Collection Flash Video Studio FOW Collection [2023-07-08] [Studio F.O.W]

JNSQ

Jan 15, 2022
Hey y'all, I went and interpolated all of the movies and shorts up to 60 FPS. Due to filesize limits I had to split them up into four different archives. They can be found here:
Studio FOW - 60 FPS Movies Part 1
Studio FOW - 60 FPS Movies Part 2
Studio FOW - 60 FPS Movies Part 3
Studio FOW - 60 FPS Shorts

This brings all of the animations up from 24 or 30 FPS to 60 FPS while also often taking up less space with the use of H.265 encoding. All of the videos originally took up ~15 GB, but after the interpolation they take up a bit less than 10 GB. Studio FOW's use of somewhat-transparent watermarks also screws up the AI model so it's a bit weird when something's "moving" behind it. Other than that, only light visual artifacts of the process are present which I've traced (funnily enough) not to the interpolation but rather to the extraction of frames from the original video. Go figure.

Anyway, enjoy!
you are a true hero

Reactions: AwsHen

stonegate8

Apr 20, 2020
I asked on the Discord if any movies are planned or in progress. According to what Fow has said, there is nothing planned or in progress. Apparently they want to focus on Subverse. I also heard that when/if they do return to movies, they want to expand Subverse lore. What I am interpreting that to mean is that in 1-2 years (optimistic guess), Studio FOW might return to making movies but they won't cover the themes their old movies did. So in 1 or 2 years, we might get a longer version of the Subverse game gallery clips.

I guess I understand, I imagine the movies bring in far less revenue than the game did. The movie genres were niche, and not monetizable on platforms like Patreon and Steam. I'd love to be wrong but I genuinely believe we'll never see content like their pre-Subverse works ever again, and I don't feel like waiting 2 years to find out.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I asked on the Discord if any movies are planned or in progress. According to what Fow has said, there is nothing planned or in progress. Apparently they want to focus on Subverse. I also heard that when/if they do return to movies, they want to expand Subverse lore. What I am interpreting that to mean is that in 1-2 years (optimistic guess), Studio FOW might return to making movies but they won't cover the themes their old movies did. So in 1 or 2 years, we might get a longer version of the Subverse game gallery clips.

I guess I understand, I imagine the movies bring in far less revenue than the game did. The movie genres were niche, and not monetizable on platforms like Patreon and Steam. I'd love to be wrong but I genuinely believe we'll never see content like their pre-Subverse works ever again, and I don't feel like waiting 2 years to find out.
Not sure who answered you but I doubt it was anyone that was actual staff. Edit; searched, only film question I saw was answered by a mod, so yeah not staff.

Obviously their current attention is going to be the game, but we know they’ll be going back to movies afterwards, using the same engine.

Last edited:

stonegate8

Apr 20, 2020
Not sure who answered you but I doubt it was anyone that was actual staff. Edit; searched, only film question I saw was answered by a mod, so yeah not staff.

Obviously their current attention is going to be the game, but we know they’ll be going back to movies afterwards, using the same engine.
That's why I used words like "according" and "apparently" and "interpreting". They haven't made a movie since 2019 and their Subverse nsfw content is... content that you can in droves virtually anywhere, for free. I hope you understand why I'm becoming increasingly pessimistic about ever seeing anything from FOW that resembles what garnered them fans/attention in the first place.

Reactions: TopAnalRapeLover

stonegate8

Apr 20, 2020
the problem is these characters in subverse aren't attractive.
i guess fow will finally fall to irrelevancy while expanding the subverse lore.
Subverse sold pretty well. Poorly rated, sure, but it sold copies. Studio FOW is in the process of overwriting fans of their movies with fans of their games. They won't become irrelevant, just irrelevant to their original fans.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Subverse sold pretty well. Poorly rated, sure, but it sold copies. Studio FOW is in the process of overwriting fans of their movies with fans of their games. They won't become irrelevant, just irrelevant to their original fans.
Imagine if they had switched to making movies with Blender instead of a game.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Imagine if they had switched to making movies with Blender instead of a game.
Imagine if they lived up to the game milestone promise they had back on patreon, and then used that experience in the game to make even better movies...oh right that's what happening now.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
That's why I used words like "according" and "apparently" and "interpreting". They haven't made a movie since 2019 and their Subverse nsfw content is... content that you can in droves virtually anywhere, for free. I hope you understand why I'm becoming increasingly pessimistic about ever seeing anything from FOW that resembles what garnered them fans/attention in the first place.
I mean sure. But A) Early access, so its final form could be vastly different from the current product. That is what customer feedback is for after all. B) They've never canceled a project they've announced, even a lawsuit by Blizzard didn't stop the Yrel movie from being released. And C) They know what made them famous, it was literally a part of their initial trailer, so why would they not do more of that once the game is done?

Meth3rlence

Apr 14, 2021
Imagine if they lived up to the game milestone promise they had back on patreon, and then used that experience in the game to make even better movies...oh right that's what happening now.
Imagine being high enough to believe that ;o I dream of the day....

• Haha
Reactions: rf96

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Imagine being high enough to believe that ;o I dream of the day....
Dude its right in their FAQ's. The game establishes their own IP (which is good in case any other company comes after them again for their parody work), while also serving as experience for UE4 for their animators.

movie q.JPG

So if you consider Subverse their Lara in Trouble with UE4, now add 3 years+ experience with the engine, and then picture the films we're gonna get with much less hassle.

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
I don't see how game experience can translate into movie experience. It's different things.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I don't see how game experience can translate into movie experience. It's different things.
They're doing the animation side of things, since they hired experienced devs to make the game parts of it, while they do the animations. Like most of the smut animators around here could easily transition into games purely as an animator, given how similar they are.

aluoaniki

Sep 29, 2018
high percentage of people bought this game because of their false promises during crowdfunding and their past movies, not because this game itself.
you're talking like star war sequel trilogy is good because they all sold billion worth of tickets but ignoring the ticket sale is a downward slop.

Reactions: runner11 and rf96

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
high percentage of people bought this game because of their false promises during crowdfunding and their past movies, not because this game itself.
you're talking like star war sequel trilogy is good because they all sold billion worth of tickets but ignoring the ticket sale is a downward slop.
Curious of these false promises. Let's go on a debunking spree.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Unfortunately copywrited characters getting raped by men, monster, and beast aren't profitable (and legally questionable in most countries), so I suspect that now that FOW has a taste of legit income they'll probably unfortunately continue down that route