VN Ren'Py STWA: Unbroken [Pt. 7] [STWAdev]

4.70 star(s) 114 Votes

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
Dude! Valentine gave them an escape route, with his mouth he told them he didn't want to fight them and with the rest of his body that they didn't scare him in the slightest. In this situation they could easily say he was a coward and run away while saving face. Elspeth screws everything up, after her arrival they can only fight or be thought of as cowards

And potentially Valentine as a professional fighter could get into trouble
He certainly tried to de-escalate the situation. Tried to difuse it. What happens? DoucheBro calls it a bluf. Then Elspeth starts running her mouth. I call it intimidation, you call it provocation. And normally I'd be fuming if a woman provokes a fight which she won't be participating, Elspeth actually participates it. So I don't see any reason to hate it. Besides, Valentine neutralize the first DoucheBro without anyone being hurt. Elspeth takes a punch, then makes sure DoucheBro-2 regrets that punch. So in reality the only real fight there was between Els and DoucheBro-2.

I don't think Els coming into scene made it worse. Think about it a second: Valentine comes in between the girls and douchebros. Tells the girls to go away. The girls will of course take his words into heart and bugger off. Both douchebros will try to go after them. Now Valentine can't just neutralize both of them with locks. So he has to swing at least a punch that's powerful enough to make him pass out. And we found out how powerful his punch is, in Ep.7. Can you adjust your punching power so perfectly that you can decide if your opponent will pass out of pass on? I certainly can't. Then go on to neutralize the second one. Elspeth being by his side actually takes away the necessity of punching. He just locks the DoucheBro-1 and lets Els handle the DoucheBro-2.

So Els actually saved Valentine some legal bullshit by just being there.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
Maybe that's why I am so fond of Elspeth. She reminds me of my sane and more collected self.
You guys really make Elspeth way way worse than she is. I can't believe we are speaking of the same Elspeth.
Maybe this is precisely the reason, you see a connection with his character and for me anyone who tries to meddle in my affairs or tries to make me advance at a time that isn't mine rubs me up the wrong way

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
Maybe this is precisely the reason, you see a connection with his character and for me anyone who tries to meddle in my affairs or tries to make me advance at a time that isn't mine rubs me up the wrong way
Plausible. I've went through some of the things Elspeth went through in life. And I see where she comes from.
Besides, most intelligent people will try to control people in their lives, because ordinary people can and do certainly very bad choices.
I mean I had relations with women of all education levels. And sooner or later I was trying to make choices for all of them, because they were picking the worst possible choice out of 100 others, even when I explain those choices in painful detail. So, fuck ordinary people!
And she doesn't do that to Valentine, because, contrary to his claim, he isn't a dumb dumb, and Els knows that. She just pushes him to seek mental health. Which is, overbearing for sure, but admirable, not something bad! You try to better people you love, not let them hang themselves.

And... Some our choices in life don't just effect us, but also effect those in our lives. And I'd advocate that the suicide of a loved/cared one is certainly effects those who care/love them.

Let me give you an example about Els and Val:

Els ruined the chances of Val sleeping with the American girl in the night club in Mallorca. That was meddling.
But she never tries to sabotage Val's chances with any LIs in the game. She even encourages Vi to open up to him. She also makes a gesture of sexual nature when Kana comes to see Valentine in the Centre.

Why do you think that? Because Els knows that the girl in the night club caries an unnecessary risk, while LIs don't carry risks, other than to her relation with Val. She acknowledges, dare I say, encourages Val to sleep with other women. She even talks about Val and Vi having sex in the next room, in Mallorca. Yet she doesn't say anything negative, because she and Val hasn't talked anything about going monogamous yet.

I mean, how is this meddling?

Last edited:

maroek

Jan 18, 2018
Cynically speaking she cannot antagonize Grasshopper, on Valentine's affective scale even as "little sister" Vi is higher in the hierarchy XD
She isn't antagonizing Gingersnap. She literally encourages her to go for Valentine, multiple times.

For me the trick used during dinner with the father is to make the blood boil
I think she did that not for Valentine, but her father. You know, to see her father blurts out something Valentine isn't ready to hear. Or say something embarrassing.
But it isn't the nicest thing to do. I'll give you that.

Dec 29, 2018
You think Elspeth is the reason of that fight, just because she tried to intimidate a tiny boy on coke?
Yes. She directly insulted him by calling him soft and boasted about how she could beat him up after she already knew that he didn't find her threatening. There's absolutely no way that doesn't trigger a fight.

You expect Els to put her tail between her legs, run away, and leave Valentine there?
No, I expect her to diffuse the situation. I have been very clear about that.

The game has been insisting that Elspeth is a genius. She should be able to figure out how to help Valentine here, and yet she fails completely. It doesn't take a genius to figure this one out, so she's either not a genius at all, or she started the fight on purpose. The most likely of the two is the latter, since we see her all but flat out tell the therapist that she started the fight on purpose.

Elspeth: In Mallorca. There were some mouthy little twats on the beach. They needed to be taught a lesson.

Shrink: And you thought it was your place to teach this lesson?

Elspeth: I made it my place. They swung first. I wanted them to swing.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
She directly insulted him by calling him soft and boasted about how she could beat him up after she already knew that he didn't find her threatening. There's absolutely no way that doesn't trigger a fight.
that fight i'd want to see, both are bit (more or less) hardheaded so either won't giving up.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

Sneak Peek 07/15/2024

Getting back into the flow of things here, and while we don't have any scenes yet, you can take a little look behind the scenes.
While the lighting isn't finalised I'm really rather happy with how the general design of the new gym has turned out. Fun fact the design is very heavily inspired by my first MMA gym (minus the toilet), a tiny little hole in the wall, but one I miss.
And the rather stern looking woman above will be making her debut this update. I can't reveal who she is just yet, but I can assure you she's much nicer than her rather grumpy appearance would lead you to believe.

Anyway that's all the look behind the curtain I can give today, hope you have a lovely week!

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
small wc, all besides amrit will sit on that their knees near shoulders and cage looks small too.

4.70 star(s) 114 Votes