VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
well she's on sexban until match is over so mc needs to beware her after her match is done.
I think you are confused, ser. Amrit was on the sex ban. Ines isn't a competitor, and may partake at any time she chooses.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

Check In 11/15/2023

Elspeth is the cover girl this week, and it's providing us with the rather rare sight of her being a little less tomboyish than usual.
Draft editing is about as you would expect, still no scenes cut, just tightened. Really most of what's left is working with a scene that has a pretty large divergence based on previous choices. Making sure the scenes feel different enough, but still making sure that key information gets expressed. Once that finishes up I think that'll leave me with a good working draft, then it's in the hands of the proofreader.
Renders are about 792 rendered and 816 posed. It was a pretty good week this week. I'll be aiming to get to an even 850 renders before I switch gears for a bit. With a good base of renders I'll be switching over to animation for a bit. With the script essentially final and most new sets lit and ready I need to get them ported over and ready to work in. Then I'm going to just sit down and see what I can knock out for the first batch of animations. It's a bit different than how I usually do it, but I'm trying out a different division of time this update cycle, seeing if it flows better and gets things done more efficiently. So I'll probably have some early anim numbers for you next week.
I'll be having my monthly art stream for the Blue Belts and above on Saturday at 12pm Pacific, 3pm Eastern. The next batch of Unbroken work is incredibly spoilerific so I'll have to stream something else, I'm just not sure exactly what yet, but assume it will also contain spoilers.
Check in complete, thank you as always for your support and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.
Sláinte!

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
One thing that has impressed me about this game's poses and renders, is that the developer really knows how to use hands well to express a character's emotion and motivation. I remember a manga artist saying that the position and general state of a person's hands is the second most important way – next to facial expressions – at conveying to the reader the emotional state of a character.

Considering the render above, it's interesting how Els seems very comfortable and at ease, despite her more "girly" outfit. And her hands definitely show this. They are relaxed and at her sides in a completely defenseless way, which is fairly unusual for her. If you pay attention, her arms are often crossed, or her hands placed in front of her body in some way, and I recall them even being balled into fists when she's working. Around the MC she does tend to relax, but when she is pressed about things – like when sharing a beer on the midnight stroll and the MC asks her if she has things about her service that she wants to forget – her hands immediately show her defensiveness and discomfort. In that scene, her one hand forms a fist while the other tightly grips her leg. Later on, she sort of "rests" her other hand on the wrist of her still fisted hand, which gives the reader the impression that she is having to hold herself back in some way. Great visual storytelling there.

I wonder what has made her so relaxed in this image, since it's most likely just an unconscious front for the raging maelstrom that still lies beneath?

Elspeth: Peace. I want to be at peace, truly at peace. If only for a brief moment. I'd value that more highly than anything else.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
One thing that has impressed me about this game's poses and renders, is that the developer really knows how to use hands well to express a character's emotion and motivation. I remember a manga artist saying that the position and general state of a person's hands is the second most important way – next to facial expressions – at conveying to the reader the emotional state of a character.

Considering the render above, it's interesting how Els seems very comfortable and at ease, despite her more "girly" outfit. And her hands definitely show this. They are relaxed and at her sides in a completely defenseless way, which is fairly unusual for her. If you pay attention, her arms are often crossed, or her hands placed in front of her body in some way, and I recall them even being balled into fists when she's working. Around the MC she does tend to relax, but when she is pressed about things – like when sharing a beer on the midnight stroll and the MC asks her if she has things about her service that she wants to forget – her hands immediately show her defensiveness and discomfort. In that scene, her one hand forms a fist while the other tightly grips her leg. Later on, she sort of "rests" her other hand on the wrist of her still fisted hand, which gives the reader the impression that she is having to hold herself back in some way. Great visual storytelling there.

I wonder what has made her so relaxed in this image, since it's most likely just an unconscious front for the raging maelstrom that still lies beneath?
Man you described all of that so beautifully and expertly and all I thought when I first saw the pic was "damn, her right hand is just about to lift her dress and she's showing the MC, that she's going commando. PUSSSEEEEHHHHH."

I'm such a perv ! ...sigh...

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Man you described all of that so beautifully and expertly and all I thought when I first saw the pic was "damn, her right hand is just about to lift her dress and she's showing the MC, that she's going commando. PUSSSEEEEHHHHH."

You're being rational, my gay bear thoughs was Els being happy and carefree is because she is going on a date with Valentine after takin his ass into a relationship.

• Haha
Reactions: Ilhares and TimHawk

RoryTate

May 15, 2018

LOL. Don't worry, I also noticed the revealing cut of her dress. Well, after first taking in the way her bust filled out the upper half of her outfit so bountifully. Being a guy who loves breasts, I'll freely admit that the main reason I notice Els crossing her arms so much is that it often gives priority to her cleavage, which is such a wonderful and mesmerizing sight to behold.

Considering things in another more cerebral way is just a different way to find enjoyment in good art. Generally speaking though, sexual desire is not an ambition to be feared or condemned IMO.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ksuha and TimHawk

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
LOL. Don't worry, I also noticed the revealing cut of her dress. Well, after first taking in the way her bust filled out the upper half of her outfit so bountifully. Being a guy who loves breasts, I'll freely admit that the main reason I notice Els crossing her arms so much is that it often gives priority to her cleavage, which is such a wonderful and mesmerizing sight to behold.

Considering things in another more cerebral way is just a different way to find enjoyment in good art. Generally speaking though, sexual desire is not an ambition to be feared or condemned IMO.
Ive always been partial to legs, long, nicely shaped ones to be exact. It's like Legs > Ass > Tits, and as far as tits are concerned it's shape > size. So whenever I spot a beautiful face somewhere, my eyes always wonder down to her legs first, which lemme tell you, even with the non existent winters here in southern california, is a real bitch to figure out sometimes...stupid pants.

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
I love Elspeth, for so many different reasons. Of course she has an amazing body, well-rendered that one, for sure, but her personality, goddamn... she's a badass, but a refined one. And like someone mentioned a couple posts above mine, there's this maelstrom going behind that facade. Broken, totally... like Valentine, and McNab. Actually, most of the characters in this game are broken, and I live for that, but still, to me, Valentine and Elspeth are just meant to be.

Also, I just love the part where she's with Viridiana. She can be fucking intimidating, Vi got that fast, even though she managed to regain her composure.

Reactions: Elduriel

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017

i thought same aka that she has no pants and if that's true then i wouldn't be surprised.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I love Elspeth, for so many different reasons. Of course she has an amazing body, well-rendered that one, for sure, but her personality, goddamn... she's a badass, but a refined one. And like someone mentioned a couple posts above mine, there's this maelstrom going behind that facade. Broken, totally... like Valentine, and McNab. Actually, most of the characters in this game are broken, and I live for that, but still, to me, Valentine and Elspeth are just meant to be.

Also, I just love the part where she's with Viridiana. She can be fucking intimidating, Vi got that fast, even though she managed to regain her composure.
yep, Ines wasn't wrong about her, she is final boss category :love: Easily top 3

Reactions: Sasanid

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Check In 08/04/2023

Hey all just throwing a few customs I did last month if you hadn't seen them elsewhere.

Just a quick check in, everything seems to be on course for the release window I mentioned last week. Testers got me a big bag of fixes and changes to work on this weekend, so that's the focus at the moment, then I'll throw them another build, and we'll just bounce back and forth until it's done.

That's about all that can be said, just the typical late update actions. I'll check in again with you next week, let you know what's up.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and thank you as always for the support.

Sláinte!
A little necromancy...

Going back through my image saves as I'm finally getting to the latest update and saw that second image. Just says here it was a custom, but I don't recognize the girl. Do you know who she is? Thought she might be an "upcoming addition", but I'm striking out.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
A little necromancy...

Going back through my image saves as I'm finally getting to the latest update and saw that second image. Just says here it was a custom, but I don't recognize the girl. Do you know who she is? Thought she might be an "upcoming addition", but I'm striking out.
Certainly wouldn't mind seeing more of her in the game. Maybe another of the ring girls?

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A little necromancy...

Certainly wouldn't mind seeing more of her in the game. Maybe another of the ring girls?
Yeah, I believe that's Julia. The MC had an option to have a 3-way with her and Jenny before his first fight. There can be another scene with Julia later when that agent he despises is trying to lure her away to his agency.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
A little necromancy...

Are you talking about this one? I think she could be Verity, the protagonist's ex.

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes