Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
As the saying go "First Impression, is the Long Lasting Impression"
That is a retarded view to have on early access (0.1 releases), that would mean majority of all the games that enter this site at a 0.1 is a dumpsterfire.

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
"around 5 years or so". Although I didn't look all that hard, I didn't find any source stating development started five years ago. So maybe you can help on provide that?
This game use to had it's own Pateron page for around 2 years or so, before Pateron taken it down, during one of their ToS changes they made, and Studio FOW didn't want to bother of trying to go up against Patreon and decided to go to KickStarter instead, it was then they game somehow gotten notice there, then when it was use to be on Pateron. But yes this game been around for 5 years or so.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
As the saying go "First Impression, is the Long Lasting Impression"
Ya, the first impression basically sets a baseline impression that the developer then has to work to improve. They have to identify what people mostly didn't like about the game and focus on those things.

From their Kickstarter update, I think they 'somewhat' get the idea of what people want fixed, but I think they're too deep into Pandora being built the way it is that they won't really change what people want. I get the impression they are hoping the devotion quests will satisfy the folks who are unhappy with the xxx content and I'm skeptical on whether it will or not.

Ultimately I'll be willing to check out future updates with a good faith effort and evaluate accordingly on whether they addressed the things that I personally found distasteful or not.

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
That is a retarded view to have on early access (0.1 releases), that would mean majority of all the games that enter this site at a 0.1 is a dumpsterfire.
Not a "retarded view", it is how you or a product make its self and you and others looks like on the first impression, that fist impression, dictates weather or not, it makes a long lasting impression though, like how you greet people in real life, they will uses that first greeting to know what they'll thinks of you, that is just the Facts of Life!

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This game use to had it's own Pateron page for around 2 years or so, before Pateron taken it down, during one of their ToS changes they made, and Studio FOW didn't want to bother of trying to go up against Patreon and decided to go to KickStarter instead, it was then they game somehow gotten notice there, then when it was use to be on Pateron. But yes this game been around for 5 years or so.
I'm quite sure you can dig up an actual quote or an reference then. Other than "you say so"... If you can't then the timeline start with the kickstarter...

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Not a "retarded view", it is how you or a product make its self and you and others looks like on the first impression, that fist impression, dictates weather or not, it makes a long lasting impression though, like how you greet people in real life, they will uses that first greeting to know what they'll thinks of you, that is just the Facts of Life!
That is silly comparison. Here have a finger.. he will soon be a full human... See this sticker? It will be the label of a tasty cheese coming soon. I come across people I thought was smug bastards, clowns etc but once I learned to know them better that wasn't (always) the case.

Sure you get a first impression of a early access, 0.1 release, a demo whatever. But you can't use it to judge what the final outcome will be when you have no idea how it will turn out. You can be unhappy, disappointed etc and even more so if you been ridding high on a hype, but that is a self inflicted wound.

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
I'm quite sure you can dig up an actual quote or an reference then. Other than "you say so"... If you can't then the timeline start with the kickstarter...
Dude.... This game did opened up on Pateron, cuz I was fucking there where it happened dude! It hardly gotten any attraction at all when it was on Pateron, then when they put the game on KickStarter, it was then the game gotten attraction then dude! And for your information, I use to be a lurker on the internet for a very very very long time, before I desided to become talktive on it, years afterwards, so I knows what in the Hell was going on with shit on the internet, way before I became vocal of about things, that started affected the things that I consumed as a consumer, and seeing the stuff that I loved being destroyed because of some PC shit....

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
That is silly comparison. Here have a finger.. he will soon be a full human... See this sticker? It will be the label of a tasty cheese coming soon. I come across people I thought was smug bastards, clowns etc but once I learned to know them better that wasn't (always) the case.

Sure you get a first impression of a early access, 0.1 release, a demo whatever. But you can't use it to judge what the final outcome will be when you have no idea how it will turn out. You can be unhappy, disappointed etc and even more so if you been ridding high on a hype, but that is a self inflicted wound.

That same shit you just said, CAN BE SAID TO ALL OF THOSE GOD AWFUL TRIPLE A GAMES AND THEIR DEVS AS WELL, That should never ever be a use to use as a fucking lame ass excuse at all, none what so ever! No one should never ever uses that lame ass excuse at all, none! It just gives other a fucking Free Pass IF they do and doesn't forces them to become better over time, and also Studio FOW are the people in it, before they named themselves Stuido FOW, has been around for 20 fucking years, yes they have been around that fucking long!

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Well now I know for sure he's full of shit, cuz no one had any idea Subverse was coming til the day the Kickstarter campaign dropped. All we had was this teaser on their website for a few months beforehand. And it was after they'd been banned from Patreon. demiwp.PNG

Also....20 years? bruh the SFM animation scene didn't even really blow up til after ME3...which was 9 years ago xD

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
That same shit you just said, CAN BE SAID TO ALL OF THOSE GOD AWFUL TRIPLE A GAMES AND THEIR DEVS AS WELL, That should never ever be a use to use as a fucking lame ass excuse at all, none what so ever! No one should never ever uses that lame ass excuse at all, none! It just gives other a fucking Free Pass IF they do and doesn't forces them to become better over time, and also Studio FOW are the people in it, before they named themselves Stuido FOW, has been around for 20 fucking years, yes they have been around that fucking long!
The difference between Subverse and Triple A games is that Subverse went early access, which Triple A games never do (they don't even do real betas). They just serve you a trainwreck full of shit with no real chance to test before you buy. Also these days almost all so called Triple A games is just glorified roulette machines with loot boxes and walls of monetizing even you paid 60 bucks up front admission fee. So yeah, all of them can basically catch fire and die horrible..

You can been around since Jesus for all I care, this is their first "real game" of which they have no fucking experience in create. No indy devs, or studios out there create a smash hit on their first attempt.

Reactions: Bubba McSmith

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Well now I know for sure he's full of shit, cuz no one had any idea Subverse was coming til the day the Kickstarter campaign dropped. All we had was this teaser on their website for a few months beforehand. And it was after they'd been banned from Patreon. View attachment 1133567

Also....20 years? bruh the SFM animation scene didn't even really blow up til after ME3...which was 9 years ago xD
Pfff, they had a chapter even back in the stone age, carving images of sex on cave walls... :ROFLMAO:

DLSmaster

Aug 25, 2017
The difference between Subverse and Triple A games is that Subverse went early access, which Triple A games never do (they don't even do real betas). They just serve you a trainwreck full of shit with no real chance to test before you buy. Also these days almost all so called Triple A games is just glorified roulette machines with loot boxes and walls of monetizing even you paid 60 bucks up front admission fee. So yeah, all of them can basically catch fire and die horrible..

You can been around since Jesus for all I care, this is their first "real game" of which they have no fucking experience in create. No indy devs, or studios out there create a smash hit on their first attempt.

Dude have you ever read their statement of the so called patches/update of the game? How it reads/reks just like an Copy/Paste of the same said thing that Triple A Game's devs said..... Sorry nut not sorry, they alreay are a laughing stock in may places, they are a fucking joke.....

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Dude have you ever read their statement of the so called patches/update of the game? How it reads/reks just like an Copy/Paste of the same said thing that Triple A Game's devs said..... Sorry nut not sorry, they alreay are a laughing stock in may places, they are a fucking joke.....
No... Triple A's would say "Update coming this date".... then somewhat later post something new saying it will be delayed. And then later saying it will be postponed for later, and whatever crap.

When someone say they despise a roadmap they actually taken lessons from failures such as above. Promise an update at a set time and fail to deliver is worse than say it will be released when done. What said is that next up is Elaisha's block and expansion of the pandora system. If people are expecting more than what they said that would be on them though.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You must be one of the mods that deletes all the negative comments on the game's steam page.
actually, I got quite a few posts deleted on steam and a few warnings. I'm not mod material. My last warning and post deletion was because I called someone a retard, and did it quite polite too! The mod that sent me the warning said he did agree, just I couldn't use the word retard :ROFLMAO:

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
actually, I got quite a few posts deleted on steam and a few warnings. I'm not mod material. My last warning and post deletion was because I called someone a retard, and did it quite polite too! The mod that sent me the warning said he did agree, just I couldn't use the word retard :ROFLMAO:
That says a lot about the mod. I was banned after giving an idea on how to implement controller support into the game. Post got also deleted. You call people names and get only a warning with message that mod agrees with you. I think that's the difference between how "fanboy" gets treated and how "hater" get's treated.

Reactions: Razrback16

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
That says a lot about the mod. I was banned after giving an idea on how to implement controller support into the game. Post got also deleted. You call people names and get only a warning with message that mod agrees with you. I think that's the difference between how "fanboy" gets treated and how "hater" get's treated.
Uh, it wasn't even for Subverse, it was for another game. where some dude was raging at the devs of the game over his "mods" stopped working when they updated the game. Nothing about being a fanboy or whatever, it's about calling out stupid people for what they are.

Kernist

Dec 1, 2017
Uh, it wasn't even for Subverse, it was for another game. where some dude was raging at the devs of the game over his "mods" stopped working when they updated the game. Nothing about being a fanboy or whatever, it's about calling out stupid people for what they are.
Oh, ok, my bad then, but anyway mod shouldn't be encouraging behavior like this. It's like "yeah, you are right, but I must punish you even if I agree". Unprofessional. Mod should always stay neutral.

2.90 star(s) 250 Votes