VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Progress report from Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Check In 12/29/2021

The last update for the year 2021. I'm not crying you're crying! Since it's our special occasion I've decided to post a tiny little sneak render as an end of year treat.

Update Progress:

Script is at 100%. That's right! Proofer has returned a script to me, and it has been integrated and is ready to go.

Renders 1307 done of the 1350 posed. Little slower this week with the holiday, but also the scenes I've been working with have been slow going. They're quite hefty so each render is taking upwards of an hour to complete. I'm hoping the last scenes after this render a bit faster as there's still a good amount of posing to do, and I can't do both at the same time. Think I'll be spending the rest of the week exclusively posing to see if I can finish them all. That would give better idea of how much longer this will take. But best laid plans right?

Animations 11 of 12 complete, 12 of 12 posed. Probably won't finish this last one until I finish the rest of the stills.

Code at 7%. With the final script back I can get started on this puppy. Nothing super exciting here.

For those who don't know the 31st will be my birthday and I'll be turning officially old. As old people do I've been reflecting so before I sign off I do want to take a brief moment and get sappy with you.

A year ago this community was so much smaller. I was finishing up Chapter 6 of The Author, and wondering what my future in this industry was. Going on a year now I have to say this has just been a wonderful experience. The community that's come into my life has been nothing short of phenomenal. The fans and patrons who support me, the artists and developers who've helped me, my lovely Discord gang. It would take forever to list all of you and how grateful I am, time I know you'd rather I spend finishing this update. So I'll stop sobbing here and just say I'm so glad you joined me on this journey and I absolutely can't wait to see where the next year takes us.

So for the final time in 2021. Thank you as always for your support, and I hope you have a safe and wonderful New Year!

Sláinte!

PS. Missed the Blue belt update this week, so this Saturday I'll be giving you a double dose to make up.

gixxer750

Jan 17, 2021
Loved The Author and I'm digging this game as well. Question for you all, are there any hard stop points for the LI's yet? I like to get my saves organized and setup before I get to the point of no returns or the path splits get too messy to figure out late in the game. Just wondering if I should setup separate saves or if things haven't progressed to the point for the paths split. Still in chapter 1. Thanks!

femyo

Feb 2, 2019
I was just playing through the author for the umptheenth time. when it struck me, there was a girl in the stills we didn't know who was. What if its that bitch Marie. I seem to remember her being around London from the earlier parts to the story

seden

Aug 22, 2016
While there are others games of high interest, this one will need more content, with the current base there the MC fight. The manager require both support and taming, She doesn't want to stay alone. But has built defense, sig.
Vir, it's to be seen, but the girl is the prime one, as she starts know from the family.
As to anyone, loosing everyone who know us as heavy effects, even if the best relations are the one chosen, finding correct peoples isn't easy.
Others girls, their situation seem stable, even if, the catcher require support too.
The girls have mostly found or will find shared interest with one another.
Loved the tie to economic, social relations citizenship, which are getting increasingly important in today world.

Looking forward to the continued story, TBS and kudos to the developer.
In case, looking up for music might be a good idea, more immersion then…

Reactions: Mikedazz1

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Teasers from Patreon:

Sneak Peek 01/02/2022

Sneaking this puppy in a bit late, but as promised here's a double dose of sneaks. Some tame, one lewd, and most importantly a tiny detail that has not yet been revealed is in one of them... There's been a certain difficulty in what I can show in my latest sets of renders, because there's some things I'm keeping close to the vest still.

I think next week I'll give you a peek at one of the animations that we have waiting in the wings, give you a little something different.

Hope you all have a happy New Year and thank you as always for your support.

Sláinte!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Progress report from Patreon (but no teasers):

Check In 01/05/2022

Nothing exciting just your average weekly update

Update Progress:

Script is at 100%.

Renders 1400 done of the 1475 posed. No superlatives just working the scenes as they come along. Only have about two more scenes to pose, but finding the time to pose in between the long rendering scenes isn't easy. But we're chipping away at decent pace. Slower than I'd like but such is the price for higher quality art.

Animations 11 of 12 done. 12 of 12 posed

Code at 34%.

Nothing more to really discuss. Just going at the best pace I can. This update has taken longer than I'd like, but that's what happens when you make it as large as your previous two.

We're getting in the later stages though so there is light at the end of the tunnel. I appreciate your guys patience and I can't wait to get this out to you.

Thanks as always for the support and I hope you have a lovely week.

Sláinte!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
New teasers from Patreon:

Sneak Peek 01/09/2022

Well I was going to post an animation today, and then I discovered an oopsie in it. So that will be next weekend after I fix my error. This week I decided to give you a little mystery instead.

The above images are tied into something else I've posted, figuring it out will lead you too a new mystery. Namely who this individual is and how she's tied to our MC? I look forward to your theories.

Thank you as always for support and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week.

Sláinte!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The weekly Patreon report:

Down and Dirty info.

Update Progress:

Script is at 100%.

Renders 1589 done of the 1751 posed. Spent a lot of time mostly posing in an attempt to finish all of them since I can work on other things while the PC renders. On the last scene to pose and then it's only renders from here on out. However I have no idea just how many renders this last scene will need. I'm ballparking 200, but it may very well double that. The reason is the high rate of variables that this big poppa scene has. If my math is correct than it has 54 potential branches. Now of course some of those branches can use the same renders, otherwise this would be the most nightmarish scene in VN history. I'm just not sure exactly how many can be recycled until I'm in the trenches.

Code at 51%.

The goal is to finish the last of my posing this weekend, then just be rendering constantly while I finish up code and anything else that needs to be done. It's been a long road and I sure as hell am feeling it. I'm as eager to get this in your hands as you are to have it. Again I really thank you for your patience. I know what it's like to be chomping at the bit for something. I firmly believe the extra quality is worth the time, but that doesn't make the waiting easier. I'll see where I'm at this time next week, but I think if things progress as they have been I should have a date for you next weeks update.

Thank you for your support. Thank you for your time. And I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
And here's the report from the weekend:

Sneak Peek 01/16/2021

Sorry for the delay on this one, had a bit of a weekend.

As promised here's a little sneak peak of one of the animations coming from this update. This is only the second draft of this particular one, I actually have a third draft I'm finishing up that's longer and with a smoother pan that I'm a little more happy with, but I don't want you guys to have to wait until that puppy finishes rendering. So consider this a sneak peak with surprises still on the way.

This update I wanted to experiment with some new things for myself, we'll see if they stay, but I'm having fun with them and I always want a little something extra to add to player enjoyment.

Back to the grind for me. As always thank you for the support and I hope your upcoming week is absolutely lovely.

Sláinte!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Today's Patreon progress report:

Check In 01/19/2021

I feel a bit rough today. Lets just get it done.

I'm fairly confident on release time, assuming everything hits how it has the past week.

Assuming projections are correct I'm pretty confident that I'll be getting this out to you in the first week of Feb. Aka Feb 1 - Feb 7. The exact day is still up in the air based purely on how Beta and my final renders go. So there's that taken care of. If I somehow have a perfect beta and I'm ready to release Jan 28 I'll let it out that day. But I think it wiser to prepare for the later date and end up with a happy surprise if it comes earlier.

Update Progress:

Script is at 100%.

Renders 1679 done of the 2014 posed. I have at most about 30 left pose, and then it's just down to how quickly these things can render. I have a backlog of about 400ish that need to cook. On average I can get about 40-50 of them done a day so that gives you an idea of where we're out time wise.

Code at 65%.

I think that's all the relevant info for this week. Back into the mines for me.

Thank you for your support. Thank you for your time. And I hope you have a lovely rest of your week.

Sláinte!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
A couple of Patreon teasers:

Sneak Peek 01/23/2022

A long awaited meeting. Some ass. What more could you possibly want? It's been hard to get you some peeks without revealing the big secret of this update. I'm glad that it's almost time to show it off. I really can't express how interested I am in seeing what teams you all end up on after this update. I predict an upset...

As always thank you for the support and I hope you have lovely week.

Sláinte!

Monetka_

Feb 2, 2021
A couple of Patreon teasers:

Sneak Peek 01/23/2022

A long awaited meeting. Some ass. What more could you possibly want? It's been hard to get you some peeks without revealing the big secret of this update. I'm glad that it's almost time to show it off. I really can't express how interested I am in seeing what teams you all end up on after this update. I predict an upset...

As always thank you for the support and I hope you have lovely week.

Sláinte!
Elspeth's team is forever, but I won't hide that Kana is also very sympathetic to me.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
The latest teasers from Patreon:

Sneak Peek 01/29/2022

Those who know me are aware that I try to give a good balance between lewd and wholesome. This update tends to lean a bit more wholesome. But for those who've followed a certain path you have a little glimpse of what might potentially await you. Sometimes it pays off to be a dirty boy.

For the more romantically inclined you'll see that some of our lovely young ladies will be making their plays, stating their interest. How can you be a good nice boy when so many lovely young women are vying for your attention?

That wraps up this lovely season of sneak peeks. It's been hard sharing what I can this update cycle because there's a big secret I've really been working not reveal. Hopefully it will hit just right.

Thank you so as always for your support and I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Sláinte!

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes