snstep

Mar 18, 2019
Is it really okay to continue with my save from before? It would really suck if I (possibly unknowingly) came across a bug later because of that. Maybe I should start over from scratch, just in case...
We did find one bug during QC where sometimes carrying over to a NG+ run after doing the expansion can stick a bunch of "empty" invalid items in your inventory when loading after restarting the game. Civmi (SQDT's lead) did a hotfix that lets you just use those items causing no effect and clears them from your inventory (because we couldn't figure out the cause). We did multiple QC runs and didn't find any other major bugs (but it is still an indie sort of operation). So you should be safe. You can always just stick it in a new save slot though (I use multiple ones in games anyway, but that's just kind of how I am).

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Alright, thanks for letting me know. I'll probably start over with the append installed, anyway. It will be a bit boring, but this isn't the most grindy game in the world, not by a very wide stretch of the imagination.

Good luck to all the night walkers out there, may you be blessed with the greatest RNG possible for all the fights!

Quite Frankly

Jul 25, 2017
I'm not sure how to get to the DLC content either, I don't want to restart the game unless i absolutely have to, that kinda sucks.

cloudcuculander

Aug 10, 2022
Alright, found it.

When you start the game and go to the main area. (Club house village) There will be a shrine entrance, it'll play a cutscene and you'll be able to start the DLC by entering it.

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
is there a best stance for the game?
From the little experience I had with it, the Path of the Sage (coward/fear stance) seems the most reliable often leading to pretty quick bursts (even if the burst is weaker than the other 2 stances). With the Sage, I was bursting for 18k on a crit, vs 26-29k in the Lunatic stance... How quickly you can build up the full burst with the Lunatic can be quite RNG dependent. I didn't test the full burst with the Warrior stance, it should be higher damage still, but the Warrior takes longer to build up the burst, plus you have to surrender, meaning you lose life for each burst (which might not be so bad, I was never hurting for Life while playing the Lunatic stance).

So, anyway, if you just want a mostly strategiless, easy to understand, reliable stance to get through the game, I'd say the Path of the Sage might be for you. Without looking too much into it, I'd say the Sage has the highest dps on average too, but I could be wrong about that.

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
Stupid question: At what point does the DLC start? Do I need to start a new game from a completed run in the basement?
I'm not sure how to get to the DLC content either, I don't want to restart the game unless i absolutely have to, that kinda sucks.
After you defeat your 2nd required story boss, or from the very beginning if you're in a NG+ run, you'll see a Torii gate in the Clubhouse Village, east of the Guidance Consoler's Office, with a white-haired boy passed out in front of it. Talk to him, and a portal will appear under the gate. Go through that to start the DLC story.

is there a best stance for the game?
I find the Brave/Hero stance works really well, especially if you get a photo of the Oni, as her ability makes it very easy to protect yourself against forced changes. The Struggle ability stacks with both the Oni photo and other effects that reduce status effects, and the high Combo chance (as well as the natural chance to trigger Counter on damage) lets you build up finishers pretty fast, both in the new content, as well as when taking your Album back to the main game (there are some useful effects you can use...should make many runs a bit easier).

I was reading description for dlc and it says there is only 5 animated sex scenes. Seems kinda low
I'm going off memory, but I think there are actually 6 that use movies: the prologue scene, the final boss, and the second form (but not the first) of the second bosses and the second forms (but not the first) of all of Hakumen's transformations. But yeah, now that you mention it, that's much fewer, relative to the number of scenes, compared to the main game, though it truly and honestly didn't feel noticeably so to me, maybe because there are what feels like a lot more potential scenes relative to the overall feeling of the content?

Esander

Aug 24, 2020
Happy to see this back. Original game was quite fun to play. Bought it and would be happy to see more from this circle in future.

bunny931

Feb 14, 2019
Never mind, I guess Counter happens more often than I thought, though I can go a bunch of turns without seeing it sometimes. Though, the full burst was only 33-36k for me with the Warrior, my buffs were Focus II and Shiver +30% (Hatter's key). I kinda expected more, but it still seems good... Building the full burst requires a bit of waiting for your EP to get high enough as well, though that didn't seem that bad. I really do wonder how the dps checks out against the Sage stance...
The warrior does not need to worry about buffs, just build up your gauge, let your EP increase (this part benefits more from harder difficulty and dream stage; Pafukusu for example isn't good for this), use Focus at the right time, Hatter's key before Focus II or at the same time with Sprint, and other than that you'll just have to worry about making sure you can struggle at the right time to prevent a stance change. More straightforward than I initially thought.

Not sure about the the new photo features, I guess I'll find out later. With the little testing I've done, I've been quite successful at refusing stance changes with 2 keys + struggle, but not sure how much more than w/ just 2 keys, it's definitely not fool-proof, you can still be forced into a stance change that way.

Btw, does dream stage outside of the DLC affect the difficulty for the expansion too? I'd rather do all the battles at the highest difficulty that it can be.

Last edited:

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
I've been quite successful at refusing stance changes with 2 keys + struggle, but not sure how much more than w/ just 2 keys, it's definitely not fool-proof, you can still be forced into a stance change that way.
The expansion makes a few changes to status effects and enemy behavior, but generally speaking, you can do pretty well with it. It also helps that (if you haven't noticed yet), enemy special moves are much more predictable, as specific enemy stances almost always mean the same type of finisher: for example, Cruel will always make you Sensitive, Terror will always, well, inflict Terror, Drain will always be big damage (and as a note, there's an additional change where Veil is not as strong as before, but if you use it to block a Drain-stance finisher, you'll get an extra point towards your own Stance Gauge).

Btw, does dream stage outside of the DLC affect the difficulty for the expansion too? I'd rather do all the battles at the highest difficulty that it can be.
Yes, it does. Bear in mind that for story reasons, you can't get a game over in the expansion, but you only get one shot at certain trophies, and losing the final encounter will get you a "Bad End" (but you'll still resume the normal game afterward). So feel free to challenge yourself a little.

Reactions: bunny931

Reiga711

Jul 30, 2018
Anyone have a full save with every scene for the English version with Apend? I finished the DLC content, but all the original scenes were gone... and I don't want to redo everything to complete it

Edit : i found a full save with the JP version, but not sure how well it'll go

Misatox

Aug 21, 2022
how do you light the Candle in the Lab area? not the one in the basement! i am trying to get to the Notorious Succubus there.

snstep

Mar 18, 2019
how do you light the Candle in the Lab area? not the one in the basement! i am trying to get to the Notorious Succubus there.
Bait one of the Beasts that's roaming the area close to it. They take two hits to destroy, and the first time they're hit, they'll summon up a big fireball. So you want to walk into it right as it's walking by the candle (from any side will work), and the fireball will light the candle.

Misatox

Aug 21, 2022
Bait one of the Beasts that's roaming the area close to it. They take two hits to destroy, and the first time they're hit, they'll summon up a big fireball. So you want to walk into it right as it's walking by the candle (from any side will work), and the fireball will light the candle.
Thank you very much!

Misatox

Aug 21, 2022
i cant figure out how to upgrade my Epitaph Card. lol... the grave digger doesnt say anything.
says next entry 10* i have 67* or is the grave digger a different NPC i am missing?

4.80 star(s) 19 Votes