VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
A couple of teasers from the developer at Patreon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sneak Peek 05/01/2022

And now we enter May, I hope you're doing well!

Just a little sneak this week, starring lovely young Vi.

Story wise I really love this scene, you'll see a little more about Vi's feelings towards our main character. Despite his many efforts nobody knows Valentine quite like Vi does. Also those who our romancing the little gingersnap might have a extra something waiting for you here.

Now from the technical side, I hate this scene. Every single render in this scene has taken at least an hour and forty five minutes to finish. And... there's a lot of them. So I'll probably be working on this scene for some time.

Why in God's name did I have to write a scene next to a bloody lake?

That's all this week, thanks as always for the support and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week.

Sláinte!
Thanks Walter V. for keeping us apprised of the progress of the various games you follow. Really appreciated!

Fred689

Jan 11, 2022

Sneak Peek 05/01/2022

Story wise I really love this scene, you'll see a little more about Vi's feelings towards our main character. Despite his many efforts nobody knows Valentine quite like Vi does. Also those who our romancing the little gingersnap might have a extra something waiting for you here.

Now from the technical side, I hate this scene. Every single render in this scene has taken at least an hour and forty five minutes to finish. And... there's a lot of them. So I'll probably be working on this scene for some time.

That's all this week, thanks as always for the support and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week.

Sláinte!
Goddamn.. that water and her face are almost looking real, awesome job..

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020

Sneak Peek 05/01/2022

Sláinte!
I really like Vi! So far, she is my favorite one. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Latest progress report from the developer at Patreon:

Check in 05/04/2022

This week we have absolutely the most important character in all of Unbroken...the cat. Nothing else to see here folks.

Welcome to a new month, have some housekeeping to keep track of before we get into the update. For those who frequent my Discord you know that I'll be taking a trip to Europe, from the 28th of May until June the 13th. I'll have some posts pre loaded, and I'll have my laptop so I'll check in when I have a moment. Obviously though I can't cart a rendering PC across the Atlantic which limits my work capabilities. Was hoping to have the update finished before I left, but it's just not gonna happen. If I'm lucky I should be able to finish most or all of the renders at least, whatever ones I finish I'll bring along with me to code while I'm away. That's about all I have to say on that, just wanna make sure everybody is in the loop.

Writing is basically done, I have two scenes I'm still tinkering with, but once I'm happy with those we're done on this end.

About 1,329 renders posed, 1115 of them completely rendered and postworked. I expect this number won't go as high up next week. I'm working on a particularly tasking scene, nearly 90 renders and as I told the folks on the higher tiers this Saturday each render is taking almost 2 hours a pop, sure you can see where the slowdown is coming from.

Animations are at about 13 of 35. Trying to fit a few in when I can but my focus is currently on renders because of the trip.

One more quick moment. Jun 5th will be our one year anniversary since Unbroken started, just wanted to thank you all for an amazing year, and hopefully another fruitful one coming up! Thank you all as always for the support and I hope you have a lovely May.

Sláinte!

Finally, some pussy! :D

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021

Check in 05/04/2022

This week we have absolutely the most important character in all of Unbroken...the cat. Nothing else to see here folks.

Welcome to a new month, have some housekeeping to keep track of before we get into the update. For those who frequent my Discord you know that I'll be taking a trip to Europe, from the 28th of May until June the 13th. I'll have some posts pre loaded, and I'll have my laptop so I'll check in when I have a moment. Obviously though I can't cart a rendering PC across the Atlantic which limits my work capabilities. Was hoping to have the update finished before I left, but it's just not gonna happen. If I'm lucky I should be able to finish most or all of the renders at least, whatever ones I finish I'll bring along with me to code while I'm away. That's about all I have to say on that, just wanna make sure everybody is in the loop.

Writing is basically done, I have two scenes I'm still tinkering with, but once I'm happy with those we're done on this end.

About 1,329 renders posed, 1115 of them completely rendered and postworked. I expect this number won't go as high up next week. I'm working on a particularly tasking scene, nearly 90 renders and as I told the folks on the higher tiers this Saturday each render is taking almost 2 hours a pop, sure you can see where the slowdown is coming from.

Animations are at about 13 of 35. Trying to fit a few in when I can but my focus is currently on renders because of the trip.

One more quick moment. Jun 5th will be our one year anniversary since Unbroken started, just wanted to thank you all for an amazing year, and hopefully another fruitful one coming up! Thank you all as always for the support and I hope you have a lovely May.

Sláinte!

Always love a pussy with some fur on it. Vi needs to have a small, well groomed, red patch. Just sayin'.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Check in 05/04/2022

Sláinte!

It looks like we added 212 completed renders and 11 animations this week. That nudges the overall render average up to ~101/week since Part 3 launched, while the animation rate has shot up to 1.4/week. Still no word on the word count, so it's presumably hovering around 33k. Here are the charts:
The surge in animations makes the target of 35 look much closer... if we can maintain that pace. Obviously we won't in the short term (between the vacation and the focus on static renders), but we should still have a higher overall rate that last week. For static renders we're on pace to match Part 3's render count in something like 4 weeks, but we still have no indication what our target will be. If we assume the render count will be roughly proportional to the estimated word count (which seems plausible based on Parts 2&3), we'd be looking at a target of ~1550 renders - around 2 weeks of work at the current pace. Factoring in the upcoming vacation, all of this suggests we could be looking at a release in the mid June range, but that's still very much a guess.

For now we get ominous shots of the diabolical cat menacing poor Serena. Scary stuff! Admittedly this is coming from someone allergic to cats, so I may be ever so slightly biased. ;)

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017

Check in 05/04/2022

Sláinte!

Wow, that realistic fur look great.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Both felines, but big differences between a domestic house cat and a lynx. Closest "cat" to a lynx is probably the bobcat, which itself is pretty far from a house cat.
Or an ocelot. I think they are the basis for what I believe are called "Bengal Cats", which are a cross between a smaller "big cat" and a domestic. Pretty damn cool. For cats. And pretty much hypoallergenic.

Maybe MC can have a Cheryl/Archer moment and get his own ocelot - rich sports guys sometimes do that just for kicks.

supernap

May 26, 2017
just stumbled upon a phrase that do9es not really work in that context
Unbroken Ghost.png

From my own understanding, it is mostly (if ever, also hear/read this phrase used in english the first time here, never fail to learn anything new i guess) used for machinery or electronic devices failing, but not for articles of clothing losing coherency.
Something like ´going to the fritz'', or even better 'going to the shitters', considering the projected age and personility here, would be a more fitting phrase.

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
just stumbled upon a phrase that do9es not really work in that context
View attachment 1799809

From my own understanding, it is mostly (if ever, also hear/read this phrase used in english the first time here, never fail to learn anything new i guess) used for machinery or electronic devices failing, but not for articles of clothing losing coherency.
Something like ´going to the fritz'', or even better 'going to the shitters', considering the projected age and personility here, would be a more fitting phrase.
Nope, that is a completely accurate use of ghost. Not the most common of phrases in my area of the world/social group but it is appropriate in this context. Anything can give up the ghost, doesn't have to be machinery or electronic in nature.

supernap

May 26, 2017
if you say so *shrugs* not my native language to be fair, though that phrase is basically identical to the german one. Though if i had to translate it i would have gone more in the way of 'give up it's spirit', then ghost, it's makes kind of more sense, imo

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
if you say so *shrugs* not my native language to be fair, though that phrase is basically identical to the german one. Though if i had to translate it i would have gone more in the way of 'give up it's spirit', then ghost, it's makes kind of more sense, imo
"Give up the ghost", as an English phrase, meaning that "something dies" dates to the 1800's. As I said it isn't common in my area but then I live in an area where saying "Hella" as emphasis was common in the 80's and 90's. To say that something "gave up the spirit" would be inaccurate because that phrase is more commonly used in a religious (Christian) context.

No doubt English is a weird language, another thing I learned recently was that Endue and Endow mean essentially the same thing. So not only do they have 3 of 5 of the same letters but they also have the same definition (at this point). Endue has an obsolete definition that is drastically different but these days Endue means: To invest (someone) (with) a given quality, property etc.; to endow.

Anyway, getting way off track with this one. LOL

STWAdev Love your work and look forward to the next update.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Now for something completely different:

A Very Special Poll

Hey all hope you're doing okay. Happy Mothers Day if you're in the States.

So today we have what may be the most important poll we've ever done for the game... I need you to pick... a kitty cat.

Now silly jokes aside I knew I wanted to a better cat design than just generic daz cat, whilst running through my options I ended up with two choices that I just couldn't decide on. So I thought I would leave it to you, the people, to choose what may be a defining moment in Unbroken. And obviously this is way more fun than picking something silly like what skimpy lingerie we can slide someone into...

Jokes aside I just thought it might fun to do something slightly different this week, I appreciate you all indulging my madness.

Thank you as always for the support and I hope you have a lovely upcoming week.

Sláinte!

A 11%

B 89%

45 votes total 5 days left

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
It's very common in US English to use it that way, and I've heard it used by people with differing regional "dialects".

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
"Give up the ghost", as an English phrase, meaning that "something dies" dates to the 1800's. As I said it isn't common in my area but then I live in an area where saying "Hella" as emphasis was common in the 80's and 90's. To say that something "gave up the spirit" would be inaccurate because that phrase is more commonly used in a religious (Christian) context.

No doubt English is a weird language, another thing I learned recently was that Endue and Endow mean essentially the same thing. So not only do they have 3 of 5 of the same letters but they also have the same definition (at this point). Endue has an obsolete definition that is drastically different but these days Endue means: To invest (someone) (with) a given quality, property etc.; to endow.

Anyway, getting way off track with this one. LOL

STWAdev Love your work and look forward to the next update.
"Endue" is not a term I've seen used. I've seen "Imbue" which has a similar (though not exactly the same) meaning. Is the usage you've seen UK? May just be something that didn't make the hop across the pond.

Reactions: Ilhares

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
"Endue" is not a term I've seen used. I've seen "Imbue" which has a similar (though not exactly the same) meaning. Is the usage you've seen UK? May just be something that didn't make the hop across the pond.
It was a word of the day I received, never seen it in use in either US or UK writing. Just find it odd how we have so many sound alike words, words with similar spellings, or synonyms in English.

4.70 star(s) 115 Votes