VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

N0lla

Aug 25, 2023
It took a little time to get into it. But I'm likeing it. Rendering is good, characters their history is interesting and develops in a nice way.

I also like the subtle movements in the renders with head movement, eyes and gestures. It's really well done, brings more to the table. So well done.

Reactions: Elduriel

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Played Part 4 the last time... i liked "The Author" but it had its flaws...

With "The Unbroken" you see some serious improvement in many regards, well in every regard.

But i had my problems with the game when i played it the first time. Mostly because of the MC. I kinda need to "immerse" into the MC to get really invested into a Story like this, and it just didnt worked for me...

Mostly because we dont learn that much about the MC, especially why he struggles with many things so much and hates himself, the reason behind that is not clear and very blurry. It was only indicated and vague all the time, not enough to "work with" i guess.

So i thaught... well maybe give it a couple more update so if i learn more about the MC the game can work better. And yes, after PArt 6 finally there is more to the MC, i dont think we know everything yet that is important, but enough to understand him and his struggles and thinking.

I think the game would be better if those things would be discovered earlier, but well, it seems to be the approach to discover things about every character bit by bit. Its not that to my linking i have to say, but it doesnt change the fact that game is really getting together very well. And after part 6 i cant wait for more. Curious how long it is planned to be. The Unbroken is already way longer than The Author was.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

Sneak Peek 12/17/2023

So today it's just a little fun with our preview. Depending on how you interacted with Elspeth in the last update you'll get one of the scenes above in the upcoming update. It's actually been pretty fun writing the variants this time around. I little something for everybody I think.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

Check In 12/20/2023

The lovely Trinity graces us with her presence this week.
Pretty productive this week. A cool 1701 renders are finished at the moment. Managed to get some extra free time so I got a little more work in.
Managed to get the second batch of anims mostly set up and getting the gears moving. Hoping to get those to a good stopping point and start moving on to the third batch this week. My general hope is to get that batch to a decent stopping point by the end of the holidays before I switch gears back to going heavy on still renders for a while.
Really nothing extra interesting beyond that just doing my regular update work, wish I could make it sound sexier, but it really isn't.
This will be my last update before Christmas, so for those of you who celebrate it I hope you have a very Merry one. I might sneak out a few seasonal renders as a small little gift.
Thank you as always for the support, I hope you have a lovely upcoming weekend, and lovely holiday.
Sláinte!

TGafy

May 14, 2020
I'm new to this thread and just finished The Author, which lead me here. It looks like TA finished in a year's time and I'm wondering if Unbroken is close? I saw mention of part 7 being close to release, but is that the last part for this game?

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I'm new to this thread and just finished The Author, which lead me here. It looks like TA finished in a year's time and I'm wondering if Unbroken is close? I saw mention of part 7 being close to release, but is that the last part for this game?
Very unlikely. I think we're closer to the middle than the end. Someone on his site might have better info, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet on at least 10 parts, based on where the story is currently.

Reactions: McGreed

TGafy

May 14, 2020
Very unlikely. I think we're closer to the middle than the end. Someone on his site might have better info, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet on at least 10 parts, based on where the story is currently.
Oh, wow. So sounds like Unbroken's a much bigger story than the first one. If you're right, then it might be over a year maybe even two before completion. Thanks for your input on this.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
It's definitely NOT the last part.
The dev said it's about 55% done as of chapter 6.

The good thing is, it's a batter game than The Author in every aspect, especially the writing.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

Check In 12/27/2023

This week I'm just dropping in with the final winter/holiday themed renders I put together this week. Hope you all had a nice holiday.
1807 renders are finished at the moment. About 1850 posed.
Third batch of anims should be at their good stopping point by Friday or Saturday. That leaves me with about two more batches to work on. I'll be returning to work on still renders predominately for a little so anims will probably stick here until I return to focusing on them.
That's about it work wise, I do want to take a moment though to wish everybody a Happy New Year. I'm so grateful for all the support you guys continue to provide. I really can't articulate how truly grateful I feel every time I think about it. On that note, as a good amount of people know my birthday is the 31st AKA Sunday AKA NYE. Since I don't go out or anything fun I've decided that I'm just going to be doing a little stream in Discord. It's going to be totally open, freeform. I'll probably do some art, answer some questions, I might be able to con a few of my fellow devs to hop in and maybe share some of their stuff. No specific time, just whenever I hop on until whenever I hop off, it'll be open to everybody. I'm sure most people have real NYE plans, but if you have a little time feel free to drop in for a bit, hopefully we'll have a decent time.
That's it, thank you guys so much and I hope you have a wonderful last few days of the year.
Sláinte!

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes