VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 114 Votes

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
She'll come around. Ines will succumb to the joy.
So you predict that Ines will suck cum in the next chapter? Hmm. That...doesn't sound all that far-fetched now that I think about it.

Love the topless image. No one does "bedroom eyes" quite like Kana. Sexy and sensual all rolled into one, but done in a very "wholesome" way of course. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Ilhares and cxx

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
So you predict that Ines will suck cum in the next chapter? Hmm. That...doesn't sound all that far-fetched now that I think about it.
I won't dare to speculate on that specifically, but the look of anger on her face and that pillow? It makes me think Vi has just come back and told her that Valentine popped her cherry. Ines is pissed because she didn't get there first.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
I won't dare to speculate on that specifically, but the look of anger on her face and that pillow? It makes me think Vi has just come back and told her that Valentine popped her cherry. Ines is pissed because she didn't get there first.
Well, this is an adult VN, so the ironclad law is pillow fight = repressed sapphic attraction and lovemaking in the future. Unless you mean that Ines wanted to be the one to deflower Vi? In that case...please tell me more about this interesting theory of yours and spare no detail. That's a fascinating scene to imagine I must admit.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Talks about the Unbroken going to Steam, after the author had me thinking.
The Author would go to Steam early next year according to the developer. So, if "after the author" doesn't mean "a year after the author", Unbroken is probably close to the end too. I think we have about 2 more updates to expect.

Also, going by the changelog, part 6 was x4 as big as part 1 was, and part 1 was big by Author standards. This game is huge.
With Part 7 going for ~65,000 words, I would expect as big as part 5 at least. Another huge chapter.

I think the entire author was as big as chapters 5-6 of this story length-wise, with about as many renders as part 6.

Last edited:

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Talks about the Unbroken going to Steam, after the author had me thinking.
The Author would go to Steam early next year according to the developer. So, if "after the author" doesn't mean "a year after the author", Unbroken is probably close to the end too. I think we have about 2 more updates to expect.

Also, going by the changelog, part 6 was x4 as big as part 1 was, and part 1 was big by Author standards. This game is huge.
With Part 7 going for ~65,000 words, I would expect as big as part 5 at least. Another huge chapter.

I think the entire author was as big as chapters 5-6 of this story length-wise, with about as many renders as part 6.
I was present in his recent discord Q&A and it's definitely going to have more than 7 chapters.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
You got it a little wrong. The game is currently 45% finished. In total, the game will have 12-14 chapters.
Oh... so two more years of development at least before it goes to steam? Or he will release it in "seasons" in steam?

I was present in his recent discord Q&A and it's definitely going to have more than 7 chapters.
OK, but are we talking about 5-7 chapters more as the previous poster said?

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Oh... so two more years of development at least before it goes to steam? Or he will release it in "seasons" in steam?

OK, but are we talking about 5-7 chapters more as the previous poster said?
He didnt specify but he said the game is about 60% done(after chapter 6).

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

Check In 11/09/2023

No super exciting or revelatory notes today, so a quick update this time.
Draft editing is going well, tightened up a few scenes, managed to get that scene I was thinking about rewritten and I'm much happier with the newer version. This is the first update in a while that I haven't had to full remove scenes, only trimming them up a little which is nice, everybody should have at least one scene with their favored cast members.
Renders are about 613 rendered of the 625 posed. Still no major snags yet, renders are cooking a decent rate, no four hour per scenes yet. Pray to the render gods that it stays that way.
That's about it this week, just chipping away bit by bit. I'll probably be sneaking my next art stream in Nov 18th. I'll have more concrete times next weeks update, but I'm trying to fit it around what I expect will be multiple release QnA's from some recent and upcoming releases, also I know some folks will be traveling for Thanksgiving. Trying to make it as accessible as possible.
Nothing else today, thank you for the support and I hope you have a lovely and safe weekend.
Sláinte!

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
What a good VN, how did I only discover it now?
It should be more recommended, I'll have to put some banners on my sign later.
Welcome aboard, and yea it's among the best games on the site. Would be cool if you try to get it more attention.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
try out the other game of the dev then, it's also pretty good, though not as high production quality as this one, I can still recommend it.

Reactions: ImSenjou

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
It's sometimes hard to say why certain stories become popular while others plateau early. I don't know if my experience is common, but I actually had a bit of a rough start with this game. I unfortunately felt an immediate conflict between being Amrit's coach and the many dialog choices given to romance her. Now in a poorly written story that wouldn't have mattered so much, but the game did an outstanding job of establishing how hard the MC had worked to make her fighting career succeed. So I started with a "don't mix business with pleasure" playthrough, but with so many choices to flirt with Amrit coming so early, I actually stopped playing and only came back to it a few months later to try and give the VN a second chance.

It's difficult to pinpoint a single cause for my initial reaction, but I think I lost interest because it just felt a little bit pointless to be playing an adult game where the only thing you did for the first several choices was brush off the initial love interest that was presented to you.

Luckily once I got further in that was no longer a problem. All the other LI's were phenomenal, and the early narrative focus of "building Amrit's career" gave way to "fixing broken MC", so even an Amrit romance playthrough felt okay (though still a little predatory at times, not gonna lie, in a "this could end badly" way). I do wonder if changing the narrative thrust and limiting the Amrit-focused choices early on might help to better introduce new people to the story. It's got very positive reviews with beautiful and well-rendered images, so I don't think it has a problem with getting on people's radar as a game to try. Do they stick with it though? Whether many people experience the same frustration with the start that I did would be interesting to learn.

Reactions: Quetzzz

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
this is mostly known if played the author 1st (not needed since this is it's own game besides prev. game mc and his loved one appear briefly at start).

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
About Elspeth, the pacifist facade is her wall, I kind of understand because when I was younger I also liked to fight, it was fun, I watched the Pride fights, my cousin always got vhs tapes of the fights in Japan (I'm Brazilian, and many Brazilians fought there at the time).

I liked to fight with my cousins and my friends, until I hurt my brother, I think I blocked part of the memory, but if I'm not mistaken with a kick I "punctured" one of his kidneys, he had to have surgery, even before I had already broken his arm on another occasion, but this time it was more serious, my family was all worried, and from then on everyone started to look at me differently, they started to judge me in a bad way, they called me names that I dont 'want to say.

So I just stopped, I became repressed, I stopped fighting, over time I stopped going out with these friends, I stopped watching fights, my relationship with my brother was never the same, since then I started to hate him, thinking about it now I see it's silly of me, but that's how I acted, and even today I consider myself someone with anger issues, but who suppresses it, I had to put up with a lot of shit from a lot of people, until I couldn't take it anymore, lost my temper and acted violently again, and in the end I always blame it on my "anger issues."

So looking at Elspeth, and reading some of the comments here, I see part of myself in Elspeth, someone who likes to fight, but who hurt people close to her, lost people and had to put on a facade to be accepted.

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
About Elspeth, the pacifist facade is her wall, I kind of understand because when I was younger I also liked to fight, it was fun, I watched the Pride fights, my cousin always got vhs tapes of the fights in Japan (I'm Brazilian, and many Brazilians fought there at the time).

I liked to fight with my cousins and my friends, until I hurt my brother, I think I blocked part of the memory, but if I'm not mistaken with a kick I "punctured" one of his kidneys, he had to have surgery, even before I had already broken his arm on another occasion, but this time it was more serious, my family was all worried, and from then on everyone started to look at me differently, they started to judge me in a bad way, they called me names that I dont 'want to say.

So I just stopped, I became repressed, I stopped fighting, over time I stopped going out with these friends, I stopped watching fights, my relationship with my brother was never the same, since then I started to hate him, thinking about it now I see it's silly of me, but that's how I acted, and even today I consider myself someone with anger issues, but who suppresses it, I had to put up with a lot of shit from a lot of people, until I couldn't take it anymore, lost my temper and acted violently again, and in the end I always blame it on my "anger issues."

So looking at Elspeth, and reading some of the comments here, I see part of myself in Elspeth, someone who likes to fight, but who hurt people close to her, lost people and had to put on a facade to be accepted.
First of, brave of you to share all that, thank you, it was a great read and also great insight.

Whenever I come back to Unbroken I get this weird feeling, that there is one piece of the puzzle, that we are still missing as far as Els is concerned, and I obviously don't mean the big reveal, I'm pretty sure we won't get that one untill one of the last few Episodes.

I understand a pacifist facade in your case, but Els, especially given that she is a genius who never seems to do anything carelessly or without a reason, doesn't even try to hide the fact that it's just a facade.

She runs a Veteran shelter and the group sessions, so being around violence or the recollection of violence is her 9-5. On top of that she spars and rolls, so her facade is kinda made out of paper, there is just something missing, it's just not a mistake Els would make.

She recieved martial arts training in her youth, so one would think any latent desire for violence would've shown itself much sooner.

I wish we would know how dark the developer wants to go with Unbroken, because maybe violence is just a trigger by proxy and it's killing that she got hooked on. It's entirely plausible that, unlike violence, the first time she had to take a life was during her time in the military.

Episode 6 was a big help in answering some questions, so I hope Episode 7 will continue that trend.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
She recieved martial arts training in her youth, so one would think any latent desire for violence would've shown itself much sooner.
I think Els's desires did show at a young age. In the scene with Els's Dad, when the MC says that Els is a pacifist, he begins to dispute/question this description, but Els interrupts him and doesn't let him finish. So I think she did show this tendency towards violence when she was young, and her Dad is aware of it. Knowing that character trait could also be why, when her Mom suggests that Els could be the one to enlist after her brother dies, her Dad says: "It's a bad idea. Anybody would be better than her.". I think he might have understood from his own experiences in the army how the horrors of war could affect her, given her fascination with violent imagery (horror movies, etc) and extreme emotions. These questions still remain to be resolved, so this could be wrong, but I think we have enough hints to say that Els has been this way for much of her life.

Reactions: ksuha and TimHawk
4.70 star(s) 114 Votes