VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 113 Votes

Yadhutm

Jul 27, 2021
Guys it's an unnecessary question..because iam kinda new to this game....Anyway iam currently at first Elis sex scene(2nd fight) ...and i was wondering am i currently at the latest update..?

Mar 2, 2022

Hello beautiful people.
Hope you're having a lovely week so far. Hopping on as we return to our regular schedule here.
It's always a little weird switching gears from release mode crunch back into the starting phase of the next update, but in the next few days I'll uploading a final version with various fixes and that should keep us stable until we get our next update.
Nothing super exciting this week, fairly usual early update stuff, finding and building sets, looking for models for new characters all that boring technical stuff. This update is fairly light on that sort of stuff so it should be a pretty easy process.
Not much else on the dev end , spent some time catching up on customs owed and other various responsibilities.
After update QnA will be this Saturday the 6th. 1pm Pacific/4pm Eastern. Open to all feel free to drop in I'll be around for a few hours I'll answer questions chat and maybe do a little art streaming.
Otherwise that's it for today, appreciate all the support as always and I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.
Sláinte!

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
Guys it's an unnecessary question..because iam kinda new to this game....Anyway iam currently at first Elis sex scene(2nd fight) ...and i was wondering am i currently at the latest update..?
The Els sex scene in question is from Part 6, so you're not in the latest update yet at that point in the game. The new Part 7 content begins once everyone arrives home from Mallorca.

Reactions: Yadhutm

RoryTate

May 15, 2018
True but they aren't used up to this point so who knows. Other than the friend/love variables for the LIs none of them are used with the exception of Els' trust. Amrit's confidence all of the interest in girls and all of Ines' specific variables never come in to play anywhere in the game. They're just there.
And that non-use of those variables is a bit frustrating in games like this. I completely understand the decision to not close off routes, and to prevent multiple renders from being needed for every scene after a certain choice. So it's certainly not possible to use them in a lot of situations without a ton of extra effort. However, those scores could be used to alter some character personalities with minimal added work. For example, the "interest in girls" variable you mentioned. Let's consider Amrit for a minute, since she has the highest score possible for this particular attribute. And using that let's brainstorm a bit on the scene in the latest update where she's talking to Ines after Kana visits and then leaves with the MC. The way it is coded in the game is as follows:

Code:
i "They seem close."
i "..."
i "They ...?"
a "Not a clue."
a "I find it's safer not to think about that anymore."
Instead, let's leave the renders showing Ines and Amrit's facial expression the same, and code it as follows:

Code:
i "They seem close."
i "..."
i "They ...?"
a "Not a clue."
if amritinterestingirls >= 7:
    a "I wouldn't blame him if he was though."
else:
    a "I find it's safer not to think about that anymore."
Another option would be to have Amrit flirt with the other girls directly when she is around them, or if you want to keep it MC-focused add some extra dialog like:

Code:
if amritinterestingirls >= 7:
    a "Of course [mc]. Tell you what, I'll give Els' boobs an extra squeeze just for you."
Those kinds of things are fairly easy to add in, and they give a lot of extra depth and nuance to characters (LIs become more "dynamic" and less "flat"), make the world feel more lived in and real (because the player is given feedback that they are having an effect on it), and when used well can also build anticipation for future events and sex scenes, which increases the overall enjoyment of the game.

Reactions: TGafy and Rehwyn

BigApe

Apr 28, 2022
So.. I have an issue. I kind of wanna be the biggest possible man slut in this game.

Is there repercussions for that yet? Pretty much every girl I've found hurts to say no..

Rehwyn

Apr 10, 2024
So.. I have an issue. I kind of wanna be the biggest possible man slut in this game.

Is there repercussions for that yet? Pretty much every girl I've found hurts to say no..
Per the dev on Discord:
I try not punish people for exploring options. In general most girls won't care who you screw unless you've made a commitment to them. Or If you screw somebody they hate, that might put a damper on things.
I've focused primarily on the main LIs, but this has been consistent with my experience. So far, there's a few instances where you might lose a couple love points, but not serious repercussions.

The biggest downside so far I've seen is that there's several instances where you have to pick between which LI to spend time with.

Reactions: Walter Victor
4.70 star(s) 113 Votes