VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 121 Votes

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Check In 9/20/2024

4 hours ago

Hello all, another Friday, another check in .
Script revision going well, I'm rather content. Minor spoilers, but I had a lot fun writing for the lovely Jenny and Julia this update. Even though they aren't "main girls" its fun giving them a little more to work with.
400 renders posed and completed as I write this today. Made some decent progress this week. I'll be switching gears for the next week and change so I'll be holding renders here, so don't expect a huge jump in them next week. Just forewarning
As I mentioned last week I've been expanding the skill set. It has been trying to say the least, but I'm slowly chipping away at making a semi competent piece to fit the standards I want. Along with that I've been taking some time to clean up some coding in the back end, making sure things remain stable as we move into the future. The goal currently is to get all the little "errands" I need done before the end of the month so I can hit October with all that crap out of the way. A lot of the time I let those things build up until the end and then it suddenly borks me so I'm really hoping that by taking care of it in smaller increments I might maintain a little more sanity.
Anyway that's mostly it for today. I will be having a Blue belt art stream on Sunday the 22nd at 1pm Pacific time, I'll be working on supplementary renders or customs so no Unbroken spoilers . Hop on in if you have a moment.
As always thank you for the support and I hope you have a great weekend, I'll see you next Friday with another update.
Sláinte!

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
renders were never bad in this, they may have improved overtime, but they were never bad
They were never bad, right. But also all the characters suffered from stone face syndrome early on. First 2 or 3 releases looked like Mass Effect: Andromeda. It's gotten drastically better in the meantime but some model's resting faces (ex. Vivi, Kana) are still a bit compromised by it.

That somewhat makes up for him being French
Is he? Him calling himself Stew and signing with Slainté practically screams irish.

Reactions: maroek

Raynare69

Jan 1, 2022
Just finished my first playthrough and catching up to the current patch...
This is one the better games I've played on here, and I've probably played through at least 60-70+

The writing is just so well done and engaging, the character interactions are great and feel so real compared to many others. There's a certain depth to it and the reactions are great as well. Very well done.

This has been such a great experience that, although I chose to pass up on The Author because of lack of personal visual appeal, I think I might actually check that one out. If the writing is even half as good as this latest work, then I'm sure I'll find it enjoyable. Cheers!

P.S. I need more REENIE in my life!

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Just finished my first playthrough and catching up to the current patch...
This is one the better games I've played on here, and I've probably played through at least 60-70+

The writing is just so well done and engaging, the character interactions are great and feel so real compared to many others. There's a certain depth to it and the reactions are great as well. Very well done.

This has been such a great experience that, although I chose to pass up on The Author because of lack of personal visual appeal, I think I might actually check that one out. If the writing is even half as good as this latest work, then I'm sure I'll find it enjoyable. Cheers!

P.S. I need more REENIE in my life!
you should definitely check out the Author, visually it's a bit dated, but still a great AVN.

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
you should definitely check out the Author, visually it's a bit dated, but still a great AVN.
Author does nothing for me. It's really hard to believe Unbroken catches me in such a personal way while Author is son unbelievably uninteresting to me. And it's not about the visuals. There are many AVNs with much better visuals than Unbroken, yet that's quite literally a work of art.

Reactions: MF_DOOM and Abhai

TonyMurray

Apr 8, 2024
Author does nothing for me. It's really hard to believe Unbroken catches me in such a personal way while Author is son unbelievably uninteresting to me. And it's not about the visuals. There are many AVNs with much better visuals than Unbroken, yet that's quite literally a work of art.
I'm exactly the same. I didn't get anything out of The Author, and I don't think I actually finished it, but I really enjoy The Unbroken.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
I am going to fourth that. I can't believe The Author was created by the same dev as Unbroken.

Joseph Pierce

Jan 19, 2018
I surprised myself with this game. I've actively stated with other games that I hate mental and emotional manipulation. Yet, for some reason, with this game I found myself going from actively avoiding anything deep with Elspeth, to deleting that route and going all in with her, to the point where I have the MC say he loves her. This despite seeing her active manipulations and obvious attempts at hiding things from the MC. Like after the sex scene following the fight on the beach, she's shown actively hiding something for whatever reason. Despite that, I find myself drawn to her as the only potential LI at this point. I don't know if it's because I want things to work out for the best for that relationship, or if I'm watching it in morbid fascination, waiting for the spectacular crash and burn. I've never felt this way about a LI in a game before. Hat off to the dev.

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
I surprised myself with this game. I've actively stated with other games that I hate mental and emotional manipulation. Yet, for some reason, with this game I found myself going from actively avoiding anything deep with Elspeth, to deleting that route and going all in with her, to the point where I have the MC say he loves her. This despite seeing her active manipulations and obvious attempts at hiding things from the MC. Like after the sex scene following the fight on the beach, she's shown actively hiding something for whatever reason. Despite that, I find myself drawn to her as the only potential LI at this point. I don't know if it's because I want things to work out for the best for that relationship, or if I'm watching it in morbid fascination, waiting for the spectacular crash and burn. I've never felt this way about a LI in a game before. Hat off to the dev.
Elspeth is suspicious yet has the gravity pull of a blackhole. I don't know if she's behind the suspicion mechanic and i don't think i'd mind if it is, unless it's personal with Valentine. And i speculated a lot about it.

i just hope it won't be something unforgivable. Els is by far the best written LI i've seen in any AVN i've ever played.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

Sneak Peek 09/23/2024

44 minutes ago
So I was going to post something completely different today, but then I was informed that today is redhead appreciation day. I didn't know that was a thing but now that I do it seems like a little Viridiana was in order, so enjoy a glimpse of our Grasshopper vibing as they say. (I'm old, I don't know slang anymore.)

4.70 star(s) 121 Votes