VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
This is the old "realism vs escapism" argument in art/entertainment. And the interesting thing here is that no one who defends the escapism position (like myself) has ever wanted zero realism in a game (although many on the other side do lobby for zero escapism unfortunately). From realistic and believable characters to realistic mechanics, I – and many others who enjoy escapism in our stories – always appreciate the time and effort taken to make something feel authentic. However, there is a point at which "too much" realism ruins the enjoyment of fiction. Because if a story or game offers nothing different than what we experience in our day-to-day lives, then there is no reason to engage with it.

The best stories are able to find a good balance between the two ideals. They have a reasonable amount of realism, but provide a comfortable escapist framework that minimizes frustrating consequences or limitations that people often wish weren't present in the real world. I think STWA: The Unbroken is pretty much a perfect mix of the two. For example, most people aren't nearly as tall as Valentine (I think he stands close to 2 meters tall, which is something that not even a very tall man like myself – standing at 191 cm – can claim), and it is enjoyable for many to imagine themselves without that limitation of having a set height for a brief period of time in their lives.
You really dont have to write a research paper about simple topics like that (if you enjoy it fine).

Im obviously not for "zero escapism" as (as you explained yourself) im fine with the mc being a gary sue player who's handsome, rich and a chill, cool guy. So i really dont see the point about all the people advocating for zero, every avn has escapism do a degree and everyone is fine with it.

But this is an AVN where the main aspect is the relationship building (with additinional mma) so its kinda important to potray this aspect somewhat believeable.

For you its apparently wholesome or whatever when a LI doesnt mind the mc fucking other girls all the time, for me its damaging (or even destroying) the character of said LI.

If you arent hurt/jealous/pissed/whatever when the person you crush on fucks other people .. how is anyone even supposed to believe there are feelings in the first place at all involved?

And im not nessecarily saying that Els (in this example) should "break up" (i know they arent really a couple yet) about it with valentine but there should be at least consequences even if its just a talk/discussion or whatever about it.

Otherwise all these girl are just dumb wish fullfilment bots and feel like that. And we already have harem avn's for that itch (collecting girls like pokeballs).

And while you may choose to characterize this type of fiction with the pejorative of "a 12-year-old's fantasy", the reality is that this is many adult men's fantasy, because – and I'm going to put this fairly bluntly – there is absolutely nothing childish, problematic, gross, harmful or wrong with enjoying imagined situations in a fictional story that can't or are unlikely to occur within our limited timespans upon this Earth. /end rant
Depends obviously at the fantasy but even if youre right it usually still makes storys very boring whichs seems to be your thing.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
STWAUnbroken-P7
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev] - Compressed

Win/Linux [1,31 GB]
- - - -

Mac [1,29 GB]
- - - -

-------------------------
STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.
If you missed it you can find the old Update only patch HERE.

Universal: Pt. 6 -> Pt. 7 [1,92 GB]
- - - -

Universal Compressed: Pt. 6 -> Pt. 7 [267 MB]
- - - -

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.

Last edited:

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024

Win/Linux [1,31 GB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac [Size]

MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - -

MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - -

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.
Woowoo!

Reactions: Bob69

maroek

Jan 18, 2018

Win/Linux [1,31 GB]

Mac [1,29 GB]

MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - -

MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - -

I should've waited for you. I am the victim of my own impatience.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bob69

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
Wow, the update is 10GB. That's going to take about half an hour to download, so I guess I've got a bit of time here.

You really dont have to write a research paper about simple topics like that (if you enjoy it fine).
If it's not worth doing well, it's not worth doing.

Im obviously not for "zero escapism" as (as you explained yourself) im fine with the mc being a gary sue player who's handsome, rich and a chill, cool guy.
We must be playing different games. Valentine is clawing his way back from significant setbacks in his life – both romantic and professional. Romancing Elspeth is actually quite a challenge to not get friendzoned by her. And there's a lot more that flies in the face of a "Gary Stu" moniker.

For you its apparently wholesome or whatever when a LI doesnt mind the mc fucking other girls all the time, for me its damaging (or even destroying) the character of said LI.
I don't place any value judgments like "wholesome" or "unwholesome" on the choices people make in a fictional story/game. Simply put: if some paths are damaging to the characterization for you, then play the game the way you would like to, by being exclusive to the LI that you choose.

The way I look at this particular situation is informed by my knowledge of many women, and in general I've found that some – not all, but a significant number – aren't upset by a guy having casual sex with another woman (though this obviously can't happen by him cheating on her after they are serious), so long as he doesn't develop strong feelings for her. There is a big difference between the sexes here – men in general react in the opposite way – so I tend to see Elspeth as simply following this general attitude.

If you arent hurt/jealous/pissed/whatever when the person you crush on fucks other people .. how is anyone even supposed to believe there are feelings in the first place at all involved?
That's a good point, but it doesn't really apply to this game. Consider the death stare Amrit gives MC the morning after he sleeps with Elspeth, and her not so subtle "we'll talk about this later" statement. Other characters haven't really gotten to the point where this might come up yet, but I expect they will react according to their own characters in generally realistic ways, while still maintaining an enjoyable escapist setting.

Depends obviously at the fantasy but even if youre right it usually still makes storys very boring whichs seems to be your thing.
That's a deliberate misinterpretation of what I said. As I explained, this game has a very deep and rich narrative, interesting and realistic characters, fun and challenging gameplay, and it's the authentic vision of a genuine storyteller, meaning it doesn't have the "sensitivity" disemboweling that plagues corporate products. That is why it appeals to me quite strongly.

And only a few minutes are left in the download...perfect timing.

4.70 star(s) 112 Votes