Subverse - promising h-game on kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakar

Oct 18, 2016
I'm not going to be suprised if they can't make the game fast enough and be forced to return the money they gained from Kickstarter back.
I remember going after this information in 2019 and by Kickstarter rules they have the money and that's it, no changing that.
Once the evaluation process (happens under 3 months after kickstarter campaign ends) Kickstarter transfers all the money to the creator, the only thing that Kickstarter could help with, in the case they didn't deliver, is providing info on the campaign creator for your legal team to help in court and still I think Kickstarter wouldn't do that and here is why:
- They promised a Steam key to the game (not the actual playable game, just the key): Delivered
- They promised a few digital goods (callendar, manga): Delivered
- They promised the beta: Delivered
therefore "they keept the campaign promise" and IMO kickstarter wouldn't put their finger on it.
So yeah, if they decide to fuck the backers there would be no easy way to win against them.
I really hope they don't fuck people over but I guess we will have to wait and see...

Reactions: otto500206

otto500206

Oct 13, 2020
I remember going after this information in 2019 and by Kickstarter rules they have the money and that's it, no changing that.
Once the evaluation process (happens under 3 months after kickstarter campaign ends) Kickstarter transfers all the money to the creator, the only thing that Kickstarter could help with, in the case they didn't deliver, is providing info on the campaign creator for your legal team to help in court and still I think Kickstarter wouldn't do that and here is why:
- They promised a Steam key to the game (not the actual playable game, just the key): Delivered
- They promised a few digital goods (callendar, manga): Delivered
- They promised the beta: Delivered
therefore "they keept the campaign promise" and IMO kickstarter wouldn't put their finger on it.
So yeah, if they decide to fuck the backers there would be no easy way to win against them.
I really hope they don't fuck people over but I guess we will have to wait and see...
But one of the promises is a DLC(Not just a key of it, iirc.), did they delivered it? Or the pet thing? Or a special love scene in the game for the highest tier backers?(But game is not released yet!)

Last edited:

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
hopefully they'll have a kickstarter update on sunday. i'm praying for waifu trailers or an updated game trailer

drakar

Oct 18, 2016
But one of the promises is a DLC(Not just a key of it, iirc.), did they delivered it? Or the pet thing? Or a special love scene in the game for the highest tier backers?(But game is not released yet!)
Yeah, some of those could weight against them, but, and this is me expeculating here, since people not getting those are only a fraction (4127) compared to the rest (53926) and the main promisse being the key is delivered they would be fine...

Anyway, it's like Razrback16 said:
hopefully they'll have a kickstarter update on sunday
And with that a release date... hopefully...

gyrobot

Dec 20, 2017
The question is if the game will share the same fate as most WEGs out there and not stuck in an Early Access Limbo

A Tired Man

Sep 3, 2020
Im trying to read all the sex scenes featured in this picture. I got all of them except the third one before POV Handjob, any idea what it is?

Lol call me crazy but I got curious about what it is

498ec02d2a29b75441ed96a318c4d69a_original.png

Cormac

May 18, 2017
So, in March we will gonna have the Snydercut Batman vs Superman, Godzilla vs Kong and Subverse.

Alright, I'll take it!

Reactions: Cryswar

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
It better have an option to just shut off all cuck-y content.

Even if that leaves like, 4 scenes lol.

I'm somewhat impressed there even is a release, of any kind. Well it's been like, what, 2 years? So very, very, VERY late for just the first episode, but I suppose it depends on how much content there is in it.

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
I'm happy they adopted so many good practices:

- Simple/straightforward gameplay: No useless errand boy quests, solving boring mysteries, etc
- Optional fetishes: If you like bestiality, go for it. If you don't, just have fun with vanilla options
- Release date: No stupid 'forever in development' policy

But I'm afraid they can fuck this up big time... Some important things we still have no information about:

- Number of sex scenes
- Free camera/POV (they chose not to use pre-renderes animations, but that doesn't mean they will implement these features)
- Gameplay not sexy enough: 3D free roam, undoubtedly, provides more immersion. Whereas the shmup/turn-based approach needs to be very well integrated with the adult content to provide the same feeling.

It better have an option to just shut off all cuck-y content.

Even if that leaves like, 4 scenes lol.

I'm somewhat impressed there even is a release, of any kind. Well it's been like, what, 2 years? So very, very, VERY late for just the first episode, but I suppose it depends on how much content there is in it.
There are very few patreon games that achieved a playable state with 2 years of development. So, I don't think it's late.

aderpofni

Sep 12, 2018
I'm interested to see finally see what this game will be, but I'm not holding my breath.

StudioFOW has always had terrible direction, and this looks like more of the same in game form. Their videos feel like they were designed by, and for, neckbeard weeb incels. All the bad camera angles, excessive hentai moaning, and "edgy" content can't hide the total lack of directorial talent. They had decent technical talent making full-length scenes when everyone else was stuck on 5 second loops, but mistook being popular for being good.

Judging by the Subverse hentai releases so far they haven't made the distinction yet either, and a lot of people are going to be disappointed with what they get.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
so is this gonna be a cuck game? what a waste bro
it would seem that there is going to be content in the game that is of a cuck nature, yes - sounds like we can skip the actual scenes so that we don't have to watch it, but there will still be conversations / events in the game that will reference the girls getting fucked by "others" (likely monsters), or situations like what's referenced on the steam store page where the captain is walking by the lab and hears lily getting fucked by monsters, etc. so cuck content will absolutely be "canon" in the game.

i don't pay for that kind of content, so i'm out, just un-wishlisted it on steam. i had been very interested in buying this game, but with what is basically unavoidable cuck content, no...i'm not into that.

Last edited:

joethebeast

Sep 17, 2017
There is a clear intention from some users to belittle the game. But there is still nothing to complain about. Not because the game is perfect, no, but because we know almost nothing about it.

I don't care what the developers PROMISED. When the game release I'll be able to see what they DELIVERED. And I will judge if it is worth of my money or not. If it's not, just respect other people that considered it worthy.

For those who backed it in kickstarter, you need to understand you are not BUYING something. You are FUNDING it. So you have to understand the risks of doing that. One of them is a possible change of plans: content, release date, features, etc (or even the entire project dismantlement).

I don't know why all the hate. Maybe that's because of some people being mad about that youtuber controversy, so they need to make up bad arguments to harm the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.