.
I am sure your referring to the latest version of the game but in the older versions this is NOT so. you can correct 20 or however many staff you want in the same day.

Regarding your character, it's the same if you're an apprentice mage, or the top dog that beats anyone.
Back when I suggested reputation, he liked the idea, but what I meant was to have a PLAYER reputation. So, if you raise your power (the very meaning of "strive for power"), you started to be seen differently, for good or bad. If you're dominant, you raise in power, slaves respect you more, you get certain paths. If you're meek, the path differs. That's RPGing. Instead he implemented a generic city rep, which does nothing really, except blocking/allowing to advance.
Now thats just a damn crying shame, but then I gues thats the way things go sometimes, what would have turned this into a completely different title is what it is today.

Personally, I find the current system to be fine (except some things, like the sex limit).
But the lack of real interaction between everything prevents it from being the best sandbox game.
He's got everything that Slavemaker or JoNT lacks, but it's missing the only aspect that makes Free Cities great.
Really, the sex limit gets agrravating, if there was a con to my older version of this game, that would be it...
Real interaction, ya sure needs it

Free Cities... What exactly are the best of that title?

Red469

May 18, 2018
Do these scenes still play if you save edit yourself more than one starting slave. I used to do that back several versions ago. Getting the traits right was a pain in the ass.
no idea, I am curious if you like the current version?
And what was the last version you played and liked?

Honourable596

Jun 21, 2017
no idea, I am curious if you like the current version?
And what was the last version you played and liked?
I genuinely do not remember the last version I played and haven't played this version yet. I was a fan of this game several versions ago but I got bored with the lack of varied sex scenes, they all have the same text once you see all the little variations. Iirc I dropped this game for Free cities about a year ago or so.

Red469

May 18, 2018
I genuinely do not remember the last version I played and haven't played this version yet. I was a fan of this game several versions ago but I got bored with the lack of varied sex scenes, they all have the same text once you see all the little variations. Iirc I dropped this game for Free cities about a year ago or so.
Ok Well you will likely miss a great deal of what was a part of older versions, contants menu being most Important.
I have both versions and decided to give the new version a decent play... I lasted only 6 hrs of game play and Decided to go back to my older one, my current version is 0.5.7d
Its unclear if the older versions are downloadable here, still I am curious whats the last version that still has the constants menu?

Free cities... is that one any good I tried to look at it but does not allow me past the first screen, whats it about?

Honourable596

Jun 21, 2017
Ok Well you will likely miss a great deal of what was a part of older versions, contants menu being most Important.
I have both versions and decided to give the new version a decent play... I lasted only 6 hrs of game play and Decided to go back to my older one, my current version is 0.5.7d
Its unclear if the older versions are downloadable here, still I am curious whats the last version that still has the constants menu?

Free cities... is that one any good I tried to look at it but does not allow me past the first screen, whats it about?
Free cities is a good one if you can download it from the right website and you get pregmod, which fleshes out the game to a substantial degree. The biggest draw to free cities for me is that the cheat menu allows you to completely customize your slaves.
Another good game for slave management is Lillith's Throne, take Strive for Power, Free Cities, and mix in a little traditional role playing and dungeon crawling. It's a rather interesting game. Easy to save edit too.

Reactions: Fuzzcat

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
...only lazy people require a "constants" menu from my point of few... you can easily change all game variables inside the save file... just takes a little bit of reading and searching, you can also change all variables of your chars and add traits without much issues (only exception here are the unique characters as altering their traits results in a mess)
the updates in gameplay made in later versions are certainly a reason to keep updateing as it changes parts of your gameplay over time aswell.
I hope the new introduced Events for the starteing slave will make them seem more like unique characters on their own

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
-What cheats are you refering to, and how to access those cheats please..
-I am sure your referring to the latest version of the game but in the older versions this is NOT so. you can correct 20 or however many staff you want in the same day.
-Now thats just a damn crying shame, but then I gues thats the way things go sometimes, what would have turned this into a completely different title is what it is today.
-If you dlded the game from here (first post) you get some "cheat" options, just look into...well, "options". Sort of a debug console. Also, in-game, you can go to options too, and enter the code "fkfynroh" on the developer's console, you can change most of your slaves there.
Finally, you can simply edit your savefiles. They're simple txt files, so it's easy. It might get difficult when you have too many slaves, but you can pinpoint them by using the "search" function of the editor (it's on the top, click "edit", look for something like "find". A little box opens and you can write what exactly you re looking for. In this case, the safest way is to look for slave's names, since they're unique)
-I don't use fear for them, so you're probably right.
-Well, it's his game. Personally, I suggested a lot of things I like, he used and adapted some (or maybe he was already thinking on them. Not gonna claim anything)

I was a fan of this game several versions ago but I got bored with the lack of varied sex scenes, they all have the same text once you see all the little variations. Iirc I dropped this game for Free cities about a year ago or so.
Same here.
I actually looked for FC because he mentioned it.

Free cities is a good one if you can download it from the right website and you get pregmod, which fleshes out the game to a substantial degree. The biggest draw to free cities for me is that the cheat menu allows you to completely customize your slaves.
Another good game for slave management is Lillith's Throne, take Strive for Power, Free Cities, and mix in a little traditional role playing and dungeon crawling. It's a rather interesting game. Easy to save edit too.
@Red469 these are all good games. This guy knows his s#it :D

Free Cities it's on my top5 (and I'm very picky), not sure which rank among that.
It's basically the best slave manager, but it has some limitations (mostly due to the engine, Twine).
JoNT (the other game Maverick mentions) it's Jack-o-Nine-Tails. I tried it, but it's boring as hell.
There's no story, no interactions, and it's just "buy her-break her-sold her". But the game was one of first in this style, like the granddad of them, so it's respectable if only because that.

Strive was aiming to be on the middle: the vast customization of FC (without THAT MUCH detail), and a bit more RPGing like JoNT (honestly, I didn't found anything remotely close to RPGing there).
But Mav wasn't still sure what approach he wanted, so he spend way too much time chagnging and redoing the system.

In the end, it's less than FC, but more than JoNT. These latest updates are certainly a huge advance, and the game is looking good. But it still lacks interaction.
At no point there's attachment to the NPCs. You don't love Cali for example, or hate Narv or Hades. It doesn't really matters whatever you do, since there's no connection among content.
And sex isn't really important neither, it's a mechanical thing you need to do
(I suggested him a sort of customizable sex system -with pictures I offered to do for free-. At first he didn't listened and went with a stone-set number of descripted sex, like CoC/TiTs. Funny thing, a year later, Innoxia implemented what I was sugesting, and much better. Now seems like Strive has a similar system too)

Fuzzcat

Oct 27, 2017
Sheesh, me and my derailing wall-texts... sorry *blush

Do a search here, for Free Cities, you'll find it easily.
(we're actually having some talk there about content.
Instead of asking, look on the last 4-5 pages -c'mon is not that much- for some links to the pregmod, which it's a modded version, much more completed.)

Red469

May 18, 2018
-

In the end, it's less than FC, but more than JoNT. These latest updates are certainly a huge advance, and the game is looking good. But it still lacks interaction.
At no point there's attachment to the NPCs. You don't love Cali for example, or hate Narv or Hades. It doesn't really matters whatever you do, since there's no connection among content.
And sex isn't really important neither, it's a mechanical thing you need to do
(I suggested him a sort of customizable sex system -with pictures I offered to do for free-. At first he didn't listened and went with a stone-set number of descripted sex, like CoC/TiTs. Funny thing, a year later, Innoxia implemented what I was sugesting, and much better. Now seems like Strive has a similar system too)
Well Damn lol... sometimes someone has to go put something out there for a critic to see value in it, thats so true for anything in life these days... I bet you got a good klingon belly laugh bout it, I know I sure would lol

Red469

May 18, 2018
Sheesh, me and my derailing wall-texts... sorry *blush
Do a search here, for Free Cities, you'll find it easily.
(we're actually having some talk there about content.
Instead of asking, look on the last 4-5 pages -c'mon is not that much- for some links to the pregmod, which it's a modded version, much more completed.)
Nothing derailing in expressing yourself.

4.20 star(s) 49 Votes