VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

ebirdest

Dec 29, 2021
I think she is co-LI with Vi. She knows Vi's crush on MC and I don't think she would choose MC over Vi, so I believe she is an LI as plus one of Vi. :unsure:
Yeah, I hope it's not a forced pairing though and Ines can be solo or paired with a different LI. I feel for Vi's character, but I'm not really interested in her as an LI.

Some of the dialogue (like Vi getting mad at Ines for not being herself or whatever) seems like Ines might be lesbian or at the very least bisexual (definitely could be misreading it though), so I am a little worried she is not going to be an option as a main LI for the MC.

Hope I am wrong though.

Oct 10, 2022
Yeah, I hope it's not a forced pairing though and Ines can be solo or paired with a different LI. I feel for Vi's character, but I'm not really interested in her as an LI.

Some of the dialogue (like Vi getting mad at Ines for not being herself or whatever) seems like Ines might be lesbian or at the very least bisexual (definitely could be misreading it though), so I am a little worried she is not going to be an option as a main LI for the MC.

Hope I am wrong though.
I don't see a way Ines becoming a main LI or solo option. Ines' friendship, maybe more, with Vi is too valuable for her. She also know what MC means for Vi. MC also somewhat aware of their status. He also values too much Vi to break her heart. He may not have to choose to be with Vi but I don't think choosing Ines over Vi is in his character.
As I see it, Ines will be an option MC&Vi&Ines throuple or not. Though, if we take Author as a reference LIs can be too understanding, so he can choose anyone he wants without breaking their hearts but I do not see that as a realistic option.
For my preferences, if I choose amongst the LIs I'd go for Amrit each time but looks like Els or Vi would be better choices for MC according to the story.

Last edited:

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
I don't see a way Ines becoming a main LI or solo option. Ines' friendship, maybe more, with Vi is too valuable for her. She also know what MC means for Vi. MC also somewhat aware of their status. He also values too much Vi to break her heart. He may not have to choose to be with Vi but I don't think choosing Ines over Vi is in his character.
As I see it, Ines will be an option MC&Vi&Ines throuple or not. Though, if we take Author as a reference LI can be too understanding, so he can choose anyone he wants without breaking their hearts but I do not see that as a realistic option.
For my preferences, if I choose amongst the LIs I'd go for Amrit each time but looks like Els or Vi would be better choices for MC according to the story.

ebirdest

Dec 29, 2021
As I see it, Ines will be an option MC&Vi&Ines throuple or not. Though, if we take Author as a reference LI can be too understanding, so he can choose anyone he wants without breaking their hearts but I do not see that as a realistic option.
I don't think it is a likely outcome based on the story so far, I just hope that it ends up being a possibility because I like the character. And I don't think it would be too difficult to write it in a way that fits the characters so far i.e. MC views Vi purely as a little sister and not romantically, Ines and MC have feelings for each other, and Vi is willing to put her feelings aside because she cares about both of them and wants them to be happy. Again, I am not saying this is what I think will happen, just an example of a "believable" way for Ines to be a main LI.

My personal preference based on the characters thus far would probably be an Ines pairing with Amrit or Elspeth.

Are you able to share the context of that developer message? It isn't clear to me if they are saying they view Els/Ines that way, or that's how they think the player base to views them.

Kassandara

Aug 24, 2022
I don't think it is a likely outcome based on the story so far, I just hope that it ends up being a possibility because I like the character. And I don't think it would be too difficult to write it in a way that fits the characters so far i.e. MC views Vi purely as a little sister and not romantically, Ines and MC have feelings for each other, and Vi is willing to put her feelings aside because she cares about both of them and wants them to be happy. Again, I am not saying this is what I think will happen, just an example of a "believable" way for Ines to be a main LI.

My personal preference based on the characters thus far would probably be an Ines pairing with Amrit or Elspeth.

Are you able to share the context of that developer message? It isn't clear to me if they are saying they view Els/Ines that way, or that's how they think the player base to views them.
Yeah it's indeed the second; that's how player base views them

Nevertheless it gave me hope, don't ruin it now :BootyTime:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ebirdest

Dec 29, 2021
Yeah it's indeed the second; that's how player base views them

Nevertheless it gave me hope, don't ruin it now :BootyTime:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks for the extra information.

Yeah, I don't always love authors/developers/etc caving to audience pressure, but in this instance I personally hope they do lol

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Some of the dialogue (like Vi getting mad at Ines for not being herself or whatever) seems like Ines might be lesbian or at the very least bisexual
See, I didn't get that vibe at all. She could be, but that's not the feeling I get from her. Seems more like she was referencing how Ines hides herself, like the casual outfits and the glasses. Soon as she knows the MC is around she tries to hide the "imperfections and only present her glamorous self.

ebirdest

Dec 29, 2021
See, I didn't get that vibe at all. She could be, but that's not the feeling I get from her. Seems more like she was referencing how Ines hides herself, like the casual outfits and the glasses. Soon as she knows the MC is around she tries to hide the "imperfections and only present her glamorous self.
I get what you're saying, and I think there is a decent chance that is what it will end up being. I wouldn't feel like I was misled or anything if that ended up being the case. Scenes like Ines changing out of casual wear for something sexy could be viewed as suggesting this outcome.

I just felt like the story was potentially setting Ines up to be a lesbian or at least bisexual with a bigger emphasis on women. The reasons for this being: Ines not being a clear LI yet, the whole hiding her true self (while her "fake" persona is being compared to a girl from their school that bragged about sleeping with their older male teacher), and her obnoxiously over the top attempts at flirting and being sexy despite her relative cluelessness when it actually comes to approaching guys, as if she was overcompensating for something.

In this case, her attempts to "seduce" the MC could be played off as both Ines hiding her real sexuality as well as essentially testing the man who her best friend was in love with to see if he was actually a decent guy/good enough for Vi.

I will say, my interest in the character and desire for her to be available as a LI in the story may be skewing my perception of the events. I am worried she is being setup to not be a main LI, and in some ways, I am on the lookout for things that suggest that.

So, if Ines doesn't end up as a LI, I could see the developer using her sexuality as the reason why she isn't. Vi being her best friend and being in love with the MC is obviously another one. And Ines being bisexual or being in love with Vi would be a way to make her a pseudo LI as a package deal with Vi, as some other posters have suggested, which I would be disappointed by.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I think she is co-LI with Vi. She knows Vi's crush on MC and I don't think she would choose MC over Vi, so I believe she is an LI as plus one of Vi. :unsure:
It looks like that's a potential route, but I also think there will be "separate" opportunities. Sort of like with Kana and Amrit - they both have separate paths, but certain choices seem to provide opportunities to get them together. Whether such choices would also allow for other paths (Amrit and Vi, for example, or Amrit/Ines or even all three since they're under the same roof) remains to be seen.

Oct 10, 2022
It looks like that's a potential route, but I also think there will be "separate" opportunities. Sort of like with Kana and Amrit - they both have separate paths, but certain choices seem to provide opportunities to get them together. Whether such choices would also allow for other paths (Amrit and Vi, for example, or Amrit/Ines or even all three since they're under the same roof) remains to be seen.
I'd welcome anything includes Amrit and Vi together tbh. :sneaky:

Danv

Aug 21, 2020
does this one work like The Author? fuck all girls through the game, choose a color of the ending, or is it more involved and picking everyone could blow up?

Oct 10, 2022
does this one work like The Author? fuck all girls through the game, choose a color of the ending, or is it more involved and picking everyone could blow up?
We don't know that yet, or at least we can't be sure of it. Time to time you need to choose one girl over another and looks like it will effect the end result but still you can be with almost all of them without any blowback.

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes