cyan101

Apr 12, 2019

2nd half of Sova update coming July 25th. Still within the 3-4 month period from Taron’s March release. What do ya know :cool:
I kinda feel like its either bad PR or a shit community, because they are updating with quite a decent amount of content at a good rate for both a normal game and especially for lewd games. Yet for some reason they decided to push a half update early and even though they explained it "ok" (didnt exactly make it clear) the people still hated on it being an empty update despite being halfway.

Kinda feel like its the community at this point and a bit sorry for the team having to see all the negative/misunderstanding idiots

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I kinda feel like its either bad PR or a shit community, because they are updating with quite a decent amount of content at a good rate for both a normal game and especially for lewd games. Yet for some reason they decided to push a half update early and even though they explained it "ok" (didnt exactly make it clear) the people still hated on it being an empty update despite being halfway.

Kinda feel like its the community at this point and a bit sorry for the team having to see all the negative/misunderstanding idiots
It just had a slow start after the initial launch of early access. That and a lot of people not knowing how long game dev takes, and thinking that money makes things happen faster.

sivertop

Jun 9, 2017

i think its more about how studiofow started this "project" they kept switching up on how things will be done and how far they already are, and then early access came and everyone was able to see that they had done almost nothing, and take even longer than they said they would, adding to it how lackluster/barebones every system was and still is...and a lot of other things to consider too, personally i am not able to buy it on steam thanks to germany banning adult games (even the bought ones are gone) so, i dont really care anymore how long they take since i never paid anyway, but i can understand how the kickstarter supporters must feel.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
i think its more about how studiofow started this "project" they kept switching up on how things will be done and how far they already are, and then early access came and everyone was able to see that they had done almost nothing, and take even longer than they said they would, adding to it how lackluster/barebones every system was and still is...and a lot of other things to consider too, personally i am not able to buy it on steam thanks to germany banning adult games (even the bought ones are gone) so, i dont really care anymore how long they take since i never paid anyway, but i can understand how the kickstarter supporters must feel.
The amount of backers that were angry about it is like less than 100. Yeah they did change how’d they go about developing it, but they were always upfront about why.

sivertop

Jun 9, 2017
The amount of backers that were angry about it is like less than 100. Yeah they did change how’d they go about developing it, but they were always upfront about why.
a lot more backers trust me, besides that, yes they were upfront about why they changed their model after multiple times of changing it back and forth. What they were not upfront about is, is that they were talking about how much they have already finished in content (while kickstarter was running, way before ea release), and this and that, would be in for start of ea and blablabla...meanwhile not even half of what they said was finished was in the ea and during ea in dev diarys they talk about how they now work on it...but why do they have to work on it? when many of the things as they said before ea were finished?

Dont get me wrong i wish the best for Subverse, but a lot of things they said before ea and after it contradict themselfs a lot.
Also we are not talking Indie anymore...they got 1m+ through kickstarter + sales on steam (they were #2 in trending sales there) and other platforms, for development, while "indie" devs often dont even have a 100k as a budget but have more complex systems+content and more content and dont even have half the development time + they are a lot less people sometimes just 1 person.

Subverse reached 1m+ on kickstarter at May 2019 and they worked on it already way before that, keep that in mind.
For how barebones the systems, gameplay and content is in **lets say 3years** not counting the work before kickstarter, of development, i think its pretty clear why not just "100" backers are annoyed and angry but a lot more than that.

Just saying...as mentioned personally im not angry at all anymore since i feel like im not allowed to be, since i never paid for it.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
a lot more backers trust me, besides that, yes they were upfront about why they changed their model after multiple times of changing it back and forth. What they were not upfront about is, is that they were talking about how much they have already finished in content (while kickstarter was running, way before ea release), and this and that, would be in for start of ea and blablabla...meanwhile not even half of what they said was finished was in the ea and during ea in dev diarys they talk about how they now work on it...but why do they have to work on it? when many of the things as they said before ea were finished?

Dont get me wrong i wish the best for Subverse, but a lot of things they said before ea and after it contradict themselfs a lot.
Also we are not talking Indie anymore...they got 1m+ through kickstarter + sales on steam (they were #2 in trending sales there) and other platforms, for development, while "indie" devs often dont even have a 100k as a budget but have more complex systems+content and more content and dont even have half the development time + they are a lot less people sometimes just 1 person.

Subverse reached 1m+ on kickstarter at May 2019 and they worked on it already way before that, keep that in mind.
For how barebones the systems, gameplay and content is in **lets say 3years** not counting the work before kickstarter, of development, i think its pretty clear why not just "100" backers are annoyed and angry but a lot more than that.

Just saying...as mentioned personally im not angry at all anymore since i feel like im not allowed to be, since i never paid for it.
That’s another bad misconception. Money doesn’t equal speed. Anyone that expected a 30+ hour intended game to be done in a couple years just plain has no idea how game dev works.

Backers that had a problem were very few in number. It isn’t hard to be patient.

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Money doesn’t equal speed. Anyone that expected a 30+ hour intended game to be done in a couple years just plain has no idea how game dev works.

Backers that had a problem were very few in number. It isn’t hard to be patient.
Do you think games take centuries to make or something? Latest God of War is made in 4 years confirmed by devs themselves. If you look at early access games on steam some of their devs write the game is already in 1 or 2 years in development and is expected to leave early access in 1 or 2 years at most. That usually makes it 4 years max.

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Do you think games take centuries to make or something? Latest God of War is made in 4 years confirmed by devs themselves. If you look at early access games on steam some of their devs write the game is already in 1 or 2 years in development and is expected to leave early access in 1 or 2 years at most. That usually makes it 4 years max.
No, but you can't expect something that long to be done in such a short time. This isn't some yearly sports iteration where you just changed the numbers and stats. Let alone for a first time dev.

If you wanna make a Kickstarter/first game comparison, how about Undertale, the one-man game that asked for 5,000, got 51,000, and took 32 months to make. And that's for a game that totaled less than 200 MBs, and can be completed in a few hours.

There's another well known adult game called Future Fragments that is only about to come out later this year. Its first appearance on this site? 2017. But its just a pixel side scroller, surely it couldn't take that long to make, right?

If you wanna go for money equals everything, why is Star Citizen still not done yet? Why did games like Mighty No.9 or Shenmue 3 experience colossal failures despite their large backing. And those had experienced game devs at their helm. This stuff isn't easy no matter who you are or how much you have to work with. But it sure is simpler to just look from the outside and go 'well this should be done already because AAA studio does it quick', like development time is a factor in its quality.

I'd rather have it be done right than rushed. I don't need them to crunch, I don't need them to finish it this year or next year, we get it when we get it. They've shown no sign of troubles aside from actual natural disasters occurring to a dev's home. I think ya'll should count your blessings that they didn't just go dark, didn't take any buyer feedback into account and pop up once or twice a year to explain why stuff isn't out yet.

If you don't like it in its current form, that's fine. Its early access, and that is its purpose. To actively develop the game alongside customer feedback. But don't go knocking the devs because it isn't how you thought it would look at this point in time. I recently started playing around with Blender, and it takes me hours just to get a proper pose the way I want it. I want to learn animation but I know that's gonna take time. A lot of it. I wish this was easy as clacking a couple of dolls together in VR, but sadly we ain't there yet. I hope ya'll can get some perspective from this and realize just how good you've actually got it with this game. What they're doing is monumental, and Rome wasn't built in a day.

Reactions: AlternateDreams

sx78

Feb 23, 2018
Why are you comparing the dev team who made God of War with StudioFOW? Am I missing something here? lol. That just seems like a crap comparison, and more angry people from the F95 community yelling into the void again.

And most 'early access games' on Steam, never leave 'early access'. Where are you pulling all of these numbers from? 4 years max? 1 or 2 at most? What is going on here? Did someone conduct a statisical analysis of how long an early access game takes to be completed when I was away? Did I miss something here? How do you know this?

I could have sworn half of the crap on F95 was 'early access' and have been for a very long time, if they are not left 'abandoned'. Do you not know Wild Life or SomethingUnlimited exists?

If you don't like how StudioFOW is running things, just move on to another game already. I don't see the problem here.

Why does everyone else have to suffer? As a lurker, do you know how hard it is to sift through 340+ pages of NTR flame wars and update complaints? The search button is like jesus for me, but even then, it is difficult. Can we actually have some useful insight into the game?

Last edited:

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Why are you comparing the dev team who made God of War with StudioFOW? Am I missing something here? lol. That just seems like a crap comparison, and more angry people from the F95 community yelling into the void again.

And most 'early access games' on Steam, never leave 'early access'. Where are you pulling all of these numbers from? 4 years max? 1 or 2 at most? What is going on here? Did someone conduct a statisical analysis of how long an early access game takes to be completed when I was away? Did I miss something here? How do you know this?

I could have sworn half of the crap on F95 was 'early access' and have been for a very long time, if they are not left 'abandoned'. Do you not know Wild Life or SomethingUnlimited exists?

If you don't like how StudioFOW is running things, just move on to another game already. I don't see the problem here.

Why does everyone else have to suffer? As a lurker, do you know how hard it is to sift through 340+ pages of NTR flame wars and update complaints? The search button is like jesus for me, but even then, it is difficult. Can we actually have some useful insight into the game?
Just wanna note that the FOW discord is public to join :)

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Why are you comparing the dev team who made God of War with StudioFOW? Am I missing something here?
Yes, you are missing something. The person I was replying to is saying we shouldn't expect any decent game in like what? 10 years or something because apparently all the games take more than a couple of years to make:
Anyone that expected a 30+ hour intended game to be done in a couple years just plain has no idea how game dev works.
Gow is made in 4 years. Can you guess how many hours does it take on average to complete it?

And most 'early access games' on Steam, never leave 'early access'.
I don't know about you but I've been enjoying indie games a lot more(which were in early access mind you) than AAA games in the past few years. Dead Cells, Hades, The Last Spell, Hadean Tactics, Nova Drift, M.A.S.S Builder, Ravenfield, Gunfire Reborn, Dreamscaper, Slay The Spire, Mad Games Tycoon 2, Tower of Time... I didn't even had to think to write those.

Where are you pulling all of these numbers from? 4 years max? 1 or 2 at most? What is going on here? Did someone conduct a statisical analysis of how long an early access game takes to be completed when I was away? Did I miss something here? How do you know this?
Those numbers are from my experience. I've seen too many indie games with the description:
"We've been developing this game for 2 years and we expect it to be in early access for another 2, depending on the feedback."
But if you want more solid info you can google any game's development time.

Abandoned tag is for games that hadn't been updated in a while(6 months I think), it doesn't mean they're actually abandoned.

I never did those and I post here rarely, you get triggered by my 1(ONE) post and decided to shift the blame of everything to me, lmao.

Last edited:

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Again, why are you comparing this to a professional studio that's been making games for more than two decades, with over 250 employees? if anything you're undermining your point, cuz if 250+ people take four years to make a game to a sequel, most of which they can reuse assets for, then FOW has plenty of reasons to be taking this long. sony santa monica.png

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Again, why are you comparing this to a professional studio that's been making games for more than two decades, with over 250 employees? if anything you're undermining your point, cuz if 250+ people take four years to make a game to a sequel, most of which they can reuse assets for, then FOW has plenty of reasons to be taking this long.
First, my point was and still is: games are developed around 4 years, usually less, rarely more. I've never said anything about their budget, employee count, file size or graphics. So please stop moving the goalpost constantly.

Second, santa monica's last god of war game(which is god of war ascension or 3 remastered) has assets that are nowhere close to the current gow(2018) quality. If you think they actually reused assets from their previous games without even touching them, you are out of your mind.

Third, studiofow is not entirely inexperienced. Animation is one of the hardest part of creating a game, and they have plenty of experience in that.

Fourth, even if you actually believe this is why game shouldn't come in a few years but instead should take something like 10 years, tell me, what is stopping studiofow from hiring actual developers to help them, with the amount of money they've got surely they can afford to do that, right?

Fifth, they can keep milking people like you as long as they want, I don't care. Just don't go around spreading lies like this while trying to justify your purchase:
Anyone that expected a 30+ hour intended game to be done in a couple years just plain has no idea how game dev works.
Please.

Last edited:

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
First, my point was and still is: games are developed around 4 years, usually less, rarely more. I've never said anything about their budget, employee count, file size or graphics. So please stop moving the goalpost constantly.

Second, santa monica's last god of war game(which is god of war ascension or 3 remastered) has assets that are nowhere close to the current gow(2018) quality. If you think they actually reused assets from their previous games without even touching them, you are out of your mind.

Third, studiofow is not entirely inexperienced. Animation is one of the hardest part of creating a game, and they have plenty of experience in that.

Fourth, even if you actually believe this is why game shouldn't come in a few years but instead should take something like 10 years, tell me, what is stopping studiofow from hiring actual developers to help them, with the amount of money they've got surely they can afford to do that, right?

Fifth, they can keep milking people like you as long as they want, I don't care. Just don't go around spreading lies like this while trying to justify your purchase:

Please.
How can they milk us by only gaining a profit from selling the game? Its not like they're getting monthly revenue like say the Wild Life devs, need I remind you on how long that been's going on for? And they even tried a kickstarter themselves, years after already pulling in tons from their Patreon already.

Your 4 years is not a goalpost. Its a dream, and not everyone can work within those limits without either crunching themselves or others. If every game could be finished that quickly, explain the announcement and eventually release of Final Fantasy 15, FF7 Remake. Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil 4, Duke Nukem Forever, The Last Guardian, and as I've mentioned Star Citizen, which has been in development since 2010.

Last edited:

Purple_Heart

Oct 15, 2021
Your 4 years is not a goalpost. Its a dream, and not everyone can work within those limits without either crunching themselves or others. If every game could be finished that quickly, explain the announcement and eventually release of Final Fantasy 15, FF7 Remake. Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil 4, Duke Nukem Forever, The Last Guardian, and as I've mentioned Star Citizen, which has been in development since 2010.
Funny how almost every game dev can make their games in a even smaller timeframe but when it comes to subverse it is suddenly a dream then it is cherry picking time. Ofcourse lets ignore every other game ever made because they don't support your argument :HideThePain:

Deleted member 324588

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Funny how almost every game dev can make their games in a even smaller timeframe but when it comes to subverse it is suddenly a dream then it is cherry picking time. Ofcourse lets ignore every other game ever made because they don't support your argument :HideThePain:
Dude I gave several examples. You're choosing to ignore the argument. So this discussion is over.

2.90 star(s) 247 Votes