Collection Flash Video Studio FOW Collection [2023-07-08] [Studio F.O.W]

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Is there a sequel to the Kunoichi series?
I remember that at the end of Kunoichi3 there was also a preview of a sequel featuring Mai Shiranui and Rachel as protagonists.
Yes those ladies, along with Lisa were teased in K3. There was also a spinoff planned to star Marie Rose. There's no official announcement of two of them, but I know Mai was definitely announced, so the others are probably happening too (really hype for Rachel :D ) . So they're likely waiting in the backlog of films after the game is done. On the flipside, we get to see Kunoichi films done in UE4 in the future

I see you asked this in both threads, so covering the bases xD

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
No. They jumped on the 'making a game' grift and pretty much stopped producing any content after Kunoichi 3.
Pretty incorrect, so just gonna fix the timeline. Back in Patreon there was a milestone goal to make a game (around 25k if memory serves), they initially played around with Unity but found it wouldn't work for them. They went to Unreal Engine 4 instead, playing around with that while DC and Moneyshot (boss and lead animator) wrapped up work on Kunoichi 3. Then they hit around 35k goal (which would've gotten us a FOW-chan movie) when the axe came down and they were booted off Patreon. A few months went by, during which they set up their discord, and kept their staff paid via a rainy day fund. Then in March of 2019 they announced the Kickstarter for Subverse.

Yes their movie content stopped, but they have every intention of making them again, cept not in the aging old playground of SFM.
movie q.PNG

Subverse serves two purposes, getting their team more used to the engine, and doubling as their own original IP, which is a good fallback should the issues that plagued them during their SFM era ever rear their head again.

Reactions: BGHong7G

J_Doe

Aug 2, 2018
Pretty incorrect, so just gonna fix the timeline. Back in Patreon there was a milestone goal to make a game (around 25k if memory serves), they initially played around with Unity but found it wouldn't work for them. They went to Unreal Engine 4 instead, playing around with that while DC and Moneyshot (boss and lead animator) wrapped up work on Kunoichi 3. Then they hit around 35k goal (which would've gotten us a FOW-chan movie) when the axe came down and they were booted off Patreon. A few months went by, during which they set up their discord, and kept their staff paid via a rainy day fund. Then in March of 2019 they announced the Kickstarter for Subverse.

Yes their movie content stopped, but they have every intention of making them again, cept not in the aging old playground of SFM.
View attachment 1588410

Subverse serves two purposes, getting their team more used to the engine, and doubling as their own original IP, which is a good fallback should the issues that plagued them during their SFM era ever rear their head again.
Eh. I liked their old stuff and the new in game stuff isn't bad, but I'll believe they will start making stand alone videos again only when it happens.

Reactions: observer80

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Eh. I liked their old stuff and the new in game stuff isn't bad, but I'll believe they will start making stand alone videos again only when it happens.
That's fair. I choose to believe, given they've released everything they ever announced (even with the legal troubles from Blizzard), so I'd say they're good at keeping their word.

Aug 24, 2020

View attachment 1588410

the problem is they dont say anything for 2 year ...... and that scares me.....if they giving up on making movies..... they didnt answer several questions about movie production either

Last edited:

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
the problem is they dont say anything for 2 year ...... and that scares me.....if they giving up on making movies..... they didnt answer several questions about movie production either
I mean...where are you looking for 'saying anything' cuz they're not on tumblr anymore ya know :p

And why would they answer any questions about movie production? They already answered it 2 years ago.

Aug 24, 2020
I mean...where are you looking for 'saying anything' cuz they're not on tumblr anymore ya know :p

And why would they answer any questions about movie production? They already answered it 2 years ago.
their own fans questioned this several times and they dodged the question every time.... i just wanna know if it is still a part of plan

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
their own fans questioned this several times and they dodged the question every time.... i just wanna know if it is still a part of plan
They didn't talk about a thing that isn't relevant to what they're currently doing? What a surprise.

Are you basically saying that if they don't say anything about films (despite a written answer), then that means the worst possible outcome?

NightRonin

Apr 5, 2021
Is there a sequel to the Kunoichi series?
I remember that at the end of Kunoichi3 there was also a preview of a sequel featuring Mai Shiranui and Rachel as protagonists.
It's okay, dude :) Grab a seat & get comfy.

Kunoichi Part 4 & 5: DoA All-Girl Orgy hits the $10 paywalls March 25th, 2025

And, yes, it will absolutely look this good:

giphy.gif

giphy (1).gif

[ VValen Don't get up. I'm ignoring this thread after this. And I'm allowed to have my 2 cents whilst flipping the bird at greedy liars, before I go.]

BGHong7G

Jul 21, 2021

View attachment 1588410

Thank you bro!;)
Let's look forward to the new movie under Unreal Engine together !(y)

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
While a new Kunochi movie(s) would be nice. Im still waiting for Scarlet Nights 2. Scarlet Night was/is one my favorites by them. Kunochi 1 and 2 were good too. 2 specifically was more memorable. But I want my Harley Quinn sequel damnit. It teased Poision Ivy and Catwoman.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
While a new Kunochi movie(s) would be nice. Im still waiting for Scarlet Nights 2. Scarlet Night was/is one my favorites by them. Kunochi 1 and 2 were good too. 2 specifically was more memorable. But I want my Harley Quinn sequel damnit. It teased Poision Ivy and Catwoman.
Yeah that was one of my favorites too, cinematography is very well done. But as you've no doubt noticed in the film, they pretty much setup 3 more flicks, Barbara (looking at the Batgirl helm), Poison Ivy (being brought Harley's bat by Azrael), and Catwoman (investigating the Pyg murders).

Remembering off the old trello board, Catwoman was next in line, then Ivy, then Batgirl. So don't worry about that, they'll get their time in the sun...or night rather :D

Zarathos4

Trial Moderator
Trial Moderator
Jul 25, 2018
Yeah that was one of my favorites too, cinematography is very well done. But as you've no doubt noticed in the film, they pretty much setup 3 more flicks, Barbara (looking at the Batgirl helm), Poison Ivy (being brought Harley's bat by Azrael), and Catwoman (investigating the Pyg murders).

Remembering off the old trello board, Catwoman was next in line, then Ivy, then Batgirl. So don't worry about that, they'll get their time in the sun...or night rather :D
yeah. I forgot about Batgirl. Its so brief in overall movie.

Mahmudovic

Jan 24, 2022
Hey y'all, I went and interpolated all of the movies and shorts up to 60 FPS. Due to filesize limits I had to split them up into four different archives. They can be found here:
Studio FOW - 60 FPS Movies Part 1
Studio FOW - 60 FPS Movies Part 2
Studio FOW - 60 FPS Movies Part 3
Studio FOW - 60 FPS Shorts

This brings all of the animations up from 24 or 30 FPS to 60 FPS while also often taking up less space with the use of H.265 encoding. All of the videos originally took up ~15 GB, but after the interpolation they take up a bit less than 10 GB. Studio FOW's use of somewhat-transparent watermarks also screws up the AI model so it's a bit weird when something's "moving" behind it. Other than that, only light visual artifacts of the process are present which I've traced (funnily enough) not to the interpolation but rather to the extraction of frames from the original video. Go figure.

Anyway, enjoy!
May the God bless your kind soul, my good sir!