VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

Check In 01/03/2024

When trying to decide this update if I wanted the title screen for Els to show more of her girlish or tomboy sides I had difficulty. So of course I just went ahead and did both.
I've returned my focus back to still renders now, the goal is to try and get all the stills completely finished up, at least first draft wise, before returning to the final batches of animation. As of writing 201 1 renders are posed, with about 1993 finished rendering. I've been decently fortunate this update to have yet to have any scenes with 5 hour render times, though now that I've said it I'm sure the render fairies are preparing. Honestly the only scene I anticipate big times on is the final scene, as usual just because of the number of people in the scene.
Animations have returned to a backburner position. When I have the time while renders are cooking I'll be making fine tunes to the batches I've already done. Just ironing out the final tweaks and details before they're ready to ship. The hope is that I'll have finished both the stills and that about the same time. Then I'll return to work on the last two scenes I need animation on, while I code and have any stills that need fixing rendering.
Not many superlatives beyond that. Thank you all for joining me in another exciting year. Really hoping it's a big one here.
Thank you as always for the support. I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.
Sláinte!

TGafy

May 14, 2020
I'm hoping to break her in properly. But how Vi reacts will be interesting to see.
I'd imagine a funny outrage scene, then acceptance, leading to a throuple situation.
With Ines, I hadn't had the heart to touch her before Vi though. Even with several saves, it's felt off to have fun with Ines first.

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
With Ines, I hadn't had the heart to touch her before Vi though.
If you try, even Valentine himself doesn't have the heart, because Ines is all bark and no bite. She might be trying to play the sexy French coquette, but that façade is thin as an eggshell. The tiniest push, and she's paralyzed with fear and inexperience.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
These girls who are this wreckless and insecure live in a house full of warriors, literal meat heads - MMA fighters accept any sudden blow to the head might mean severe head trauma rendering them undisposed severely for some time or permanently, while literal war vets know all too well stray bullets, friendly fire or enemy aggression, could mean literal death or severe head trauma, even a concussion through the helmet could get them outta the game - so literal warring meat heads all around them. Vi even had one as a brother, her rock who, upon passing, severely incapacitated her socially and emotionally. They are easy prey for everyone else with all the flaring hormones and adrenaline pumping them to unexpected rush judgements in their daily lives.
If you try, even Valentine himself doesn't have the heart, because Ines is all bark and no bite. She might be trying to play the sexy French coquette, but that façade is thin as an eggshell. The tiniest push, and she's paralyzed with fear and inexperience.
I'm hoping to break her in properly. But how Vi reacts will be interesting to see.
:LOL: Ines really is a slutty little ninja! Looking forward to this.

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
...so literal warring meat heads all around them.
No. Valentine is actually quite intelligent, and it is an important reveal in the story that he has been playing up the "dumb jock" stereotype in his career choices largely because that is what is expected of him, not because that is who he actually is. And McNab never gave off "dangerous" vibes even for a second. He actually embodies the "patient father" role in how he interacts with the group, and in how he stopped Valentine from getting revenge over Zaina's death. Neither of them are aggressive at all outside of the ring, or combat, where it is totally appropriate for them to do so.

Vi even had one as a brother, her rock who, upon passing, severely incapacitated her socially and emotionally
Again, not even close. Vi's family issues stem from her brother's abandonment of her after they lost their parents, and the way he isolated her from Valentine (hiding his letters, etc). Her brother's death was actually more of a relief to her than a traumatic experience. And you're leaving out the dog attack and physical scars that are Vi's true trauma. Those are what often cause her to become paralyzed and unable to function. Ignoring that major event in her life is very strange. And revealing perhaps in its omission, because it was a situation where Valentine's physical strength, courage, and assertiveness, likely saved Vi's life from a dangerous animal. That kind of masculinity is seen as very positive and desirable in the eyes of the opposite sex, as that particular threat proves.

The one-sided and pejorative narratives you suggest are simply too forced to be believed. They don't fit the events of the story, or the characterizations, and they fall into a hypoagency vs hyperagency trap for each sex that is honestly insulting.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
These girls who are this wreckless and insecure live in a house full of warriors, literal meat heads - MMA fighters accept any sudden blow to the head might mean severe head trauma rendering them undisposed severely for some time or permanently, while literal war vets know all too well stray bullets, friendly fire or enemy aggression, could mean literal death or severe head trauma, even a concussion through the helmet could get them outta the game - so literal warring meat heads all around them. Vi even had one as a brother, her rock who, upon passing, severely incapacitated her socially and emotionally. They are easy prey for everyone else with all the flaring hormones and adrenaline pumping them to unexpected rush judgements in their daily lives.
I think you played a different VN my dude.

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
giphy.gif

Reactions: Ilhares

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
she spies mc having sex with 1 of other girls.
That's Vi and Ines' room so I assume Valentine and Vi are having sex.

No. Valentine is actually quite intelligent, and it is an important reveal in the story that he has been playing up the "dumb jock" stereotype in his career choices largely because that is what is expected of him, not because that is who he actually is. And McNab never gave off "dangerous" vibes even for a second. He actually embodies the "patient father" role in how he interacts with the group, and in how he stopped Valentine from getting revenge over Zaina's death. Neither of them are aggressive at all outside of the ring, or combat, where it is totally appropriate for them to do so.

Again, not even close. Vi's family issues stem from her brother's abandonment of her after they lost their parents, and the way he isolated her from Valentine (hiding his letters, etc). Her brother's death was actually more of a relief to her than a traumatic experience. And you're leaving out the dog attack and physical scars that are Vi's true trauma. Those are what often cause her to become paralyzed and unable to function. Ignoring that major event in her life is very strange. And revealing perhaps in its omission, because it was a situation where Valentine's physical strength, courage, and assertiveness, likely saved Vi's life from a dangerous animal. That kind of masculinity is seen as very positive and desirable in the eyes of the opposite sex, as that particular threat proves.

The one-sided and pejorative narratives you suggest are simply too forced to be believed. They don't fit the events of the story, or the characterizations, and they fall into a hypoagency vs hyperagency trap for each sex that is honestly insulting.
At this point I'm pretty cerain that McNab is gay, and probably have a thing for Valentine, and having sex with his agent. And I am not sold on the cause of Vi's scars is dog attack. Remember there was no dogs around while she, Ines, and Valentine were going to home, from the Vet Centre. Yet she saw the crowd and froze. I believe Valentine saved her form a gang assault. He wouldn't have ended up with cuffs in a police station for killing an animal. He also had gotten prosecuted and ended up in the military, which wasn't by choice. Which means he was sentenced, though mitigated in defense of another.
And Valentine is definitely playing dumb, when he actually is quite smart. He's just giving people what they expect from him, while he gets away with shit like his Casanova persona and being literally a mass murderer, and stay emotionally detached.

BTW, I have a hunch that Elspeth (my favourite girl) is somehow behind Davis killing Zaina.

P.S This is the most fulfilling story and my favourite adult game off all-time. I would've become patron if I had the means, even though updates are way too far between.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cxx

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Remember there was no dogs around while she, Ines, and Valentine were going to home, from the Vet Centre. Yet she saw the crowd and froze.
There actually was a large dog in the crowd, It's easy to miss but it is there.
But, I don't think she was attacked by a dog only, in chapter 6 he is interrogated by police and the detective said something about another dude who is in the hospital and not in a shape to talk(besides from Vi) and Valentine had bruised knuckles, so I don't think it's only a dog, perhaps some asshole dog owner was part of it too.

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
There actually was a large dog in the crowd, It's easy to miss but it is there.
But, I don't think she was attacked by a dog only, in chapter 6 he is interrogated by police and the detective said something about another dude who is in the hospital and not in a shape to talk(besides from Vi) and Valentine had bruised knuckles, so I don't think it's only a dog, perhaps some asshole dog owner was part of it too.
Oh, yeah. Right behind the guy with a package.
But Vi's scars don't look like from a dog bite. Chin, maybe but how can a dog bite you on the abdomen, almost perfectly straight, like a scar from appendicitis surgery?

Oct 10, 2022
Oh, yeah. Right behind the guy with a package.
But Vi's scars don't look like from a dog bite. Chin, maybe but how can a dog bite you on the abdomen, almost perfectly straight, like a scar from appendicitis surgery?
Dogs do have claws too. Jump on someone bite, claw, maul etc. so nothing off with the scars.
Until the story outright say the scars from a dog attack I'll be sceptical because it looks too much like a red herring but it is the most plausible explanation so far.

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
Dogs do have claws too. Jump on someone bite, claw, maul etc. so nothing off with the scars.
Until the story outright say the scars from a dog attack I'll be sceptical because it looks too much like a red herring but it is the most plausible explanation so far.
Claws cause parallel cuts, not a single one and dog nails are blunt. The can't cut deep even if you try to hold the dog's paw and try to stab one with it. You'd only end up breaking the paw bones.

I really think you are confusing dogs with bears. I mean, mauling? Really? Are you sure that you know what a dog is?

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor
Oct 10, 2022
Claws cause parallel cuts, not a single one and dog nails are blunt. The can't cut deep even if you try to hold the dog's paw and try to stab one with it. You'd only end up breaking the paw bones.

I really think you are confusing dogs with bears. I mean, mauling? Really? Are you sure that you know what a dog is?

verb
verb: maul; 3rd person present: mauls; past tense: mauled; past participle: mauled; gerund or present participle: mauling
  1. (of an animal) wound (a person or animal) by scratching and tearing.

Maul is a correct word.;)

Their nails are blunt only if it has proper care. I am not sure what type of fragile dogs you are talking about but dogs are extremely dangerous animals, I saw irl what they capable of. Paw bones won't break that easily and the scars does not look like stab wound. Only thing make sense what you said is parallel cuts but they are not fresh wounds, there is a possibility that only single deeper cut left mark.

So let me reverse the question, are you sure that you know what a dog is? Maybe you are confusing dogs with chicks.

Reactions: patachoucs

maroek

Jan 18, 2018

verb
verb: maul; 3rd person present: mauls; past tense: mauled; past participle: mauled; gerund or present participle: mauling
  1. (of an animal) wound (a person or animal) by scratching and tearing.

Maul is a correct word.;)

Their nails are blunt only if it has proper care. I am not sure what type of fragile dogs you are talking about but dogs are extremely dangerous animals, I saw irl what they capable of. Paw bones won't break that easily and the scars does not look like stab wound. Only thing make sense what you said is parallel cuts but they are not fresh wounds, there is a possibility that only single deeper cut left mark.

So let me reverse the question, are you sure that you know what a dog is? Maybe you are confusing dogs with chicks.
Well, I had some dogs (and cats) in the past like Rottweiler and a full-blooded Kangal etc. and never ever in my life have I seen a dog attacking with its paws. Dogs have paw, not claws.

And, no! A dog's nails will always be blunt unless their human does something in the range of animal cruelty, like not letting it ever walk and in that case never trim its nails. A cat can cut you deep to make you bleed even if you cut its nails but a dog can't no matter what.

Maul isn't the correct word when you're talking about canids.

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes