firwirrung

Sep 9, 2019
I'm on version 1.3 and OP only has links to the 4.0 version. Any suggestions for finding update patches so I don't have to download the whole fuckin 28 gig game again?

I spent like an hour trying to search through this thread and couldn't find anything useful / alive still, and even downloading the full game via mega is cancer now with their data limits.

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
I'm on version 1.3 and OP only has links to the 4.0 version. Any suggestions for finding update patches so I don't have to download the whole fuckin 28 gig game again?

I spent like an hour trying to search through this thread and couldn't find anything useful / alive still, and even downloading the full game via mega is cancer now with their data limits.
If you're running a VPN, download the Mega desktop client, and with a free account when you hit the limit, just reconnect your VPN to a new location and Mega will resume the download.

Reactions: Thrway8113

ShadowFireBFG

Sep 10, 2020

id just say to use the torrent attached to op, it was working just fine two days ago, just 3 hours for 28 gigs and my internet isnt that great, cant get any higher than 28mbps where i live

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
I've seen a video of the gameplay but there was two futa on female scenes and the male mc was not in them there really is no female mc option?

mycseHa

Aug 6, 2018
just an FYI, Fling's game trainer for this game still works with v 0.4 and 0.4.1 if anyone wants cheats.

Last edited:

ArghDoe

May 5, 2017
I finished all the missions and don't have enough pooter points (PP) for some scenes. Do I need to wait for the next update to get more? Am I missing something?

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
Does this game have a mod or cheat to just skip all the stupid space battle garbage I have no interest in and see the rest of the "content"?

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
View attachment 1816747

This game is gonna be in EA for at least 5 fucking years, mark my words. That is what you get when you crowdfund devs 2 million dollars and give them all the money before the game is even made.
They did say minimum, not maximum. If you were expecting this to be done in a year or so, you're vastly underestimating just how complex games are to make. Subverse is intended to be a 30 hour plus game to finish, that doesn't get knocked out in a year like a copy-paste sports game by EA.

Also...the funding was to...make the game? Not sure what your latter statement is supposed to mean. They should have a game before getting funding...for the game?

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
They did say minimum, not maximum. If you were expecting this to be done in a year or so, you're vastly underestimating just how complex games are to make. Subverse is intended to be a 30 hour plus game to finish, that doesn't get knocked out in a year like a copy-paste sports game by EA.

Also...the funding was to...make the game? Not sure what your latter statement is supposed to mean. They should have a game before getting funding...for the game?
Fist of all, StudioFOW was already a somewhat established company with many recurring supporters on patreon, I don't have the exact numbers but I know they easily made 5 figures every month from donations alone, so what do they need 2 million dollars for exactly?

Second of all, the game was in development for at least 2 years before they released it and we got barely an hour worth of content on the first release. With 2 millions dollars and 2 years, they can only yield 1 hour of content? That was the first red flag.

As you would think, every release since then has been quite disappointing and lackluster. Looking at the review ratio as of late should tell you as much 1652836266023.png

The reason is simple, they already sold the game. They already got most of the profit they would ever get for this. So where is the motivation? Where is the incentive to be creative and shoot out lots of quality content as promised? Why would they break their backs and make 30 hours of high quality content when they already sold out?

That can pan out in two different ways:

Either they release worse quality content over a shorter period of time in order to get it over with in a timely manner and they don't give shit how that makes them look cause they already got paid.

Or they will prolong the development for so long, it will be easier for them to work and give high quality content but we can look forward to 10 years of EA because of lazy devs who are only willing to work a couple of hours a week.

Funnily enough , it seems like they are currently doing both. One update every 3 months and lower quality content than what is expected of them(y)

I sincerely hope this will prove why crowdfunding and early access is generally a bad idea, the same reason why pre-ordering an AAA game is frowned upon these days. You don't sell the pelt before the bear has been shot.

Last edited:

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Fist of all, StudioFOW was already a somewhat established company with many recurring supporters on patreon, I don't have the exact numbers but I know they easily made 5 figures every month from donations alone, so what do they need 2 million dollars for exactly?

Second of all, the game was in development for at least 2 years before they released it and we got barely an hour worth of content on the first release. With 2 millions dollars and 2 years, they can only yield 1 hour of content? That was the first red flag.

As you would think, every release since then has been quite disappointing and lackluster. Looking at the review ratio as of late should tell you as much View attachment 1816810

The reason is simple, they already sold the game. They already got most of the profit they would ever get for this. So where is the motivation? Where is the willingness to be creative and shoot out lots of quality content as promised? Why would they break their backs and make 30 hours of high quality content when they already sold out?

That will pan out in one of two different ways:

Either they release worse quality content over a shorter period of time in order to get it over with in a timely manner and they don't give shit how that makes them look cause they already got paid.

Or they will prolong the development for so long, it will be easier for them to work and give high quality content but we can look forward to 10 years of EA because of lazy devs who are only willing to work maybe a couple of hours a week.

I sincerely hope this will prove why crowdfunding and early access is generally a bad idea, the same reason why pre-ordering an AAA game is frowned upon these days. You don't sell the pelt before the bear has been shot.
Who did they sell out to exactly? The people buying the game? It's not like they got bought up by a publisher or something. Also they have to deliver on a finished product, else I'm pretty sure they can get in legal trouble for not living up to their overall backing goal. The ratio's been skewed ever since the Chinese bombing that occurred over the translation. Also nice how you cropped out the numbers, cuz 274 recents to 9,783 overall doesn't really work for your argument.

Considering they want to make movies again in the future (Part of developing Subverse is them learning the engine they'll be making future films in) why would they want to drag this out? They can't coast on a single game forever, they want to get back to having a supporter base again.

The quality is subjective and subject to change, as is the nature of early access. They've taken in plenty of feedback of what players did and didn't like and are adjusting, which is the point of EA. They regularly keep us updated with monthly entries, so what shadow game are they playing in your mind?

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
Who did they sell out to exactly? The people buying the game? It's not like they got bought up by a publisher or something. Also they have to deliver on a finished product, else I'm pretty sure they can get in legal trouble for not living up to their overall backing goal. The ratio's been skewed ever since the Chinese bombing that occurred over the translation. Also nice how you cropped out the numbers, cuz 274 recents to 9,783 overall doesn't really work for your argument.

Considering they want to make movies again in the future (Part of developing Subverse is them learning the engine they'll be making future films in) why would they want to drag this out? They can't coast on a single game forever, they want to get back to having a supporter base again.

The quality is subjective and subject to change, as is the nature of early access. They've taken in plenty of feedback of what players did and didn't like and are adjusting, which is the point of EA. They regularly keep us updated with monthly entries, so what shadow game are they playing in your mind?
274 recently just means nobody is buying this crap anymore, which furthermore proves that they have already earned most of the money from this already. Yes, they might have to finish the game but they don't have to make it good or anything like they said it would be or what the fans want, cause guess what, they already got paid. Even if the game turns out to be shit when its finished and got nothing of what they initially promised, they can always say:
"Well, we're bad at making games, so we're just gonna go back to making movies" *stuffs 2 mil in backpocket*

And people are still gonna support them in making movies cause they haven't fucked that up (yet)

Idk why you're putting so much blind faith into them but the buyers are starting to turn against them. I'd not be surprised if we see their reviews get ratioed by the time we see the full release unless they start taking it more seriously.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
274 recently just means nobody is buying this crap anymore, which furthermore proves that they have already earned most of the money from this already. Yes, they might have to finish the game but they don't have to make it good or anything like they said it would be or what the fans want, cause guess what, they already got paid. Even if the game turns out to be shit when its finished and got nothing of what they initially promised, they can always say:
"Well, we're bad at making games, so we're just gonna go back to making movies" *stuffs 2 mil in backpocket*

And people are still gonna support them in making movies cause they haven't fucked that up (yet)

Idk why you're putting so much blind faith into them but the buyers are starting to turn against them. I'd not be surprised if we see their reviews get ratioed by the time we see the full release unless they start taking it more seriously.
Do...you think they've been hanging onto that money for 3 years now? Cuz I would think it goes into...paying their dev team. Which unless you're assuming minimum (which good game devs wouldn't work for), that 2 mil is looooong spent by now.

And its pretty easy to have to faith in them, considering they never canceled something they announced. Even when Blizzard sued them over the Yrel film.

Also the future plan is films and games, with them having separate funding, so folks can pick what they want to support specifically.

2.90 star(s) 249 Votes